Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Whizbang posted:

Could we maybe not post that same picture every other page?

in the future, we should just put it in the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's actually from the Injustice comic, so it's an alternate universe.

It's been called the Arrow Cave in the comics since forever.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

:colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's been called the Arrow Cave in the comics since forever.

He doesn't even have a cave anymore.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aphrodite posted:

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CAVE!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

M_Gargantua posted:

So I saw a thing. Emily Bett Rickards in a bathtub in vegas answering fan questions? I couldn't tell if she was drunk or if she's just that ridiculous in her regular life.

But she posed questions back to her fans at the end. One of which was "Who would win a slam poetry competion?". I might love her a little bit now.

I have the biggest crush on Emily Bett Rickards and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

sbaldrick posted:

Hell, I have the biggest crush on the combined casts of both Arrow and Flash and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

sbaldrick posted:

What a contravertial statement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Doesn't change the fact that it was called that for 50+ years.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

Injustice is my new canon

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Deadpool posted:

Greg Berlanti.

On Arrow, even the showrunners have abs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hcreight posted:

On Arrow, even the showrunners have abs.

Marc Guggenheim will be shocked to hear this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Geoff Johns was kind of pudgy at C2E2.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD FROM THE MIDSEASON FINALE:siren:
Apparently here's a look at the ATOM exosuit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scyantific posted:

HOLY CRAP :suspense:

That suit is also reminicent of his N52 gear

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Scyantific posted:

That is likely not the final look, as it is lifted directly from a fallout 3 model. Like, no bones about it -- it's this.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Scyantific posted:

!!!

Kind of wish I waited for broadcast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

NmareBfly posted:

That is likely not the final look, as it is lifted directly from a fallout 3 model. Like, no bones about it -- it's this.

Yeah, that's pretty much an exact copy. So my guess is that it's an ad they made for some other country and didn't have the final thing ready so they just threw something in. Marketing is the best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dat spoiler :derp:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

Surprise, Arrow is actually in the Fallout universe!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Codependent Poster posted:

Surprise, Arrow is actually in the Fallout universe!

Arrow... Arrow never changes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Dat spoiler :derp:

Calling it, the DNA was planted, so Oliver would either be framed for the crime/be outed as the Arrow, or he'd come to Nanda Parbat (and presumably take his shirt off and duel Ra's. Because reasons.)

enraged_camel posted:

Arrow... Arrow never changes.
But this is incorrect! Arrow... has changed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

Calling it, the DNA was planted, so Oliver would either be framed for the crime/be outed as the Arrow, or he'd come to Nanda Parbat (and presumably take his shirt off and duel Ra's. Because reasons.)

It's an imperfect reconstruction of Partial DNA. Still sticking to my Thea theory until they show the exact name and face of the killer and/or Thea at that exact moment in Corto Maltese

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Senerio posted:

It's an imperfect reconstruction of Partial DNA. Still sticking to my Thea theory until they show the exact name and face of the killer and/or Thea at that exact moment in Corto Maltese

What motivation would Thea have for murdering Sara?

The LoA planting the DNA to frame Arrow makes more sense, especially considering he was declared an enemy of the league very recently.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

enraged_camel posted:

Under her father's orders to set up this exact match-up of the two people both who want him deader than dead and are able to do it. She still doesn't know it's Oliver she framed.

Also the DNA is from the night of The Canary's murder. Ra's Al Ghul has literally ZERO motivation to want to kill some random schmuck.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

enraged_camel posted:

The LoA planting the DNA to frame Arrow makes more sense, especially considering he was declared an enemy of the league very recently.

The League planting evidence against Arrow when it's only Arrow who's looking at the evidence is pretty loving dumb, to be honest. That's a fanwank theory that holds zero water.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
What I am really looking forward to is that the more prominent presence of the league opens up the possibility of a lot of league associated characters showing up. Mostly Cheshire,so we can eventually get Lian.

e X fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 8, 2014

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Also, maybe it's just me, but this show has way too many bow-and-arrow characters. Ollie, Malcolm, Cupid, Komodo, Neesa, Roy, the LoA foot-soldiers, etc. And Amanda Wallers suggests there's about twenty criminals on her list that use bow and arrow. I feel like it's starting to hurt the show at this point.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Drifter posted:

The League planting evidence against Arrow when it's only Arrow who's looking at the evidence is pretty loving dumb, to be honest. That's a fanwank theory that holds zero water.

What do you mean? They could make the DNA evidence appear in the police database to frame Arrow.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

enraged_camel posted:

Also, maybe it's just me, but this show has way too many bow-and-arrow characters. Ollie, Malcolm, Cupid, Komodo, Neesa, Roy, the LoA foot-soldiers, etc. And Amanda Wallers suggests there's about twenty criminals on her list that use bow and arrow. I feel like it's starting to hurt the show at this point.

The League are said to be totally archaic, which covers Malcolm and Nyssa too. Oliver trained Roy, and Cupid took HER inspiration from The Arrow. Komodo existed to be a Red Herring for Sara's killer.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

You do know you're watching a show called Arrow, right?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Senerio posted:

Also the DNA is from the night of The Canary's murder. Ra's Al Ghul has literally ZERO motivation to want to kill some random schmuck.

Sara isn't just some random schmuck, though. She's a (former) traitor to the League and someone her daughter is strongly romantically engaged with. That's all the motivation Ra's could ever need.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Senerio posted:

By random schmuck you mean the woman his daughter and heir was in love with that he completely disapproves of and never thought of as a real member of the league? That's hardly "literally ZERO" motivation. I wouldn't really be surprised by the murderer being anyone at this point.

\/\/ Yeah fair enough.

VDay fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 8, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

King of Solomon posted:

Sara isn't just some random schmuck, though. She's a (former) traitor to the League and someone her daughter is strongly romantically engaged with. That's all the motivation Ra's could ever need.

I don't mean The Canary, I mean The Arrow. If he planted the DNA, which Felicity said was both partial and came from the night of the crime, then why Oliver Queen's?

Ra's had motivation to kill The Canary, but I don't see him having done it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

I don't mean The Canary, I mean The Arrow. If he planted the DNA, which Felicity said was both partial and came from the night of the crime, then why Oliver Queen's?

Ollie was romantically involved with Sara (and was the reason Sarah bailed on the League the first time) so incriminating him for her murder would be the best gently caress YOU to Sarah Ra's could think of, it also obliterates any hope of Nyssa allying with Ollie again. Besides you know, thanks to Ollie Ra's also lost Al-Owal

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Senerio posted:

Oliver isn't really a random schmuck either, he's a known operative in Starling City with an extensive history with Sara. Additionally, given the Arrow's increasing influence and Ollie's skill level, it's entirely possible that Ra's Al Ghul considers Ollie a potential threat that needs to be eliminated.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Senerio posted:

The League are said to be totally archaic, which covers Malcolm and Nyssa too. Oliver trained Roy, and Cupid took HER inspiration from The Arrow. Komodo existed to be a Red Herring for Sara's killer.

I know all that. I think they could have skipped Cupid, and I have said before that I want Roy to develop his unique fighting style using his own... arsenal... of weapons. Malcolm and Nyssa I can forgive, since there are thematical reasons for them to share the same weapon skills as Oliver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cupid's not really an archer. She's a terrible shot, it's part of an obsession thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BSam posted:

You do know you're watching a show called Arrow, right?

Not every villain on The Flash is a speed character. I don't disagree with him at least. Season 1 and 2 were fine, even when the League showed up with their own bows in 2 since we still had Deathstroke but now we've had two kind of D-list villains (their first suspect for Sara's death, Cupid) show up with their own bows and its starting to get a little tired. Captain Boomerang was great for multiple reasons, but I'd be lying if I said thinking "Finally, someone who doesn't use a bow" wasn't a small part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Rhas Al Ghul being behind Sara's murder is just so drat obvious. I'm hoping Thea killed her solely because it would give Willa Holland something to do.

Outside of the Corto Maltese episode, she's had literally nothing to do. They started something with the idea of her and Oliver sharing a flat, and then ignored it.

I feel like the show is struggling to tell meaningful stories these past few episodes, and there's all these juicy veins to tell stories that are being ignored.

• Locked thread