Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

If anyone was planning to play Witcher 3 on PS4, it got pushed back to May.

I am legit upset about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Red Suit posted:

I'll be pissed if they do a PS4 port of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep. They just released the PS3 post, (that I bought day 1)

If they do a Kingdom Hearts Complete or something with the existing remasters plus an HD port of DDD I'd be okay with it.

Harlock posted:

If anyone was planning to play Witcher 3 on PS4, it got pushed back to May.
My backlog thanks them for this. Q1 2015 was looking pretty heavy and I've still got a couple of this year's big titles on the back burner.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 9, 2014

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

I said come in! posted:

No, it's a AAA title, Sony was never going to just give it away.

Wasn't there going to be a cut down drive club for ps+? Basically a very functional demo with discounted upgrade to the full version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrBond posted:

Wasn't there going to be a cut down drive club for ps+? Basically a very functional demo with discounted upgrade to the full version.

The discounted version is there, but the glorified demo is not.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Did they ever fix the AI smashing into you in Driveclub?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

blackguy32 posted:

Did they ever fix the AI smashing into you in Driveclub?

They're better and the corner penalties are softened as well. A few more shots. This game has a very comprehensive photo mode.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

holocaust bloopers posted:

They're better and the corner penalties are softened as well. A few more shots. This game has a very comprehensive photo mode.

Ok I just gamefly'ed this specifically to photomode my brains out.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I got caught in a vehicle pile up in Far Cry 4-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zgC-9dKRh8

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Feenix posted:

Ok I just gamefly'ed this specifically to photomode my brains out.

Not going to be disappointed. It's utterly fluid, fast, and easy to use.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Harlock posted:

Uncharted 3 Drake just looks silly.

He went from looking like Nathan Fillion to looking like Matt LeBlanc.

Also, yeah, gently caress it, I'm GameFlying Driveclub. It just looks way too pretty to pass up, and if it's working perfectly fine now, then I guess all my gripes with it are gone.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He went from looking like Nathan Fillion to looking like Matt LeBlanc.

Eh I'd say he went from "Drew Struzan Drake" to "Realistic Drake."

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I'm enjoying Driveclub a lot so far. The Norwegian tracks I've tried feels authentic and well made. Holmstad at night, with stormy cloud cover and heavy precipitation is the most intense driving experience I've ever had.

Oh and we should definitely make a club since there are cars to unlock by gaining club points and levels.

snodig fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 9, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm upset that drake looks more human and different in a way I can't reuse my UC3 handsome drake with ring, belt buckle, holster and gun getup I did this year, for Halloween.

Though, to be fair 2/3 of the crowd though I was from Firefly (Malcolm?) I think.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Paying $70 to drive in the stormy mountains is for suckers, I do it for real. Every day. For another six months.

:suicide:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished the single player for Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. It was solid as gently caress as usual. Not gonna lie, I do like the single player for CoD. I've been wondering though how CoD would do in an open world FPS like Far Cry but with CoD gameplay. I think it would be pretty badass.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Driveclub would be the perfect purchase for me if it was open world. But for now, Ill just have to stick with Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the rain probability slider jacked all the way up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Someone should probably make a new driveclub thread now it's fixed and people are actually buying it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope they are still thinking about releasing that Plus demo.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Man this new generation of consoles really sucks, it's just like the PC with developers releasing underbaked half working poo poo before they're re-

holocaust bloopers posted:

Some Driveclub shots

...gently caress, all is forgiven.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Stux posted:

Someone should probably make a new driveclub thread now it's fixed and people are actually buying it.

Well there's this one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686106

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sony threw Driveclub under the bus a bit, just like Microsoft did with MCC, so both would be out there in stores for Black Friday. Of course, one of those games is a pretty racing game, and the other is a flagship series, so

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
stolen from neogaf

Drive club is pretty drat good looking with the weather patch.

I'm probably going to get it for $33 at BB with the b2g1 free deal and gamerclub 20% off along with gta5 and Shadow of Mordor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can use the official Xbox One thread to talk about Driveclub, since it doesn't shut up about it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

L-O-N posted:

I'm probably going to get it for $33 at BB with the b2g1 free deal and gamerclub 20% off along with gta5 and Shadow of Mordor.

What deal is this now? For a voracious game appetite like mine the Gamerclub crap almost seems worth it.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Dewgy posted:

What deal is this now? For a voracious game appetite like mine the Gamerclub crap almost seems worth it.

Best Buy has a buy 2 games, get 1 game free deal going on right now. With gamerclub unlocked, you get an additional 20% off which come out to $101 after tax for 3 $60 games. Slickdeals link

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reverse Centaur posted:

Paying $70 to drive in the stormy mountains is for suckers, I do it for real. Every day. For another six months.

:suicide:

Well maybe you're not really paying for the drive, you're paying for the ability to turn it off and be in a warm and comfy house when you're done.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
For what it's worth, as great as these Driveclub shots look, please do remember to expect the game to look JUST a hair worse as you actually play it. Unless they improved the gameplay visuals in a patch, there appears to be the tiniest bit of "photomode post production" going on in those shots.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Club doesn't activate before there's at least 2 members :(

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

For what it's worth, as great as these Driveclub shots look, please do remember to expect the game to look JUST a hair worse as you actually play it. Unless they improved the gameplay visuals in a patch, there appears to be the tiniest bit of "photomode post production" going on in those shots.

From what I've read, the AA did get an upgrade with this patch. Undoubtedly, photo mode makes it look even better.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

L-O-N posted:

From what I've read, the AA did get an upgrade with this patch. Undoubtedly, photo mode makes it look even better.

Wow no poo poo? Not because I don't believe you but do you have a link? I'd love to read about it.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 9, 2014

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Has anyone screen capped a "cannot connect to EA/Dragon Age server" page or photoshopped one ? I want to share the poo poo out of it just because they suspend recording/screen grab while trying to connect.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

No, it's a AAA title, Sony was never going to just give it away.

Except for when they revealed that PS+ was required for online play now and promised that subscribers would get DriveClub for "free"...which later changed to getting "a significant portion of the game" for "free"...which changed to getting a small fraction of the game...which has now seemingly changed to "when did we say that? Just go buy the full game".

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It was always going to be a scaled back "ps+ edition", sorry to hear about your illiteracy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ometeotl posted:

Except for when they revealed that PS+ was required for online play now and promised that subscribers would get DriveClub for "free"...which later changed to getting "a significant portion of the game" for "free"...which changed to getting a small fraction of the game...which has now seemingly changed to "when did we say that? Just go buy the full game".

You're an idiot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Has anyone screen capped a "cannot connect to EA/Dragon Age server" page or photoshopped one ? I want to share the poo poo out of it just because they suspend recording/screen grab while trying to connect.

I always thought it was because the game presumably might ask you for login info at that point, but it never asked me, so who knows. And I've fired Dragon Age up many many times since the day it came out and never had a connection error, either

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Driveclub was never gonna be "free", don't you remember that huge spat where people got pissed because Sony said that if you buy the PS+ version of driveclub, operative word buy, if your sub lapsed you would lose your discounted copy and couldn't pay for an upgrade to full? Emphasis buy, as in money spent, announced a long time ago. You're making things up in your brain man.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

How is there not a No Man's Sky thread?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Spaceman Future! posted:

Driveclub was never gonna be "free", don't you remember that huge spat where people got pissed because Sony said that if you buy the PS+ version of driveclub, operative word buy, if your sub lapsed you would lose your discounted copy and couldn't pay for an upgrade to full? Emphasis buy, as in money spent, announced a long time ago. You're making things up in your brain man.

If all you watched was the initial reveal you could be forgiven in thinking that you were going to get a free full game because they didnt have a poo poo load of asterisks during that announcement.

But if you are posting in this thread than the likelihood of that is slim.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

How is there not a No Man's Sky thread?

The same way there's no release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Who cares, everyone should be playing PvZ Garden Warfare.

• Locked thread