Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was hoping the Build Burning would be replaced by the fiery Wing Gundam Honoo or whatever they were showing at the Gundam convention but I guess that's from some existing property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The side BF stuff look amazing but chances are most of them will never be animated because some of them are loving insane.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I saw one suit where the front was a Sazabi and the back was The O. It looked insane. Like someone took the idea of whatever Ribbons Gundam was and decided that it didn't take the two suits in one thing far enough.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ethiser posted:

I saw one suit where the front was a Sazabi and the back was The O. It looked insane. Like someone took the idea of whatever Ribbons Gundam was and decided that it didn't take the two suits in one thing far enough.

Should be seen, quoting from the Gunpla thread:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ahaha holy poo poo that's amazing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah there's some really cool stuff in BF A. Off the top of my head there's a custom GN Arms for the Kyrios, a variant of the Beginning with a Waverider form, a variant of the Astray with this incredibly silly transforming v-fin that turns into a facemask, and the Hi Nu Vrabe itself. In comparison BF 炎 has like three designs and two of them are practically recolors.

The OST was announced for a christmas release and

it looks like they're splitting it up this time. Here's hoping for more hilarious names.

EDIT: It's still great how the animation model for the Build Burning looks nothing like its official art.

I still don't know why they didn't just give it RD proportions from the beginning.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFRKGn0bk20
One step closer to dark sister.

Also the custom mechs Ive seen from Honoo were pretty good. I'm guessing modeling them would be pretty hard given they are basically just one image and text but the jupitarian looks nice and would probably be a nightmare to animate. The double X-Stream has the typical "More armor and thrusters!" design you'd see in these series but it still looks nice. The lavander xsaa is your typical attempt to make suits girly by making it into an animal (a bunny)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Not done watching yet, but I like that Kirara became a Hollywood star by her being a gunpla idol somehow. :v:
Also Yuuma's dumb faces when offering to build a model. and Mirai's look when the Zakrello shows up :allears:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mirai's face becoming progressively more :stonk: as Yuuma showed her models were pretty good. Also lead to probably the most unexpected cameo so far.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
This episode features the most appropriate cameo ever.

"Half-naked women?!"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:byodood: My sister isn't just for show. :stare:

It's the weirdest shameless cheesecake episode but they are actually having silly fun with the characters.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
This feels much more like an episode of the previous series - absolutely silly and fun to watch.

Edit: Ahahahaha, every joke about the Turn A's literal cockpit is now justified.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It wouldn't surprise me if the kanji that show up during that scene translate to something relating to dick splitting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That episode kind of owned.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

There's no kind of about it, that was great.

My favorite part of it all is Sekai's absolutely unshakeable faith in how totally awesome his big sister is, no matter the situation, even when she's totally freaking and has no idea what she's doing.

e: A close second is Yuuma continuing his long and torturous journey to actually being a fun character in his own right. He's not quite there yet but he's been taking steps the last couple of episodes.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 10, 2014

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The Punch!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That was delightfully silly. Between this and the previous episode, it really seems like they're starting to recapture the magic of Season One.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Caroline put a ring on his finger. I hope she shows up too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Caroline put a ring on his finger. I hope she shows up too.

Full Dreads Nils looks real good, since it'll be another side episode I'm real excited for it.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Full Dreads Nils looks real good, since it'll be another side episode I'm real excited for it.

If this episode is indicative of the quality of the side stories, I'm gonna be super sad when they actually get back to the main story.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

linall posted:

If this episode is indicative of the quality of the side stories, I'm gonna be super sad when they actually get back to the main story.

I'm sad that they're replacing Sleggar too, I still hope he shows up from time to time going forward.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I really hope they put out a kit of that custom Turn A.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I had the silliest grin on my face all the way through the buildup of Mirai's punch.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I just watched a tiny bear robot punch an arrogant pretty boy in the dick. This is some deep poo poo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bimmi posted:

I just watched a tiny bear robot punch an arrogant pretty boy in the dick. This is some deep poo poo.

This show teaches me so much about how to conduct my own life.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

Just when I thought Try Fighters wasn't that great, it goes and proves me wrong. It was all worth it for that punch. That and the start of the episode. "What? I'm a boy and I'm your friend! :v:"

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

No "kind of" about it. I had a grin plastered on my face the whole time. :allears:

Yuuma being a total dork, Mirai's antics in general and her awesome dick-punch of the arrogant pretty boy character, Sleggar being Sleggar. Hell, even the fanservice stuff was unobtrusive because it was completely overshadowed by characters being awesome and goofy. What a fun episode. :haw:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I knew she was a fighter too. She punched that robot in the junk so hard, the male audience felt it. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you want proof that Mirai's a better fighter than Sekai, she can make kung-fu kanji appear when she pulls a special move. Even Sekai can't manage that :colbert:.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want proof that Mirai's a better fighter than Sekai, she can make kung-fu kanji appear when she pulls a special move. Even Sekai can't manage that :colbert:.

The mark of a true martial arts master.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Disappointed the Zakrello wasn't on the race.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I lost it at the entire male audience feeling the gunpla dick punch. Fantastic episode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

I lost it at the entire male audience feeling the gunpla dick punch. Fantastic episode.

That wasn't a dick punch, that was a straight-up ballbuster. Even if the Damage Level is set to B, everyone felt that one at full strength.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Episode was pretty funny and also had minimal involvement from Sekai so I think that makes it the best episode so far.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The tiny Bearguy might be the most adorable thing, holy gently caress.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
This episode was great and what a lot of the main characters needed after the prelims. Rather like that Mirai lost the Race itself, while still winning a battle.

Starting to expect a new intro either next week or the week after.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I knew she was a fighter too. She punched that robot in the junk so hard, the male audience felt it. :v:

The dick-punch felt around the world.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

This episode was great and what a lot of the main characters needed after the prelims. Rather like that Mirai lost the Race itself, while still winning a battle.

Starting to expect a new intro either next week or the week after.

I think it'll be after the Christmas break.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kirara made it in Hollywood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
In the immortal words of a wise man, "This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Nearly everything about this episode was pretty much perfect.

• Locked thread