Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Guys, at least the new Blood Angels Captain Karlaen looks cool along with the super cool tac marine bits that GW came out with right? Looks like at this rate Blood Angels will be absorbed into the Vanilla SM Codex before long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JackMack posted:

Boon, no one else has mentioned but I really enjoyed reading your write up.

I just wrote up a real long entry on the third and favorite battle, then the window crashed and it was reset to this quote... so.... maybe later.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

quote:

Land Raiders lost Deep Strike

welp close the thread, 40K is dead to me.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Stanyer89 posted:

Looks like at this rate Blood Angels will be absorbed into the Vanilla SM Codex before long...

Nah, I'm pretty sure this brand new codex is a sign that they will continue to have their own codex.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Have, but not want.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Stanyer89 posted:

Guys, at least the new Blood Angels Captain Karlaen looks cool along with the super cool tac marine bits that GW came out with right? Looks like at this rate Blood Angels will be absorbed into the Vanilla SM Codex before long...

Just gives me hope that we might see new basic CSM kit next year sometime! PLEEEEEEAAAASE!?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

Mephiston is now 175pts.
WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv2+
artificer armor, plasma pistol, force sword, psychic hood, frags&kraks
Mastery3, ATSKNF, Fleet, Furious Charge, Independent Character(!)
Transfixing Gaze: Roll 2d6. If over enemy Ld in a challenge, Mephiston hits with all attacks on 2+.
Generates TWO powers from Sanguinary, Biomancy, Daemonology, Divination or Pyromancy. His thrid power is always Sanguine Sword, which is a 1charge blessing that makes his sword S10.

Like...he's cheaper, and an IC, but worse stats and an AP3 sword.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ghost Hand posted:

Just gives me hope that we might see new basic CSM kit next year sometime! PLEEEEEEAAAASE!?

Nope! Eat poo poo, Ghost Hand. You'll continue to assemble plastic CSMs with two leg styles, each of which is missing detail on the left leg below the knee and only come with a heavy bolter as their heavy weapon. You should really just be happy they come in 10-man squad sizes now instead of 8.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

That medic with the humongous syringe looks doofy as heck

He is better than the Cadian one. "Toilet paper sir?"

You'll all have to google as I am not clever enough to post images quickly. Not the metal one who is giving himself a mid battle blood infusion. The plastic one.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Uh, that's clearly not toilet paper, it's medicated bathroom wipes.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just faced a bloke who glued 4 normal mortars together on a 60mm base and called them quad guns :v: - eating 60 hits from those was a bit galling.

Still, he was a good sport. He called it at the end of turn 2 when my thunderfire and Orbital Bombardment killed all his command squads and 3 special weapon squads, and his death strike scattered into his own men.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

Sanguinary Priest 60pts
WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv3+
chainsword, narthecium, frags&kraks, power armor, blood chalice(+1WS to unit)
ATSKNF, Furious Charge, Independent Character
May take a bolt pistol for +1pt
May take items from melee weapons, ranged weapons, special wargear and Relics of Baal.
Corbulo - 120pts
WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv3+
narthecium, frags&kraks, power armor, bolt pistol
Relics: Heaven's Teeth (+1S AP- Melee, Rending), Red Grail (+1WS&I for everyone within 6", doesn't stack with blood chalice
ATSKNF, Furious Charge, Independent Character
Far-seeing Eye: One reroll per game for one of the following: Seize, Reserves, Scatter or to-hit/to wound/save

quote:

Which vehicles can take the Fast upgrade?

Any rhino-chassis that doesn't already have it. Rhino, razorback and baal start with overcharged engines, the rest gets it for 10pts. Land Raiders can't take it.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 9, 2014

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have any creative ideas on how to use the Tyranid contents of my Deathstorm box? I mainly picked it up because the Broodlord was pretty cool and I wanted a mini-rulebook, having never bought a 7E one. I expect to offload the marines at some point, making the rest of the stuff almost free. But now I have a bunch of Nid units that aren't a huge use to my army. I already have:

50 Genestealers (half of which aren't painted)
20 old-style Warriors all on 40mm bases
12 Carnifexes (including OOE and Stonecrushers)

The best I've come up with so far is to base my final Tyrannocyte as if it's just crashed, and have Genestealers pouring out the bottom of the pod.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Question about the Rapier Weapons Carrier out of IA13, and artillery in general, I guess. If you do a unit of three, do they all have to have the same weapon? For instance, in one 3-carrier unit could you have a one laser destroyer carrier, one heavy bolter carrier, and one conversion beamer carrier?

Badgersmasher
Dec 31, 2013
Had a fairly busy weekend; got 2 games in though both were mirror matches.

First game was Tau v. Tau @ 2000 points: My opponent was playing a static fire line w/ 3 broadsides, 1 ion riptide, and Longstrike supported by fire warriors and 3 units of marker drones. I opted to bring a more aggressive list; 3 units of fire warriors in devilfish, 3 fusion piranhas, 3 units of stealth suits, 20 kroot w/ sniper, Commander w/ onager gauntlet, commander with unit buffs, 2 body guards, and 10 gun drones.

Pretty much rolled forward and removed him from the table piece by piece w/ my infiltrating units keeping his marker drones occupied long enough to prevent him from stripping cover saves. Favorite moment of the game had to be when my warlord charged his commander and issued a challenge and one shot him with the gauntlet.

Second game was Sisters v. Sisters @ 2000: Honestly this game was as enjoyable for me as the first largely due to a misunderstanding on my part regarding the skill level of my opponent. I hit him with an alpha strike turn one killing an exorcist and a retributor squad and he never quite recovered his moment after that. By turn 5 I had him tabled and had 3 times as many objective points. Kind of felt bad about it. I did get to see how the Avenger Strike fighter performed but was regrettably not overly impressed.

Badgersmasher
Dec 31, 2013

Lord Thrust posted:

Question about the Rapier Weapons Carrier out of IA13, and artillery in general, I guess. If you do a unit of three, do they all have to have the same weapon? For instance, in one 3-carrier unit could you have a one laser destroyer carrier, one heavy bolter carrier, and one conversion beamer carrier?

Unless it specifies that they must be outfitted the same then you can give them whatever combination you want. Now generally it's best to give everyone the same weapon so they're all equally effective against the same style of target but that's mostly personal preference.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

AbusePuppy posted:

Uh, that's clearly not toilet paper, it's medicated bathroom wipes.

Given the grim darkness of the far future battlefield I would possibly need an occasional medicated bathroom wipe in the midst of battle.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Ghost Hand posted:

Please god! That kit is pretty shabby now. If they could turn out stuff of the quality of DV chosen, that would be a strong incentive to start a new army for me. Of course Khorne Berzerkers are even older, Noise marines, Plague marines, Thousand Sons are all about the same . . .

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nope! Eat poo poo, Ghost Hand. You'll continue to assemble plastic CSMs with two leg styles, each of which is missing detail on the left leg below the knee and only come with a heavy bolter as their heavy weapon. You should really just be happy they come in 10-man squad sizes now instead of 8.

drat you to Hell!

I will also accept.... Plastic Sisters of Battle.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

drat you to Hell!

Man I don't want plastic sisters I've sunk too much into these metal ones.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

drat you to Hell!

same, if only for a kill team

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

xtothez posted:

Does anyone have any creative ideas on how to use the Tyranid contents of my Deathstorm box? I mainly picked it up because the Broodlord was pretty cool and I wanted a mini-rulebook, having never bought a 7E one. I expect to offload the marines at some point, making the rest of the stuff almost free. But now I have a bunch of Nid units that aren't a huge use to my army. I already have:

50 Genestealers (half of which aren't painted)
20 old-style Warriors all on 40mm bases
12 Carnifexes (including OOE and Stonecrushers)

The best I've come up with so far is to base my final Tyrannocyte as if it's just crashed, and have Genestealers pouring out the bottom of the pod.

Sell them after christmas? Lots of people with some extra present money afterward.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

drat you to Hell!

Well if we wanna wish for the impossible I still want Plastic Kasrkin.
:colbert:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Ghost Hand posted:

This would have been a blindingly obvious step to basically anyone about a decade ago. For whatever reason, GW has decided that anything and everything will get a plastic kit before Sisters ever see even the slightest ray of hope- I mean, really, we're seeing multiple new resculpts of the Tacticals kit within a year, but absolutely bunk for Sisters? That's absurd.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Ghost Hand posted:

Who do we have to bribe/murder to make this happen? Between toying with the idea of a Sisters Allied Detachment and needing the transfers in general for my Marines, I need these to happen in order to facilitate all kinds of bad decisions on my part.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

AbusePuppy posted:

This would have been a blindingly obvious step to basically anyone about a decade ago. For whatever reason, GW has decided that anything and everything will get a plastic kit before Sisters ever see even the slightest ray of hope- I mean, really, we're seeing multiple new resculpts of the Tacticals kit within a year, but absolutely bunk for Sisters? That's absurd.

I think it is the old Dark Eldar situation. Instead of atrocious models they are simply ridiculously, prohibitively expensive metals with no variety, but the lack of tangible demand drives them to the back of the queue.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Someone made a funny and put it on youtube. This was brought to my attention on Dakkadakka, but it is still amusing in the context of the new BA codex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJwhS0-Y7U

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm looking at my plague marines and khorne berserkers and dreading the day when they get locked into elites for good. It probably won't be long now. Assault marine troops going is a big blow, and basically makes me give up doing a count-as world eaters army using them (a plan I've been having for a long time)

Dante is a murder machine now, and that's good. Mephiston is a cheap, killy IC; a stronger Kharn that is limited to AP3 unless you get lucky with psychic powers. He'd utterly punk Khan in a fight, though, but Abaddon will slap him around like a grot.

I have to say I'm a bit jealous of BA basically getting the old (meaning good) version of Furious Charge on many of their options. hitting first against MECs goes a long way toward being a viable melee build, and their fast transports help in setting up good charges and taking objectives. Not sure it'll be a 'competitive' book, but it seems fun to play.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Been awhile since I ventured into this thread. But I got the itch and was wondering if anyone knew when/if the thousand sons lists from forgeworld would be out, saw most of the other 30k heresy marine lists, but they were not on it?
I have plenty of time, just ordered some minis to start converting up, but hoping there were rumors or someone that might know if they are in the next couple of heresy books or even planned.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AbusePuppy posted:

people dont buy sisters models

there arent new sisters models because people dont buy sisters models

people dont buy sisters models because there arent new sisters models

:GW:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

AbusePuppy posted:

If by resculpts you mean 2 new accessory sprues?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Genghis Cohen posted:

Someone made a funny and put it on youtube. This was brought to my attention on Dakkadakka, but it is still amusing in the context of the new BA codex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJwhS0-Y7U
Bruva Alfabusa is legit. Not all his videos are my favorites, but the dude sent me all the soundbanks to make more Dawn of Awesome videos and made a stupid silly fan video a long time ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5A0YFQGEc

serious gaylord posted:

If by resculpts you mean 2 new accessory sprues?
The Blood Angels kit is a wholly new kit, as is the vanilla Marine kit. They're more than just accessory sprues, which rules. To be fair, Tac Marines were really showing their age; I'm surprised Assault Marines and bikers haven't gotten the same treatment yet.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Sephyr posted:

Mephiston is a cheap, killy IC; a stronger Kharn that is limited to AP3 unless you get lucky with psychic powers. He'd utterly punk Khan in a fight, though

I'm not so sure about that. Force weapons can't ID Kharn, and barring magic support, Meph is gonna need 4s to hit him. Meanwhile, Kharn always hits on 2s, will wound on 3s, and Gorechild is AP2, so no artificer armor save.

FoE
May 1, 2005
nothing really
So... do I just throw my close combat equipped non-jump pack blood angels in the garbage now?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Rash decisions based purely on speculation and "leaks" are the only option right now, especially as we have all the facts.

You probably should just throw out all of your plastic men right now actually

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

SRM posted:

The Blood Angels kit is a wholly new kit, as is the vanilla Marine kit. They're more than just accessory sprues, which rules. To be fair, Tac Marines were really showing their age; I'm surprised Assault Marines and bikers haven't gotten the same treatment yet.

Yea, the BA release seemed like a blindly obvious time to release a new Assault squad box.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

FoE posted:

So... do I just throw my close combat equipped non-jump pack blood angels in the garbage now?

I once threw an entire BFG fleet in the bin

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Now is a great time to buy red colored assault marines on ebay

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Mr.Booger posted:

Been awhile since I ventured into this thread. But I got the itch and was wondering if anyone knew when/if the thousand sons lists from forgeworld would be out, saw most of the other 30k heresy marine lists, but they were not on it?
I have plenty of time, just ordered some minis to start converting up, but hoping there were rumors or someone that might know if they are in the next couple of heresy books or even planned.

Still a ways out. They are currently in the "I have jotted a few notes down." stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

ZachAttack posted:

Yea, the BA release seemed like a blindly obvious time to release a new Assault squad box.

That's what I thought they'd do.

• Locked thread