Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I remember way back when, during one of their E3 afterhours show where they have industry guests, Alex was kind of a dick. They had a bigwig there talking some real rotten poo poo -- I think it might have been Cliffy B -- saying how games that don't sell over 10 million copies are complete trash and whoever likes them are a waste of air, and that most gamers are retarded babies or something. Either that or it was a completely transparent and poor shilling attempt. All I remember is it being really rough, and the chat was going berzerk. Alex just killed the chat and wrote "The adults are trying to talk here, kids". Yeah, the chat was intolerable and useless (as always), but they actually had legit reason to be pissed for once. That's never stopped him from being weirdly condescending, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

On the latest Bombcast, Patrick said ODST was the best Halo, and then he said: "That smoky soundtrack. Mmmm." And then he kept saying it: "Mmmm," and I thought I could hear him licking his lips. And even when people started talking over him and moving on, he kept saying "Mmmm" and "Yeah" and that's not what I listen to podcasts for.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

On the latest Bombcast, Patrick said ODST was the best Halo, and then he said: "That smoky soundtrack. Mmmm." And then he kept saying it: "Mmmm," and I thought I could hear him licking his lips. And even when people started talking over him and moving on, he kept saying "Mmmm" and "Yeah" and that's not what I listen to podcasts for.

;,mfao

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

i remember that too and i think thats a key reference point in understanding how much patrick sucks mmmmm

a couple years ago ryan wouldve made sure that poo poo didnt happen

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
when do you think patricks wife is gonna gently caress some other dude btw

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Oh Ryan... Why couldn't it have been Patrick instead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skeleton King posted:

You know I was just wondering about the distinct lack of cuckold speculation and humor in this thread. Thank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Oh Ryan... Why couldn't it have been Patrick instead.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dan's okay and i respect his strong pro-nintendo stance but he doesn't know poo poo about pc games and i think that hurts his ability to contribute to discussions

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

dan's okay and i respect his strong pro-nintendo stance but he doesn't know poo poo about pc games and i think that hurts his ability to contribute to discussions

It makes listening to the Klepek and Scanlon-style meandering and stale "discussions" about poo poo tolerable, IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having said that I like Drew.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/la-noire-video-review/2300-4138/

they stopped doing these for good reason, but theyre funny to watch because of how subtlely strange everyone's body language is

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe Meandering isn't a good word for it but what's it called when you pause a lot and sound like your pointing at the words in your brain as you decide which phrases will sound the most like your a smart clever man veteran journalist.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pontification is a good insufferable word for that ithink

just saying it makes me feel like i deserve to be punched

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skeleton King posted:

they stopped doing these for good reason, but theyre funny to watch because of how subtlely strange everyone's body language is

I'm on a TANG kick at the mome, in the absence of content featuring Dan that I haven't seen.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gaspar Lewis posted:

If you don't like Patrick, how the making GBS threads dicknipples do you think Cara Ellison would be a good idea?

Also Alex is cool and good, and more than anyone else he probably needs the buffer of self-esteem.

Le making GBS threads Dicknipples Good Sir

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Le making GBS threads Dicknipples Good Sir

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I dunno what Alex is like as a person but he has the worst possible voice for radio

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno what Alex is like as a person but he has the worst possible voice for radio

Watch the clip where Stardust agrees with Dan that his goatee is stupid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Serious lmao when Jeff pretended to be quicklooking something else and then popped game room up.

also when he decides to make good and buys sonic adventure and starts to play that, and then remembers that he hates sonic adventure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Skeleton King posted:

i think the "good reason" is just that editing a bunch of video to make those is a waste of work

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i never read the reviews

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

All the people in the review comments saying "Great review!" are robots, slaves, or some pitiful combination.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Serious lmao when Jeff pretended to be quicklooking something else and then popped game room up.

I just tried to look for this vid and holy poo poo I never realized they did 32 game room quick looks.

Also someone post one of those extreme monotone brad shoemaker video reviews.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Watch the clip where Stardust agrees with Dan that his goatee is stupid.

stardust and dan was a trip

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i wish drew would quote movies less, even if he and dan have a good time with it

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

klaphark posted:

I just tried to look for this vid and holy poo poo I never realized they did 32 game room quick looks.

Also someone post one of those extreme monotone brad shoemaker video reviews.

i already did

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BKPR posted:

i wish drew would quote movies less, even if he and dan have a good time with it

gently caress your rear end if you didn't enjoy the Apocalypse Now refs dropped during Mario party. Motherfucker of your own rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress your rear end if you didn't enjoy the Apocalypse Now refs dropped during Mario party. Motherfucker of your own rear end.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What are some good Ryan videos to watch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Blackheart posted:

All the ones he's in is a good place to start.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Blackheart posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/gdc-2013-after-hours-livestream-spectacular-afterm/2300-7204/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ryan was a simple man. He was a good man. A better man than all of us could ever hope to be.

Truly epic.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Skeleton King posted:

She won't. She's into sissy boys that's why she married him.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Blackheart posted:

The Ryan/Patrick Chrono Trigger Endurance Run

:troll:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

this sounds loving awesome!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

this sounds loving awesome!!!

mmmmm

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

wasn't that the soundtrack with the midi guitar? I remember my roommate and I making fun of how bad the soundtrack was the whole time we played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
http://youtu.be/a33iI6xfld0?t=56m50s

mmmmmmmmmmm *smacks lips* mmm