Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've never really played a Musou game before, other than a few random hours here and there in games friends bought, but I picked up Samurai Warriors 4 on a lark and I have been enjoying chronicle mode quite a bit. The problem that I am currently having is that my chronicle character, Hatsune Miku, seems to be maxed out? Level 50, and all my proficiencies (I think is what they were called) are maxed out. I'm also only something like 30% into the mode. Also, even on nightmare 95% of officers die in 1 4 hit combo from the great sword. Is this just how things are going to be? Should I switch characters and start levelling up 1 of the goons? Maybe just switch weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Failboattootoot posted:

I've never really played a Musou game before, other than a few random hours here and there in games friends bought, but I picked up Samurai Warriors 4 on a lark and I have been enjoying chronicle mode quite a bit. The problem that I am currently having is that my chronicle character, Hatsune Miku, seems to be maxed out? Level 50, and all my proficiencies (I think is what they were called) are maxed out. I'm also only something like 30% into the mode. Also, even on nightmare 95% of officers die in 1 4 hit combo from the great sword. Is this just how things are going to be? Should I switch characters and start levelling up 1 of the goons? Maybe just switch weapons?

SW4 is an easy game. You can try raising up other characters, or get their ultimate weapons, which let you raise your stats above the cap. If you want a harder time, try gimping yourself by using a poo poo weapon. (Though it's still pretty easy compared to other games, really)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lunethex posted:

Found a DW8 Empires video on Nico that shows off all the new attacks with the DLC weapons being made main weapons plus Xun Yu's stuff.

Loving the park bench that Liu Shan gets and the Mushroom palm tree Meng Huo has.

Do you have a link to a site that's actually watchable and that doesn't ask me to pay for more than 360p?

edit: Found one

Vincent fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 8, 2014

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Hitting people with a giant bench will never stop being great :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It sounds like a new BASARA game is being announced next year. Where can they go from here?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Might as well not even set it in Japanese history anymore, for how little 4 had to do with anything other than anime tropes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Set it in the future during the Neo Sengoku period.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Set it in the future during the Neon Sengoku period.
Fixed that for you.

I wonder why Saburo/Kagetora wasn't made a main character, since he has a rather prominent role in the Kanto and Echigo storylines. They even kinda/sorta gave him a unique character model.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Vincent posted:

I wonder why Saburo/Kagetora wasn't made a main character, since he has a rather prominent role in the Kanto and Echigo storylines. They even kinda/sorta gave him a unique character model.

I wondered the same thing until I realized that he'll probably be made playable in SW4-II.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

A place where all the characters are in the game, playable and have an associated stage would be nice. Also, some new characters that aren't associated with the Toyotomi army - as fun as they are, they're way over-represented, especially when the Tokugawa army only numbers two.

I miss Xavi and Hojo and Nou-hime. :(

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Five minutes showing off Bladestorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AIqYgMXfw. It's more like an HD remaster of the original game, except for that whole fantasy mode with the dragons and stuff. Like I recognize a lot of these menus even. You can swap between four squads with the d-pad now which is a great addition.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

straight jerkers posted:

Five minutes showing off Bladestorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AIqYgMXfw. It's more like an HD remaster of the original game, except for that whole fantasy mode with the dragons and stuff. Like I recognize a lot of these menus even. You can swap between four squads with the d-pad now which is a great addition.

:stare: I never realised how much I wanted to play this game with dragons in it. This looks like they added a lot more in it for sure, one of my original problems with it was how sparse it felt in content after a while.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I always thought that broadsword to the helmet part was a cool scene

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Is anyone in this thread playing the Japanese version of DW8 Empires and can talk about it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New trailer for DQ Heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrDM236kWY

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gonna be playing as Bianca all day erry day. Also there's just something wonderful and soothing about pretty much every Dragon Quest song, I have no idea what it is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I keep wishing these things had bigger cast lists.

Dynasty and Samurai warriors proper really have spoiled me.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I keep wishing these things had bigger cast lists.

Dynasty and Samurai warriors proper really have spoiled me.

Personally I'm holding out hope on a trailer announcing all the heroes at once. Mostly because it just seems super weird that we haven't had any of the classic heroes confirmed yet. I can live without the IX hero since that's Create-a-Hero territory, but I gotta have my I, III, and V heroes beating the poo poo out of everyone. And I guess the kids from V. Maybe Sancho too. I really like V.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shame I don't know DQ well enough to recognise any one apart from the couple from 8.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

TARDISman posted:

Personally I'm holding out hope on a trailer announcing all the heroes at once. Mostly because it just seems super weird that we haven't had any of the classic heroes confirmed yet. I can live without the IX hero since that's Create-a-Hero territory, but I gotta have my I, III, and V heroes beating the poo poo out of everyone. And I guess the kids from V. Maybe Sancho too. I really like V.

:agreed:

If they bring on more DQ5 characters I'll be a happy man.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DW8 XL Complete Edition is on sale today on Steam for 66% off, if you want to get your fix of Warriors on PC.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Policenaut posted:

DW8 XL Complete Edition is on sale today on Steam for 66% off, if you want to get your fix of Warriors on PC.

Have DW8 and XL on the PS3. Other than graphics, is there any substantial difference? Never actually played a warriors game on PC, but I've played everyone since 3 on the consoles :shobon:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nah, graphics are even the same as on ps3. we'll i guess we got japanese voices for free and idk the status of that on consoles

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Davincie posted:

nah, graphics are even the same as on ps3. we'll i guess we got japanese voices for free and idk the status of that on consoles

Yeah DW8XL has free (they've always been free for every game) Japanese VAs. But if there's really no difference, I'll stick to my PS3.

Still can't wait for empires though :fap:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't think this was posted. New One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sudEOMFyuk

Note the available platforms on the end title card.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you've got a Japanese PSN account, celebrate Christmas by downloading the Bladestorm: Nightmare demo for PS4 or PS3.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jibo posted:

I don't think this was posted. New One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sudEOMFyuk

Note the available platforms on the end title card.

Hahahaha Xbox never getting any Musou games ever again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

KingShiro posted:

Hahahaha Xbox never getting any Musou games ever again.

If you didn't figure this out like 2 years ago then I don't know what to tell you.

Just get it for Steam and use your 360 controllers.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Am I getting it right that from the three games available for Vita, only Warriors Orochi 3 is not getting another version (Empires etc.)?
I want to get one of them and Warriors Orochi is currently on sale.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Empires is its own standalone thing different from the base game and Samurai Warriors 4-2 is like an Xtreme Legends expansion pack they're selling as a full game to avoid getting sued, you could probably pick any one of the three and be good.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Wait, Samurai Warriors 4-2 doesn't contain the original content?
I thought it was a re-release/expansion.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It has a different story mode I believe.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jibo posted:

If you didn't figure this out like 2 years ago then I don't know what to tell you.

Just get it for Steam and use your 360 controllers.

No I know, it's just funny. Never touched the One Piece ones (couldn't get into the manga).

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The One Piece musou series is pretty interesting. The first game was fairly mediocre with some outright bad ideas, but it had some decent ideas (like making every character totally distinct). Then 2 came along and is basically one of the best Musou games when it comes to the pure mechanics side of things, with every character having FULL COMBO STRINGS (not just different charge attacks), multiple Musous, awakenings, status effects, all sorts of really cool poo poo. I can't wait to see what they'll bring to the table with 3, if they keep up the same level of improvement they did from 1->2 it's bound to be amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i just want mr. 2 to be playable

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Infinity Gaia posted:

The One Piece musou series is pretty interesting. The first game was fairly mediocre with some outright bad ideas, but it had some decent ideas (like making every character totally distinct). Then 2 came along and is basically one of the best Musou games when it comes to the pure mechanics side of things, with every character having FULL COMBO STRINGS (not just different charge attacks), multiple Musous, awakenings, status effects, all sorts of really cool poo poo. I can't wait to see what they'll bring to the table with 3, if they keep up the same level of improvement they did from 1->2 it's bound to be amazing.

If we get that level of improvement again it will easily be the best Musou game. I see a lot of OPPW in Hyrule Warriors and I'm interested in seeing if they bring anything over from there. A pirate Adventure Mode would be pretty awesome.

Endorph posted:

i just want mr. 2 to be playable

I doubt we will be getting as many new characters this time around but playable Doflamingo and Fujitora are good enough for me. If all the playable characters just came from the current arc it would be amazing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

As someone who's played every console DW, and SW 1, 2, and 4 to death each, is One Piece Musou 2 recommended? The only musou offshoots I've tried are Gundam 3 and Fist of the North Star. The latter I loved, the former I sent back in days. So right now spinoffs are hit/miss for me. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pirate Warriors 2 is really good, especially if you're a fan of the series, but it might be worth waiting for 3.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
A word of warning though, if you're a completionist, it's got one of the most boring slogs to unlock everything of any Warriors title. Not the hardest or the longest grind, but one of the most boring for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The most amazing Warriors game has now been partially translated.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 27, 2014