Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

duckmaster posted:

Partially sighted players play too, so everyone wears a blindfold so they can't see a thing. Partially sighted players may be able to get an advantage from seeing the light of the sun and being able to orientate themselves more quickly than fully blind players, for example.

How many face shattering collisions are there per game? This seems like a horrible idea.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Very few. The players do still have ears ;)

Also, the audience have to be absolutely silent. It's fantastic.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RCarr posted:

How many face shattering collisions are there per game? This seems like a horrible idea.

Do they fake injuries, too?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

thespaceinvader posted:

Very few. The players do still have ears ;)

Also, the audience have to be absolutely silent. It's fantastic.

This must be an absolutely surreal thing to watch if you are used to European football crowds.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Do they fake injuries, too?

Yes, but they don't flop, they just yell out in fake pain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Big, tall safety fence = good idea.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Solice Kirsk posted:

BAHBAHBWOOOW

Concretefinger, he's the man
The man with the gorgon touch

Make sure you count how many fingers are left on each hand.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Say Nothing posted:

Why do I want to see that hit stuff? Like a show where they put everyday things on the track and film it with high speed cameras.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

That is one badass wedding ceremony.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Power Extreme!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What, no wheels on the helmet? Also, apparently rollerblades are bad rear end.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Best post all day

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

There is a crazy old dude that can do one finger zen though. This kid is just fronting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwcusSBRUY

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Gymnasts hate him

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

IslamoNazi posted:

There is a crazy old dude that can do one finger zen though. This kid is just fronting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwcusSBRUY

At least the kid didn't use the wall as a crutch :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo

Bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJNp5UKRtbQ

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Say Nothing posted:

This isn't looped, Chinese train spotters have a hell of a time trying to write down the train's number. :(

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Ak Gara posted:

This isn't looped, Chinese train spotters have a hell of a time trying to write down the train's number. :(

If that were Chinese, the train would have exploded half-way through the gif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vphy91fVwOA

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I've always loved this flash mob of Les Mis One Day More in Polish!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgCrhIevwU

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Cross posting from the cosplay thread.

CzarChasm posted:

Ummm...I think he wins.

Look at the hands and feet. That's a person, not a picture.
http://toybox.io9.com/this-isnt-a-drawing-of-the-silver-surfer-its-a-photo-o-1669735070/+riamisra

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I didn't ask for this.
There, I got it outta the way.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Countdown till Skynet becomes sentient

Capt. Morgan
Feb 23, 2006

Engineers testing a catapult escape system in Arizona, 1963. By Robert Sisson

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love how this tech just quietly chugs along with minimal fanfare, improving lives. Every time I see pictures or video the limbs have become simultaneously sleeker and more complex. Nice to see fancy tech that isn't either consumer gadgetry or for killing people.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Nice to see fancy tech that isn't either consumer gadgetry or for killing people.

Yet.

:black101:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

I love how this tech just quietly chugs along with minimal fanfare, improving lives. Every time I see pictures or video the limbs have become simultaneously sleeker and more complex. Nice to see fancy tech that isn't either consumer gadgetry or for killing people.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

No Smoking

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
http://i.imgur.com/VjZWdgG.gifv

Dunno what a gifv is, but it's not a fan of img tags, so click away. It's badass, don't worry.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Research Deus Ex then realize that even in 2000 a lot of its ideas were pretty old hat. This poo poo frankly wouldn't exist if there weren't consumer and military applications for it, military especially.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

TheBigAristotle posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VjZWdgG.gifv

Dunno what a gifv is, but it's not a fan of img tags, so click away. It's badass, don't worry.

.gifv is imgur's way of turning the naturally chunky .gif file into a well compressed auto-playing, auto-looping video format. If you want to post a .gifv here, just remove the 'v' and it's a gif.

Actual content:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

SomeJazzyRat posted:

.gifv is imgur's way of turning the naturally chunky .gif file into a well compressed auto-playing, auto-looping video format. If you want to post a .gifv here, just remove the 'v' and it's a gif.

Actual content:

This flip is amazing. If it was in a movie it would ruin the immersion for being too impossible.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IslamoNazi posted:

This flip is amazing. If it was in a movie it would ruin the immersion for being too impossible.

I know Kung Fu

*cue Juno Reactor*

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Unfortunately they are still very expensive. Not everyone can afford these prosthetics when they cost them an arm and a leg.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Equine Don posted:

Unfortunately they are still very expensive. Not everyone can afford these prosthetics when they cost them an arm and a leg.

:golfclap:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a photo of 58 year old Parliamentary sergeant-at-arms (which is a largely ceremonial role) Kevin Vickers returning to work today after he confronted and shot dead the Ottawa shooter. When Vickers heard the shots he immediately went to his office, retrieved his side arm and confronted the gunman. After the shooting he went back to his office to reload his gun in case there were other attackers on the premises and he then went and informed the Prime Minister “I engaged the suspect and the suspect is deceased."

And then he turned up to work the next day as he had every day for the last 8 years.

You can see the strain on his face. In the video he looks visibly shaken but he doesn't miss a fuckin' step.

I know this was from pages ago, but I watched this live as I worked out and had to stop because I was getting so emotional. I could watch this ten times and it would never get old. Everything about this footage, from Vickers' attempt to hold back tears to his obvious desire to acknowledge those who are calling out to him, to the extreme emotion on the young people's faces behind him (I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Canadian parliament to know what their role is)...this footage just gets to me on so many levels. This guy is a true, honest-to-god badass, possibly without even realizing he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I know this was from pages ago, but I watched this live as I worked out and had to stop because I was getting so emotional. I could watch this ten times and it would never get old. Everything about this footage, from Vickers' attempt to hold back tears to his obvious desire to acknowledge those who are calling out to him, to the extreme emotion on the young people's faces behind him (I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Canadian parliament to know what their role is)...this footage just gets to me on so many levels. This guy is a true, honest-to-god badass, possibly without even realizing he is.

+1

He's enough of a badass that after this he didn't write a book, or hit the talk show circuit, or give an exclusive interview. He went back to work. His 15 minutes of fame slipped by quickly and he made no effort to extend it or capitalize on it. That's awesome.