Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Honestly, as long as it looks as good as Witcher 2, I'll be happy. I'm replaying it and it's still gorgeous and I still can't use ubersampling(FPS drops to 25 :< )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Remember, a game can't be good unless the graphics are the best ever!

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I'll be pretty happy if I can play it without my computer bursting into flame.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Dilber posted:

Honestly, as long as it looks as good as Witcher 2, I'll be happy. I'm replaying it and it's still gorgeous and I still can't use ubersampling(FPS drops to 25 :< )

That's 22 more than I get.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That's 22 more than I get.

I can get it pretty consistent FPS-wise, but it gets kinda crashy with uber on.

If people want to update their rigs for Witcher 3, the GT960 is supposed to be out Q1 of 2015, hopefully before February 24th.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I hope they have some sort of Dragon Age Keep esque save game editor that I can use because I lost all my saves from the previous games in a format :(

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

I hope they have some sort of Dragon Age Keep esque save game editor that I can use because I lost all my saves from the previous games in a format :(

There has to be some site where you can download saves with different choices, similar to Mass Effect 2, right?
If not, you could always ask the thread.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

There has to be some site where you can download saves with different choices, similar to Mass Effect 2, right?

I think so yeah, I'm pretty sure I used one for the Witcher 2. Hopefully there's something close enough to what I did and at least the Witcher series didn't have that many critical choices.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

havenwaters posted:

A new trailer came out.

Still looking awesome. Can anyone make out who that is exploding away those wraiths? Looks like Geralt or Ciri?

Regarding graphics, flaws will appear whith extreme close-ups like those in the beginning of this trailer. Think I've said this before but it looks at least as good as W2, which is still unbeaten in graphic fidelity imo.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Still looking awesome. Can anyone make out who that is exploding away those wraiths? Looks like Geralt or Ciri?

Regarding graphics, flaws will appear whith extreme close-ups like those in the beginning of this trailer. Think I've said this before but it looks at least as good as W2, which is still unbeaten in graphic fidelity imo.

I just assumed it was Yen since Ciri gave up her magic and Signs can't do shields that explode.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Who's the other witcher? Lambert?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

I just assumed it was Yen since Ciri gave up her magic and Signs can't do shields that explode.

Pausing just before it goes off it looks like someone with white hair kneeling. Seems a bit much for Geralt though.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

GrossMurpel posted:

I was looking for information about this a few weeks ago and saw a dev post on the official forums that basically said.

If they do the same as DA Keep it will delay the game even further, however the choices in the Witcher are not as complex as Dragon Age's so CDPR will look at options for players to let the game know what key choices they made in the last two witcher games.

I took this as there will be some kind of way to tell the game what choices you made in the last games

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

I think so yeah, I'm pretty sure I used one for the Witcher 2. Hopefully there's something close enough to what I did and at least the Witcher series didn't have that many critical choices.
I just hope that the developers are kind enough to give us some worldstates for the console versions in that case.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Not liking the slightly different haircut on Geralt.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Apparently there's a 2nd playable character? Or is this just old news?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Oh cool Yennefer talked.

And yeah I don't think Ciri's magic is gone anymore since in game-canon she apparently brought Yennefer and Geralt back from the dead.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Heliosicle posted:

Apparently there's a 2nd playable character? Or is this just old news?

I heard a suggestion it's going to be a Red Dead Redemption situation with Ciri. Sounds cool.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

Oh cool Yennefer talked.

And yeah I don't think Ciri's magic is gone anymore since in game-canon she apparently brought Yennefer and Geralt back from the dead.

I just thought she transported them (since her dimension-hopping is apparently special and independent of other magic) to a magical island that made Geralt not die.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Geralt was already dead. And even if he wasn't, Yennefer died trying to heal him from drawing more magic than she could handle. I think we're legitimately supposed to think that she straight up used bullshit Elder Blood powers to bring them back from death.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The games never happened. They are in fact Yennifer's last dream before the end.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Riso posted:

The games never happened. They are in fact Yennifer's last dream before the end.

Considering how the first two games barely mention Yennefer and how Geralt is together with Triss, I'd say it's Triss' dream :v:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
It's just the nightmare part!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

The thread on their forum with people up in arms about the graphics in that trailer is now up to 142 pages.

Holy poo poo, I feel bad for devs.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't see what's so bad about them. They look drat good to me. I've never been a big graphics whore though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

The Sharmat posted:

I don't see what's so bad about them. They look drat good to me. I've never been a big graphics whore though.

Probably just gamergaters who are mad that the nearly-finished game doesn't look exactly like the CGI cutscenes CDPR used in the early promos. Everything they've released so far looks better than Witcher 2, which is still one of the best looking games out there.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I don't understand it either, supposedly they think the graphics have been downgraded on the same level as Dark Souls 2?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Probably just gamergaters who are mad that the nearly-finished game doesn't look exactly like the CGI cutscenes CDPR used in the early promos. Everything they've released so far looks better than Witcher 2, which is still one of the best looking games out there.

What the gently caress does Gamergate have to do with anything? The hell?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Misplaced anger and entitlement.

Game continues to look great, love CDPR and everything they're about. Seriously one of the few companies I admire both with the products they release and the way they treat their playerbase.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I still don't know what Gamergate actually is and I feel my life is infinitely better for it.

So does Yennefer still have amnesia or what? She seems well aware of the Wild Hunt in that trailer but I have no idea what part of the game that dialogue is taken from.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

I still don't know what Gamergate actually is and I feel my life is infinitely better for it.

So does Yennefer still have amnesia or what? She seems well aware of the Wild Hunt in that trailer but I have no idea what part of the game that dialogue is taken from.

Who knows. I guess we'll see.

As far as graphical downgrades go, who cares? I can maybe see a slight downgrade, but nothing major. Oh no, maybe the developer lowered the graphics slightly so it wouldn't cause most people's computers to explode or lower the frame rate. I mean, if it looks great and the frame rate is crap, people would be complaining about that just the same. Can't make people happy no matter what.

Honestly though, CDP are so transparent in the development that even if they do downgrade the graphics, I'm sure they'd still include the highest of highest res available for those who have the system capabilities. People make assumptions and get upset about the dumbest stuff, I swear.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Delayed again :(

quote:

Dear Gamers,
Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.
The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio's history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.
With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.
We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It's a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologise and ask for your trust.
Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.
- The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-08-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-delayed-again-now-due-may-2015

It's fair enough but aaagh, I'm so impatient.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

On the bright side, it launches the day after I get back from a business trip to South America.

it's going to set off another poo poo storm on their forum with people going "SEE, SEE THEY'RE TAKING THE EXTRA TIME TO DOWNGRADE IT."

quote:

DAT DELAY THOU!!!!!!! The game will be a buggy and downgraded mess!! Consoles have ruined everything!

Dilber fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 8, 2014

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
Just in time for the next GPU offerings from AMD and Nvidia as well as those nice 4K panels. More time to save up. :)

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Dilber posted:

quote:

DAT DELAY THOU!!!!!!! The game will be a buggy and downgraded mess!! Consoles have ruined everything!

Don't you know, nothing fixes bugs like spending less time making the game!!

Really sucks about the delay, but a "when it's done" approach is how you ensure the end result is good. I don't want an unplayable pile of crap 2 months early.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah honestly it will be for the best and it definitely does give me a bit more time to save up for a new graphics card. God knows what it's going to need to run on a 1440p monitor.

Going to have to replay Witcher 2 several more times now.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

More Quotes from literal gamer babies

quote:

I don't hear anything about compensating us, the players, for this second delay which you, the CDPR team, had stated that it not gonna happen.... And no, I don't want to hear that "the compensation will be the end product"

quote:

Wow. Is this a direct response from #downgradegate?

quote:

F this... First the trailer with an obvious downgrade and now A DELAY for ANOTHER 3 MONTHS...

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, on the bright side, I'm not going to suddenly blowing several hundred dollars come Febuary now for Rogue/Unity/REmake/Rev2/Witcher 3. On the other, drat, Witcher 3 was the one I wanted most out of that pile.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Well that's disappointing. Knowing CDPR this delay will be put to the best use possible, but it's also just more ammo for people to complain about. How many times have CDPR pushed the release date back? If they don't meet the May deadline I can't imagine what kind of community blowback they will need to manage.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Where the gently caress did the downgrade thing come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Demiurge4 posted:

Where the gently caress did the downgrade thing come from?

A frost texture in the latest trailer most likely was bugged, and people have been pointing out how therefore ALL THE GRAPHICS ARE TERRIBLE AND LOOK WORSE THAN EARLY TRAILERS AND ARGGGGGGG

• Locked thread