Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

What if an episode is called "This is the one where we find out who killed Sara" and the guest star is The Murder-o-tron, played by Jim Caviezel?

Then I'll probably fall asleep watching that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

LorneReams posted:

Since I'm gay for Hamill's Joker, and I learned that this chacater is what he refined into that, I can't help but be excited.

Do you think Hamill will play him as Joker-lite?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The Arrowverse is starting to sound like a post Flashpoint universe that originated from the original Flash tv show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Krad posted:

The Arrowverse is starting to sound like a post Flashpoint universe that originated from the original Flash tv show.

There was a time when we would have said "post-Crisis"...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DoctorWhat posted:

There was a time when we would have said "post-Crisis"...

There was a time when we would have said "Post-Zero Hou... hahahaha. Sorry I can't finish that one.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Habibi posted:

May the speed force be with you, always.

OP endorses this thread title.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

hiddenriverninja posted:

I could see "What was that guy called? The Prankster? The Joker? No wait, Trickster!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Prankster has Superman, Green Arrow has the Funny Man(character design based on Gallagher, has a mallet), Wonder Woman has the Janet Japes, Green Lantern has Clown starrrr (a red lantern), Aquaman has Fishteller, Constantine has GhoulGaffe, The Atom has the Laughinator, etc. They all have one.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rhyno posted:

Oh I forgot about something horrible that happened at work on Saturday. A customer told me he's upset that he can't watch the Flash because IRIS ISN'T BLACK IN THE COMICS AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RUINS EVERYTHING.

I tried to run but he trapped me in some sort of gravity well where I couldn't escape his ignorance and racism.

It kinda makes me laugh at the absurdity when a racist sees another white person and thinks "yeah, that stranger will totally be a sympathetic ear to all my stupid poo poo".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We have it here too... it's just different.

Indians, Muslims, Africans and Aboriginals are the usual targets. I fired a guy for being racist.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope he doesn't try doing the Joker voice, apparently it hurts him now to do it :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Deadpool posted:

Let's put it this way, if they announced that Superman was appearing in the finale that wouldn't be a spoiler either. That's about as extreme of a case as I can give.

But he's already cast in arrow :confused:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

greatn posted:

Prankster has Superman, Green Arrow has the Funny Man(character design based on Gallagher, has a mallet), Wonder Woman has the Janet Japes, Green Lantern has Clown starrrr (a red lantern), Aquaman has Fishteller, Constantine has GhoulGaffe, The Atom has the Laughinator, etc. They all have one.

I thought superman's would be mxyzptlk?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LorneReams posted:

I thought superman's would be mxyzptlk?

Prankster is actually a real character and is a Superman villain. The others are all made up by greatn.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Gaz-L posted:

Prankster is actually a real character and is a Superman villain. The others are all made up by greatn.

It's a testament to comic book writing that I didn't think to question any of that post.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Deadpool posted:

If someone were to go in the Arrow thread and say "Tommy Merlyn is resurrected and returns in episode 20!" that would be a spoiler.

I hate you for even making me think about this possibility. :smith:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Spergatory posted:

I hate you for even making me think about this possibility. :smith:

Well, where's there's a ra's al ghul there's a lazarus pit.

After Flash establishing the existence of metahumans I could see them working in more supernatural things into Arrow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

I could see "What was that guy called? The Prankster? The Joker? No wait, Trickster!"

Trickster will definitely name himself and probably has a wardrobe full of old costumes including those of previous incarnations

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

nutranurse posted:

After Flash establishing the existence of metahumans I could see them working in more supernatural things into Arrow.

Tommy Merlyn: Heir to the Demon :smith:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hamill is a big casting coup for the show, even before the whole "Luke Skywalker returns to Star Wars" business.

More crucially, Hamill is a drat fine actor. Can't wait.

Also...

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm holding out for this guy, myself.

That was from the week the Flash premiered. :)

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Xelkelvos posted:

Trickster will definitely name himself and probably has a wardrobe full of old costumes including those of previous incarnations

Even on Flash, though, I can't imagine a Trickster character who isn't mostly the Joker. In at least kind of a "darkly funny" or "totally crazy" kind of way.

It simply makes too much sense to position the character as a criminal nihilist whose villainy involves humor as a morbid cap placed atop violent crimes. If he's just innocuously zany, he barely makes sense as a villain who Barry needs to stop.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xealot posted:

Even on Flash, though, I can't imagine a Trickster character who isn't mostly the Joker. In at least kind of a "darkly funny" or "totally crazy" kind of way.

It simply makes too much sense to position the character as a criminal nihilist whose villainy involves humor as a morbid cap placed atop violent crimes. If he's just innocuously zany, he barely makes sense as a villain who Barry needs to stop.

It could make a light, comedic episode, if the guy only pranks the Flash, and Barry wants to find him not because he's a menace, but because slamming into walls because someone put ball bearings down is annoying.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Xealot posted:

please watch Flash and Substance ASAP, tia.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Trickster is going to be helping team Flash

The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original 'Flash' on the CBS version.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

nutranurse posted:

Flash can go the super-science route, Arrow should get all the magic stuff (write in Zatanna)

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Xealot posted:

Let's hope the producers disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The one good thing I can see about having Mark Hamill be on the show is that we'll finally have a villain episode involving more story/character and lore than perhaps fighting.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The whole episode will revolve around Barry trying to find Trickster's misplaced medication.

I wouldn't have too many complaints about that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Given how much not only time travel, but also alternate universes play an important role in Flash, I wouldn't say that an appearance by Jay Garrick is completely out of the question.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh I forgot about something horrible that happened at work on Saturday. A customer told me he's upset that he can't watch the Flash because IRIS ISN'T BLACK IN THE COMICS AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RUINS EVERYTHING.

I tried to run but he trapped me in some sort of gravity well where I couldn't escape his ignorance and racism.

I don't think it has anything to do with affirmative action, but it does also bother me a little when writers don't preserve the canonical ethnicity of characters. If they cast a white girl as Linda Park, that will bother me too. She's Asian in the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's an alternate universe.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Flash can go the super-science route, Arrow should get all the magic stuff (write in Zatanna)

That would be great, i'd like to know how much of the DCU magic based stuff is reserved for Constantine. Seriously, a Zatanna based show would be a better 3rd show for their triumvirate than Supergirl.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

enraged_camel posted:

I don't think it has anything to do with affirmative action, but it does also bother me a little when writers don't preserve the canonical ethnicity of characters. If they cast a white girl as Linda Park, that will bother me too. She's Asian in the comics.

Unless their ethnicity has something specific to do with their character, I don't see what the big deal is.

I was okay other Ben Kingsley playing the Mandarin. Hemdial being a black viking in Thor only got a cursory glance.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Unless their ethnicity has something specific to do with their character, I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not a big deal. That's why I said it bothers me a little.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

On one hand, Linda Park's race probably shouldn't matter, especially since this show's been halfway decent about diversity already; on the other, adding another cute white girl to the ranks of Felicity and Caitlin as future potential love interests for Barry is at least a little low-effort.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enraged_camel posted:

Are you also mad that Barry isn't blonde?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rarity posted:

Are you also mad that Barry isn't blonde?

No, but I did notice that he isn't black or Asian. So the producers clearly drew the line somewhere. It seems to be an alternate universe where only supporting characters are allowed to be a different race than their canonical counterparts.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I remember the hissy fits when Daniel Craig was cast as Bond.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

No, but I did notice that he isn't black or Asian. So the producers clearly drew the line somewhere. It seems to be an alternate universe where only supporting characters are allowed to be a different race than their canonical counterparts.

Yeah, that seems most likely.

You know what they say, Occam's swiss army knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, that seems most likely.

You know what they say, Occam's swiss army knife.

Let's talk again after DC casts a black or Asian guy as Batman or Superman.

• Locked thread