Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deadpool posted:

Don't read this if you don't want to be excited for tomorrow's episode. There's no real spoilers at all but it sure makes some of the things that have been speculated on seem like they may indeed happen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/12/08/review-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-proves-dramatic-capability-in-mid-season-finale/

They finally aired a good episode? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

VDay posted:

Iron Man's going to show up?!?!?!

Caulson out, Banner in. Agents of S.M.A.S.H begins next year.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

VDay posted:

Wolverine's going to show up?!?!?!

FTFY

Scorchie
Jul 24, 2014
I have one overwhelming hope for next episode and one only.

The Koenigs will be found worthy and take their revenge on Ward.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They're not actually allowed to call him by the name but Koenig is really Jamie Madrox.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Ambush Bug gets brought in from DC, Irwin Schwab finally gets some loving respect.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Finished Season 1 on Netflix, bought a pass for season 2 because hell if I'm missing another episode due to DVR conflicts.

Frankly, I was never that mad at Season 1, just bored enough to let it pile up. Really glad I came back to this show.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Don't read this if you don't want to be excited for tomorrow's episode. There's no real spoilers at all but it sure makes some of the things that have been speculated on seem like they may indeed happen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/12/08/review-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-proves-dramatic-capability-in-mid-season-finale/

Remind me what those speculated things are? I'm completely lost.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Hand of the King posted:

Remind me what those speculated things are? I'm completely lost.

At the very least I'm assuming that we'll see Attilan, confirmation of the name, and we'll also see at least one character (probably Skye) get Inhuman powers from the mist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bbf2 posted:

At the very least I'm assuming that we'll see Attilan, confirmation of the name, and we'll also see at least one character (probably Skye) get Inhuman powers from the mist.

I'm pretty sure that we'll find out Skye is Daisy Johnson and her dad is Mr. Hyde, the Koenigs are LMDs, and about Inhumans.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I'm excited for this coming episode, which is a thing that I wouldn't have that I would be saying during the first half of season one.

I also hope that the Inhuman thing happens, so we can move on from arguments about why it can't happen. :v:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Let's just double down here: they release the Terrigen Mist tonight and it turns out they are the royal family of the Inhumans, the upcoming movie is the series going to the big screen.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

e X posted:

Let's just double down here: they release the Terrigen Mist tonight and it turns out they are the royal family of the Inhumans, the upcoming movie is the series going to the big screen.

Oh my god. :vince:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If this thread doesn't have five hundred more posts by tomorrow morning I'll know none of those things happened.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

e X posted:

Even if they don't do that (make them the Inhuman royal family), just releasing the Terrigen Mist on the world would solve the problem of not enough super-people for CA: Civil War pretty quick. Of course, it sounds like this version kills regular people, but maybe that's been exaggerated.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Deadpool posted:

That one image is like, all I needed to see. Don't even need to read anything. Just the image. Mid-season finale has got me pumped, and I can't wait for March.

AbsolutelySane posted:

Even if they don't do that (make them the Inhuman royal family), just releasing the Terrigen Mist on the world would solve the problem of not enough super-people for CA: Civil War pretty quick. Of course, it sounds like this version kills regular people, but maybe that's been exaggerated.

...Wait. Isn't the Terrigen Mist toxic to non-mutants and non-Inhumans? I thought they were just playing it straight.

EDIT: Oh, you know what? I think they ARE playing it straight. Straight through to using Xerogen Mist against Mack as a defense mechanism and turning him into an Alpha Primitive.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 9, 2014

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

AbsolutelySane posted:

...what if...the movie version of Civil War is an argument about having to register Inhumans? The movie version doesn't has to follow the comic, does it? Wouldn't that make the movie version actually better? :v:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

imperialparadox posted:

...what if...the movie version of Civil War is an argument about having to register Inhumans? The movie version doesn't has to follow the comic, does it? Wouldn't that make the movie version actually better? :v:

It *would* neatly sidestep the whole licensing problem.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It *would* neatly sidestep the whole licensing problem.

Yeah, I'm among those who are skeptical they'd do anything that game-changing in Agents of SHIELD. Terrigen bombs that affect the entire planet would be super huge, as a plot development. Which feels like an Inhumans movie thing.

Not that AoS isn't doing Inhumans. They're clearly pushing towards that. But I'd imagine the terrigenesis will be isolated to a small area, perhaps just those entering the city, and will mostly affect Skye and Raina.

I'm sure it'll introduce the idea. But I agree with the argument they probably wouldn't release a movie premised on events depicted only in the show.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

My guess is the initial exposure will be limited to inside the city, with Skye and Flower Dress Lady getting powers. Then Hydra is going to get a sample of the gas and go crazy testing it on people to see what happens. Shield already had a huge database of people worth testing it of that Hydra has now.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Sammus posted:

My guess is the initial exposure will be limited to inside the city, with Skye and Flower Dress Lady getting powers. Then Hydra is going to get a sample of the gas and go crazy testing it on people to see what happens. Shield already had a huge database of people worth testing it of that Hydra has now.

So is Raina going to get flower powers or dress powers?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Maybe she'll magically get turned into a better character.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That one image is like, all I needed to see. Don't even need to read anything. Just the image. Mid-season finale has got me pumped, and I can't wait for March.

...Wait. Isn't the Terrigen Mist toxic to non-mutants and non-Inhumans? I thought they were just playing it straight.

EDIT: Oh, you know what? I think they ARE playing it straight. Straight through to using Xerogen Mist against Mack as a defense mechanism and turning him into an Alpha Primitive.

They are playing it pretty straight, yeah. Terragen stuff is/was toxic to normal humans, which would explain how both the city and the stone could, via DNA, kill people who were not worthy. The later Terragen stuff used in the comics was altered to not be toxic to humans. I think the original Kree plan for terragenesis was pretty much exactly what has been explained on the show, however. Terragen would be released and kill anyone who didn't have the right DNA.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The Kree are powerful, but nor omnipotent.

Jokes aside, I actually found her conversation with Skye last episode pretty great.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If it does go the Inhuman route I'm expecting Raina to get some disfigurement to go along with whatever powers she gets. One of her main skills is being a pretty face, and it would be interesting to make her cope with that changing.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bruceski posted:

If it does go the Inhuman route I'm expecting Raina to get some disfigurement to go along with whatever powers she gets. One of her main skills is being a pretty face, and it would be interesting to make her cope with that changing.

It would be a little redundant with Agent 33.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They're not actually allowed to call him by the name but Koenig is really Jamie Madrox.

That would be badass, and I'm totally down with it!

Phylodox posted:

If this thread doesn't have five hundred more posts by tomorrow morning I'll know none of those things happened.

There will be at least 500 new shitposts of "Oh no!" "Wow!" "Holy poo poo!" and the like, just as there is every epside.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, Agents of SHIELD averages around 125-175 posts overnight per episode. Flash and Arrow are a bit higher, except for the crossover episodes, which got around 300 posts per show.

Judging how exciting an episode will be based on the number of posts has become second nature at this point.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Phylodox posted:

No, Agents of SHIELD averages around 125-175 posts overnight per episode.

Judging how exciting an episode will be based on the number of posts has become second nature at this point.

That sounds about right to me. The number of new posts here by the time I get home to watch it has been pretty accurate in relation to how good the episode was all season long.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That would be amazing

But then Skye needs to be Layla Miller

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I like to imagine that there just a room somewhere in SHIELD base that has a giant vat full of Koenigs just floating around in some kind of orange liquid.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

David D. Davidson posted:

I like to imagine that there just a room somewhere in SHIELD base that has a giant vat full of Koenigs just floating around in some kind of orange liquid.

"What is that stuff?"

"Mostly Cheeto Flavored Mountain Dew. We did it to the second batch of Koenigs as a joke but it actually really grows on you."

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

VDay posted:

Iron Man's going to show up?!?!?!
Hulk is going to show up asking for Freddie Prinze Junior.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The Koenigs were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. And they have a plan.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What's your Security Clearnance, Citizen? Red? Sorry, Citizen, but that information is classified Ultraviolet.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The backstory behind their clone agent program producing a bunch of pudgy, snarky Patton Oswalts instead of an army of Mays or Wards could be an amusing episode.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Oh poo poo, here we go!!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Punch it Chewie!

Gonna need a gif of that thumbs up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003