Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm colourblind, i trust Cisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

What? Flash is the one wearing the red costume..
Wait, have you not seen what color Barry's speed streak is?

hiddenriverninja posted:

How are his clothes not vaporizing? Some kind of... Fire Force?

It's actually called the Firestorm Matrix! :flashfact:

So, even without the stinger, it was obvious that Wells was Reverse Flash because of what he told Caitlin and Cisco ("Wanna tell me how Ronnie is alive?"). The only way he could have known that is if he was the one fighting Barry outside of STAR Labs. As for the not super healing thing, you can probably attribute that to the fact that Eobard Thawne (which might be his real identity) was the lead professor at the Flash Museum and knew everything about Flash and his powers, and therefore knew exactly how to use them.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

It's one of those things that I didn't pay attention to consciously, but now that you guys mention it, yes, I have indeed seen it to be yellow.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Scyantific posted:

I can kinda understand it, since they do call Flash the Red Streak and whatnot. But yeah, the lighning effects that Barry throws off are definitely yellow, and red for Reverse Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

So, even without the stinger, it was obvious that Wells was Reverse Flash because of what he told Caitlin and Cisco ("Wanna tell me how Ronnie is alive?"). The only way he could have known that is if he was the one fighting Barry outside of STAR Labs. As for the not super healing thing, you can probably attribute that to the fact that Eobard Thawne (which might be his real identity) was the lead professor at the Flash Museum and knew everything about Flash and his powers, and therefore knew exactly how to use them.

It wasn't immediate. Pretty sure they all had a debriefing first.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I got the impression Wells was trying to throw off suspicion by saying "I know your cells can regenerate at an incredible rate" and then getting badly hurt. Perhaps he doesn't regenerate for some reason (different source of power, power stolen, power comes from suit etc) or he can control it but it's a nice touch if so.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Martout posted:

I got the impression Wells was trying to throw off suspicion by saying "I know your cells can regenerate at an incredible rate" and then getting badly hurt. Perhaps he doesn't regenerate for some reason (different source of power, power stolen, power comes from suit etc) or he can control it but it's a nice touch if so.

Throw off whose suspicion? I don't think anybody even remotely suspects him of anything in-show. Oliver is the only person so far to acknowledge he's shady as gently caress.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah this show is amazing im really impressed.

Best super hero sequence since the smallville with Clark saving Lois (or was it the blonde?) from the red queen and it was literally like a comic book panel, with each flash of the alarm strobe being a crazy demonstration of supermans speed and power.

That for some reason struck me as the greatest interpretation of super speed to a normal person.

And now I'm seeing a very cool fire storm and a straight up scary reverse flash

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah this show is amazing im really impressed.

Best super hero sequence since the smallville with Clark saving Lois (or was it the blonde?) from the red queen and it was literally like a comic book panel, with each flash of the alarm strobe being a crazy demonstration of supermans speed and power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqnnqD4F6E

And he was saving her from the White Queen, the Red Queen was Ma Kent.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh man, until that last minute I was all prepped to come in here and have an argument about how Wells could still be the Reverse Flash. "The Zoom in this episode was clearly from something like five years down the line," I'd say. "But if he has temporal powers then he wouldn't necessarily heal as fast." And when someone talked about the containment scene, "He was clearly taller than Eddie in that face off." And then the kicker, "What better way to throw off suspicion of both Barry and the audience than by beating yourself up when you know that you'll survive it?"

Thanks a lot, Flash! Now what are we going to talk about?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Any scene involving Iris is unbearable, but I like scenes involving Barry's dad and Joe.

As for Caitlin's motivations, not sure what the problem is. She pretty much spelled it out: she found out that her fiancee is alive and tried to help him get his head straight so that he doesn't end up in the STAR Labs containment cells.

What I do want to know is Firestorm's motivations for being at STAR Labs and helping out Barry in his fight, and why Reverse Flash couldn't just dodge his fire blast.

Don't want to be too negative but here are Caitlin's actions that episode.

Sees a furtive shadow late at night. Chases it. Its her dead fiance, alive. Doesn't react as much as runs away. Proceeds to hide him from Wells. Chases him with Cisco, after swearing him not to tell Wells. Confronts her obviously unstable fiance. Some sort of fire flame erupts, I guess he ran away? Breaks down and cries about him being alive. Continues to hide him from Wells. Sees him attacking a bad guy with fire (why is he following the team again when he wants to be alone again?), watches him fly away.

Some of that is out of her hands I guess (Firestorm flaming into the distance), but the hiding stuff and the emotional beats didn't work for me. Secrets and the nonsensical reasons why people have them is a huge problem with the Flash, which again, I generally am a fan of.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Spergatory posted:

Throw off whose suspicion? I don't think anybody even remotely suspects him of anything in-show. Oliver is the only person so far to acknowledge he's shady as gently caress.

More and more it's been shown that people question his motives at the very least, so, future suspicion I guess? It felt like such a deliberate line, along with "Detective THAWNE".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Don't want to be too negative but here are Caitlin's actions that episode.

Sees a furtive shadow late at night. Chases it. Its her dead fiance, alive. Doesn't react as much as runs away. Proceeds to hide him from Wells. Chases him with Cisco, after swearing him not to tell Wells. Confronts her obviously unstable fiance. Some sort of fire flame erupts, I guess he ran away? Breaks down and cries about him being alive. Continues to hide him from Wells. Sees him attacking a bad guy with fire (why is he following the team again when he wants to be alone again?), watches him fly away.

Some of that is out of her hands I guess (Firestorm flaming into the distance), but the hiding stuff and the emotional beats didn't work for me. Secrets and the nonsensical reasons why people have them is a huge problem with the Flash, which again, I generally am a fan of.

She actually saw his face in her window first, she wasn't just chasing some random guy in the parking lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

She actually saw his face in her window first, she wasn't just chasing some random guy in the parking lot.

And you can't blame her for running away as he sort of burst into loving flame when she confronted him.

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
I understand not telling Wells too, potentially reintroducing an unstable, mentally ill dude to the person who is to blame for his condition seems like it could backfire.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caitlin has to go bad at some point too. Should be fun.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Rocksicles posted:

Caitlin has to go bad at some point too. Should be fun.

I don't think the show will do this.

As for Reverse Flash, I still think it's Eddie. That stinger was awesome but I smell misdirection.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

ComposerGuy posted:

As for Reverse Flash, I still think it's Eddie. That stinger was awesome but I smell misdirection.

Let's be honest, we could have Wells in a clip putting the suit on, running over to punch Barry at the precinct with his mask down and the suit on while Eddie is standing there, handcuffed to the wall, and some people will still ask, "How did Eddie manage to make it look like Wells might be the Reverse Flash? More time travel?"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Haven't read the thread yet, here's what I thought:

This episode did a lot of good work for Barry. His confession to Iris went about as well as it possibly could have and went a long way towards making him less creepy and more like just a guy who likes a girl. He already had a crush on her before moving in, so any "pseudo-incest" complaints are totally washed IMO. And they also gave what I thought was a really, really good excuse for why he never told her how he felt. Losing both your parents is a pretty good reason to become paranoid about losing your loved ones. He was also just totally honest and straight-forward about it and then at the party he acted fine, too.

Also Eddie's "gift" was bullshit. It seems really cool, but it's not actually any kind of real commitment. If they break up, she'll just move out. A real commitment would be moving into a new place belonging to both of them. I'm not saying Eddie's bad or anything, he's just more mediocre than he seems.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

One more thing I thought of, in the ending teaser when Wells said, "Merry Christmas," he was definitely addressing the audience.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Random Stranger posted:

One more thing I thought of, in the ending teaser when Wells said, "Merry Christmas," he was definitely addressing the audience.

Dr Wells is Ambush Bug.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ComposerGuy posted:

Dude, she's absolutely going bad. She's Killer Frost.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's genetically programed to seek out Firestorm. They are doing it, just a matter of when.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Dude, she's absolutely going bad. She's Killer Frost.

In the comics. Felicity is a firestorm character who has nothing to do with Arrow in the comics. The shows don't have to do exactly what the comics do.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

Me too. Much like they are very aware of comics readers' knowledge for the fan service-y bits (FLASH RING) I think they are using that knowledge to lay down some red herrings, like RF maddogging Eddie.

I've heard it said that the producers don't intend to do Killer Frost but on the other hand fire vs. ice is awful tempting. I do wonder what their long term plan with Firestorm is going to be, if he's going to become a regular member of the team or just a dude who shows up for a two-parter every season.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Honestly when I saw the ring I thought it was revealing that Wells was Barry from the future, who disappeared to fight Reverse Flash.

Too bad that only lasted like a second, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basically I have no idea what is going on.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

zoux posted:

Me too. Much like they are very aware of comics readers' knowledge for the fan service-y bits (FLASH RING) I think they are using that knowledge to lay down some red herrings, like RF maddogging Eddie.

I've heard it said that the producers don't intend to do Killer Frost but on the other hand fire vs. ice is awful tempting. I do wonder what their long term plan with Firestorm is going to be, if he's going to become a regular member of the team or just a dude who shows up for a two-parter every season.

Well, "not doing Killer Frost" could mean any number of things. It could just mean she's not gonna turn into Evil Super Villainness Killer Frost, but she may still get powers? Really who knows, they're going crazy with the lore on this show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In any case, if it's going to happen there's going to have to be a second Big Bang.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Hollismason posted:

Dude, Tachyon's are involved, of course there's going to be time travel.

Wait, what if it's a mash up.

Original Time Line -> The Flash is born from a freak electrical storm that gives him powers, -> The Crisis Happens , The Flash Disappears -> Wells travels back through time -> New Time Line -> Well studies the Flash and learns how to take his powers -> The Flash still disappears -> Wells turns into the Reverse Flash and travels through time to make a "stronger" Flash who can survive the Crisis.

Like this has all happened multiple times , with Wells going back in time each time to create a new problem for The Flash in order to make him stronger.

Wells could still be Eddie from the future who traveled back in time to make Barry a better hero because he needs a stronger Flash to help save Iris or to make me happy, Wells is a time travelling Jay Garrick who needed to make Barry.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

In any case, if it's going to happen there's going to have to be a second Big Bang.

I'm actually anticipating this being the season one cliffhanger.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Episode 10 promo

Title, Revenge of the Rogues :flashfap:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Who were the SWAT team that tried to take down Reverse Flash? Does STAR lavs just have private black ops dudes on call? They looked and acted like Thawne and West were in command, but then they had a scene where they talked about how only "the two of us" knew about metahumans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Who were the SWAT team that tried to take down Reverse Flash? Does STAR lavs just have private black ops dudes on call? They looked and acted like Thawne and West were in command, but then they had a scene where they talked about how only "the two of us" knew about metahumans.

It was Eddie's task force.

They know about Flash but I guess not that there's a lot more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Episode 10 promo

I'm assuming like Merlyn in Arrow, the first season will wrap up the Wells/Reverse Flash arc because this show needs a season long Rogues arc with a regularly appearing Wentworth Miller.

Aphrodite posted:

It was Eddie's task force.

They know about Flash but I guess not that there's a lot more.

All those guys got killed though right?

Also where my gifs at yall?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Episode 10 promo

drat it, why did I watch this. Now I have to wait until January 20.

Narcissus1916 posted:

They were cops, but all of them are dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't recall it being confirmed or not, but Reverse Flash does seem to aim for the kill and not just knockout.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

At this point the existence of the Flash is pretty well confirmed since the captain approved a task force lead by Eddie to take him down. The SWAT guys were the task force. Wells and Thawne are the only two guys on the force that now know there are other metahumans running around besides the Flash, and that it is an ongoing thing.

Too slow...

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Episode 10 promo

Yeeeeeees. Suit changes, Rogues Gallery coming together, Wells being a smug sonnuvabitch, and a more direct arc to Barry's improvement as a superhero. January is gonna be a good start to the new year.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't recall it being confirmed or not, but Reverse Flash does seem to aim for the kill and not just knockout.

Dude snapped some necks, true to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

drat it, why did I watch this. Now I have to wait until January 20.

They were cops, but all of them are dead.

How do they explain that? Oh, all these guys were killed by highspeed blunt force trauma. Yeah, I know they were hunting a metahuman with incredible speed, and I know their death appears to be directly caused by the powers that specific guy has, but no they don't exist.

• Locked thread