Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

aherdofpenguins posted:

I'm playing the JPN version of Smash, and I'm in event mode. For some of the events, it says something like, "Hidden route condition: Allows you to play as ???????" or something like that. I unlocked Falco in the very first one, but I have no idea how I did it. What the hell are these? Are they like hidden conditions that I have to meet to unlock characters?

It's the opposite. If you unlock characters you get more events, so like you need to unlock Game and Watch to get the events where you play as and against him. If you think you finished all the events go unlock characters and come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

I made an Ike rage quit similarly on 3DS:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8557RTXPg

To be fair I would have ragequit too, because that was some bullshit. Great reversal of fortune, though.
Unrelated, but I noticed how you recovered twice from red spark launch right next to the edge, was this recorded before they gutted vectoring?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's the opposite. If you unlock characters you get more events, so like you need to unlock Game and Watch to get the events where you play as and against him. If you think you finished all the events go unlock characters and come back.

MY JAPANESE SUUUUUUCKS

Thanks!

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Heran Bago posted:

I bet Mewtwo will be the only DLC. Maybe a stage or two.

Hey, man - sorry to break it to you, but I think you might be really, genuinely challenged/stunted if this is what you earnestly believe.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!

Cicadas! posted:

To be fair I would have ragequit too, because that was some bullshit. Great reversal of fortune, though.
Unrelated, but I noticed how you recovered twice from red spark launch right next to the edge, was this recorded before they gutted vectoring?

Yup just before the patch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ometeotl posted:

How do I make a ceiling on a custom stage without the spawning platforms dropping us on top of it on death.

What if you put lava on the top?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was my first thought, but it just drops you onto the lava.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I really want to get better at this game and wish that the loving online didn't suck. The time dilation is loving horseshit.

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up

Phone posted:

I really want to get better at this game and wish that the loving online didn't suck. The time dilation is loving horseshit.

Online rules. You just need better internet. As an east coaster, I've played europeans and japanese without a hint of lag.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Silver Sound posted:

Online rules. You just need better internet. As an east coaster, I've played europeans and japanese without a hint of lag.

In NC, the telcos have made it illegal for local municipalities to roll their own fiber. As much as I hate TWC, I don't think that my connection is the limiting factor in watching the hundredths place tick down:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Phone posted:

In NC, the telcos have made it illegal for local municipalities to roll their own fiber. As much as I hate TWC, I don't think that my connection is the limiting factor in watching the hundredths place tick down:

Goddamnit Phone, I live near your (for less lag) and I message you on Steam multiple times of week trying to play Smash with you online. LET ME HELP YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tatsuta Age posted:

Goddamnit Phone, I live near your (for less lag) and I message you on Steam multiple times of week trying to play Smash with you online. LET ME HELP YOU

Oh hey, it's jski. It's not my fault that Steam is a colossal piece of poo poo. Let's play, dude.

LET'S FUCKIN' PLAY

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I've had mostly good experience with online, and understand that this is probably the best way to handle laggy connections. That said, they really need to patch it to understand that this 2 minute match is on pace to take 10+ minutes and let people drop out without punishment. That's what pisses me off the most about it.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
I've had lag in maybe 2% of online matches and I've got the most basic internet package. My Wii U sits about 10 inches away from my router, so maybe that's the key.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

when they add Professor Layton in as a DLC character early 2016, what do you think his moveset will be like?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

mabels big day posted:

when they add Professor Layton in as a DLC character early 2016, what do you think his moveset will be like?

dream on

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I have 20 meg internet and my wii u sits like a foot away from the router as well, set to wifi, and probably 85% of my for-glory matches are fine. 10% of those have an occasional lag spike and the other 5% are unplayable. I don't touch any mode with more than two players though, those are all awful.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No way you guys get no lag. Even with great connections it'll always be a second or so input lag. I'll take that over the slide shows that make me want to just quit. Then don't play at night or youll get only Japanese matches with terrible lag. Japanese love trolling and stalling matches too for some reason.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

RBX posted:

No way you guys get no lag. Even with great connections it'll always be a second or so input lag. I'll take that over the slide shows that make me want to just quit. Then don't play at night or youll get only Japanese matches with terrible lag. Japanese love trolling and stalling matches too for some reason.
A second of input lag? Jesus. That would be absolutely unplayable. I'd definitely quit after one match if I was dealing with that. The slideshow would be way better, 'cause at least then you could... react. To anything.

I only have the 3DS version, but most matches there is absolutely no perceptible lag at all. I don't have a super special good connection or anything and it works flawlessly for about 80% of my fights. Same when I did coop with a friend online on his Wii U.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I have an ethernet adapter and a wired controller and I still get lots of really bad input lag, but it's not a regional thing. I can have playable matches against friends across the continent but people geographically closer give me so much input lag I need to schedule everything a year in advance. I even put the wii on our router's DMZ and I still get bad input lag. I think being a match's host gives you an input advantage over being the guest to join the game. I don't know a solution to this problem.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Reiley posted:

I have an ethernet adapter and a wired controller and I still get lots of really bad input lag, but it's not a regional thing. I can have playable matches against friends across the continent but people geographically closer give me so much input lag I need to schedule everything a year in advance. I even put the wii on our router's DMZ and I still get bad input lag. I think being a match's host gives you an input advantage over being the guest to join the game. I don't know a solution to this problem.

Upgrade your router or your internet package. It works fine for me.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sorry Sushi D my friend chose a level so bad god wont forgive him

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
I'm running my wii u on the wireless and while there's a little input lag it's not a whole second like people are saying. Smash might not be GGPO but the touch of input lag that it currently has doesn't seem that bad.

EDIT: Anything with more than 2 people is a total crapshoot though.

Waverhouse fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 11, 2014

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

When are we getting that Miiverse stage?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

F. Lobot posted:

The only thing we've heard about it so far is "post launch", same as tourney support.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope they put in touch controls for the menus in that update as well. It's a crime not touching the menus.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope they put in touch controls for the menus in that update as well. It's a crime not touching the menus.

Seriously what the gently caress is up with that

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Sakurai better patch in menu tilting with the c stick

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I keep trying to do it when I'm betting on matches on the Gamepad. It's an annoyance every time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
SomethingAwful Forums poster Maple Leaf, I'm calling you out

F. Lobot posted:

As soon as they've filtered through the thousands of awesome/profane posts to pick the most sanitized and boring

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

SomethingAwful Forums poster Maple Leaf, I'm calling you out

Man, what'd I do this time?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

Man, what'd I do this time?

You didn't get in smash and fight me

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

You didn't get in smash and fight me

Let's fix that, I guess.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
weird that it suddenly lagged out

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

My ISP had a hiccup. It looks fine now if you want to keep going.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

My ISP had a hiccup. It looks fine now if you want to keep going.

Sure sounds good

I'm kinda glad that happened I was getting loving wrecked haha

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
The range on Samus's f-tilt is pretty sick nasty, and it's fast and not easy to punish. Maybe this is the key to top tier E3 Samus

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is my last one for tonight Maple Leaf, I need to try to get some more math in haha

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think a lot of Samus's power comes from her down-tilt, which is a perfect launcher into all kinds of aerials. dtilt to fair is quick damage, dtilt to bair is a killer around 100. dtilt to up-B kills off the top of the screen around 100%. I think charge shot has fewer startup frames in the air so a dtilt to charge shot kills too. Her dtilt is weird but it's very much a launching move and a setup for aerials. Her zair is really good for spacing and keeping people at range when you don't want them up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Good games, Maple Leaf

Also, accept Sofia Coppola's friend request, they sent you one like a week ago for your game :v:

I'm guessing the vacuum sphere can't be cancelled out by normal attacks?

• Locked thread