Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Senerio posted:

Punk would've been in Mid-South in 2002. He either hasn't or has just signed with ROH.

Anyway, in the interest in continuing to provide you, the WWF Fans, with the best product, and because I was in a creative mood, I have written up a survey that everyone can fill out, which will provide us with important feedback, such as (preemptively expecting) Skunkrocker's request for more Marty Janetty. This will help me see what you, the WWF Fans, want, and give us an indication of how you feel about our product.

Everything I put is serious, but doublely so for the last part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Sorry guys, you know what I want. If I filled out that questionnaire it'd literally be "everything in WWF sucks except the fact you made Marty Jannetty into a badass." :smug:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This episode is kind of on the dense side. I found out I had one less week of build than I thought I did right before I booked it, so I had to cram in some extra promo stuff. Hopefully it'll still be enjoyable!

CookinWithNitro posted:

WCW Nitro was burning in the night baby!

Nitro opens with The Thrillseekers hitting the ring, table in hand! Christian sets the table up and uses it as a Soap Box. "Last week we confronted the Outsiders, and they ran like cowards! For nearly a year now those two have run out of control in WCW, acting like they're untouchable because they're these big badasses who dominated Up North and WCW is a 'small pond,' by comparison. And they're not the only ones! All the Flawless Diamonds think that since they ran things in other companies they can run things here. Hulk Hogan got a golden ticket from minute one. Even Warrior and Macho Man, they respect this company, but at the end of the day we all know where they made it, and it wasn't here! It's time for the world to look at WCW wrestlers and see that we're the top of this business! Great American Bash is going the mark the birth of a new era for this company! And that era starts when the Outsiders fall, and the Thrillseekers bring the Tag Team Championship home!"

Christian's speech us cut off when the Flawless Diamonds theme hits... and Kevin Nash appears! "You know kid, I like you. You got brass in your tights, unlike most of the hillbillies and wrap-eaters backstage. But guts aren't enough.You talk about DUBYA CEE DUBYA WRASSLERS being the best. Who's got the belts, Cage? We do. Who's got the money? We do. Who's got the fame, the posters, the action figures? WE DO! What was that dumb slogan WCW stopped using earlier this year: 'Where the big boys play?' That's exactly what the big boys do around here Christian. We don't work, we play. WCW and all it's wrestlers are here for our pleasure, to bring us money and fame. You're all puppets, dancing on strings. You don't like it? You better be ready to put you lives on the line to change it. Because otherwise, I promise you, those strings are gonna hold! You! Down!"

Christian tries to retort... but Scott Hall has entered the ring behind the Thrillseekers, and he's got a ladder! Hall stabs Christian in the back of the head, knocking him off the table, then whips the base around and slams Storm right in the gut. Nash joins him, both men take an end, and once the Thrillseekers are back on their feet their opponents sweep the whole ring with the ladder in one charge! The Outsiders drop their weapon on top of the bodies and leave the Thrillseekers squirming in pain as they hoist their tag titles.

Unfortunately for The Thrillseekers, they're also the opening match! Thrillseekers (Lance Storm and Christian Cage) vs Nation of Domination (Aaron Muhammad and Nelson X)! The Nation rushes the ring while the Seekers are still down and ordering the ref to start the match, but WCW Ring Announcer Dave Penzer kindly buys the Thrillseekers some time to collect themselves... by informing us that by request of Ron Simmons, Commissioner Rude has made this match No Disqualifications!

The Nation immediately forget their worries about rules and attack. The two teams brawl relentlessly, and the Thrillseekers barely weather the storm, still hurting from the Outsider's sneak attack. Muhammad manages to clothesline Christian over the top rope and follows him out, and the ref has no choice but to ring the bell and officially start the match despite Nelson having Lance locked in an abdominal stretch. Christian and Muhammad seem evenly matched, and they trade big hits on the floor, using the barricades and the ring steps to their advantage to inflict damage on each other. In the ring, Nelson nails a sitout suplex slam then hits a double leg drop on the back of Lance's head. He ties up Lance's legs, looking for an STF, but Lance counters and get 2 off a rollup! Storm's armdrag leads to a big roundhouse to the temple and then a cross-armbreaker! Nelson howls in pain, resisting the urge to tap... AND STORM TAKES A SPRINGBOARD LEGDROP FROM MUHAMMAD!

Cage is out after missing a spear and eating barricade, and the Nation presses the numbers game with tandem offense, hitting a double gutbuster and a double neckbreaker. Nelson covers, 1... 2... KICK OUT! The Nation hits the Irish Whip, looking for a double clothesline... BUT LANCE COUNTERS WITH A FLYING DOUBLE KICK THAT CATCHES EACH OPPONENT IN THE CHIN! All three men are down and out... and in comes a recovered Christian! He hits Muhammad with a Frog Splash, kicks him out of the ring, and then shouts "IT'S TABLE TIIIIIIME!" Christian retrieves the wood, and gets his partner to his feet. Lance waves Christian off, having an idea... and places a table on top of Nelson X's back! He sits on it and locks in a half-crab, bending the leg over the table's edge! Tenay marks out, saying Storm should call this one the Canadian Maplewood! Nelson is forced to stretch an arm out from under the table to tap out!

We cut to the locker room, where The Champ Randy Savage is talking with Rick Steiner. Savage says tonight they need to make sure they send a message to Heenan and Meng in their tag match. Steiner is concerned about Macho, asking if he's sure helping him with Meng is a good idea after last week. "Besides, what about Regal? He wants your belt bad. You should be keeping your strength up." Macho dismisses the concerns. "Regal may have talent, my man, but he's made himself nothing more than a Diamond patsy, you dig? I know how dangerous Heenan is, he needs to be kept under wraps. Regal? Compared to Bobby Heenan he's nothing but a bump in the road."

Next match, Madusa (w/ Raven) vs Disco Inferno! Having seen the damage that Madusa can dole out, Disco wastes no time before locking up with the Flawless Diamond and trying to gain the upper hand with physical strength. Madusa immediately puts a boot into his gut, forcing him to release his hold rather than trying to match his power, but she takes a moment to smirk and nod in approval, telling Disco that's what she wants. Aware of Inferno's size advantage, Madusa uses impact offense, combining big kicks with momentum-assisted rope attacks in order to keep him from catching his breath. She hits a snapmare, then throws Dico into the ropes to land a bulldog, but Disco fights back with a drop kick!

Disco gets some steam up, nailing a facebreaker knee and then a flapjack throat-first into the rope. Ventura speculates he's trying to disorient her with head impacts so she won't be able to scout the Chart Buster. A little YMCA dance precedes a running elbow drop... but Madusa rolls out of the way! She's quickly on her feet, but Disco matches her with a surprise kip up! They lock up again and Disco whips her into the ropes, but she ducks a clothesline, stops short and locks her hands around his waist! Black Wing Suplex out of nowhere! 1...2...3! Madusa wins!

After the match, Madusa's taunts to the crowd are interrupted by Beulah McGillicuty and Rey Misterio! Beulah berates Madusa for cheating her client. "I mean, I'm sure that cheating on men is your first instinct, but what flies in your ratty apartment bedroom doesn't fly in a WCW ring!" Madusa ignores her cheap dig. "Little girl, all I care about is my Cruiserweight title. Your client gave me a better fight than I expected, but Flawless Diamonds will always do whatever it takes to win. So kitten, I suggest you pull back your little claws and stop pretending we're back in high school and I'm the cheerleader who took your spot on the squad. The world doesn't revolve around you two. Just accept that you were my stepping stones and let it go."

Misterio interrupts and says he's not letting anything go, and he intends to get some payback. "You're not the first person who thought they could use me as a stepping stone, lady. But you are the first one who's had an organization as dangerous as the Diamonds backing up your words. I believe there's nothing someone with enough heart can't accomplish... but I also know that right now I can't stop the Diamonds alone. Every time I try to go after you, Raven will be there to double-team me... so if I want payback, I need someone to help deal with Raven. Someone who will do anything to get to the Diamonds. Someone like LATINO HEAT EDDY GUERRERO!

Eddy comes out, poses for the crowd... then immediately beelines for Raven! They brawl on the outside. Beulah takes the opportunity to slap the taste out of Madusa's mouth, and Madusa picks her up for the Twisted Sister, but Rey saves his manager! The Diamonds decide to retreat as Eddy and Rey and Beulah all call them back to fight.

Randy Savage and Rick Steiner vs Bam Bam Bigelow and The Shark. The two big members of The Heenan Family seem to shake the ring with every step they take, even more so when The Shark stomps into a fighting stance reminiscent of his sumo background at the start of the bell. Rick Steiner, the more experienced of the two in tag-team bouts, begins the match by crashing into each Shark at full speed, but Shark thows Steiner down! The Dog-Face Gremlin gets up and retaliates with a clothesline but The Shark is unaffected, so Steiner hits the ropes to give his next clothesline a little more power, which dazes Shark. Steiner presses the advantage with a third clothesline but Shark counters with one of his own! Steiner is knocked flat on his back and dragged towards the Heenan Family's corner, and Shark tags in Bam Bam Bigelow, who climbs over onto the second rope and comes down on Steiner's arm with a heavy double axe handle!

The two big men take it to the Dog-Faced Gremlin in their corner, smacking him around and wearing down his upper body. Tenay mentions that Heenan at ringside is advising his team to weaken the upper body so the Steiner Driver will be impossible to use on men their size! Bigelow and Shark attempt a tandem clothesline but Steiner scouts it and rebounds with a double clothesline! All three men are down and Savage is like a rabid dog begging for the tag! Steiner drags himself up... and makes it! Macho bounds into the ring, hitting The Shark with a running knee that sends him all the way over the top rope! Bam Bam gets to his feet and soon realizes he's between a rock and a hard place when Steiner pulls back to his feet as well! Steiner and Savage lay into Bigelow together, then Savage puts the boots to Bigelow as Steiner gets out before the five-count... then lifts the champ lifts the Beast From The East up onto his shoulders in an electric chair! Steiner scrambles up to the top rope and leaps for the diving bulldog to Bigelow! IT'S THE STEINERIZER! Savage rolls Bam Bam over for the pin and gets the win!

Shinya Hashimoto, Chris Benoit and Road Warrior Hawk are all on Dusty's Roundup! Dusty says that Hashi requested this interview, and gives him the floor. Oddly, Hashi starts off on an apparent non-sequitor, talking about Japan's ancient religion of Shinto, and mythical creatures called "Kami," saying they are spirits of nature, the primal forces behind all creation. "Not everyone believes in such things, but what one must understand is that Kami are neither inherently good nor evil. They encompass elements of both, like the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang."

Dusty seems confused and asks Hawk to explain what the heck Hashi is talking about. Hawk says the reason Hashi's little lesson is important is because of Mortis. "The Road Warriors were wrestling in Japan a few years back, and at the time my old partner Animal wasn't available. So I invited a local kid to partner up with me as an honorary member. He was a lot like Warrior or Glacier, more of a force of nature than a man. He called himself Power Warrior. Now, this might seem crazy, but I think Mortis and Power Warrior are the same man! Something has made him twist into some kind of evil alter ego. I want to help Hashimoto put down the evil side, so my friend the Power Warrior can come back!"

Benoit snorts derisively. "I don't believe in any of that magical crap. But I do know Great Muta, sort of. I also wrestled in Japan years back. I went by the nickname Wild Pegasus, that's what Muta called me last week. I only knew Muta by reputation, because everyone told me I should keep clear of him. We never wrestled a single match. I can't understand why the guy is so fixated on me." Hashi interrupts and says that he has known Muta for many years and has his own theories about why Benoit has been targeted, but the reason doesn't really matter. "Once Muta has targeted you, there is no negotiation or escape. A wrestler of your caliber may be able to defeat Muta, but victory cannot be your goal. Focus only on survival, and you may stand a chance."

Dusty seems a bit overwhelmed and says Japan is a crazy scene and he thinks he'll stick to the comforts of the south, baybeh.

Mortis vs El Hijo del Santo! Santo came out on fire, trying to get an early edge on his opponent. He hits some very nice chops and elbow strikes that push Mortis into the ropes, then hits the ropes himself to land a crossbody... but Mortis catches him and nails a backbreaker... and a second... AND A THIRD! Mortis slaps around a helpless Santo, taunting the audience as he hits more power moves. Things looks bleak as Mortis puts Santo in the Electric Chair position... BUT SANTO COUNTERS WITH A HURRICANRANA!

He scurries up the rope, hoping to steal a victory with the Tope de Cristo! But Mortis dodges and Santo's head meets the mat! Mortis rises, drags Santo up by his mask... and delivers a Scoop Brainbuster to Santo's already cracked cranium. Ventura calls the move a deadly improvement to the original Flatliner, and christens it the Dead On Arrival as Mortis gets the pinfall.

Backstage, Booker T talks to Giant. Booker tells his friend that after his match last week, he got hit by inspiration. He thinks he finally knows where the Yummy Mummy came from. "There's only one man who could have masterminded this whole thing! The man who sent the Yummy Mummy after me was-" THE MUMMY AMBUSHES THEM! He incredibly picks up Giant and Rainbombs him into a pile of heavy wooden crates, shattering them into kindling! With Giant out, Mummy goes for Booker, and Booker stays to protect his friend, delivering some nasty kicks... which are once again useless. Giant groggily yells at him to run, and Booker begrudgingly agrees. Mummy looms over Giant for a moment... then leaves him untouched before vanishing.

Psicosis and Perry Saturn vs two Local Jobbers. They still came out to Ciclope's theme, so maybe they expect him to return despite Malenko's humiliation. Either way, they fought hard and humiliated the two nobodies. Psicosis flipped out and did some typical great top rope maneuvers, but Saturn picked up the win with the Rings of Saturn. The jobber tapped out in seconds once the hold was locked in.

Returning from commercial, we find Hulk Hogan standing in the ring and it looks like he has something on his mind! "Now, lemme tell ya something, brother! There's something that's been bugging the Hulkster and it's about time that I address the situation! In my time on this Earth, I have defeated all comers, brother! Whether they are giants, savage men, children of nature, it doesn't matter to the Hulkster! All will fall before my mighty boot! And the fallout from my atomic leg drop will keep them down... forever! You see, brother, Hulkamania is runnin' wild and there's no stopping it! The Ultimate Lawyer, he thinks he can issue a cease and desist? He thinks that some legal mumbo-jumbo will stop the immortal one! NUH-UH, JACK! Hulkmania is above the law, brother! You can throw all the lawsuits and legal terms you want, dude, but Hulkamania is just gonna run wild all over yer kangaroo court!"

In response, The Ultimate Lawyer's music hits and he calmly makes his way to the ring! "Mr. Hogan, this is the sort of bluster that my clients have taken issue with. Your grandiose claims of defeating giants and gods are clearly untrue and my clients have requested that you call an end to this beha-"

"STUFF IT, JACK! THE HULKSTER IS IMMORTAL! HULKAMANIA IS IMMORTAL! HULK HOGAN. WILL. NOT. BE. DEFEATED! I see you running around WCW, playing Mr. Attorney-at-Law with yer suit and tie and that silly little briefcase of yours but I know you brother... I know what you were, I know what you are and I know what you will be... You will be just another fallen warrior at the hands of Hulkamania!"

Hogan seems to have gotten to Warrior, who has turned a bright shade of red. The two men get face-to-face and start talking trash... but Arn Anderson slides into the ring behind Warrior and blindsides him with his own briefcase! Warrior hits the ground and The Megabusters waste no time putting the boots to him! Once he's helpless, Hogan pulls Warrior up, and hands him to Arn for a monster Spinebuster! The Megabusters stand above the law!

The Great Muta (w/ Mitchell) vs Kid Rock Kid Rock still seems more than a little shaken from his conflict with DDP, and Great Muta is certainly not reassuring him. He timidly offers up an Indian Knuckle Lock to Muta, and Muta takes his hand... then headbutts him three times! Muta hits some nasty martial arts kicks to Kid's midsection, and the American Badass sends one back, showing Mitchell's Demon that he doesn't have a monopoly on kick offense. The hit seems to wound Muta a bit, so he changes tact and gets in close, locking up and hitting a dragon suplex! Kid tries to go for some high-flying attacks to get momentum back, but Muta uses sheer power to swat him out of the sky.

Desperate and angry, Kid gets back up and kicks Muta again... and Muta catches the leg and drags him into a Dragon Screw! But Kid rolls through hits him with a double stomp before he can stand! He keeps up his speed, jumping off the second rope to land a flying reverse elbow. Kid is feeling it now, and pulls Muta to his feet, looking for the Bullgod... but Muta shoves him away after his jump, causing him to land hard on his shoulder. Kid manages to sit up.... just in time to eat the Shining Wizard. Muta hooks the leg, 1...2...3. "

Muta again asks for a mic, which Mitchell gingerly provides. Muta has just four words to say. "WILD PEGASUS! FIGHT ME!" He departs and Mitchell follows, clearly not pleased by this situation.

Ron Simmons and Teddy Long head to the ring. They lead their limping subordinates who are carrying a table. Simmons explains he arranged the earlier match as a punishment for Nelson and Muhammad. He expected the White Man would excercise his full measue of brutality against them, and he was not disappointed. Still, the beating was not as bad as he expected, and that needs to be resolved. Nelson steps forward, Muhammad sets up the table... and Simmons puts Nelson through it with the Dominator! ""Now, Team X-Treme, through their Yacubian trickery, managed to steal victory from the Nation at Slamboree. But at the Great American Bash they will be put down for good.""

Simmons is surprisingly interrupted by Eric Bischoff's music. Elegant Eric is oblivious to Simmons' fury. "You know, I've felt for a while now that the constant attacks and interference and whatnot between Team X-treme and The Nation of Domination are really creating discord in the workplace. As part of the management staff, I've decided to help you resolve your conflicts, and naturally my solution is ingenious. See, the last time we saw this much tension between two teams it also involved Team X-Treme. And they hashed out their differences against The Flock with a stipulation that we now refer to as... Raven's Rules! It was so effective in burning out everyone's aggression, the two teams ended up settling their differences in a peaceful, orderly 8-man tag under strict WCW regulations! Talk about effective catharsis... which means 'getting out bad feelings,' in case you didn't know. So, with the Commissioner's permission, I've made your match at Great American Bach a Raven's Rules match! No need to thank me."

Before Simmons can respond, Eric's music hits again and he walks back out, waving at the crowd as he does so. The Nation leaves without another word.

Diamond Dallas Page and Alex Wright vs Los Guerreros (Chavo and Hector) The announce team tells us that the US and Cruiser Champions each requested a match tonight, and so were paired up to take on the Guerreros. Wright clearly does not trust Page since he knows Madusa is gunning for his title, so he elects to wrestle first. Chavo gives him everything he can handle, still wearing a chip on his shoulder from the humiliation he suffered at Raven's hands, and goes for combination offense, slingshotting off the ropes for big take down kicks and crossbodies then attaching with stretches and submission holds once Wright is on the mat. Wright is no fool though, he fights back with viscous striking offense, using the corners to trap Chavo before battering him with shoulder tackles and knee lifts. He goes for an early win and sets up a Jaeger Breaker... and it connects! 1...2... the ref sees Chavo's foot under the ropes! Perhaps Wright shouldn't use his finisher so close to the corner...

Wright sets Chavo up for another Jaeger Breaker... and gets a mule kick to the back of his knee for his trouble! Chavo drags himself to his corner, desperate to tag in Uncle Hector, while Wright gingerly limps to Page and begrudgingly tags him in. The US Champ squares off with the wily veteran, the two lock up, Hector goes around back looking for a Sleeper Hold to slow the champ down... AND DIAMOND CUTTER OUT OF NOWHERE! Page gives the crowd a BANG! and Ventura gets over that the Diamond Cutter may just be the deadliest, most unpredictable finishing move in all of wrestling as the US champ covers for the win.

King Steven Regal makes his way to the ring with words for the WCW audience. "An unforgivable insult has been dealt to your king, my subjects. The usurper to our throne, the false King Randy Savage, has deigned to ignore us. Savage believes that We are...a lesser threat. He heaps his attentions upon Bobby Heenan, and Rick Steiner, and SPITS IN THE KING'S FACE BY SAYING WE ARE A PATSY, A BUMP IN THE ROAD! ...Earlier this evening, the cretin Thrillseekers, unfit to even shine our royal boots, managed to find a brief moment of wisdom. Too long have I permitted barbarian filth to pillage my Kingdom. I am the King, and all the treasures of this world belong to me! The WCW Championship BELONGS TO ME! The thieves and rebels from the Great North and the Barb Wire City - Savage, Warrior, Hogan, all of them... WCW IS OUR WORLD, MONGRELS! You are no longer welcome here. So you have two choices: Do as Hennig has, and bow before us... or do as Savage will, and bleed!"

After Regal finishes he leans back in a corner, and the cameras pan over to show that the Turnertron has cut to a feed from Rick Rude's office! Ric Flair, Lex Luger and Sting are talking to the Commissioner. Flair says, "Rude, I don't wanna take anything away from those kids Cage and Storm. But after what we saw I don't know if they can beat The Outsiders." Rude rolls his eyes, demands to be addressed as Commissioner, and asks why that's his problem since all that matters is if the match makes money. Sting answers, "Well, I guess it's really not your problem. But not because you don't care. Because you're not really a commissioner."

Rude gets right in the Stinger's face and tells him to get out of his office. "Why? You gonna tell on me to your daddy Curt Hennig? I seem to recall you concocting a brilliant scheme to steal this job from him. You looked like quite an evil genius. Now he's probably got you fetching his laundry. Any time he asks you for anything you deliver it. You make any match he wants, and you let his boys treat WCW's titles like toys for his collection. No, you're no Commissioner, Rude. You're a lapdog."

Rude grabs a handful of Sting's jacket "You little punk. If my back weren't shot I'd... You really think you can come into my office, insult my authority, and I'll just let you brazenly manipulate me into giving you what you want because I'm pissed off at the Diamonds?" Rude pauses for a moment. "Well played. The team of Sting and Ric Flair are now part of a Triple Threat match for the Tag Team Championships." Luger's jaw drops, and he rails Rude for picking Flair over him. "The Nature Boy's the one who's so concerned for the future Luger. Besides, Hennig already put you in your place. But tell you what, I never did find an opponent for Regal in the main event. So get out to the ring and bring me some drat ratings!"

The Horsemen Theme plays Luger all the way from Rude's officer to the ring, where Regal is waiting!

Main Event! Lex Luger vs King Steven Regal!Luger goes full speed after Regal the second the bell is rung, hitting a flurry of punches, knocking His Highness silly. Regal falls back into the corner, which causes the referee to get involved and seperate the two. Regal takes advantage of this opening and goes after Luger, opting to put use his technical abilities to lock Luger down with holds. At first, Luger is able to use size and strength to break Regal’s grasp and deliver nasty shots, but Regal persists through sheer grit through the blows and finally traps Luger in a combination hammer/headlock. While Luger is helpless, Regal slaps him across the back of his head, trying to intensify his anger.

It’s successful, really too successful, as Luger explode out of Regal’s grasp and throws him towards the ropes, looking for a clothesline... but Regal ducks under and ties up Luger's arm, hitting a half-nelson suplex! Regal applies a sleeper hold to Luger to try and knock him out, but the Total Package fights through and lays a few elbows into Regal’s gut before hoisting him into a military press slam! Luger goes for the cover but Regal kicks out at 2. Luger responds with a few elbow drops and goes for the cover again but Regal once again breaks out at 2. Growing increasingly frustrated, Luger pulls Regal up and tosses him clear over the top rope! Luger follows Regal to the outside and begins slamming The King's head into the apron. Luger follows up with a clothesline but Regal dodges again, sending Luger crashing right into the guardrail! Regal rolls back into the ring and the referee reaches the count of 7 before Luger, still a bit dazed from his collision, clambers through the ropes... AND RIGHT INTO THE KNEE TREMBLER! Luger falls lifelessly through the ropes and to the mat. Regal pulls the dead weight of Luger’s body to the center of the ring and covers, 1...2...3! Regal beats Luger clean!

After the match, Curt Hennig and the Outsiders come out to praise their chosen champion for his dominant victory, all three being as sycophantic as possible in their compliments. Once Regal's ego is stroked enough, Hall pipes in and offers to help finish Luger off! All four heels start beating Luger... but Flair and Sting come out to make the save, and they've got equalizers... Baseball Bats! They tea off on the bad guys, striking big blows to the stomach and shoulders and lower back with their aluminum weapons, and all four retreat! They help Luger to his feet... but Luger shakes them both off. He stumbles back up the ramp alone and humiliated as the cameras fade out...

This was a solid show and I liked how the storylines are progressing, but the Main Event ended up being a little underwhelming honestly and it dragged it down. I'd give it a B-

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So out of curiosity, but is Mortis still Kurasawa/Manabu Nakanishi, or did you guys hire some one else to play him?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I kinda screwed up the poll; forgot to put Mankind/HBK (I had a good name for it too; Heartbroken! The Breakup of the Heartbreakers) and the Agree/Disagree stuff has been messed up the whole time, but I'd like to thank everyone for their various contributions so far!

Edit: That was also a good Nitro, I enjoyed reading it.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 8, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hardcore TV actually airs on Thursdays

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

So out of curiosity, but is Mortis still Kurasawa/Manabu Nakanishi, or did you guys hire some one else to play him?

Due to Space Time warping a few weeks back when Happy lost part of the save file, the steps we took to resign Manabu never happened and we lost his contract. To compensate us for this mistake, Happy allowed us to sign a Japanese free agent in his place. As luck would have it, Kensuke Sasaki was on the market after leaving NJPW, and we knew we had to pounce. Mortis' return story was quickly rewritten to bring in Hawk so we could reference the Hellraisers

The last spark that made the angle click for me was realizing Power Warrior had a primarily green color scheme. Thus, Mortis becomes Evil Power Warrior. Now the question is if the Good Guys can bring him back from the dark side

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Due to Space Time warping a few weeks back when Happy lost part of the save file, the steps we took to resign Manabu never happened and we lost his contract. To compensate us for this mistake, Happy allowed us to sign a Japanese free agent in his place. As luck would have it, Kensuke Sasaki was on the market after leaving NJPW, and we knew we had to pounce.

Which got me legit pissed because we were going to sign him and we had main event plans for him.

But it's cool, he can go job to The Shark in WCW's midcard.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shotgun posted:

Vic Venom and Scotty Bollea begin Shotgun, introducing themselves as the masters behind Immortal, the hottest new faction in the WWF. 3 Count is also there.

Stevie Ray vs Scotty Bollea, Stevie pins off the Drive-By Bicycle Kick

Stevie Ray promo, saying that in his match with Taz next week on Raw, he will act with honor. No dives will be taken, no punches will be pulled.

Doink, Tajiri, and Vampiro vs HOES and URSUS, Tajiri pins URSUS

Ted DiBiase pretape, hyping his clients:

"You know Goldust, the current WWF Champion, but Money Inc. is growing by the day! Why, I've got the Box Office Bossman, our network representative. I've got the Fucktrain, WWF title contender! You've heard enough about my newest signing, Kazuya Okada, but what about my Million Dollar Prospect, Steve Corino? He may not look like much now, but he's on his way to the top!"

"Mr. DiBiase, what about the Dudleyz?"

"What? They're not my hires! Goldust hired them months ago, and their contract with him ran out! I don't know why everyone seems to think they're my clients! I wouldn't touch those inbred trailer trash hicks with a ten foot pole!"

Okada defeats a jobber

Jimmy Hart hypes the LoV. "Ooh, baby, the tag team champions rack up defenses by the day! And Ken Shamrock is no slouch on his own, either! He'll get that King Of The Ring Crown if he has to break Jericho's leg for it!"

Tag Titles: LoV/Chris Candido and Jerry Lynn, LoV win

Bret Hart pretape, saying that he doesn't know what Austin has up his sleeve, but he's willing to take him on.

Austin defeats a jobber

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

IcePhoenix posted:

Hardcore TV actually airs on Thursdays

Well poo poo, no wonder we pull in a .01

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Gonna start running the shows in 30 minutes.

EDIT: WCW's show ain't booked completely.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 8, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Happyman posted:

Gonna start running the shows in 30 minutes.

EDIT: WCW's show ain't booked completely.

Sorry about that. The due date for the writeups were the 9th so I thought that was the next day for booking. Working on it now, shouldn't be much holdup.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

Holy poo poo.

That's all I gotta say... well that ain't true, but holy poo poo! ECW delivered on WWF's turf, Barb Wire City was kick rear end and their follow up show was off the chain! Drove out to philly to see it, I wasn't going to miss this. Strange that they where running the ECW Arena again but it doesn't matter (apart from the gas money I had to fork out).

When I got to my seat (back in the ECW Arena, not the Hammerstein for a change?) everyone around me was chanting "EDGE! EDGE! EDGE!" Man, last week he didn't seem like much of a star, but now he's all anyone's talking about. That new song on MTV, Bittersweet Symphony, started up on the PA. Fog machines blew on the ramp, and through the fog came Adam Copeland himself! Arms in the air, soaking in the cheers of the crowd. Now that we've seen what he can do it's like this guy and his huge jaw just knows how to be a megastar.

He came down the ramp like a triumphant emperor, sliding into the ring and climbing up onto the turnbuckles to keep the cheering going. "Don't use that name, 'cause I won't let what those guys up north did define who I am! I am Adam Copeland! And I _AM_ here for you!" Everyone was still going nuts!

"Last Sunday, I went WAYYYYY up north, with our tag champions The Pitbulls, "American Hero" Kurt Angle, and the Television Champion Brian Lee. Doesn't matter who won, because we did exactly what we wanted to do: We showed them exactly what we think of them! You know and I know that people like me, we're the future of professional wrestling."

"Now, I just want to finish my statement from before, when I was so rudely interrupted by a certain Canadian. As I was saying: If you want to see something other than 40-year-old drug-addled bodybuilding rejects with balls the size of raisins jerking each other off on television every Monday night to feed a demented millionaire's sexual frustrations... you've come to the right place. I'm never going back to that purple lump on my balls up north that they call--"

"Excuse me, Mr. Copeland..." Paul E. Dangerously was at the top of the ramp, and he didn't look happy! "If you'd like to close that business-ruining mouth of yours for just five minutes, I'd like to make an announcement about the status of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship that does, in fact, directly concern you." Booooooo. Adam Copeland wasn't sure what to make of that.

"Mr. Copeland, you have no idea how many business dealings of mine you destroyed in New York with that stunt of yours. I've got the MSG Network breathing down my neck, the Hammerstein wants nothing to do with me anymore! Future of wrestling, huh? What, you want a title shot? You think you _deserve_ an ECW title shot? You're lucky I don't fire you on the spot! But let me restrain my anger with your careless actions for the moment and get to the point."

"Last week at Barb Wire City, in the magnificent Hammerstein Ballroom (which you will all be seeing much less of, by the way, after what Mr. Copeland did over the weekend), The Franchise Shane Douglas ended the ECW career of the illustrious Terry Funk in a fantastic Texas Death Match, which you can all see on ECW Home Video for only $19.99. Unfortunately, Shane Douglas' knee was badly injured in that match, and he will be unable to compete for some time.

"Therefore, we will be holding a tournament this month to find a #1 contender for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, a tournament like nobody has ever seen before, and you're taking part in it, Mr. Copeland. We're starting it off tonight, with a Reverse Battle Royal! Twenty men start outside the ring, and all you have to do to advance to the next stage of the tournament is be one of the first five people to get into the ring! Those five competitors will then have a standard battle royal to seed themselves for the next phase. Easy, isn't it?

"After that, the top five will be competing in a sort of gauntlet over the next few weeks. The #5 will have to beat the #4, with the winner facing the #3, and so on. There's... just one, small, tiny thing left to talk about."

Born in the USA played over the PA... and Kurt Angle was standing next to Paul E! "Kurt Angle will not be appearing in the reverse battle royal. After... delicate negotiations... it has been determined that the winner of the gauntlet will face Kurt Angle for the #1 contendership at our next pay-per-view!" Angle was beaming like he's already won the title, Paul E. looked afraid of him. "So, if you win the reverse battle royale, and if you win the gauntlet, you're still going to have to go through Kurt Angle to get your title shot. And I think we've all seen what Kurt Angle is capable of." Paul E. laughed as he headed backstage with Kurt Angle.

"Oh, wait." Paul E. stopped and turned back around. "If you ever use those three letters, and you know what they are, on my television program, you're fired on the spot."

---

Now here's a guy we don't see too often, it's Lance Diamond. I don't know too much about him other than I heard he could have been a professional baseball player but he decided to be a wrestler instead. It's going to be Lance Diamond against Billy Kidman.

Lance Diamond started out strong against the much smaller Kidman, throwing him around like a rag doll with suplexes and tosses... until Kidman managed to wriggle his way out of one and nail him in the face with a drop kick! Now Kidman was unleashing a flurry of offense against Diamond. He got behind Diamond and dropkicked him over the top rope and onto the floor. Diamond got up just in time to see Kidman flying over the top rope and land a crossbody right on top of him!

Lance Diamond tossed the tiny Kidman off of him. He got up and broke up Kidman's offense with a kick to the stomach and grabbed Kidman, pulling him into powerbomb position! He got Kidman up but Kidman reversed it into a huracanrana, sending Diamond head-first into the ring post! Kidman shoved Diamond into the ring, but he caught the referee with his leg and knocked him down. Someone took this opportunity to jump the rail! It's Al Snow!

Al Snow was beating down Billy Kidman! He picked Kidman up and gave him a brainbuster on the concrete! He's out! Snow tosssed Kidman into the ring. Diamond was aware enough to make the cover, and the referee groggily counted 1, 2, 3. Diamond rolled out of the ring and stumbled up the ramp, while Al Snow got into the ring and continued the beatdown!

Al Snow beat Billy Kidman down to the mat once more. Just like he did with his partner Tommy Dreamer, Snow kicked Kidman's back and got him into the Dragon Sleeper! But look at that, out from under the ring came Tommy Dreamer! He was waiting to trap Al Snow!

Dreamer pulled Al Snow off of Kidman and tossed him away with a fallaway slam. Kidman was too beat up to follow it up himself, so Dreamer picked up the temporarily stunned Snow into a fireman's carry... and gave him a Death Valley Driver! He was laid out, giving Dreamer time to help Kidman out of the ring. Dreamer turned around when he was out of the ring to make sure Snow was down... but he just sat up like nothing was wrong! Dreamer picked up the injured Kidman and carried him up the ramp before Snow could regain his bearings.

---

The lights in the arena all turned blue... we all knew what that meant! Someone threw a piggy bank out from the curtain.

The porcelain broke!

The Blue Man Power Trip came through the curtain. The Blue Meanie rushed to the ring to give the double thumbs up on the turnbuckle with a mic in one hand. Super Nova's signature mullet was bleached blonde with a gallon of hairspray in it as he carried a giant plastic crayon to the ring. Mikey Whipwreck was looking a bit cagey as he spat blue colored water up in the air.

"Now, you good people might be asking, why's Nova got a big crayon? Cause we're gonna write ourselves in the history books! Who writes the history books? The winners, that's who!" Nova threw the crayon down and... I don't know, either was disorienting it with a gator roll or dry humping it, I couldn't tell. He, uh, held it down and Mikey gave it an elbow drop. "And we're winners! All three of us are in that reverse battle royal tonight, and we know you guys have got our backs. The three of us, we're unstoppable! Little Mikey Whipwreck started off in the ring crew and now he's a former ECW champion! Everyone knows for sure that he's gonna be in the top 5 of that battle royal tonight! Maybe we'll all be in the top 3! Can I get a heck yes?" Heck yes!

"That's why, on behalf of Mikey Whipwreck, the Blue Man Power Trip challenges anyone who thinks they can take his spot in the battle royal to a match!" Mikey looked at Meanie like 'What?' but Meanie was reassuring him. "You can take anyone, Mikey! And we'll be here to back you up, but don't tell anyone (ssssh)." Meanie didn't notice he said that into the mic, apparently. "So if anyone back there has the CAJONES to come out here, you better get ready for the toughest match of your whole danged life!"

Looks like someone was answering his challenge because the lights went out again, except for one spotlight pointed at the ramp.

"Hello... ladies!"

A guy was up at the top of the ramp with Jenna Jameson! He had long hair, and he was wearing nothing but a white towel around his waist? Is he going to wrestle in that? Jenna Jameson had a microphone. "You'll take on anyone, you said? Well, let me introduce my good friend to ECW. I met him on a shoot down on Cozumel, and he's one of the toughest... and hottest... guys I've ever met, but don't tell my boyfriend I told you that. He's Val Venis and he's ready to take you on for that spot."

Meanie clapped Mikey on the back and was hyping him up in the corner. "We're ready for you! Bring it on!"

Val Venis versus Mikey Whipwreck.

Val Venis brought it right to Mikey Whipwreck, forgoing the traditional collar-and-elbow to start out with forearms and elbows that knocked Mikey right back into the corner! Meanie and Nova were helpfully cheering Mikey on, but that didn't count for much as the charismatic Venis hopped onto the middle rope and let the crowd count out ten punches in the corner followed by a swinging neckbreaker! Mikey was down and Venis went for the cover, but he kicked out at 2!

Val went quickly back on the attack, going to work on Mikey Whipwreck with some powerful mat holds that you don't see very often (I asked around and they said he's worked all over the world) that had Mikey howling and the crowd fully behind him. Mikey managed to make it to the ropes and outside to force Venis to give him a rest. Val started posing in the ring. Jenna tossed him a chair and he started doing some dancing with Jenna on the chair while Mikey and the Power Trip were conversing outside.

The Power Trip broke their huddle, Meanie yelling something to Val Venis to get his attention. Val totally ignored him, then Meanie started doing crotch chops at Jenna! Val Venis yelled at Meanie, getting into it with him from the ropes and threatening him with the chair. Meanwhile, Mikey Whipwreck was sneaking up on him! Jenna yelled for Val as Mikey springboarded onto the top rope from the apron and flew at Val Venis!

Val turned around just in time, catching Mikey Whipwreck and planting him with a sick spinning spinebuster! (The announcers called it the Ron Pollenator.) Val grabbed Mikey's legs and wrapped them up, falling into a reverse figure four! Mikey had no choice but to tap out. The action was good, but Jenna and Val weren't doing much in the way of heeling together.

---

At last, it's time for the glorious clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks: The Reverse Battle Royal! Once five people have entered the ring, they are officially bound for glory. They participate in a 5-man battle royal where the order of eliminations determines the seeding in the gauntlet matches coming up this month.

I'm pretty sure just about everyone in the ECW roster was in this thing. My boy New Jack took part (got to listen to his theme, sweet!), even guys I've never seen before and couldn't even tell you their names, even some ECW debuts. I couldn't keep up with much of the action, but I think I got all the important spots. There was one new guy you'll get to know though: An awesome Japanese wrestler named Masato Tanaka.

The bell rang and the chaos began! A massive brawl erupted as the almost the ECW roster was trying to make it into that ring! Sandman had a beer in one hand and his cane in the other hand as he tried to shove past the Pitbulls with Francine cheering them on. Billy Kidman hopped onto the guardrail and tried to leap past everyone but got caught and planted by Al Snow! The Blue Meanie was trying to enforce order while Super Nova was trying to push him toward the ring like a bulldozer.

Brian Lee was focusing in on Adam Copeland from the very start. Lee didn't so much want to get in as keep Copeland out! It was like a football line, Lee's massive physique keeping the middleweight Adam Copeland out of the ring any way possible. Everyone was staying clear of the two of them, letting them battle it out. Lee backed Copeland up against the guardrail, then went for the running clothesline to send him over into the crowd! Copeland scrambled to his feet as Lee stepped over the guardrail... and the furious Copeland charged and speared him right through the guardrail section! Oh my God! The two of them were totally laid out and there was no way either one was going to make it into that ring.

New Jack figured out a good way to get in though. He had come prepared with a chair wrapped in barbed wire! He was just swinging it wildly to clear his drat path! He nailed D'Lo with it, he nailed Jimmy Del Ray with it! Nobody would go loving near that psycho. New Jack was the first one into the ring.

Francine tossed her chain into the ring and holy poo poo, Pitbull A flapjacked Sandman! Sandman crashed to the concrete, beer flying everywhere. Pitbull #1 held Sandman down while Pitbull A jumped into the ring and grabbed the chain. Pitbull #1 jumped to his feet, gave Sandman a double foot stomp, and followed Pitbull A into the ring, so the Pitbulls are the second and third entrants in the Match Beyond! Sandman spent the rest of the battle royal trying to get to his feet.

Following that mess, Flash N' Kash had found a weak spot and were about to climb into the ring, having made it past PG-13 and Sandman in the carnage... but Tanaka ran up behind them and laid them out with a DOUBLE LARIATTO! Tanaka springboarded himself into the ring, making him the next one in the Match Beyond!

Tommy Dreamer was about to get into the ring, but he saw Al Snow still beating down Billy Kidman. He got down and rushed back to help Kidman! He gave Al Snow a clothesline. Al Snow was still messed up from earlier and so Kidman and Dreamer were beating him down handily. Dreamer hefted the down and out Al Snow onto his shoulders. Kidman climbed onto the guardrail, fans holding it steady. Kidman leaped at Al Snow and landed a nasty Doomsday Device! But Kidman grabbed his shoulder when he landed! He waved off Dreamer, telling him to get into the ring and secure his place. Dreamer told Kidman to get away from Snow and got into the ring just after Masato Tanaka.

And now: The Match Beyond! A five-way battle royal between the Pitbulls, Masato Tanaka, Tommy Dreamer, and New Jack. New Jack was still armed with his barbed wire chair and was swinging it at everybody. Dreamer ducked it, Tanaka leaped out of the way and gave New Jack a LARIATTO to disarm him. Dreamer got New Jack onto his shoulders but Pitbull A knocked him down before he could reach the ropes.

The Pitbulls were working together pretty well. Pitbull 1 was choking Dreamer with the chain, seeing the frequent main eventer as the biggest threat in the gauntlet. Dreamer, beat up from tangling with Al Snow twice earlier, was the first one thrown out as he just couldn't stand up to the Pitbulls' double teaming.

New Jack shook Tanaka's hand, deciding to work together against the Pitbulls. If they got them out, they could fight over #1 and #2, after all. New Jack picked up the barbed wire chair again and swung it at Pitbull A! He ducked it and backed right into Tanaka, who gave the massive Pitbull some kind of awesome belly-to-back suplex powerbomb thing (announced as the DANGAN BOMB)! Pitbull #1 was enraged, charging at New Jack. New Jack tossed the chair to Tanaka before eating a shoulder tackle. Pitbull #1 forced New Jack to the top rope while Tanaka brawled with Pitbull A. Pitbull #1 gave New Jack a sick Superbomb off the top! He picked up New Jack and threw him out like an old newspaper, making him the #4 seed.

It was down to just the Pitbulls and their chain vs. Tanaka and a barbed-wire chair! The Pitbulls circled around Tanaka like, well, pit bulls. Pitbull #1 rushed him and ate a chairshot. Pitbull A snuck up behind him and was choking him with the chain! Tanaka struggled, then whacked him right in the head with a blind chairshot, but lost his grip and the chair went flying. Tanaka got away from the Pitbulls and came off the ropes, flying at Pitbull A and planting him with a tornado DDT! Pitbull #1 ran right at Tanaka, but Tanaka used his speed to jump out of the way and hold the top rope so the dumb brute ran right out of the ring and into the #3 seeding!

Finally, only Pitbull A and Masato Tanaka remained. Pitbull A was 6'2 and easily 250 pounds of "natural" muscle, Tanaka probably isn't even 6' or 200 pounds so he was at a pretty good disadvantage. He'd lost the chair out of the ring but Pitbull A had also lost the chain. Despite the size disadvantage, Tanaka still offered Pitbull A a lockup. Tanaka was deceptively strong and fast, managing to get the huge Pitbull to the mat! Not just that, but into a surfboard hold too! You don't see that too often against a guy that huge!

He released it and Pitbull A started giving him strong forearm shots and elbows once he got up to get him off balance. Pitbull A caught him off guard and got him up for a vertical suplex... WHICH TANAKA REVERSED INTO A FANTASTIC STUNNER! I've never seen that before! Pitbull A was down and in pain! Tanaka picked the giant Pitbull up onto his shoulders and threw him out of the ring like he's Andre! Masato Tanaka is your #1 seed and Pitbull A is your #2 seed!

Man that match was the best kind of insanity, it ruled! The whole show ruled! ECW rules! Giving this show a (E-)C(DUB)!

I strongly suggest you listen to the loop of Natural Born Killaz for the entire main just to complete the experience.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 9, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Edge is a loving star baby, I love it. Seeing Val Venis is bittersweet for me because he was one of the last talents I really wanted we hadn't picked up yet, and I had something important I wanted to try with him. #1 Contenders tournament should be great, for several reasons.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Happy, I'm back part time. I'm ready for more :wcw:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

solid show, ECW. I really dug it!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWF I hope you are taking my last few suggestions to heart and relayed those ideas to ECW.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Everybody click on Val's theme.

Here I'll make it easier for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geE5BLjrdds

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

IcePhoenix posted:

Raw is on HBO, ECW should be on Cinemax.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

:laffo: That song is a goon classic. I need to play SS13 now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Should have been https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTCUtoQRDA

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Hey, third time's the charm...and to be fair the second time I tried to join again, it kinda died. I read WCW needs help?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

NutritiousSnack posted:

Hey, third time's the charm...and to be fair the second time I tried to join again, it kinda died. I read WCW needs help?

While WCW only has three consistently active team members right now and only two of them do the writeups, we do have another four people who contribute on a part time basis to ideas and management decisions and other non-writing stuff, and have expressed interest in returning to a more full-time schedule. As much as I always love more people, the other teams have a greater need.

I know ECW has one open slot on their team. I don't know how many people altogether are on WWFs staff though, I know they have three full-timers just like we do based on the chat we had a couple pages back, but I don't know how many (if any) other part timers they have around helping out. Either way, they need the extra man more.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I know ECW has one open slot on their team. I don't know how many people altogether are on WWFs staff though, I know they have three full-timers just like we do based on the chat we had a couple pages back, but I don't know how many (if any) other part timers they have around helping out. Either way, they need the extra man more.

Not anymore, Edge's getaway driver was a WWF writer and we're at 4 people again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We are currently four strong, just of people who have either been in the chat or made any form of edit onto the doc since 11/1.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

AfterFather posted:

:laffo: That song is a goon classic. I need to play SS13 now.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ECW is the only company that actively doesn't try to abuse the rip in the space time continuum so we only use songs that have already been released by that point in game...

We just managed to get a copy of Bittersweet Symphony a couple of weeks early :v:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So when is Prograps Unlimited running with the ratings info and the hottest goss?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

ECW is the only company that actively doesn't try to abuse the rip in the space time continuum so we only use songs that have already been released by that point in game...

WCW has been really careful not to do that. Exceptions were made for wrestler themes that sounded better in the future and royalty free tunes.

Except for Yummy Mummy. I argued against that but was shot down.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

WCW has been really careful not to do that. Exceptions were made for wrestler themes that sounded better in the future and royalty free tunes.

Except for Yummy Mummy. I argued against that but was shot down.

WCW had a whole angle about wrestlers wrestling as future selves and some are using moves they didn't use until the future. Also that whole GCW cross over thing sure flopped it seems.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

WCW had a whole angle about wrestlers wrestling as future selves and some are using moves they didn't use until the future. Also that whole GCW cross over thing sure flopped it seems.

Happyman completely forgot to send Skunk to Goon Championship Wrestling.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

We did our part, still waiting on Noid to do his (which he can't because there's like 50 people that need to debut first)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

Skunk oversold our commitment to it, but I actually do care about timeline poo poo. I've whined and bitched several times when it comes to entrance music and other things that I want to remain period accurate. Even songs that we've borrowed from the future (the Flawless Diamonds theme and Regal's theme being the biggest ones I think) I made certain that the band existed by the current date so we could justify that they just wrote it early because WCW contracted them to make a theme for us.

Moves I care less about being period accurate because there's no reason a wrestler couldn't have come up with it or adopted it at any given time. But I do generally require that if a new move is introduced, especially if it's one they would adopt later in life, there's some justification for it. Sting invented the Scorpion Death Drop as a desperation move when he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. Benoit came up with the Inverted Scorpion Death Lock aka The Wolverine Death Lock (or as it was in real life, the Inverted Sharpshooter aka The Edge-ucator) to show his technical expertise and counter a custom-built strategy to defeat him. The Big Show and Booker T stuff was the furthest we've gone with that, and even then it is kayfabe justifiable their future differences, hair, gear, music, moves, references, etc, were all just stuff the writers invented, just like any good Dark Future storyline.

I won't say we're as perfectly period accurate as ECW, but we try our best and always justify it when we fail, and I appreciate and bow before your superior commitment.

Meanwhile at WWF, Chris Jericho did a Canadian Destroyer one time. That was weird.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

WTB expert in mid 90s buttmetal for wrestler themes

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Meanwhile at WWF, Chris Jericho did a Canadian Destroyer one time. That was weird.

He's only done it twice, once to win the tag team titles and once against the Undertaker.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

I Before E posted:

Happyman completely forgot to send Skunk to Goon Championship Wrestling.

I got no instructions on how to manage that challenge. Assumed JR had already sent the people to GCW.

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 46!

Ratings Update: ECW Barb Wire City pulled in 28.100 PPV buys. WWF In Your House 16 pulled in 347.000 pay-per-view buys, which makes it the most profitable In Your House event in history. The post-PPV Raw pulled in 3,49 Nielsen (-0.07), while Nitro continued their winning streak with 3.64 (-0.26)

King Cobra: Jerry Lawler's segment on Raw was originally intended for Jake "The Snake" Roberts. However, Roberts turned down the offer to make a return.

An Edge On The Competition: A member of WWF creative left the company recently. citing burnout. However, sources say he was backstage at the last Hardcore TV taping in Philadelphia. If the jump is connected to the hijacking of In Your House 16's main event, it's possible that Adam Copeland had an insider helping him out after all.

Trimming the Fat: Both of the Big Two made some major roster cuts this week. WCW released Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Jerry Saggs, Brian Knobbs, Hugh Morrus, Nancy Sullivan and Evad Sullivan. WWF released Jerry Lynn, Tatanka, King Kong Bundy, Mr. Godwinn and Sable. Expect to see a few more people get cut once they have been written off TV. ECW also did a little cleaning out, releasing Andrew Martin, Vito LoGrasso and Bull Pain.

Barber Avoids Trim: During the aforementioned roster cuts, Brutus Briefcase (Ed Leslie) was apparently also on the chopping block, but was saved by Hulk Hogan pulling some strings backstage. Kevin Sullivan, however, was not able to stop management from firing his wife Nancy - likely because Mr. Sullivan is on his way out as well.

Loose Animal: News has also been broken to us that Road Warrior Animal, who has taken on the Ultimate Warrior gimmick in WWF, is on his way out of the company. This could be an opportunity for WCW to reunite the Road Warriors. However, WCW management is said to still be unhappy with Animal after he struck a fan before a show last year, so Animal's future is uncertain.

---

Check back for the biggest news of the Monday Night War and more!

---

Thanks to RKOrton again for help with the titles.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 10, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Happyman posted:

I got no instructions on how to manage that challenge. Assumed JR had already sent the people to GCW.

No, buuuut... if it's possible I think having one member of each writing team working with developmental would be cool.

Might go into the realm of too complex though.

I just do all of the write-ups for developmental for now. :v:

Edit: oh you mean Goon, not Georgia. Sorry. I got confused.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 10, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skunkrocker posted:

No, buuuut... if it's possible I think having one member of each writing team working with developmental would be cool.

Might go into the realm of too complex though.

I just do all of the write-ups for developmental for now. :v:

GCW is Goon Championship Wrestling

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You can't take on ownership / booking of a developmental fed. You could have somebody take control of a small fed and use trade agreements to make it a de facto developmental fed, but I imagine sending and recalling might be restricted by contract in that case. It would also be more work for Happyman, though less so if it were a touring company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can't take on ownership / booking of a developmental fed. You could have somebody take control of a small fed and use trade agreements to make it a de facto developmental fed, but I imagine sending and recalling might be restricted by contract in that case.

Don't remind me. The fact that the Goldberg vs GCW Champ Gangrel feud will be played out in some kind of dark game mechanic alchemy of high school gym house shows is depressing.

I wonder what WWF's developmental is up to, last time Skunk did a writeup for a GCW show the other team followed suit.

• Locked thread