Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
You fuckers need to post your in game contacts, the only goon I've been able to find thus far is spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

inkmoth posted:

I'll roll up an alt for the guild really soon. I saw some post on the official forums about a sidekick feature that will reward having an alt anyway, so I might as well start one and help the goony future.

Also, Al - if you have a chance to get online someday soon, we should run the boarthroom. I've got nearly enough keys and I think it will get us a haven bag gem. Not sure I can quite solo it with my sidekicks yet, but I think it's around the right level for both of our teams.

I'm lvl 20ish so if that works sure. But I think we both need keys for it.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I try to message you when I see you on, Ink, and I can run you through all of them... heck, I could run you and 4 others through at the same time :wiggle:

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

SpiDeR posted:

I try to message you when I see you on, Ink, and I can run you through all of them... heck, I could run you and 4 others through at the same time :wiggle:

See, I know you can, but I figured it might be fun to try to do it around the right levels too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

inkmoth posted:

See, I know you can, but I figured it might be fun to try to do it around the right levels too

yup thats what im thinking the same too.

Its not about the speed run its about the journey of getting there.

I got a pub group going earlier with some new people and we leveld up a bit and killed htis huge group of angry gooballs that was like lvl 100. It was super hard but fun.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Can you still buy subscriptions on Ankama's website? I'd like to get my hands on a snoofle at some point and a few dollars seems like a lot less hassle than many thousands of kamas, but even though you can still find pages to buy subs I'm half afraid I'm going to click and instantly buy a sub that now only works on the French server or some crap like that.

EDIT: drat, answered my own question. "That item is not available for your community." :mad:

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 7, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Today's advent calendar answer is the second box, it looks kind of like a brown piece of poo poo with a face wearing a santa hat.

Not really sure how I guessed it, but it looked like it could have a carrot shoved inside it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

inkmoth posted:

Today's advent calendar answer is the second box, it looks kind of like a brown piece of poo poo with a face wearing a santa hat.

Not really sure how I guessed it, but it looked like it could have a carrot shoved inside it.

\yeah haha good guess.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I don't know how well this'll work out, but attempt ahoy!
Goon Name List Google (Anyone with link can edit, so watch it)

Beginning of Otamai Quest List with same edit settings...

For the record, if you are grouped with a guildmate, you get 2 guild points per person per fight, no level requirements. So I ground 1000 guild points with my main and 4 gem trash accounts I use to multibox and got the theoretic goon guild leveling to 4 now (6 hours left). 1000 more points to get a bank tab! I'm trying hard to be excited, the main guild I'm in has people on 24/7 and just unlocked another bank tab at level 8/9 so this just seems slow.

I wonder how the new system will affect co-op? Wonder if they'll update certain challenges in the game like the Hurl Bag or just leave it as-is?
[edit] :downsbravo:

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 9, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

SpiDeR posted:

I don't know how well this'll work out, but attempt ahoy!
Goon Name List Google (Anyone with link can edit, so watch it)

Beginning of Otamai Quest List with same edit settings...

For the record, if you are grouped with a guildmate, you get 2 guild points per person per fight, no level requirements. So I ground 1000 guild points with my main and 4 gem trash accounts I use to multibox and got the theoretic goon guild leveling to 4 now (6 hours left). 1000 more points to get a bank tab! I'm trying hard to be excited, the main guild I'm in has people on 24/7 and just unlocked another bank tab at level 8/9 so this just seems slow.

I wonder how the new system will affect co-op? Wonder if they'll update certain challenges in the game like the Hurl Bag or just leave it as-is?

Are you sure I can edit with the link? I might just be retarded, but I can't seem to add myself.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Now edited to be editable :downsbravo:

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Hey NOX-ious goons, is anyone able to log in right now? I'm just getting a blank list of servers, and if I check the box to show all, I can see a version-mismatched spain server, but that isn't going to do me any good.

Edit: RIP that spain server, it's gone too.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's patch time.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
How do I join the guild btw?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Is anyone still active on Phaeris? If so I am willing to transfer most guild privileges. We still have sizeable assets on Phaeris in addition to our haven world and fairly high-level guild. With that said I would continue to advise against rolling there as the server's access for western users is hidden behind an obscure menu in the client, which pretty much guarantees it'll never see the same level of population it had when it was the only free version of Wakfu around, and ironically enough the server shows the same signs of neglect we used to see applied towards Nox and Remington.

How many people are still active in the Phaeris guild? I can't play on Nox since the irl friends I play with are from Scandanavian countries and can't get on Nox from the steam client.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Well guys, the update is live. Unfortunately, the Hero system isn't a part of it - just the class revamp and the new class for major features.

Patch notes indicate that we are also getting better wells (woo 100 water at once) and that Nox will see 6 Haven World auctions, though I kind of doubt either our mini-guild or our pubbie friends are large and powerful enough to claim one.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Al Borland posted:

How do I join the guild btw?

Which one? The pubbie guild where I invited Ink and other people that want 24/7 players? That's The Storm Syndicate and my main (and probably Ink) can invite anyone that messages me when I'm on. The low one that I'm trying to farm up to a have the bank tab at least, that's only got me in it... and that's when I'm on :/

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Zerilan posted:

How many people are still active in the Phaeris guild? I can't play on Nox since the irl friends I play with are from Scandanavian countries and can't get on Nox from the steam client.

there's still a couple of us playing, not sure where everyone else went. let me (ign: Tiny Torso) know if you or anyone else needs a guild invite. things are pretty slow right now to be honest, but the guild and haven world and such are still intact.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I can't choose Nox because Ankama thinks it's not an appropriate community for me. Ok then

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
You can get an account on the "wrong" server, but it takes some loving around. I made a Nox-enabled account for a friend in France by getting the username/password they wanted and making an Ankama account myself (US). So US goons can help Nox-blocked players, just be sure to change your password once the account's in the proper hands. :)

I don't know if there's any way to then use the steam launcher, but it works.

EDIT: You can also ask customer service to switch your region, apparently, but I've seen a lot of complaints about them being slow.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 10, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

mushroom_spore posted:

You can get an account on the "wrong" server, but it takes some loving around. I made a Nox-enabled account for a friend in France by getting the username/password they wanted and making an Ankama account myself (US). So US goons can help Nox-blocked players, just be sure to change your password once the account's in the proper hands. :)

I don't know if there's any way to then use the steam launcher, but it works.

EDIT: You can also ask customer service to switch your region, apparently, but I've seen a lot of complaints about them being slow.

As I'd love to have more Nox brothers, I'm willing to help out for this. I can get SA PMs and I'll make you an account if you PM me the details you'd like punched in.

Also, SpiDeR, I managed to complete the dailies with about 16m to spare, but I don't think the guild is actually training any bonuses right now. I'll hold off on tomorrow/today's until you get a chance to set a new one in motion. That said, I could just be hilariously misunderstanding the guild interface.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

inkmoth posted:

As I'd love to have more Nox brothers, I'm willing to help out for this. I can get SA PMs and I'll make you an account if you PM me the details you'd like punched in.

Also, SpiDeR, I managed to complete the dailies with about 16m to spare, but I don't think the guild is actually training any bonuses right now. I'll hold off on tomorrow/today's until you get a chance to set a new one in motion. That said, I could just be hilariously misunderstanding the guild interface.

Thanks for the offer, but Al already helped me out on IRC (I don't have PMs anyways)

Playing around on my new Eliotrope called Dachsie, and boy everything sounds pretty complicated. No idea how to build her, but I'll probably make her ranged/support/dmg

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Today's advent calendar is the gobball sheep if you didn't figure it out right away.

Sorry for the late response.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
After watching the tv show and most of the specials I decided I needed a xelor alt, because Nox owned. However, OP wasn't kidding about this class being completely :psyduck:. I've more or less figured out how the dial is supposed to work after bumbling around a little, and the description of various support skills is starting to make sense, but picking out powers is just making my head hurt.

The official forums go on and on about how worthless water's damage is (and AP theft for PvE). Originally I was thinking of doing some water/air combo, but I PvE and with sidekicks more often than not, and I'm not sure they're worth me spending my turns giving them AP with a bunch of secondhand gear. So I guess I'm better off doing fire/air? For now at least.

Still can't narrow it down much, everything in air sounds too awesome. Help?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How active is Remington compared to Nox?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

After watching the tv show and most of the specials I decided I needed a xelor alt, because Nox owned. However, OP wasn't kidding about this class being completely :psyduck:. I've more or less figured out how the dial is supposed to work after bumbling around a little, and the description of various support skills is starting to make sense, but picking out powers is just making my head hurt.

The official forums go on and on about how worthless water's damage is (and AP theft for PvE). Originally I was thinking of doing some water/air combo, but I PvE and with sidekicks more often than not, and I'm not sure they're worth me spending my turns giving them AP with a bunch of secondhand gear. So I guess I'm better off doing fire/air? For now at least.

Still can't narrow it down much, everything in air sounds too awesome. Help?

Hi! I have a xelor at lvl 125 and playing it breaks down like this:

active skills: max timekeeper and devotion asap. This is how xelors transfer mp to ap and distribute more ap to themselves or allies. This is also how your dial becomes a time battery. Dial is your bread and butter and savior. Get points into this immediately, but don't max it. Dial can be saved to be maxed at a later date. 5 points is enough, 10 for the reduced ap cost. Desynchro is an option here. PVP xelor is a must but PVE xelor can skip it to max their passives. Mummification is the coolest looking spell in the game, but it isnt worth maxing because its a revive in a game where all you need is kill.

passives: Max rollback and temporal prism asap. Rollback at max gives you a 20% chance to refund 1 ap next turn per ap you use this turn to a max of 3 ap. temporal prism is our damage amp, adding a ongoing 15% damage per different element you use each turn. Temporal waves isn't worth maxing as the bonuses at 20 arent that great. Master of Time gives you a decent Init boost but you max it for the %ap removal which overcomes not maxing Temporal Waves. Time Theft is the coolest passive but it's mediocre in pve and great in pvp when you have an ally. It allows a chance, when applying a status on an ally, to give that ally a stolen ap.

water: -ap only. Water skills will change depending which state of tick or tock you are on. water1 has the best %ap removal per level than the other skills but costs 3 ap. water 2 is how you give people a cool status or it has a chance to remove ap. Use this to set up temporal prism or the AP-transfer skill on allies. Water 3 is a more spammable -ap skill but its better used in conjunction with water 2 to steal ap. Water 4 is an aoe damage spell that isnt good at damage. water5 summons a little handy bot. use it to annoy things.

How water works: Water damage isn't great. use it to remove ap more and set up temporal prism more than anything. With maxed Time Theft, you can give an ally the status Temporal Focus, and then spam water3 on anything. that's right, anything including empty space, to transfer 1ap to the target with the status. This works because the spell will trigger -1ap even though there isn't a target to take ap from because the game code already said, -1ap. This is the main combo to begin giving allies a large amount of ap. This really only works though when you have maxed time theft.

air: teleportation and big damage, but costly. air 1 is a decent 3ap damage spell or its a setup for your teleportation gimmick. air2 is the trigger that afflicts a status to allow extra damage if you cause the opponent to lose init or ap. this is tied to fire and water, but better to fire. air 3 creates a stacking damage modifier that can be triggered by air2 to inflict it. 4 stacks (8ap) of 25damage plus the trigger (2ap) can deal 1 large amount of air damage. hilarious when it works. also other xelors can stack theirs on top of it and trigger it as well. air4 is your escape skill. not that great. allies can use the portals to be silly. air5 is the big damage nuke. if you target any cell that isnt a time cell created by dial, you lose the time cell and it does less damage. if you target a time cell, it deals extra damage and doesn't consume the time cell. this is an amazing damage spell.

how air works: air1 is decent air damage, it also sets up a handy teleport skill for allies. using air1 on a space next to a time cell allows creates a portal than when you use air3 on an ally or enemy, will teleport them to that space. it doesn't work if the target is stabilized. air2 is how the extra damage on fire works. when you inflict the status on an enemy, those -init modifiers on fire skills and the -ap on water skills will deal damage accordingly.

fire: damage damage damage. fire1 is the best single target damage spell you have. -25 init on tick and rebounds to another space within 2 los cells on tock. fire2 is a decent line damage spell. -init on tick and aoe on tock. fire3 is special because you can cast it no matter how much ap you have as it only needs 1 but deals damage per ap, up to 3 consumed per time. -init on tick and aoe on tock. fire 4 is a big aoe nuke that falls off in later stages when things get more big and tanky. -init on tick and aoe on tock. fire5 is worthless. disregard hydrand. useful only once.

how fire works: damage damage damage. air2 on tick and then any fire skill will deal bonus damage per init lost. use tock to get aoe spells.

how they all tie together: temporal prism encourages using all three elements per turn as it goes up to 100% and gives 15% at max per element used. water2->air2->fire1 is a strong standard opening that sets up your temporal prism. however, the general goal first and for most is to get as much ap you can through stacks of rollback and accelerator and deal as much damage as possible. no matter how much ap you have, the goal is to get down to zero. time keeper can save up to 3 ap if you find you can't use it. devotion is great at giving you that extra 2 ap to get things done. as ironic as it sounds, the main enemy of xelors is time as setting up and using all your skills can be time consuming and losing a damage stack because your time on your turn ran out can kill you.

building xelor: tri-element is the pinnacle to strive for. this is a late game build though. fire/air is the best skill set to level with, maxing air5, air3 or air 1 and air 2. maxing fire 1 is a must but fire3 or fire2 are great to max as well. you don't need to max any of the water skills but water 1 is your best damage in the tree.
xelors need in their equipment: ap, mp, range, damage, dodge, init, crit%, crit damage.

In sum: water is your damage mitigaion tree. the less ap the enemy has the better for you. air is your repositioning and nuke tree. fire is your bread and butter damage. word to the wise, get up to 10 ap as fast as possible. MP isn't as important to you as it is to other classes but is still handy.

hope this helps!

scaterry fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 10, 2014

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
It's not training anything this second because we need 1000 for the bank tab under 'level 4' and last I checked we had 200 guild points.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

scaterry posted:

Hi! I have a xelor at lvl 125 and playing it breaks down like this:

[completely awesome breakdown]

In sum: water is your damage mitigaion tree. the less ap the enemy has the better for you. air is your repositioning and nuke tree. fire is your bread and butter damage. word to the wise, get up to 10 ap as fast as possible. MP isn't as important to you as it is to other classes but is still handy.

hope this helps!

That post was amazing, thank you! :swoon: I couldn't find anything like that that wasn't from months ago and therefore possibly outdated. I'll be copying that into notepad for reference.

Does taking AP from enemies actually accomplish anything? What I kept seeing is that PvE enemies apparently have unreasonable amounts of AP and therefore it's not very effective, but again, months ago. (I'm a giant baby and don't have the heart for PvP.)

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

That post was amazing, thank you! :swoon: I couldn't find anything like that that wasn't from months ago and therefore possibly outdated. I'll be copying that into notepad for reference.

Does taking AP from enemies actually accomplish anything? What I kept seeing is that PvE enemies apparently have unreasonable amounts of AP and therefore it's not very effective, but again, months ago. (I'm a giant baby and don't have the heart for PvP.)

taking ap from enemies sometimes can mean the difference between the enemy getting 3 attacks in to 2 attacks in. that is an appreciable difference, but not until you get into later stages of the game. For example, taking away 4 ap from a boss, (Ambassador's Wing boss) will change her attack from an aoe and an single target freeze into a double single target. It also disallows her from doing her major nuke attack and her copy-a-person attack. It's useful, but you won't see an appreciable difference until later levels. Even then, the hypertension status response causes most attempts at mass ap removal to trend to, on average, 3-4 ap lost. Still though, less actions made by the enemy is better damage mitigation than block can be.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, never underestimate crowd control. Back in Everquest days I made liberal use of stun spells as a cleric to lock down adds. The pubbies would be all, 'nuuuuuu, use ur mana 2 healz!', not realizing that ten seconds of a monster not eating their face was saving more HP than using the same mana for a heal.

In other news, I snuck into Amakna to run the Sureberry Fields dungeon for the garden gem it gives if you do the achievements. It was very challenging to pull off since the boss is a fucker who is constantly spawning adds; I nearly lost the fight while going for the achievement of killing the boss last since he was in my face and spawning monsters that in turn spawned walls while all the other little bastards that I had to kill were hiding on the back row. I was down at 0 HP and just another turn from losing when I finally finished him off with sidekicks. But now I have some badass +AP amulets and nice gear that I'm too low level to equip and a garden gem, it was a really worthwhile time.

I also spent a few hours in Mordor killing stalagmite monsters for the lava eyes needed to feed the Steam phoenix. It helped level up the sidekicks and got three weeks worth of bird food. As a tip for other people who bought a Steam pack and have the phoenix, the lowest level stalagmite things weren't dropping eyes for crap, I had to move up to the tougher ones before I started getting a decent chance of finding an eye.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Glad to know stealing AP is actually relevant, even if only later on. :) I like support/messing around, even my ecaflip has support-y stuff from water and also the tarot passive to keep things interesting. Will probably be doing a lot of experimenting once I get more levels on the xelor, but for now fire/air does sound like the best option for babby's first build.

Valatar posted:

In other news, I snuck into Amakna to run the Sureberry Fields dungeon for the garden gem it gives if you do the achievements. It was very challenging to pull off since the boss is a fucker who is constantly spawning adds; I nearly lost the fight while going for the achievement of killing the boss last since he was in my face and spawning monsters that in turn spawned walls while all the other little bastards that I had to kill were hiding on the back row.

Yeah, that guy is horrible in every way. I am not looking forward to doing that again when my alts are leveled enough.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
anyone know the answer to today's puzzle? Its not the turkey :(

Apparently its the log....

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 11, 2014

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

How big is the goon guild currently? I'd like to start playing again if there are enough people to make it fun.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, that guy is horrible in every way. I am not looking forward to doing that again when my alts are leveled enough.

It was like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan, I had to slog through waves of lovely little summoned things to try to get to the back row while getting hit from all sides, it was a pain. In contrast, the other achievement where I ganked down the boss first thing was easy.

Al Borland posted:

anyone know the answer to today's puzzle? Its not the turkey :(

Apparently its the log....

That log's a European Christmas cake. That puzzle was aimed more towards the French; other people would probably not guess that the log was edible.

Partial Octopus posted:

How big is the goon guild currently? I'd like to start playing again if there are enough people to make it fun.

The guild that we're mooching off of is fairly sizable, I've never been online without at least five or so other people also online at the same time. There's a large percentage of pubbies in it, but as spider promised, they aren't annoying fuckups. I'm hopeful for getting enough goons to fill out a guild on our own, but we need more people to pop in before that can be a thing.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Valatar posted:

It was like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan, I had to slog through waves of lovely little summoned things to try to get to the back row while getting hit from all sides, it was a pain. In contrast, the other achievement where I ganked down the boss first thing was easy.

That log's a European Christmas cake. That puzzle was aimed more towards the French; other people would probably not guess that the log was edible.

The guild that we're mooching off of is fairly sizable, I've never been online without at least five or so other people also online at the same time. There's a large percentage of pubbies in it, but as spider promised, they aren't annoying fuckups. I'm hopeful for getting enough goons to fill out a guild on our own, but we need more people to pop in before that can be a thing.

We actually have a goon guild as well - for now though it sucks. Throw your alts in it, kill kitties and craft kitty keys once a day and help us make it not suck. Definitely park your main in the pubbie guild for now, though.
Edit: spider or I can invite you. My name in game is inkmoth as well.

Also, what level should I be to start hunting those lava eyes? My stockpile from the market is running low.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

inkmoth posted:

Also, what level should I be to start hunting those lava eyes? My stockpile from the market is running low.

With a couple of low-level sidekicks I was chewing through things no problem at 35, eventually hunting the level 50 guys when I'd find a solo one wandering around once I got comfortable with how the fights went and the sidekicks got some more levels in them. My Osa's 42 now, if I went back now I'd probably start taking on groups to try to hustle up the eyeballs.

inkmoth posted:

Guild stuff

I got promoted in the pub guild to not-quite-spy level 2, I think I can invite now as well if anyone who wants in sees me online. My characters are all on the Google doc.

Valatar fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 11, 2014

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Oh my god, other goons play this. What server are y'all/your guild in, and what's the guild called...? I'll make an alt as long as no one loving bothers me about leveling goals or PvP. :3:

Also, what's up with the new stereotypical starchild class? I haven't checked it out yet.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Freakbox posted:

Oh my god, other goons play this. What server are y'all/your guild in, and what's the guild called...? I'll make an alt as long as no one loving bothers me about leveling goals or PvP. :3:

Also, what's up with the new stereotypical starchild class? I haven't checked it out yet.

Laser beams fire and teleporting as far as I can tell looks cool.

We're on Nox those of us who are active. I'm fairly casual not in a guild yet although we have two you can join apparently.

I'm the amankaa faction or however it is spelled. Just got done running some dungeons with Dackel gonna crash for now though.

In game name is Gourmand Batard

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Freakbox posted:

I made one of those new Eliotropes on Nox. They look pretty fun, lots of nice potential. Great Aoe, nice mobility, cool utility. A bit intimidating at first with their conditional stuff, but you get used to it eventually I guess.

I've found this guide and seeing how it works out. Obviously will take a fair amount of levels to see what's really possible, but I enjoy it.

Also made a Panda, because they got their revamp with this update.

E: Put my character names on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Made a little note on the spreadsheet: Feel free to add other servers in there guys, I vaguely noted Nox first but anyone can add this junk in :goonsay:

• Locked thread