Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Space Whale posted:

This thread isn't about racial issues, it's about how radicals can't communicate or cooperate.

lol

Holy poo poo, are you even paying attention to the conversations you are having? I posted a post about things dealing with race. You replied about your life experiences or some poo poo and how it allowed you to have a viable opinion when it came to those matters, and then you followed up with poo poo about how dealing with class is supposed to help racial issues.

Also, leftism can be about more than gender and race, but it isn't Zero-sum. But when you go into conversations telling people to stop talking about certain things so you can talk about your own pet things, it makes you sound like an rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Insect Court posted:

Overreach by leftist activists led to a fracturing of of the left-liberal coalition and a backlash by reactionary forces. As we watch it happen all over again, I can't help but wonder if some people want to trigger that backlash because it will let them sink deeper into their narcissistic sense of righteous aggrievement.

Wow, I guess we run poo poo. Leftist activists: ultimate puppeteers and responsible for the direction society takes.

Behold, a fully operational leftism *sets out pamphlets at folding table*

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Space Whale posted:

"we need to care about everyone"

"No, you just want people to care about people just like you according to how I perceive things."

YO, the poo poo I went through had nothing to do with race/gender/sex politics at all. It completely falls on its face trying to explain it.

lolclass!

Space Whale posted:

If you're really an oppressed person trying to be a revolutionary and change the world consider toughening the gently caress up. I thought these oppressed persons were all tough and worked hard for little pay and had to support lots of people with their work while facing the dread of poverty, their families dying young, and the hopelessness of it getting better in the next generation.

Wait, I faced that, and all these marxoteens are babies looking for poo poo to be angry about! Welp.

"we need to care about everyone, except the people who haven't gone through what I went through, because I am an idiot who still doesn't understand intersectionality. everybody but me needs to be thick-skinned, but i get out of jail free because YOU JUST DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

also god drat your posts in this thread are astoundingly bad, even by d&d idiot-troll standards

:cmon:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

blackguy32 posted:

Holy poo poo, are you even paying attention to the conversations you are having? I posted a post about things dealing with race. You replied about your life experiences or some poo poo and how it allowed you to have a viable opinion when it came to those matters, and then you followed up with poo poo about how dealing with class is supposed to help racial issues.
It certainly doesn't give me viable opinions on race or womanhood or queerness, but it does give me "viable" opinions on being an orphan, poor, traumatized, and so on.

My point is a few loud screeching poo poo heads make it about them and their issues only and poo poo on the groups their in and drive away people who get sick of putting up with it! It's not just about race or sex or poverty, but when you get more power wielding the racial or sex oppression batons and not much with the poverty bat, you wield race and sex!

People don't pretend to be poor online, but my god, will they claim to be black or queer! Noticed that?

blackguy32 posted:

Also, leftism can be about more than gender and race, but it isn't Zero-sum. But when you go into conversations telling people to stop talking about certain things so you can talk about your own pet things, it makes you sound like an rear end.

I agree! Black issues don't interfere with poor issues with queer issues with women's issues with ableism issues.

Now tell me about how the people currently ruling the roost of the left DON'T make it about THEIR pet things, please.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

"we need to care about everyone, except the people who haven't gone through what I went through, because I am an idiot who still doesn't understand intersectionality. everybody but me needs to be thick-skinned, but i get out of jail free because YOU JUST DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN"

This is literally my point.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Wow, I guess we run poo poo. Leftist activists: ultimate puppeteers and responsible for the direction society takes.

Behold, a fully operational leftism *sets out pamphlets at folding table*

> READ PAMPHLET

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Space Whale it's pretty obvious that you want to talk about your past with someone, but I don't think this is the place.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Space Whale posted:

My point is a few loud screeching poo poo heads make it about them and their issues only

"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Space Whale posted:

This is literally my point.

yes, and like you, that point is dumb and bad

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Lemming posted:

Space Whale it's pretty obvious that you want to talk about your past with someone, but I don't think this is the place.

cliffmouse, please.

How many people take their personal poo poo, look at what's #trending, and go *pulls stuff out of pocket, hat, envelope, rear end* "#POPULARREASONS!"

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Space Whale posted:

It certainly doesn't give me viable opinions on race or womanhood or queerness, but it does give me "viable" opinions on being an orphan, poor, traumatized, and so on.

My point is a few loud screeching poo poo heads make it about them and their issues only and poo poo on the groups their in and drive away people who get sick of putting up with it! It's not just about race or sex or poverty, but when you get more power wielding the racial or sex oppression batons and not much with the poverty bat, you wield race and sex!

People don't pretend to be poor online, but my god, will they claim to be black or queer! Noticed that?

I agree! Black issues don't interfere with poor issues with queer issues with women's issues with ableism issues.

Now tell me about how the people currently ruling the roost of the left DON'T make it about THEIR pet things, please.

As for people pretending to be black or queer, who the gently caress cares?

Also, Who rules the roost on the left?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Space Whale posted:

cliffmouse, please.

How many people take their personal poo poo, look at what's #trending, and go *pulls stuff out of pocket, hat, envelope, rear end* "#POPULARREASONS!"

Dude this is borderline nonsensical. You're doing the pretend I don't care while alluding to poo poo and really hope they ask about it thing. You really should talk to someone about it, it's not bad or shameful.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Do you really think e-psyching is going to work?

You've been here over 6 years and try that, poo poo dude.

Also way to poo poo on people with mental illnesses and/or trauma!

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
Is this the right thread to post about the current need in america for radical groups like the black panthers to emerge once more?

I'm thinking a really good goal would be a group that specifically targets individuals who are super wealthy and politically active and just basically takes them out. I think it would be hard to have a downside with that kind of organization.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Space Whale posted:

Do you really think e-psyching is going to work?

You've been here over 6 years and try that, poo poo dude.

Also way to poo poo on people with mental illnesses and/or trauma!

I get that it's the internet and it's hard to tell, but I'm being completely sincere. I don't think you're a bad guy, but you're getting really, really defensive about anybody even coming close to saying that your life was easy, and you keep mentioning that bad poo poo has happened to you. I am making GBS threads on no one, people with mental issues or people who have had trauma can all really benefit from talking to people about it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

blackguy32 posted:

master of the league of shadows, oh wait it's just a clever ruse. A cover story within a cover story: he really is just a linguist. Look deeper if you want to find the true master.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

England Sucks posted:

Is this the right thread to post about the current need in america for radical groups like the black panthers to emerge once more?

I'm thinking a really good goal would be a group that specifically targets individuals who are super wealthy and politically active and just basically takes them out. I think it would be hard to have a downside with that kind of organization.

Anti-terrorism laws, crackdowns; infiltrations of less violent leftist groups because there's an excuse to do so because scary black men have guns and kill people. Not just that, but are capable enough to kill super rich people who have hella security and guards and stuff.

Yeah no downsides at all.

(You're trolling and this is sarcasm right?)

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Lemming posted:

I get that it's the internet and it's hard to tell, but I'm being completely sincere. I don't think you're a bad guy, but you're getting really, really defensive about anybody even coming close to saying that your life was easy, and you keep mentioning that bad poo poo has happened to you. I am making GBS threads on no one, people with mental issues or people who have had trauma can all really benefit from talking to people about it.

Ok, I can work this angle.

If the left basically says "you can't have suffered unless you're non exclusively black or queer or female or trans" is this a problem with the left.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

blackguy32 posted:

If you actually are a 32 year old black guy, uh, you might? I guess? It's cool if you don't though.

blackguy32 posted:

Probably whoever is the most popular with "we consume outrage as media!" kids, pop icons of women's/queer/color "things", and of course the slashies of the world.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Space Whale posted:

If you actually are a 32 year old black guy, uh, you might? I guess? It's cool if you don't though.

Probably whoever is the most popular with "we consume outrage as media!" kids, pop icons of women's/queer/color "things", and of course the slashies of the world.

Im not 32 and I don't pretend to be black. I find it amazing that people actually think its an advantage to be black in this day and age.

Also, I doubt Beyonce is ruling the left. That is because there is no leader on the left. In fact the left tends to be made of a large group of different people who believe different things. But you seem to be harboring a lot of resentment against minorities and women for some reason.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Insect Court posted:

Overreach by leftist activists led to a fracturing of of the left-liberal coalition and a backlash by reactionary forces. As we watch it happen all over again, I can't help but wonder if some people want to trigger that backlash because it will let them sink deeper into their narcissistic sense of righteous aggrievement.

Let me go on to say that I fully support placing a seed of enmity between generations. Let families tear at one another, and ostracize one another. Let racist aunts and uncles die prematurely from the stress brought on by their families' disgust with them. Let there be just fire everywhere, and hatred and mistrust. Let there be a great tumblr, a world tumblr, that turns brother against brother until this corrupt society is destroyed

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

blackguy32 posted:

Im not 32 and I don't pretend to be black. I find it amazing that people actually think its an advantage to be black in this day and age.

Also, I doubt Beyonce is ruling the left. That is because there is no leader on the left. In fact the left tends to be made of a large group of different people who believe different things. But you seem to be harboring a lot of resentment against minorities and women for some reason.

Online among left wing groups it's a great way to get attention and control in that group. Then they go outside and enjoy their lives without the issues real black people face, it's win win!

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Let me go on to say that I fully support placing a seed of enmity between generations. Let families tear at one another, and ostracize one another. Let racist aunts and uncles die prematurely from the stress brought on by their families' disgust with them. Let there be just fire everywhere, and hatred and mistrust. Let there be a great tumblr, a world tumblr, that turns brother against brother until this corrupt society is destroyed

this is like that old joke about "tumblr and angry birds should switch names" right?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

blackguy32 posted:

I hardly ever take part in these conversations because they are so drat painful for me. I get infuriated with all this poo poo about Social Justice Warrior and Tumblr as if it is some kind of boogeyman. There is a thread in Games about GTA V where the conversation started heading in the direction of maybe having a female protagonist and you pretty much got expected results even though 15 percent of the fanbase is female.

Then I remember a thread where a lot of goons lost their poo poo, over the notion that White opinions can be worth less than minority opinions on racial matters. The funny thing about that is that minority opinions are often seen as worthless in almost all matters. But there was this one aspect of society where people just lost their poo poo at not being seen as equals in the conversation.
You're half correct - all opinions are worthless. The opinions of the most intersectional person is still complete garbage. It's all about evidence.

That is, if your goal is understanding the world as it exists. If you're goal is self-righteous indignation, then of course they're useful to you.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

rudatron posted:

You're half correct - all opinions are worthless. The opinions of the most intersectional person is still complete garbage. It's all about evidence.

That is, if your goal is understanding the world as it exists. If you're goal is self-righteous indignation, then of course they're useful to you.

I think it's clear people would rather be angry about the world not being the way they want it to be than accepting reality as it is, being happy despite it, and helping others be happy while they're alive too, despite how little anyone can ever do.

I realize everyone's still fuming at other things I've said but I've seen some incredible meltdowns from telling people to stop making themselves angry and to try to do their stuff without being mad.

Well, rather, I told slacktivists to not be angry and to tweet nicer but still.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

I think it's telling that you think you can be more or less "intersectional." You are what you are, there is no ranking, despite every moron in the world talking about "oppression olympics" and trying to put together the grand list of rankings with a black lesbian in a wheelchair at the bottom.

In any case if you are talking about evidence relating to issues of privilege, there is mountains of it. Housing data, job data, you name it. Certain people just won't look at it, even if we cut their eyelids off they wouldn't look.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Are you still bawling your eyes out in this thread?

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Are you still bawling your eyes out in this thread?

Ladies and gentlemen, a "left wing activist" empty quotes someone and wishes suffering upon them.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Space Whale posted:

I've seen some incredible meltdowns from telling people to stop making themselves angry and to try to do their stuff without being mad.

you've certainly shown us a stellar example today

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

you've certainly shown us a stellar example today

No, you're the mad/depressed/lonely/goony/fat/fedora whatever. Or your mom.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Space Whale posted:

No, you're the mad/depressed/lonely/goony/fat/fedora whatever. Or your mom.

:qq: I just wish that women and minorities would shut up about their problems and focus on mine instead, why are you guys so mean

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Space Whale posted:

Are you puppet mastering again? Because LOL if not.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

:qq: I just wish that women and minorities would shut up about their problems and focus on mine instead, why are you guys so mean

Suggesting that race sex and orientation don't actually adequately explain everything wrong with society is indeed saying to abandon them entirely yes yes you're correct I'll go sit in my privilege corner now.

Zeitgueist posted:

Are you puppet mastering again? Because LOL if not.

#NextTrendingFad2015

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
These posts sucked when it was years ago about Occupy. Between this and the religion threads it's some serious throwback.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Zeitgueist posted:

These posts sucked when it was years ago about Occupy. Between this and the religion threads it's some serious throwback.

Yean and OWS was so loving successful lmao.

Gosh it's like the same mistakes keep happening.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Space Whale posted:

Suggesting that race sex and orientation don't actually adequately explain everything wrong with society is indeed saying to abandon them entirely yes yes you're correct I'll go sit in my privilege corner now.

Remember when you described women as "babies looking for poo poo to be angry about" because they weren't poor enough for your liking? I do. Boy, that was a good time, wasn't it?

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

Remember when you described women as "babies looking for poo poo to be angry about" because they weren't poor enough for your liking? I do. Boy, that was a good time, wasn't it?

Yes that's exactly what I said and totally what I meant, and not at all you twisting poo poo.

Some people are babies looking for poo poo to fuss about. Some identify as women. Not seeing the point here...

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Who What Now posted:

As you become increasingly pedantic so must I. Weird how that is, huh?

Pedantic posting forum.

Zeitgueist posted:

Yes why would gender equality have anything to do with a movement for social equality. :allears:

I don't think leftists are advocated for social equality. Equality, by any leftist definition, should be a base term that applies solely to distinction in class. The best messaging the left can offer is the most literal pre-Bolshevik interpretation where it's absolutely impossible to get caught up in impalpable goals that have little or nothing to do with leftism in general.

Who What Now posted:

It doesn't have to just one. There's a bunch of reasons why LA somehow is a huge city without a functional Occupy group still in existence(sections/suburbs still do, but not LA proper), one of them is poo poo that I just talked about.

Another is a concerted and sophisticated infiltration, in addition to flat out brutality. LAPD is pro at that poo poo, they've been doing it for decades and that's well documented.

There are other things, but you also had a certain amount of "It's about class and not race and anyone bringing up race or gender is a police plant trying to sow discord"

I'm honestly not sure where you're going with this other than reciprocating what I've already said. Could you elaborate?

The Insect Court posted:

The reality is that so much of "white privilege" or "male privilege" is said to be the sort of thing that no decent human being would really object to losing. Dismantling class privilege means attacking a system which provides the bourgeoisie with great material rewards, which is why self-described leftists love to bleat about how they'd have no problem with giving up the "privilege to commit sexual violence with relative impunity"(well, most of them wouldn't, there are a few exceptions...) but hate to talk about giving up their far more concrete and substantial class privilege.

Dismantling class privilege makes you less lovely of a human being, TIC. Nor does being in the class happy. America is one of the wealthiest countries in the world yet it's full of the most divisive, miserable human beings on the planet. Anything the left does that's coherent can only be a net positive for gay rights activists and feminist groups since, at worst, it'll scare the government into making concessions. What loving rock were you living under when you missed out on any historical context from the Gilded Age or the First Red Scare?

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
Is it for people to break away and start to start Liberal+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
lmbo we can't even agree the waltons are part of the problem can we? Someone would go "b-but Alice, Ann and Nancy!"

• Locked thread