Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Do you need the quest for the new relic drops, or can anyone get them regardless of where they are in the relic chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kuvo posted:

The MMO HMO › FINAL FANTASY XIV: Does yer yearnin' for punishment know no bounds?

Please make this change Chairman tia

Meanwhile, on the ~cash shop~ subject: the only one that sticks in my craw a bit is the Legacy event outfits being put up on the shop, rather than being made freely available to those of us who missed them in Legacy (like the yukata and clogs were for Moonfire). Moonfire left me hopeful they'd just rotate everything in for new players, but the way it's looking now, if you miss an event one year, you can get dunked. Don't quite know how I feel about that.

Of course the good news is that nothing I really want is in the paywall and I own the stuff I really wanted (read: Lightning outfit, summer clogs). And on that note, I'll admit that for a few outfits this might be the only solution, as there won't be a good excuse to run the existing crossovers again, so the cash shop really is the only option for keeping those items in circulation.

So yeah, I'm not too keen on the approach being taken to event outfits, but it's just like others said: I simply won't pay up. I have no real need for a reindeer outfit anyway, so whatever, it's not a ton of skin off my bum.

(The marriage tiers doesn't bother me at all, because everything I'd want is available from the free option and I think that's handled well. Besides, I don't plan on getting lala-married any time soon anyway :v: )

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

SpaceDrake posted:

Please make this change Chairman tia

Meanwhile, on the ~cash shop~ subject: the only one that sticks in my craw a bit is the Legacy event outfits being put up on the shop, rather than being made freely available to those of us who missed them in Legacy (like the yukata and clogs were for Moonfire). Moonfire left me hopeful they'd just rotate everything in for new players, but the way it's looking now, if you miss an event one year, you can get dunked. Don't quite know how I feel about that.

Of course the good news is that nothing I really want is in the paywall and I own the stuff I really wanted (read: Lightning outfit, summer clogs). And on that note, I'll admit that for a few outfits this might be the only solution, as there won't be a good excuse to run the existing crossovers again, so the cash shop really is the only option for keeping those items in circulation.

So yeah, I'm not too keen on the approach being taken to event outfits, but it's just like others said: I simply won't pay up. I have no real need for a reindeer outfit anyway, so whatever, it's not a ton of skin off my bum.

(The marriage tiers doesn't bother me at all, because everything I'd want is available from the free option and I think that's handled well. Besides, I don't plan on getting lala-married any time soon anyway :v: )

What legacy outfits are only available in the shop now? The only things I remember were previous events.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

On the other hand, in other games when you miss an event you're just sunk. I'm happy I can pay a couple bucks to get a fun outfit I missed a year earlier.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I just looked up the next stages of the Relic quest. Holy loving poo poo. I need to get HOW much Materia? Alexandrite? Why?

WHY!?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I would pay bux for the legacy chocobo helm for sure.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm pretty excited that Wanderer's Palace is actually going to get a Hard Mode in 2.5, when I'd written it off as impossible.

Just give me a full version of the WP theme. That's all I need to make it to Heavensward.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

HiKaizer posted:

Do you need the quest for the new relic drops, or can anyone get them regardless of where they are in the relic chain?

Everything I've seen so far points to needing the quests flagged to get the drops.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Yukari posted:

What legacy outfits are only available in the shop now? The only things I remember were previous events.

Specifically: Sweet Dream, Reindeer, Howling Spirit. All three are from the 1.0 version of the game. Snowman and Wailing Spirit, meanwhile, are actually from very early in ARR's patch cycle and were last year's Christmas and Halloween outfits. I don't have those either because I was lazy about events back then :v:

Moldy Taxes posted:

I'm pretty excited that Wanderer's Palace is actually going to get a Hard Mode in 2.5, when I'd written it off as impossible.

Just give me a full version of the WP theme. That's all I need to make it to Heavensward.

Being a SCH fan and a huge dork for Nym I am also super pumped for more WP. Hopefully we get more info about Nym's fall and how the War of the Magi in Eorzea went down.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Moldy Taxes posted:

WP hard mode: the scholar quest guy convinces you to dress up as a tonberry for some reason. Now, you must fight your way past waves of manic relic farmers in order to escape from Wanderer's Palace.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

SpaceDrake posted:

Specifically: Sweet Dream, Reindeer, Howling Spirit. All three are from the 1.0 version of the game. Snowman and Wailing Spirit, meanwhile, are actually from very early in ARR's patch cycle and were last year's Christmas and Halloween outfits. I don't have those either because I was lazy about events back then :v:
All of those were available during last year's Christmas and Halloween events in ARR.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Every seasonal event item from the 1.0 days was made available the first time the same seasonal event happened in ARR. The Halloween event was the first one to take place in 2.0, so now that we've come full circle I guess they've decided "well everyone's had a chance to get it so it's time to cash shop this shiz".

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Everything I've seen so far points to needing the quests flagged to get the drops.
The items you get from the dungeons go into the key items part of your inventory, they're fully part of the quests.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So I'm a bit late to the relic grind. I'm just starting the atma->animus part. I know that FATEs belong to "sets" in the sense that only one FATE from each set can spawn at a time, or something like that. Does anybody know if anyone has documented this anywhere? As in, if I wanted to do Giant Seps, what FATEs should I clear out to have a better chance of that one spawning?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

So I'm a bit late to the relic grind. I'm just starting the atma->animus part. I know that FATEs belong to "sets" in the sense that only one FATE from each set can spawn at a time, or something like that. Does anybody know if anyone has documented this anywhere? As in, if I wanted to do Giant Seps, what FATEs should I clear out to have a better chance of that one spawning?

None, if you don't park your rear end there he's dead less than a minute after he spawns.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
You know for all my talk of how easy this last relic stage will be compared to the Nexus stage I'm still sitting here staring at a duty finder window with Aurum Vale selected and

I can't

quite

hit the queue button

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Meiteron posted:

You know for all my talk of how easy this last relic stage will be compared to the Nexus stage I'm still sitting here staring at a duty finder window with Aurum Vale selected and

I can't

quite

hit the queue button

Casual :rolleyes:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
It turns out this dilemma is solved for me because there's massive lag in instances now and I just 90ked out of a wanderer's palace after having 15-20 second lag on all actions for half the dungeon

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Meiteron posted:

I can't

quite

hit the queue button

i guess you just don't want it bad enough then

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm gonna start on Dragoon relic starting tonight, personally. Starting from Zenith.

Got a BLM Animus book out right now, though, with zero objectives completed. I don't suppose you get soldiery back for giving up on a book, do you hahahaha why am i even asking? (You can at least ditch the animus book for a new one, right?)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meiteron posted:

It turns out this dilemma is solved for me because there's massive lag in instances now and I just 90ked out of a wanderer's palace after having 15-20 second lag on all actions for half the dungeon

Yeah, I 90k'd this morning trying to into the house. Patch day. :shrug:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
There isn't nearly enough whining in this thread about literaly dungeon atma...

Wait...

Did you all :gitgud:?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Yeah, I didn't have any lag issues during the day, but was lagged out and disconnected from a ct2 run this evening. I don't know if it's a SE thing or a Sony thing though.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Belzac posted:

There isn't nearly enough whining in this thread about literaly dungeon atma...

Wait...

Did you all :gitgud:?

Nope, still running EOS and cross-classing fracture.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cross class fracture is really good though

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ciaphas posted:

I'm gonna start on Dragoon relic starting tonight, personally. Starting from Zenith.

Got a BLM Animus book out right now, though, with zero objectives completed. I don't suppose you get soldiery back for giving up on a book, do you hahahaha why am i even asking? (You can at least ditch the animus book for a new one, right?)

Just do the book, no refunds. You can trash it whenever you want though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

what is the best anime to watch while relic grinding

edit: asking for a friend

edit2: i lied it's me

edit3: tokusatsu is fine too i like kamen rider

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Cromartie High or Nichijou to distract you from the fact that you're spending hundreds of hours chasing for a slightly shinier video game weapon

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

Azumanga Daioh. Impossible to be angry with that on.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Has anyone else been having severe difficulties trying to download the new patch? I keep getting a server is not responding error.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rei_ posted:

Squid Girl

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

bonewitch posted:

Cromartie High or Nichijou to distract you from the fact that you're spending hundreds of hours chasing for a slightly shinier video game weapon

Don't forget the fact it gets variably less and more shiny as you progress.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm just getting to Ramuh ex, i'm a monk, and while knowledge of the fight has disseminated to the point where everyone seems to know the mechanics right out the gate, no one can do the add phase, something i'm having particular trouble with

what happens is;

adds, i go into the water, ramuh starts to cast thunder, i have to stop hitting the add, run out of the water, dodge the people standing on the edge of the island so that i don't zap them and they don't zap me, see if it's actually my responsibility this time to break chaos, and keep my grease lightning stack up, and then we just never get enough DPS in

this seems unnecessarily difficult, there's gotta be a better way!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah that.

Although Nichijou is another good suggestion.

Since you like actiony costume tokusatsu stuff you'd probably like Tiger and Bunny.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Tarranon posted:

I'm just getting to Ramuh ex, i'm a monk, and while knowledge of the fight has disseminated to the point where everyone seems to know the mechanics right out the gate, no one can do the add phase, something i'm having particular trouble with

what happens is;

adds, i go into the water, ramuh starts to cast thunder, i have to stop hitting the add, run out of the water, dodge the people standing on the edge of the island so that i don't zap them and they don't zap me, see if it's actually my responsibility this time to break chaos, and keep my grease lightning stack up, and then we just never get enough DPS in

Ramuh just really, really sucks for melee. It was even worse for DRG pre-buff because a thunder with like 2 orbs up oneshot them.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
There are catboys and there are catmen. Catmanhood is attained by being simply the classiest.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tarranon posted:

what happens is;

I just did this the other day as a monk and yeah that's basically how it goes and there's nothing you can really do to make it any better. Sucks. :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

a kitten posted:

Yeah that.

Although Nichijou is another good suggestion.

Since you like actiony costume tokusatsu stuff you'd probably like Tiger and Bunny.

Tiger and Bunny is great.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DapperDuck posted:

There are catboys and there are catmen. Catmanhood is attained by being simply the classiest.

:swoon: Too bad I'm already lesbian catgirl engaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rei_ posted:

the tatami galaxy

• Locked thread