Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm waiting to see how the actual consumer models play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'd love an OR if I knew my hardware supported it, especially for Elite. The only problem is that I wear glasses most of the time these days, and I don't want to pop in contacts every time I want to game.

solution: wear those flexible birth-control eyeglasses that were designed to be worn in gas masks for the OR.
i know they've existed since at least the mid 1990's, the PHD reservist in my unit wore them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Another solution: pay a medical person to laser your eyeballs. LASIK is the best money that I've ever spent.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

tuluk posted:

it's been about a year, is X Rebirth worth buying or should I hold out another 6 months?

metal gear solid 5 episode 1(ground zeroes) is due out in 10 days.

Buy Elite: Dangerous instead.

Also for GiPbros who are playing

:woop::siren:NO MORE WIPES!:siren::woop:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yup, see above. Apparently they're going to nerf the rare good "exploit" so I'm going to grind the poo poo out of it until next patch. My Asp is a murder machine but I want a bigger murder machine. Also my insurance is sitting at about 1.1 million credits right now so that's kind of my hard lower limit on my bank balance.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Another solution: pay a medical person to laser your eyeballs. LASIK is the best money that I've ever spent.

Too poor for LASIK. I spent all my money on a doctor to help keep my liver from exploding.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

elite dangerous looks really good. personally i'm starting to burnout on space flight games.
installing oolite on a openpandora device is gonna be my last space flight game for awhile.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tuluk posted:

the steam page for it says it's a truncated version of MSG5, to get people used to the new systems.

its like the tanker episode of MGS2, with some extra missions put in the same level.

it's awesome and I've got close to 30 something hours into it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

arkham knight trailer looks sweet.
http://youtu.be/wsf78BS9VE0

just cause 3 has a placeholder page on steam.

arkham knight & just cause 3 are the games i'm looking forward to seeing in 2015.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MGSV and SFV (which will probably end up 2016) for me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I really want more paintjobs in Elite. I've got my Asp looking banged up in a "I've seen some poo poo" way, but it needs some stripes or something to give it that "I am about to murder you" je nes sais quois.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I really want more paintjobs in Elite. I've got my Asp looking banged up in a "I've seen some poo poo" way, but it needs some stripes or something to give it that "I am about to murder you" je nes sais quois.

can you upload skins to to elite storefront? i'm thinking a sgt chowdown paintjob would be hilarious.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Unfortunately no. I got the cobra nest pack free and a bunch of others free when they were mistakenly listed at $0 for a couple hours. So far no skins for anything bigger than the Cobra/Viper.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The only problem is that I wear glasses most of the time these days

Look at this fuckin nerd.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^True but all I have to do is take off my glasses to get rid of your mother's face

The funniest part of no wipe is that the people who said gently caress it and went to explore the other end of the galaxy now have to either self-wipe to progress or make a 50,000 light year haul to civilized space without dying to cash in on the cartographic data.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

^^^True but all I have to do is take off my glasses to get rid of your mother's face

Might need some bleach too. She ugly.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

The jap culture thing is a repost of some nerd being mad as poo poo that Final Fantasy wasn't PS3 exclusive like 5 years ago.

That post is what made me say "gently caress it" and start using the SA account my brother got me.

Weaboo nerds getting mad is the greatest thing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Reading your posts and every other one in the ps4 thread holly bloops and I think I'm sold. $35 on Amazon, too.

How does the multiplayer work exactly? Do you just race a bunch of randoms or what? Are you just competing against times?

Any rally? Where does it fall in regards to sim/arcadey?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

Reading your posts and every other one in the ps4 thread holly bloops and I think I'm sold. $35 on Amazon, too.

How does the multiplayer work exactly? Do you just race a bunch of randoms or what? Are you just competing against times?

Any rally? Where does it fall in regards to sim/arcadey?

As of now there are pre-made lobbies that cycle out. You race against other people online or whomever you're in a club with. Private lobbies is supposedly in the works.

There is a fully realized time trial mode that is, I think, the heart of the game. Pick a car, weather, time of day, rate of time change, track, and go race. There is no rallying. Tracks are based on real-world roads found in each country. There are proper tracks, which are fictional. You also have the ability to do all of that, but in a one-off race, and then there's the actual 'campaign' which is a crummy old school Tour mode that requires specific goals to be met to earn starts that unlock other events. It can get grindy and not fun. I'd rather just make my own races to earn XP that way.

It's no secret that I love Driveclub. It's a game that tosses a very good selection of cars onto some fun road/track courses with fully dynamic weather and day/night cycle. There's just an absolute ton of variety and challenge inherent to the game because of that.

The handling model skews towards sim in the sense that smart, proper driving is rewarded while the ability to kick out the tail of a car and beat up on it is there and equally as fun. The best way I can phrase it is it's Top Gear's style of driving come to live in an accessible manner. No need to pore over car setups or whatever. Each car drives in a unique manner and some are absolutely out to kill you for bad driving like the RUF cars, which is how they are in real life.

Here's a few screenshots I took today.

bloops fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 9, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Is this real life

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Is this real life

Driveclub is the best looking game of this console generation.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

There is no rallying.
Game automatically sucks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Game automatically sucks.

Historically, the only good rally games have been entirely focused on rallying. The physics that drive that kind of racing versus road are enormously different. We're talking a grip surface that behaves as a shifting liquid on top of a solid. When Gran Turismo tackled rally racing it was simply the developers lessening global grip. :spergin:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

tuluk posted:

arkham knight trailer looks sweet.
http://youtu.be/wsf78BS9VE0

just cause 3 has a placeholder page on steam.

arkham knight & just cause 3 are the games i'm looking forward to seeing in 2015.

Arthas Bruce, my son

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It sucks but the market for pure rally games is so niche we get dirt 3 bs

They still make the Colin McRae games right even though he died?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

It sucks but the market for pure rally games is so niche we get dirt 3 bs

They still make the Colin McRae games right even though he died?

yeah, the last one was super depressing because all the voice overs in the game were in past tense. Like "Colin loved this car". "Colin thought this track was cool". "Colin misses the love of his family" and stuff like that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

yeah, the last one was super depressing because all the voice overs in the game were in past tense. Like "Colin loved this car". "Colin thought this track was cool". "Colin misses the love of his family" and stuff like that.

"Colin would've loved the DLC season pass."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"Colin thought it would be the best deal to get 10,000 credits for $49.99"

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Colin thought releasing the iphone game on steam was a great idea

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Colin is doing doughnuts in his grave.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

As of now there are pre-made lobbies that cycle out. You race against other people online or whomever you're in a club with. Private lobbies is supposedly in the works.

There is a fully realized time trial mode that is, I think, the heart of the game. Pick a car, weather, time of day, rate of time change, track, and go race. There is no rallying. Tracks are based on real-world roads found in each country. There are proper tracks, which are fictional. You also have the ability to do all of that, but in a one-off race, and then there's the actual 'campaign' which is a crummy old school Tour mode that requires specific goals to be met to earn starts that unlock other events. It can get grindy and not fun. I'd rather just make my own races to earn XP that way.

It's no secret that I love Driveclub. It's a game that tosses a very good selection of cars onto some fun road/track courses with fully dynamic weather and day/night cycle. There's just an absolute ton of variety and challenge inherent to the game because of that.

The handling model skews towards sim in the sense that smart, proper driving is rewarded while the ability to kick out the tail of a car and beat up on it is there and equally as fun. The best way I can phrase it is it's Top Gear's style of driving come to live in an accessible manner. No need to pore over car setups or whatever. Each car drives in a unique manner and some are absolutely out to kill you for bad driving like the RUF cars, which is how they are in real life.

Here's a few screenshots I took today.

very nice yes, but have they bothered to add any non euro cars yet?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

in elite the other night I was trying to explore a system and found eccentrica gallumbits orbiting my two dwarf stars 120k ls away. ten minutes at +400c

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Colin is doing doughnuts in his grave.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

in elite the other night I was trying to explore a system and found eccentrica gallumbits orbiting my two dwarf stars 120k ls away. ten minutes at +400c

Go to Alpha Centauri. It took me an hour to go 0.22 ly to the only station. Went there for shits and giggles, never going back.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

very nice yes, but have they bothered to add any non euro cars yet?

Corvette stingray is getting added this month.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Go to Alpha Centauri. It took me an hour to go 0.22 ly to the only station. Went there for shits and giggles, never going back.

goddamn

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:cumpolice:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
That looks pretty great.

Can you adjust the cockpit view so you don't get just the left half of of the interior? I got a huge fuckin' tv. Take advantage of it, dumb game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

elite_garbage_man posted:

That looks pretty great.

Can you adjust the cockpit view so you don't get just the left half of of the interior? I got a huge fuckin' tv. Take advantage of it, dumb game.

No. I have never encountered any racing sim that let the camera be moved away from the actual driving position within reason.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stare:

Watching that I half-expected it to pan over to a terrified Hammond going for a ride with the Stig.

Except the Stig would be jerking the wheel all over the place like a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
SO EXCITE

• Locked thread