Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

They released a patch for WWE 2K15

Day 1 Paige DLC still not up to download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Day 1 Paige DLC still not up to download.

And they haven't said a loving word about it, or any of the other DLC, either.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They said they're working on bringing it to you ASAP but it'll take time to finish it all.

This is after they confirmed that everything that is part of the Season Pass—Paige included—is the stuff that's locked on the disc anyway.

Basically 2k are shitmunchers of the highest order. Gotta keep you from trading the game in somehow!

And not that every company needs to do the same thing, but I do think it is worth pointing out that Ubisoft have removed Assassin's Creed Unity's season pass and is giving the first piece of DLC away to everyone for free, to apologise for the game being glitchy, and Sony have given away half of the Driveclub DLC for free and are promising extra DLC for season pass holders as an apology for the game launching in an incomplete state. I wouldn't be surprised if 2K do something similar if they care enough to do any degree of brand damage control.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'll give them

Also, man did the original Xbox get the shaft with WWE games or what? PS2 had the SD series, and eventually the Gamecube got DoR.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

pressedbunny posted:

And not that every company needs to do the same thing, but I do think it is worth pointing out that Ubisoft have removed Assassin's Creed Unity's season pass and is giving the first piece of DLC away to everyone for free, to apologise for the game being glitchy, and Sony have given away half of the Driveclub DLC for free and are promising extra DLC for season pass holders as an apology for the game launching in an incomplete state. I wouldn't be surprised if 2K do something similar if they care enough to do any degree of brand damage control.

If anything we may get a free skin or say a free dlc of somebody like heath slater like they did with whole servers issue and giving us Masked Kane. Though I don't think were getting anything from not getting the DLC day 1. Yeah the game is glitchy and what not but it still works and functions to it's purpose just because the Day 1 DLC isn't out yet doesn't mean they'll be affected or anything they did the same thing with the outsiders DLC 2 years ago. Also isn't the DLC not on the disc I remember one of the 2k pr tweeting out that it wasn't.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The 2K guy specified that the season pass and its data is on the disc, but the stuff not covered by the season pass is not.

... Inconveniently, I can't find the quote to pull up right now, and it's 5am so gently caress searching any further, but to the best of my recollection that is what was said and I'm sure somebody will be able to find the quote in question.

That said, looking at the pages that have come up just now, there are people on various forums saying the DLC data on the disc is incomplete, which if true A) isn't so inexcusable and B) explains why it's not unlocking for people who have bought the pass.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I wish someone would ask them about the PC version that was touted on the loving Network.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Decided to hand KOTR over to NXT as a Big 4-style PPV gimmick and sim the whole thing in 2k15. Finn Balor and Kevin Owens put on a great clinic, lots of believable nearfalls. Balor reversed a package piledriver into a bloody sunday for the 3 count. He heads on to take on Aiden English in the quarter-finals, winner of that bout takes on either Jason Jordan or one of my hoss CAWs. Good tourney so far.

The faceshopping is bad with the skin tones they allow CAWs so it looks like Community Creations dudes either have heavily powdered faces from afar or have undergone face transplant surgery. My Tyler Breeze looks like a deranged, ripped Jim Carrey. Whoever made my Finn Balor download did a pretty excellent job, tho.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 9, 2014

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

don't forget attempting to drop boxes on peoples' heads backstage

Yeah, that was always a cracker. We always looked at our allies/enemies list and whoever was top of it we were completely merciless towards. The amount of times Kevin Nash got a box or crate on his head (I think he got the anvil a few times too) and then beat up in the locker room all in the space of just one night was ludicrous. Ludicrous, but brilliant fun.

A typical Raw would be:

Segment 1 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 2 - Attack Nash
Segment 3 - Send someone to attack Nash (usually Chavo Guerrero for some reason)
Segment 4 - Rest
Segment 5 - Interfere in friend's match
Segment 6 - Attack Nash
Segment 7 - Interfere in Nash's match
Segment 8 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 9 - Rest
Segment 10 - Title match

Also, the way you got title matches was dumb. You just had to call out the champion and if they came out, you'd get a title match the next show. I called out the Undertaker once, he came out and gave me a title shot. All he had to do was win that night. Unfortunately for me however, he didn't, and that's how Matt Hardy became the Undisputed champion.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skunkrocker posted:

I wish someone would ask them about the PC version that was touted on the loving Network.

Well it wasn't really "touted" was it? As far as I remember it was just a bit of box art alongside the PS4 and Xbone versions. I thought right away it might have just been an intern loving something up and no one catching it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

Yeah, that was always a cracker. We always looked at our allies/enemies list and whoever was top of it we were completely merciless towards. The amount of times Kevin Nash got a box or crate on his head (I think he got the anvil a few times too) and then beat up in the locker room all in the space of just one night was ludicrous. Ludicrous, but brilliant fun.

A typical Raw would be:

Segment 1 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 2 - Attack Nash
Segment 3 - Send someone to attack Nash (usually Chavo Guerrero for some reason)
Segment 4 - Rest
Segment 5 - Interfere in friend's match
Segment 6 - Attack Nash
Segment 7 - Interfere in Nash's match
Segment 8 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 9 - Rest
Segment 10 - Title match

Also, the way you got title matches was dumb. You just had to call out the champion and if they came out, you'd get a title match the next show. I called out the Undertaker once, he came out and gave me a title shot. All he had to do was win that night. Unfortunately for me however, he didn't, and that's how Matt Hardy became the Undisputed champion.

yeah nash was always a big target for me and my friend when we'd play too hahah. i can't believe i'm feeling nostalgic for wwe raw 2

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I think you won't hear anything about a PC version until it's just about to come out. Publishers tend to view PC versions as inferior to consoles in terms of pricing and potential piracy and don't want anyone on the fence waiting for a PC version rather than buying a console copy now and maybe buying again when PC happens. my guess would be hearing nothing until at least January when the Christmas rush is over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Does anyone know any good tricks or tactics for getting managers over in TEW? I mean, if you use someone who can wrestle as a manager or somebody who starts the game over like Bobby Heenan or Paul Heyman or something it's fine, but my attempts to build manager popularity from scratch all fail. Cutting promos doesn't seem to work no matter how good at talking they are, being featured characters in storylines doesn't seem to work, interfering in matches doesn't seem to work, being around for segments or matches that get high ratings because the guys they're managing are over doesn't seem to work. What am I missing?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

TEW just doesn't account for getting non-workers over, unfortunately. The modern-day WWE game had that problem with announcers, none of whom were over and could not get over no matter how skilled they were and how experienced they were together / what chemistry they had. They have to be entered into the game as over, and I'm not even sure that will prevent them from backsliding.

Managers do help with match ratings for their clients, though, and can shore up promos even when they're not talking, but I'm not sure if their lack of popularity hurts more than it helps in those cases.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I've had non-wrestlers gain pop. My announcer and colour commentator in my current WEXXV game have gained about 10 overness in each region since I signed them about 8 or so months ago. Also my referee has gained a couple of points of for some reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow after 12,000 games I finally got a Legend card via random Exhibition pickup.

Too bad it was Big Show ugh.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Been playing more universe mode in 2k15, I still think multi-mans have been vastly improved, but 6 guys in a ring cannot be helped. Money In the Bank ladder matches are what they've always been - less zany clusterfucks, sure, but clusterfucks nonetheless. Most of the bugs come in on the 6-man fights as well - Dbry and my guy fought at the top of the MITB ladder and he hit a ladder finisher on me, but instead of falling we "shifted" horizontally at a high speed in the position of grappling on the ladder, until we were suspended over the announce table. Both Dbry and my guy warped to the outside floor and took massive damage. Also during that match, a ghost hit Big Show with a scoop slam.

I wish cashing in MITB didn't auto-sim title fights. I held off til Wrestlemania, was going to start a rivalry program between DBry (who ended up winning the '15 RR against Batista, funnily enough. And both were AIs with random draws!) and the MITB winner, but auto-sim had Lesnar retaining at WM (he has 100 stat score at this point and retained a solid year so it's not surprising). I guess it doesn't necessarily stop me from doing anything, but it's just annoying.

Also I took the opportunity to set a rivalry between Cena and Taker for WM, as its one of the rivalries with mostly unique cutscenes (others I've unlocked have been Taker vs. DBry and Cody vs. Goldust for #1 contender). I've gotten to their WM match and I think I might have broken it because the game locks all match options to "off" (though you can restore things like the HUD) and… I can't seem to pin anyone. I can't access match rules either. It doesn't happen with any other match so I figure I'm missing something here.

Over at NXT, Sami Zayn's 6-month title reign ended at their WM equivalent as he dropped the title to Jason Jordan, and was subsequently promoted to the main roster. Since NXT's special happened two weeks prior to Wrestlemania, the AI saw fit to make his main roster debut a WM singles match versus Triple H. #6 on the card, between the first main (Lesnar v Bryan for the title) and the second (Taker v Cena). I didn't even have to manually fantasy book this year

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 10, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

Been playing more universe mode in 2k15, I still think multi-mans have been vastly improved, but 6 guys in a ring cannot be helped. Money In the Bank ladder matches are what they've always been - less zany clusterfucks, sure, but clusterfucks nonetheless. Most of the bugs come in on the 6-man fights as well - Dbry and my guy fought at the top of the MITB ladder and he hit a ladder finisher on me, but instead of falling we "shifted" horizontally at a high speed in the position of grappling on the ladder, until we were suspended over the announce table. Both Dbry and my guy warped to the outside floor and took massive damage. Also during that match, a ghost hit Big Show with a scoop slam.

I wish cashing in MITB didn't auto-sim title fights. I held off til Wrestlemania, was going to start a rivalry program between DBry (who ended up winning the '15 RR against Batista, funnily enough. And both were AIs with random draws!) and the MITB winner, but auto-sim had Lesnar retaining at WM (he has 100 stat score at this point and retained a solid year so it's not surprising). I guess it doesn't necessarily stop me from doing anything, but it's just annoying.

Also I took the opportunity to set a rivalry between Cena and Taker for WM, as its one of the rivalries with mostly unique cutscenes (others I've unlocked have been Taker vs. DBry and Cody vs. Goldust for #1 contender). I've gotten to their WM match and I think I might have broken it because the game locks all match options to "off" (though you can restore things like the HUD) and… I can't seem to pin anyone. I can't access match rules either. It doesn't happen with any other match so I figure I'm missing something here.

Over at NXT, Sami Zayn's 6-month title reign ended at their WM equivalent as he dropped the title to Jason Jordan, and was subsequently promoted to the main roster. Since NXT's special happened two weeks prior to Wrestlemania, the AI saw fit to make his main roster debut a WM singles match versus Triple H. #6 on the card, between the first main (Lesnar v Bryan for the title) and the second (Taker v Cena). I didn't even have to manually fantasy book this year

This is the first real look I've seen into universe mode and it sounds pretty cool, is this current gen or past? It might be worth a buy to dink around with once the price goes down.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah nash was always a big target for me and my friend when we'd play too hahah. i can't believe i'm feeling nostalgic for wwe raw 2

RAW's sandbox was very fun. The actual wrestling mechanics were iffy, tho. But then again outside of Fire Pro, all wrestling games are iffy at the actual wrestling part.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Was it Raw 1 or 2 that had random crates around ringside, and you'd bust them open to get hats to wear in the middle of matches?

Sometimes I wonder if game devs even know what wrestling is

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

coconono posted:

RAW's sandbox was very fun. The actual wrestling mechanics were iffy, tho. But then again outside of Fire Pro, all wrestling games are iffy at the actual wrestling part.

I think FirePro is the best engine for single player stuff and VPW/No Mercy is the best for multiplayer.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Was it Raw 1 or 2 that had random crates around ringside, and you'd bust them open to get hats to wear in the middle of matches?

Sometimes I wonder if game devs even know what wrestling is

Raw 2, the best game after SvR 2006

edit; actually no, Raw 1 had the random crates ringside

you could also make your CAW's like 20 feet tall in that game

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Raw 2 is backwards compatible. I think I need to experience crate dropping myself.

Didn't you collect the hats/sunglasses from crates for CAW?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

Didn't you collect the hats/sunglasses from crates for CAW?

Maybe, but it wasn't just a collectible... like I'd be Kurt Angle and I'd bust a crate open to get crazy looking sunglasses. They'd fly off if I got hit so I would struggle my hardest to keep them on all match.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Maybe, but it wasn't just a collectible... like I'd be Kurt Angle and I'd bust a crate open to get crazy looking sunglasses. They'd fly off if I got hit so I would struggle my hardest to keep them on all match.

Yea I remember that. Seemed like a very strange feature.
Raw has a PC version and there's a community that releases mods for it. They're a bit easier to use than No Mercy mods, but it's not half the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Both Raw and DOR did a thing where you could, in the CAW process, give your dude a weapon (or a riot shield or a watermelon...) and he would bring it to the ring and you could attack your opponent with it. SVR never had that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Both Raw and DOR did a thing where you could, in the CAW process, give your dude a weapon (or a riot shield or a watermelon...) and he would bring it to the ring and you could attack your opponent with it. SVR never had that.

I think Day of Reckoning let you have giant spinning drills for hands.

The best wrestling games are the ones where you're allowed to make the stupidest things imaginable.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Great White Hope posted:

I think Day of Reckoning let you have giant spinning drills for hands.

The best wrestling games are the ones where you're allowed to make the stupidest things imaginable.

So you make yourself in CAW?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Heads up for super card players.

I claimed my reward like 30 mins after the game ended. I just got a message telling me to claim it again. Turns out it never went through the first time. So double check everybody

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

So you make yourself in CAW?

Yes. :smith:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Another TEW question: if there any benefit to having a lot of road agents? I know having two referees is smart because if one gets in a car crash or something you can get really screwed over by not having someone who can do the job, but I don't know if having several road agents has any similar upsides, or if that answer changes based on the size of your fed for that matter.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sanguinia posted:

Another TEW question: if there any benefit to having a lot of road agents? I know having two referees is smart because if one gets in a car crash or something you can get really screwed over by not having someone who can do the job, but I don't know if having several road agents has any similar upsides, or if that answer changes based on the size of your fed for that matter.

Have a few at least. Some are better at putting certain types of matches together, and it's good to have some variety in the matches as well.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So in my 1985 TEW 13 game I just hit C+ popularity in my home region but the spillover from there hasn't happened yet. I have a TV deal with the U.S Syndication Small I network if that means anything. When I switched to numbers mode for a more accurate reading I have 67 popularity in my home region.

EDIT: Never mind, after reexamining the popularity with numbers on I saw that some of the regions went up in popularity by 5 points. Guess the TV deal just made the spillover less noticeable.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 11, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

This is the first real look I've seen into universe mode and it sounds pretty cool, is this current gen or past? It might be worth a buy to dink around with once the price goes down.
Current gen.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

edit; actually no, Raw 1 had the random crates ringside

Could you hide in the crates like Dean Ambrose?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

WWE and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are creating WWE Immortals, a free-to-play mobile game that will feature epic Superstar battles in a fantastically re-imagined WWE world. WWE Immortals is being developed by NetherRealm Studios, the creators of the best-selling Mortal Kombat franchise and Injustice: Gods Among Us, in conjunction with Phosphor Game Studios, and will be available worldwide on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices in 2015.

So, Wrestlemania The Arcade Game 2015?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's an Injustice mobile game and its kind of terrible. So maybe that with a new skin.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WWE Mortal Kombat would be interesting if it were on a more attractive platform.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Daniel Bryan posted:

So, Wrestlemania The Arcade Game 2015?

Sounds better than the card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

There's an Injustice mobile game and its kind of terrible. So maybe that with a new skin.

Yeah I'm assuming it will be just that. Like how Supercard is a skin of the NBA card game