Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Casyl posted:

Is this referring to slicing nodes? Because I've made millions of credits the last couple of days running around Yavin gathering slicing and arch nodes and selling the arch mats.

No, there were chests giving 25k credits that you could do in a circuit and make tons of cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Got my hat. Now I can go play space-paintball

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Confirmed, the expac is live for everyone who bought it (I was able to train the last tier of UT), and Bounty Contract Week is on.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

There's a new SoR launch trailer for today: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20141209

Although, if they wanted to be true to the experience, the trailer should have been a guy standing in one spot for an hour waiting for a dude to spawn while an Assassin keeps killing it from stealth.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So I've never done Bounty week, anything cool that I should do for it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Oh hey, when you send your pirate gang marauding, then travel back to your stronghold, they're back when you return to Rishi. :D

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Sith Inquisitor story question: Is your ancestor Kallig's race ever mentioned/confirmed? I'm thinking of starting a Sorceror but I don't want to make it a Pureblood if Kallig turns out to be human :negative:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Sith Inquisitor story question: Is your ancestor Kallig's race ever mentioned/confirmed? I'm thinking of starting a Sorceror but I don't want to make it a Pureblood if Kallig turns out to be human :negative:

No. In fact Talos gets it right.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bear in the Woods posted:

There were chests on Rishi that gave about 20-30k credits per and would respawn in about the time it took to loot all the other chests. If you could get a consistent loop going you could make a lot of credits in a short time.

I think the slicing nodes are unaffected for now.

I'd be surprised if they changed the slicing nodes. They're giving out a lot of credits, but it's pretty appropriate-to-scale considering that the nodes in corellia gave out something like 1000-1500 each. The ones on Rishi are giving out about 1500-3000, so that seems right to me.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

No. In fact Talos gets it right.

I don't get the second part, but thanks. :cheers:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Archaeologist companion you pick up relatively late, if I got that name and context right.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

I see me, Storril, Oeddard, Symala, Arsit all made 60. Adonnta and Bedinok were close...Savarra and Adonnta, gonna make it by Tuesday so we can start doing some raiding? :)

I made it last night!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm 60 if you need a scrubby healer.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I actually have enjoyed Rishi thus far- to the point where I am not utterly dreading bringing Tswend, Iresme, and Inkarisa through it. I guess I should also run it on my pubs.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Well, I got 5 of my mans to 60 during the preorder period. It definitely does not take a long time to level up. I guess I was also lucky that I was able to complete the Revan fight without any major bugs on all 5 of them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

wtftastic posted:

I actually have enjoyed Rishi thus far- to the point where I am not utterly dreading bringing Tswend, Iresme, and Inkarisa through it. I guess I should also run it on my pubs.

Yeah, it's not too bad. I dig the look of the city on Rishi.

I just wish that pirate outfit didn't have a cape, because it would look baller on my merc, but it would clip through my correllian stardrive mount :(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So we're getting patch 30.b barely a day later. I wonder what they botched in the formal SoR release.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

pentyne posted:

So we're getting patch 30.b barely a day later. I wonder what they botched in the formal SoR release.

I saw a couple people on Rishii being very confused that their skills still cost money to train.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bedurndurn posted:

I saw a couple people on Rishii being very confused that their skills still cost money to train.

Well, crafting skills still cost money...

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, crafting skills still cost money...

No. They meant their class skills.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The patch notes aren't going up until after the patch which likely means it's an exploit. It might be the one where you can finish the 'wait 5 minutes' quest instantly.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Looking for an invite to That's No Goon on Veppers

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

How is leveling as a healing discipline go? For Combat Medic in particular? I'm just getting back into the game after a very long hiatus and am considering leveling as a healer a try.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Yestermoment posted:

How is leveling as a healing discipline go? For Combat Medic in particular? I'm just getting back into the game after a very long hiatus and am considering leveling as a healer a try.

Its not too bad if you have no levelling experience as a dps to compare to, by which I want to say: Don't do it, it sucks. Also respeccing is free now from what I heard.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

dogboy posted:

Its not too bad if you have no levelling experience as a dps to compare to, by which I want to say: Don't do it, it sucks. Also respeccing is free now from what I heard.

That's a relief. I played as Sith Assassin a while back when the game went first F2P and after realizing I sucked at tanking, I said gently caress it and stopped playing.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Oh god this. I never leveled as a DPS before but I did for SOR and now every time I do dailies as a tank spec Jugg, I die a little inside.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Not to sound cocky, but we took down the first boss of Ravagers tonight. Sure everyone died to adds after, but I think we got this poo poo on farm.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What gear would my new waifu Ashara look best in?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Login server is down apparently. Sweet.

Or is it?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Blhue posted:

Login server is down apparently. Sweet.

Or is it?

Up now, but going down again in 5 hours.

Can someone with more experience with servers and maybe games tell me why they need two hours to implement a patch? Considering the one we downloaded yesterday were just a few megabytes, it should be fast. But I have only patched Windows and games, never something that is worth real money. Just seems really long for a simple patch, in my not-experienced-with-this-at-all eyes.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can someone with more experience with servers and maybe games tell me why they need two hours to implement a patch? Considering the one we downloaded yesterday were just a few megabytes, it should be fast. But I have only patched Windows and games, never something that is worth real money. Just seems really long for a simple patch, in my not-experienced-with-this-at-all eyes.

I can't speak to MMOs specifically, but deploying a software release for a server-based application is not a "fire and forget" scenario. Regardless of the simplicity of the changes, or how much testing and verification was done in their quality assurance/user acceptance testing/whatever environments, they surely do testing and verification against the production servers and databases before letting the public in. The depth and breadth of that testing determines how much time it takes to certify a release beyond just deploying new code and restarting servers.

Deploying a release into production without verification before exposing it to customers will get you walked out of the building by security (because you have been fired) at a lot of places.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Dunno-Lars posted:

they probably have to migrate some stuff in their enormous crazy MMO databases and it's slow and scary

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Dunno-Lars posted:

Compiling

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Not to sound cocky, but we took down the first boss of Ravagers tonight. Sure everyone died to adds after, but I think we got this poo poo on farm.

Good luck on the second boss. It's absolutely insane in terms of difficulty spike from the first.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Good luck on the second boss. It's absolutely insane in terms of difficulty spike from the first.

We gave up on it on 16m. The damage was really out of whack compared to 8m. 8m requires some raiders who can pay attention to multiple mechanics. (Chances of a typical pug getting past the second boss is pretty much zero right now)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Patch Notes

quote:

3.0.0b Patch Notes
Items + Economy

All PvP Modifications sold on vendors are now Bind on Pickup. This includes Warzone and Ranked Warzone Modifications.

Literally everything. Were people buying PVP mods and selling them on GTN?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Now that they patched the fight, solo Revan was a faceroll. Outside of running those orbs around do you even have to do anything? It felt like I spent most of the fight stunlocked and yet never was at any risk of wiping.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

pentyne posted:

Patch Notes

Literally everything. Were people buying PVP mods and selling them on GTN?

Trading them across legacy I believe.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Trading them across legacy I believe.

No that's always been fine. They were selling them on the gtn and trading them to other people because they were bind on equip instead of bop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Now that they patched the fight, solo Revan was a faceroll. Outside of running those orbs around do you even have to do anything? It felt like I spent most of the fight stunlocked and yet never was at any risk of wiping.

Excellent, time to run it 8x for a legacy weapon for any potential companion.

• Locked thread