Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I watched the videos and he was deffo a cool guy to be around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ryan was funny and good and it really is a pity he is not with us as he would have some things to say about games today.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

seriously i am listening to a bombcast now and it's just a wasteland of silence from dan while they talk about a pc games. he is cool but he needs to be able to hold court on topics that aren't wrestling, console games and "crazy dan thing of the week"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

seriously i am listening to a bombcast now and it's just a wasteland of silence from dan while they talk about a pc games. he is cool but he needs to be able to hold court on topics that aren't wrestling, console games and "crazy dan thing of the week"

Does he?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

You have AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Dan not taking part in the inane, psychotic drivel you heard last week with a slightly different theme, is one of his strong suits IMO, and it worked well for him with Game Informer as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[voice of 22 year old with fake looking goatee:] It doesn't have that, you know, ... real polish... gamers are looking for... in these days and age. Remember on PC Engine when
[Dan Ryckert remains appropriately silent.]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The reason Jeff, Ryan, Dan, Vinny and even Brad are the guys you like to hear talk is because they know that when your talking out loud your supposed to talk like a person and not like the Professional Game Reviews or Articles you write.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Giant Bomb Drinking Game:

Anytime Patrick says "Ludonarrative Dissonance" take a shot and hope Dan starts talking soon.

Anytime Patrick writes "Ludonarrative Dissonance" kill yourself why the gently caress are you reading a Patrick article.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I do not think that is a real word. It sounds like something you would make up for your thesis. The Ludonarative of Tetris and the Folly of Man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Psycobladder posted:

I do not think that is a real word. It sounds like something you would make up for your thesis. The Ludonarative of Tetris and the Folly of Man.

It was probably recently made up by some game journal man but that's how this language works so, you gotta deal with it.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I don't even know what it means, I refuse to look it up because it sounds dumb. Scoff worthy indeed.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Patrick Klepek: Fez is ostensibly a Darksoulsian take on the classic 2d puzzle game, which is then flipped on its side.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I hope that's not a real quote.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can't wait.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Psycobladder posted:

I hope that's not a real quote.
Fake. No 'tropes'.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hate the last two weeks because I was living in a nice world where I listened to the Bombcast and watched Quick Looks and UPF's and never really experienced Patrick. Now I have and I hate everything.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

"Ludonarrative, a compound of ludology and narrative, refers to the intersection in a video game of ludic elements — or gameplay — and narrative elements.[1] It is commonly used in the term Ludonarrative dissonance.[1][2][3]

Video game theorist Tom Bissell, in his book Extra Lives (2010), notes the example of Call of Duty 4, where a player can all but kill their digital partner during gameplay without upsetting the built in narrative of the game.[3]"

mario is the hero but he stomped all those goombas to death what if Mario is a bad guy??????????? *big wet fart*

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

If you ever find yourself thinking about ludonarrative dissonance; stop. Call up your parents and apologize for everything.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Mario is a mass murderer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i hope Patrick Klepek gets captured by ISIS, the terrorist organization

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

or is sacrificed on a necromantic ritual so Ryan Davis can return to the world of the living

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

or is sacrificed on a necromantic ritual so Ryan Davis can return to the world of the living

Wouldn't Ryan be forever trapped in Patrick's body? Or would he just be like a skeleton or a zombie or something?

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

So basically you use it when you can't suspend your disbelief.Patrick is the guy that always points out the horror protagonist in a movie is dumb and unrelatable. Sounds like the part of his brain that allows people to have cognitive dissonance is broken.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Wormskull posted:

Can't wait.

Does anyone really watch either the gay podcast with Patrick an Alex or Patricks Gay YouTube LPs?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

which one was ryan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Three Cookies posted:

which one was ryan
the fat one

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

A Meat posted:

Wouldn't Ryan be forever trapped in Patrick's body? Or would he just be like a skeleton or a zombie or something?

Ryan would look like Spinal from KI with the sweet red bandana.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

more specific

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

he had a beard

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

did he like dota

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I bet his casket was a hard carry.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Three Cookies posted:

did he like dota

no

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Does anyone really watch either the gay podcast with Patrick an Alex or Patricks Gay YouTube LPs?

To my estimate it's the weekly thing with the longest run on the site.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

cenotaph posted:

I bet his casket was a hard carry.

Eat a dick, loser.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Here's what Brad looked like just one year ago.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

mario is the hero but he stomped all those goombas to death what if Mario is a bad guy??????????? *big wet fart*

smb is a good example of a game avoiding ludonarrative dissonance, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

so is hotline miami