Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The great fictional interns of Marissa, Gino, Eric and Andy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holy poo poo, this episode was incredibly painful, "lol"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Surface

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Zsinjeh posted:

Holy poo poo, this episode was incredibly painful, "lol"

Enhh wrong

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I think it was actually cool and good.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Hopefully that's a bone thing.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The_Rob posted:

I think it was actually cool and good.

I thought it was smart and cool.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Look at this grandpa not down with the street lingo

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

is it Andy who scours the web for us and our posting energy? You know, like Vibes. Andy? Vibes?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

It was funny and smart for sure

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

"That math checks out, professor." - The Nerd

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Earwolf dummies posted:

Something Awful used to be pretty great; their old instant-messenger pranks are still really fun to go back and read. But now? They're Something not good, if you ask me!
Whoa

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Hollywood Handbook is beginning to leak into other podcasts. Howard Kremer asked Matt Gourley to "Speak on that" 3 times on Who Charted today and the fast food joint in the new Superego ep is called "Hamburger Sandwich".

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Is it "Hamburger Sandwich" or "Hamburger Sandwiche"?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Tacier posted:

Hollywood Handbook is beginning to leak into other podcasts. Howard Kremer asked Matt Gourley to "Speak on that" 3 times on Who Charted today and the fast food joint in the new Superego ep is called "Hamburger Sandwich".

Wow those both sound like things invented by the pod cast holy wood hand book.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Wow those both sound like things invented by the pod cast holy wood hand book.

Speak on that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Canon got a little heated when talking about Inception. I still think it's Nolan's best, BUT it is emotionally cold. That's just a Nolan problem all over though. I'd like to see them tackle The Dark Knight because the last third of that movie is a whole lot of a mess.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

DrVenkman posted:

The Canon got a little heated when talking about Inception. I still think it's Nolan's best, BUT it is emotionally cold. That's just a Nolan problem all over though. I'd like to see them tackle The Dark Knight because the last third of that movie is a whole lot of a mess.

The woman on it is driving me away from listening. Like her long insistence that 3rd graders all know who Ariadne is.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Speaking of Wolfpop, I've been really enjoying Denzel Washington Is The Best Actor Of All Time Period - a strong entry in the podcast genre 'two funny friends shooting the poo poo'.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They've renamed Case Closed to The Conflict Corner, and doubled the number of demented strangers who have no business on mic.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That lady was straight out of central casting if they were looking for the perfect Matt Besser foil.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That whole segment had me squirming. You know that voice people use when they talk over each other? The guest talked like that nonstop.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Eltoasto posted:

The woman on it is driving me away from listening. Like her long insistence that 3rd graders all know who Ariadne is.

That really annoyed me. I'm British and we certainly didn't learn who Ariadne was in School. I don't mind revealing that yes I didn't know the name until this movie. It's the first time I ever wanted to write to someone to tell them they're wrong. I liked her a lot more in the Jerry Maguire episode at least.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH

mr.capps posted:

That whole segment had me squirming. You know that voice people use when they talk over each other? The guest talked like that nonstop.

I recognized her immediately from her appearance on Professor Blastoff a few years ago in which she was exactly as irritating, if not more so because she was on the whole show. It's been at least two years since I listened to that episode and when she started talking on I4H I immediately thought, "Oh no, it's this lady again."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

drat that's a big hat.

Also, with Affirmation Nation and this week's Lapkast, I feel like the Earwolf crew are coming for Paul Gilmartin of the Mental Illness Happy Hour.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

They've renamed Case Closed to The Conflict Corner, and doubled the number of demented strangers who have no business on mic.

Matt Besser should just spin that off to a separate podcast. The case closed sections just take all of the wind out of I4H. A new podcast could be something like Besser and a guest improviser who debate whoever they want. The improviser always has to take the opposite viewpoint. I dunno.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

GraPar posted:

Speaking of Wolfpop, I've been really enjoying Denzel Washington Is The Best Actor Of All Time Period - a strong entry in the podcast genre 'two funny friends shooting the poo poo'.

I think it's my favorite Wolfpop offering outside of You Talkin' U2 to Me

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That lady was straight out of central casting if they were looking for the perfect Matt Besser foil.

A anti-feminist libertarian Randian...who wants you to buy homeless people croissants and politely confront rude people in the coffee shop. It's the anti-Besser (besides the atheism) that instead of exploding to pure energy in a collision petered out in to a 20 minute bore again.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

A anti-feminist libertarian Randian...who wants you to buy homeless people croissants and politely confront rude people in the coffee shop. It's the anti-Besser (besides the atheism) that instead of exploding to pure energy in a collision petered out in to a 20 minute bore again.
you can't see it, but i'm reading this post in a kind of lowered pose so I won't give off an aggressive stance, ha ha ha!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Two Charted is consistently the best Earwolf podcast IMO and it's not even the main podcast. I couldn't stop laughing at Kremer describing Kulap and Scott's sex life when she played that FKA Twigs song.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Just caught the most recent ep of Reading Aloud and again it manages to crush in terms of an emotional ending.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Big Cool Guy, little kinda hosed up stupid car

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thomas Middleditch is hilarious and he's great on the Handbook (that's what we socal natives call it you know)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
:siren:NEW U TALKIN' U2 2 ME:siren:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

tnimark posted:

:vince:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

tnimark posted:

Not gonna lie, I was really happy when I saw those pics of the cast of Parks and Rec all sad because their show was over

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

don't call me daughter

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

tnimark posted:

I just got tickets for Sketchfest for U Talking U2 to me. I'm excited because I have no idea what it'll be about.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I just got tickets for Sketchfest for U Talking U2 to me. I'm excited because I have no idea what it'll be about.

If there's a q and a please take the opportunity to ask who the members of the band U2 are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

also, please ask if either of them know when paul f tompkins first heard of the band u2. thank you.