Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

computer parts posted:

Most of the Central American refugees settled in Mexico as well.
Yeah, Mexico, while certainly not heaven on Earth, is like what, the 12th largest economy in the world? It's a mess but it'd certainly be far better than most places. And you can get a cerveza.

I think even Japan has at least some foreigners making a toe-hold, though I think they would probably become more open to Japanese communities abroad before anything else. There's a lot of Japanese-descended folks in South America...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

there's also tons of Indians anywhere the British Empire had control. So yeah the idea that only the US and Europe don't get to be monoethnic is pretty bullshit.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
People complaining about "those other places aren't getting more diverse!" really mean "white people aren't moving there!" because remember, there's whites and then there's minorities.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Political Whores posted:

there's also tons of Indians anywhere the British Empire had control. So yeah the idea that only the US and Europe don't get to be monoethnic is pretty bullshit.

They leavened mixes with Malays pretty regularly too. (And smaller convenient ethnic minorities, but they had sort of a lot of South and Southeast Asians to spread around.)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Obama fears his own daughters will suffer from racism: President tells of concern

quote:

To: COUNTrecount

After seeing the way blacks talk about the Obama daughters, racism should be the least of his worries.

2 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:17:56 AM by cripplecreek (You can't half rear end conservatism.)

quote:

The only people who really care what zero says are the true believers in the ultimate power of the state for the rest of us he's an incompetent dangerous narcissistic Marxist, dedicated to destroying personal freedom and substituting bureaucratic control. Every dribble of diarrhea that squirts out of his mouth is nothing but noise for the advancement of government power.

8 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:22:58 AM by from occupied ga (Your government is your most dangerous enemy)

quote:

So...a black man who ascended to state senator, and then a two-term president of the United States is - in effect - telling his daughters, and other black youth, “if you have ANY problems in your life it will be because you are black.”.

Talk about setting up your kids!

I think blacks who actually rely on the content of their character generally succeed in their lives. It ain’t the color, it’s the attitude.

9 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:24:17 AM by FrankR (They will become our ultimate masters the day we surrender the 2nd Amendment.)

quote:

I sincerely hope his daughters suffer in some way that Obama is witness to.

11 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:26:12 AM by brownsfan (Behold, the power of government cheese.)

quote:

Sushi and Malaria will live a permanent life of privilege and security. They will be treated with deference and obsequiousness from an endless coterie of toadies and sycophants. The only racism in their lives will be that which they learn from their alleged parents.

14 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:30:01 AM by twister881

quote:

To: cripplecreek

Obama’s daughters will only suffer from racism if he continues to breed them.And he does that very well.

16 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:32:23 AM by puppypusher ( The World is going to the dogs.)

quote:

If you move them Africa they wont have to suffer,,,, just sayin’

18 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:33:47 AM by ßuddaßudd (>> F U B O << "What the hell kind of country is this if I can only hate a man if he's white?")

Racism? I don't see any racism here.

quote:

I just got in with it last night with a liberal on Facebook about all this supposed racism: SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE! Give me ONE single solitary example of racism between the police and blacks, where is it? A cop attempting to make an arrest after a black robs a store is NOT racism! Cops attempting to arrest a black man in New York city after he illegally sells cigarettes is NOT racism. A cop shooting a kid who points a toy gun at him is NOT racism. And of course this lib had to use those cases as “evidence” claiming the guy Michael Garner died because he “was choked on purpose” which is absolute BS. Liberals are SO obsessed with finding this phantom racism that they are believing it exists before any evidence of it exists. It’s like running around screaming Martians are here Martians are here, and when people ask “Where are the Martians?” you find out it’s all BS.

22 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:34:15 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Not all Muslims are terrorists but all Muslims are potential terrorists.)

Hee hee, dork!

quote:

Excuse me, Dorkbama.

You have mistaken me for someone who gives a sh**.

23 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:35:16 AM by Da Coyote

quote:

To: Da Coyote

Clown Prince nobama proves yet again that he is a racist hack loser. Without his affirmative-action life, he would be breaking into convenience stores with his bros. His daughters have twenty silver spoons in their always-angry mouths. What a joke this purported-family of losers is. A pathetic joke...needing constant ridicule.

24 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:37:57 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)

quote:

They will indeed suffer from racism—that is imbedded now in their own hearts from being raised by some of the most insufferably racist, arrogant and evil people on this planet.

26 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:40:29 AM by jimbug

Why isn't there a WET? :qq:

quote:

On BET?

What would happen if a white president went on a station called White Entertainment Television?

29 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:44:46 AM by envisio (Its on like Donkey Kong!)

quote:

To: fatnotlazy

“It will be a tragedy. They are pretty girls and probably very smart, but their heads will be filled with communist propaganda mush from their parents and maybe their school. Their upbringing borders on child abuse.”

You are a better person than I am. I want retribution, and I’ll take it however it comes.

As for the girl’s future, they’ll be more than fine. The Obamas will be so wealthy, that the girls will have to struggle to harm themselves.

31 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:46:22 AM by brownsfan (Behold, the power of government cheese.)

quote:

To: brownsfan

Dictators have more often than not met with violent ends, but I'll settle for Obama in an orange jumpsuit doing the perp walk.

Wouldn't also mind seeing Michelle sentenced to a life where she has to eat those school lunches she is forcing on our kids.

The daughters have done nothing to me. So I have no animosity toward them. I just feel sorry for them.

The daughters may not have anything to live on if an uncorrupted judge would order seizure of Obama’s ill gotten gains.

48 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:01:33 AM by fatnotlazy

No! Not Raw Carrots! :eek:

quote:

Obama’s daughters will be hurt much more by the misery their parents have caused for so many people during their time in the White House than by racism.

Every public school child in America is now being forced by Malia and Sasha’s mother to eat lunches of raw carrots and other unpalatable foods that they can’t stomach, which makes them go hungry for the rest of the day. An entire generation is building up an animosity toward the Obamas that their daughters will be burdened with for the rest of their lives.

We know Obama doesn’t care about the American people, their hungry school children, their permanently unemployed, but at least we thought he cared about his own daughters, but the evidence proves that he doesn’t.

59 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:31:38 AM by Bluestocking

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jagged Jim posted:

No! Not Raw Carrots! :eek:

I was working in an inner-city school during the early years of Obama's first term (the whole school watched the inauguration in the cafeteria), and let me tell you that a generation of young black children totally hate Obama because of their concerns over Michelle's nutrition advice. They had heard rumors during the election about carrots, and lettuce even, and let me tell you, the day of the inauguration and for weeks afterwards they were positively brimming with animosity.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Ahhh! I'm so miserable because of Obama!!!

Also sentencing Michelle to eat well-rounded meals for the rest of her life? Jeez man why not just have an eagle eat her liver for all of eternity!

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 9, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's one thing to be brainwashed by constant, thudding, conservative propaganda, but these guys have literally let themselves be brainwashed by McDonald's commercials.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
These people are the most pedantic, melodramatic idiots.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Their alleged parents? :raise:

Getting an early start on the Malia Obama Birth Certificate Controversy, I see.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

GreyjoyBastard posted:

More like they're so far down the rabbit hole that they actually believe that Obama is gay and Michelle is a transvestite so it's impossible for them to have children.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Well you see Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny :freep:

I will forever maintain that Freep's hate for Michelle stems from the shame boners they get when they look at her.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Nessus posted:

I think even Japan has at least some foreigners making a toe-hold, though I think they would probably become more open to Japanese communities abroad before anything else. There's a lot of Japanese-descended folks in South America...

They've actually done exactly this already and it's not really taking.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Well you see Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny :freep:

I will forever maintain that Freep's hate for Michelle stems from the shame boners they get when they look at her.

How does furiously masturbating while describing butt sex in great detail apply?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

How does furiously masturbating while describing butt sex in great detail apply?

Hey, they're NOT gay, man. NOT gay. In fact, I think YOU'RE gay for implying that they're gay for talking about hot, sweaty buttsex!

(they talk about buttfucking and feces more than any normal gay person ever would, it's weird)

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 9, 2014

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing like Freep handing out parenting advise in the season of "My stupid commie Liberal children won't even talk to me any more"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm about to piss off to lunch soon, but it looks like mixed emotions on the torture report. Blame Obama for releasing it (apparently he was against it), implied threats toward Sen. Feinstein, blame Obama for the torture, defend the torture, claim we should have gone further with the torture, praise the techniques ISIS/Daesh uses, deny that any of it actually happened, they're gonna be running around in circles for a while until JimRob steps in a lays down the official position.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

I'm about to piss off to lunch soon, but it looks like mixed emotions on the torture report. Blame Obama for releasing it (apparently he was against it), implied threats toward Sen. Feinstein, blame Obama for the torture, defend the torture, claim we should have gone further with the torture, praise the techniques ISIS/Daesh uses, deny that any of it actually happened, they're gonna be running around in circles for a while until JimRob steps in a lays down the official position.

And then zots everyone who held a different position :v:

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Who Is to Blame for How Black Males Are Viewed by Others?

This thread is amazing. It's all the stories about how freepers became racist.

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

I was raised by a man who broke the color barrier anyway he could in the 40s and 50s. He was white. So I assumed that I had no prejudice. And then someone I love was severely beaten by a black man and his girlfriend. Now I don’t think it’s prejudice. It’s street smarts.

5 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:51:03 AM by Mercat ("The sisters did not want to save the world. Someone already had.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
I think this would turn out exactly the opposite of how he expects.

quote:

Peoples’ perceptions are what they see and hear. Take a white guy and have his car break down in an all-black neighborhood and have a black guy break down in an all-white neighborhood and see which one gets a tow truck and which one gets an ambulance. More importantly, ask who’s racist based on the outcome of the experiment.

9 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:55:01 AM by econjack (I'm not bossy...I just know what you should be doing.)

quote:

To: Mercat

I got sucker punched by a black “teen” in a movie theater in downtown Ithaca, NY in 1964 when I was a tender 13. It’s a life lesson I haven’t forgotten once in the ensuing 50 years.

10 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:55:08 AM by ProtectOurFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

I could care less about Blacks anymore. It's been thrown in our faces so often the
actual point of Blacks being LAZY and Criminals, is missed completely.

And I don't give a drat if I "don't get it" or "understand". FUBO!

What I do get, is propaganda.
12 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:55:26 AM by MaxMax (Pay Attention and you'll be pissed off too! FIRE BOEHNER, NOW!)

quote:

So I'm in a Dunkin Donuts yesterday getting a $25 gift card and a coffee. A clerk was getting the card ready, while another was getting the coffee ready. In walks a black guy, he gets in line and yells- “Why the F*** are you holding up the F'n line???” So I turn around to see who this polite gentleman is, and I'm not surprised. I don't say anything as there a couple of other Ferguson types in there, and I did not feel like getting knifed. Had I been in there with a few friends, it may have been a different story. I did however proceed to finish up my tranasction at a much slower pace than usual.

They have been raised since birth to hate Whitey, mooch the system, and are completely devoid of manners or respect for authority. They have made a mockery of their entire race. Brilliant!
15 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:02:36 AM by petercooper (Liberalism = Amnesty = Open Borders = Illegal Immigration = Ebola = Obama)
A guy offered to help me, I said no and fled in terror!

quote:

To: econjack

When I was in school I was driving downtown where I worked one day, a young adult long blond hair. Poof, car breaks down in an all black neighborhood. I asked a number of people to call me a tow truck. No one would do it, people swarming around. One guy said I could come to his house and call one myself. I was not that gullible. This was the days before cell phones. I went to the glassed in lobby of an apartment building and stood there a minute. Lo and behold, Divine Providence! The elevator opened and another law student walked out. He was horrified that I was there, I did go with him up to his place, he called me a tow truck and stayed with me until it arrived. But yeah, no one was going to help me and I was definitely in danger.

16 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:03:32 AM by yldstrk (My heroes have always been cowboys)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

How young black males are viewed can be a learned response.

I have had three times where I was targeted for crime.

First - downtown Milwaukee. A young black man tried to wrestle my briefcase away from me on the street. He was unsuccessful.

Second - LA Airport. A young black man grabbed my wife's bag off the baggage carousel and ran for the door. He was unsuccessful.

Third - my home. A young black man broke my car window and stole electronics from my car. I caught him on my video system and the police identified him and tracked him down.

These are the facts. It has nothing whatsoever to do with racism. It has to do criminals trying to steal from me.
26 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:25:26 AM by Gabrial (The nightmare will continue as long as the nightmare is in the Whitehouse.)

quote:

To: ProtectOurFreedom

I was walking down the street (many years ago) and a black kid on a bike ride over to my side and grabbed my purse. I knew what he was going to do and held on tight. He didn’t get it. A white guy has never tried to grab my purse. Just sayin...

28 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:26:31 AM by ilovesarah2012
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]
This totally happened guys!

quote:

To: petercooper

Reminds me of what happened to me back in 1959 at Artesia NM. There was an ice cream and soda shop across the street from the school. One day I decided I wanted a soda so when the bell rang I outran all the kids to get there first and put in my order.
Then I heard it.
“You better hurry up you little M********r! You better hurry or I’ll f*** you to death!”
I turned around and there was the ugliest black girl I had ever seen in my life.
She continued to rage on me as the soda jerk took his sweet time getting my order.
Finally my soda came, I paid and as I was leaving she gave me another blast! “It”s about time you little M**********, I was about ready to f*** you to death RIGHT HERE!”

I was 12 years old. I never went back for another soda. In all my years in the oil camps I never heard anyone talk like that.

30 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:30:06 AM by Ruy Dias de Bivar (I survived I-35W through Fort Worth in Rush hour!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

The best friends I have are a black family that have kids the same age as mine and our kids have grown up together. His eldest son was graduating and they were having a hard time getting out of the house on time, so he calls me and says “can you get there early and save us four seats for the graduation ceremony?” So I did and placed four programs on the chairs next to me. It got full fast. Two black women looking for seats saw the seats reserved with the programs, threw two of them on the floor, and sat down while staring at me daring me to say anything. I told them I was saving these seats for friends. One of the “ladies” said “you can go f-yourself because we are sitting here now” in a voice loud enough where many heads turned to see what was going on. Before I could come up with a response, my friends showed up. I explained the situation to them and the father (black) told the ladies (black) I was saving the seats for them. They said “oh, we didn't know” and they moved. The father gave me a pained look and just shrugged his shoulders.

Read into this event what you will.
35 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:43:14 AM by Gabrial (The nightmare will continue as long as the nightmare is in the Whitehouse.)
There was a loud black guy in the grocery store, I felt my life was in danger!

quote:

Same thing happened to me at a Hannaford the day after the MB Grand Jury decison was made. I was pushing a shopping cart and walking into the store. There was this 300lb black man talking out loud to everyone. I moved around the store getting what I needed but he seemed to be everywhere I was. Nothing came of it. Whites are non-confrontational.

Not anymore!

37 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:44:00 AM by Uversabound (Our Military past and present: Our Highest example of Brotherhood of Man & Doing God's Will)
This guy is at least honest about his feelings.

quote:

To: All
The issue is not race, it is culture.

Call it what you want but as far as I am concerned that is just another meme. It just so happens that 'culture' is black. Which came first...
42 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:55:52 AM by Altura Ct.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]
Pretend I bolded this whole thing.

quote:

To: yldstrk

I had a somewhat similar experience. Flat tire in a black neighborhood. Not more than a minute after I got out and started the changing process, the local orcs started to form up across the street. Luckily, they dispersed after I violently rapped my tire iron several times against the wall of my truck bed. I looked several of them directly in the eyes the entire time I was wailing away. I have no doubt that they would have assaulted me - at the very least - had I not displayed aggression. It’s like a friggin’ jungle environment with these feral mutts.

44 posted on 12/9/2014, 8:06:53 AM by Basil Duke
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]
I have a black friend!

quote:

To: Mr Rogers

You’re right. My best friend in high school was a black guy named Charlie and he’d give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Still, I have two friends, both of whom have been mugged by young blacks, so it’s those incidents that jaundice the perception of all blacks. It’s not right, but people prefer to error on the side of safety. Until the black community changes their behavior from what we see in Ferguson, NYC, New Orleans, etc., people are going to infer from what they see.

56 posted on 12/9/2014, 8:46:20 AM by econjack (I'm not bossy...I just know what you should be doing.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What really happened:

Dude says he can come use his phone to call a tow truck.

Lady gets called out on her bullshit and gives up seat.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

Peoples’ perceptions are what they see and hear. Take a white guy and have his car break down in an all-black neighborhood and have a black guy break down in an all-white neighborhood and see which one gets a tow truck and which one gets an ambulance. More importantly, ask who’s racist based on the outcome of the experiment.

9 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:55:01 AM by econjack (I'm not bossy...I just know what you should be doing.)

Do they normally send ambulances to incidents where the victim is DOA? Although I do agree that this experiment makes it very clear who the racist is.

Showcase SHODAN
Apr 27, 2011

L-l-look at you, lard-ass. A puh-puh-pathetic creature of fat and dreams, panting and sweating as you run down the aisle. Ho-how can you hope to match the p-price on a perfect, brand new car?

quote:

To: Mercat

I got sucker punched by a black “teen” in a movie theater in downtown Ithaca, NY in 1964 when I was a tender 13. It’s a life lesson I haven’t forgotten once in the ensuing 50 years.

10 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:55:08 AM by ProtectOurFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Haha, that's so hilariously pathetic.

Also, "I was a tender 13?" God, these people are weird.

unnoticed
Nov 29, 2005

That's odd...
I've heard stuff like that before. "I got called a cracker 50 years ago and so black people are the real racists"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DrProsek posted:

Do they normally send ambulances to incidents where the victim is DOA?

Only a medical examiner/doctor/similar level of training is qualified to officially declare someone dead, short of specific signs (like massive trauma). So yeah, they might send an ambulance, if only for the EMT's to say "Yeah, she's probably dead" and transport her to a hospital for a doctor to say "Yeah, she's definitely dead."

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

1stGear posted:

Only a medical examiner/doctor/similar level of training is qualified to officially declare someone dead, short of specific signs (like massive trauma). So yeah, they might send an ambulance, if only for the EMT's to say "Yeah, she's probably dead" and transport her to a hospital for a doctor to say "Yeah, she's definitely dead."

:downs: Yeah in my hurry to make a joke I totally forgot that without an ambulance/EMT/medical professional, you can't call a victim DOA even if their face is blown off because it's best to not have people not trained in medicine making calls like that even in the really obvious cases, for when it seems obvious that they're dead but they're actually not.

Still though, Freeper's post was pee pee doo doo.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Do they normally send ambulances to incidents where the victim is DOA? Although I do agree that this experiment makes it very clear who the racist is.

I work in EMS(Texas) and I get sent out to these fairly frequently because somebody has to look at them and go "Yep, they're dead" and that just happens to be us.

1stGear posted:

Out here, the way it works is that EMS is called out. We roll up on scene and put them on the heart monitor and confirm that they're in asystole(flatlined). Once we do that, we call our doctor and say something like "Yeah, we've got a 76 year old female patient here, found unresponsive by family. Positive lividity/rigor/asystole/<other signs of death>" and the doctor responds with "Yep, sounds like they're dead. What time did you run the strip?" and that's that. They're now officially dead, time of death recorded as the time that we checked them on the monitor. We do not have to take them to a hospital for a doctor to pronounce.

Then we call out the JP(to handle all the paperwork issues) and the local funeral home(to pick up the body). Unless there's an autopsy request or the like, I don't think the body ever sees an actual doctor. I may be mistaken about that last part, though. My part in the affair ends when the JP's finished asking us questions and we leave the scene.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

quote:

I had a somewhat similar experience. Flat tire in a black neighborhood. Not more than a minute after I got out and started the changing process, the local orcs started to form up across the street. Luckily, they dispersed after I violently rapped my tire iron several times against the wall of my truck bed. I looked several of them directly in the eyes the entire time I was wailing away. I have no doubt that they would have assaulted me - at the very least - had I not displayed aggression. It’s like a friggin’ jungle environment with these feral mutts.

What? Are black people startled by loud noises? Did i miss a stereotype?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

RagnarokAngel posted:

That is easily one of the funniest and best FreepSTDH posts I have seen in a long time.

Its like he was watching KISS saves Santa and got to the part where "I know! Pterodactyls HATE loud noises!" and strumming the guitar sent them packing.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Literally just "my car broke down, a bunch of people came over, possibly to help, and I had to start threatening them with violence because they were black and I'm ascared of black people!" He even de-humanises them...

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

When I was in school I was driving downtown where I worked one day, a young adult long blond hair. Poof, car breaks down in an all black neighborhood. I asked a number of people to call me a tow truck. No one would do it, people swarming around. One guy said I could come to his house and call one myself. I was not that gullible. This was the days before cell phones. I went to the glassed in lobby of an apartment building and stood there a minute. Lo and behold, Divine Providence! The elevator opened and another law student walked out. He was horrified that I was there, I did go with him up to his place, he called me a tow truck and stayed with me until it arrived. But yeah, no one was going to help me and I was definitely in danger.

16 posted on 12/9/2014, 7:03:32 AM by yldstrk (My heroes have always been cowboys)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]
"And I don't care what the so-called LAMEstream Media says: that Mr. Dahmer was a durned nice feller!"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

I was expecting Olog-hai to have written this one, but alas...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Khizan posted:

Out here, the way it works is that EMS is called out. We roll up on scene and put them on the heart monitor and confirm that they're in asystole(flatlined). Once we do that, we call our doctor and say something like "Yeah, we've got a 76 year old female patient here, found unresponsive by family. Positive lividity/rigor/asystole/<other signs of death>" and the doctor responds with "Yep, sounds like they're dead. What time did you run the strip?" and that's that. They're now officially dead, time of death recorded as the time that we checked them on the monitor. We do not have to take them to a hospital for a doctor to pronounce.

Then we call out the JP(to handle all the paperwork issues) and the local funeral home(to pick up the body). Unless there's an autopsy request or the like, I don't think the body ever sees an actual doctor. I may be mistaken about that last part, though. My part in the affair ends when the JP's finished asking us questions and we leave the scene.

I'm in training for EMT-B and just forgot about calling medical control. Whatever minimizes bother to a doctor I suppose. :v:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
In NYC we just called medical control and declared them DOA if they were obviously DOA. NYPD would sometimes use this to game the system a bit by calling dispatch with a critical case for an obvious corpse so that they didn't have to wait for the county medical examiner to come and declare. They were mostly good dudes, but one time they called me to the W hotel for an obviously dead woman shoved under a bed and I called them a pack of assholes.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Do you know what I'd give to never find out what a freeper thinks "the way blacks talk about the Obama daughters" is?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So did Freep have any reactions to Obama appearing on Steven Colbert last night?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

I sincerely hope his daughters suffer in some way that Obama is witness to.

11 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:26:12 AM by brownsfan (Behold, the power of government cheese.)

Time for a visit.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

After seeing the way blacks talk about the Obama daughters, racism should be the least of his worries.

2 posted on 12/9/2014, 6:17:56 AM by cripplecreek (You can't half rear end conservatism.)

What the gently caress is this even referring to?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

[/quote]

Pedos?

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Pedos?

I honestly don't know if it's that or they think black people have a violent hatred of the girls or what. From context it's obviously negative, and I'm sure it both flies in the face of reality and is completely vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
A friend of mine on Facebook linked an article from the Detroit Free Press, whose address is freep.com. For a second I thought she was linking something from Free Republic.

Elim Garak posted:

I honestly don't know if it's that or they think black people have a violent hatred of the girls or what. From context it's obviously negative, and I'm sure it both flies in the face of reality and is completely vile.

It's either he thinks blacks are pedos, or that blacks think that the Obamas are, in the words of that political cartoon, "acting too white" and thus "traitors" to the black community. I'm trying to imagine what could cause it. My best guess is he overheard a black person saying that the Obama daughters were beautiful or cute and just assumed it was sexual, but I'm not going to spend any time trying to parse what Freepers think because I'll either just get angry or go crazy.

• Locked thread