Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

CoffeeBooze posted:

The only reason the Wildstar thread as well as the Archage thread became actually interesting is because the people that were making GBS threads them up got bored and went elsewhere.

Yeah, since in tyool 2014 on the internet comedy forum Somethingawful dot Com repeatedly telling someone you hope they end up unemployed and on food stamps is the pinnacle of comedy! Then, when multiple people point out that you are being an unfunny rear end screaming "WHITE KNIGHTS!!! WHITE KNIGHTS!!!!!!' and "I TROLLED U TOP KEK LOL PUPPETMASTER!!! is even funnier!

The people posting dumb poo poo so they can brag about how salty and owned the other nerds in the MMO HMO are could at least do everyone a favor and be funny.

The archeage thread chugged along just fine until some moron would come in and give their brain dead take on age of consent laws to try and argue that being a pedo is somehow not a terrible, or scream about some made up conspiracy that imp zone was out to trash their game. Once people stopped being retards and stopped trying to defend kiddie diddling, the thread miraculously got better. Wonder why?

Wildstar was/is goons peeing in the well.

What's dumb poo poo is people crying about others not meeting their standards for posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like seeing all these new threads

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mods, please rename me to Posting Standards. Thanks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Pain posted:

This is a good name change

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Please do this

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Just win that crowd over.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Velthice posted:

What's dumb poo poo is people crying about others not meeting their standards for posting.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

Just win that crowd over.

I deserve this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The goons who think that poo poo is unfunny could possibly benefit by being a bit more thick skinned. Then the "unfunny" stuff probably wouldn't happen.

When you pull out ageofconsentmap.jpeg or talk like a grizzled WW2 veteran about doxxing other goons for your spaceship game or get really pissed when someone talks bad about a developer of a game which is tanking (who doesn't even care herself which makes it even funnier) who posts here well um

Maybe you're the source of comedy and you don't know it. Part of being mature is having thick skin. If you want people to act more mature maybe don't make absolutely retarded arguments (see archeage/eve threads) or have the resilience of tissue paper (wildstar thread).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The thing is, I get the complaints. I was super thin skinned. I just wanted to talk about Archeage, and I was getting annoyed at first too. But then I realised I was being way too sensitive. Its a message board, and joking is allowed. Goons take posting way too seriously

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

The goons who think that poo poo is unfunny could possibly benefit by being a bit more thick skinned.

I've got two options here, either realize that some hosed up stuff happened to the game I'm playing and realize it deserved it, or I can blame a secret cabal of Imp Zone posters controlling Kewpuh so that they get free reign of the boards.

Well I know which one of these requires absolutely zero effort for self improvement on my part, so it must be the one that's true.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's my report on the state of games: rise of nations is still epic

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ImpAtom posted:

Well, I didn't mean that you couldn't, more that I imagine enough people watched it that some of the fun of "haha, it seriously does that" might be lost.

You're right though, there are plenty of amazingly dumb hunting games out there.

This is far back but I am catching up on this thread and noticed this

Nofriendo has become a much more relaxed place in the last 18 months right alongside Games. There was a big catharsis with the Blasting Zone poo poo and most folks tend to realize now that if something isn't for you, the easiest way to make it go away is to just ignore it. There have been a couple of completely loving boring lp guys that have bailed in the last year just because they get like 1 reply a day. I havent seen anyone get really beaten up this year in there unless they are an admitted criminal or Richard Gamingo.

What im saying is, just post works in Nofriendo as well. If people like Pins and Putty can do what they do (they are awesome) youre not going to get bitched at if you show off how dumb and busted a shovelware hunting game is.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Widestancer posted:

The goons who think that poo poo is unfunny could possibly benefit by being a bit more thick skinned. Then the "unfunny" stuff probably wouldn't happen.

It's not hard to see the humor in getting someone like Tokaii get baited into debating pedophilia vs hebophilia or the long list of shitheads who jumped to defend a pedophile. Then the fallout that happens is pretty funny to see, but, it isn't funny when the imp zone personality cult shows up and starts replying to every post after awhile with feel.jpg or reaction gifs, which a lot of threads deemed bad turn into. It also turns the threads loving unreadable, so all that funny stuff that happened 500 posts ago is now covered up by spam or gotten the thread sent to the Gas Chamber.

I just wish the imps would tone down the regurgitating in-joke poo poo to keep it in imp zone itself or down to a minimum unless it's funny. Following the current trends this means I'll be told I have aids for this post, right?

Blister fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 10, 2014

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Davincie posted:

here's my report on the state of games: rise of nations is still epic

this is true

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Maybe you're the source of comedy and you don't know it. Part of being mature is having thick skin. If you want people to act more mature maybe don't make absolutely retarded arguments (see archeage/eve threads) or have the resilience of tissue paper (wildstar thread).

I am really surprised you would give this advice, especially considering you are the one who melted down and started ranting about white knighting in the Wildstar thread.

The only thing these idiotic "le puppet master troll!!!!" posts accomplish is derailing threads and causing drama that no one enjoys. Its not about thick skins, its not even about staying on topic. Its about how people are getting into the obnoxious habit of being blatantly malicious and unfunny which causes otherwise ok threads to become cesspits.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blister posted:

Following the current trends this means I'll be told I have aids for this post, right?

This is a really dumb overreaction and makes you seem weird.

Also the gif posting thing doesn't happen in a lot of threads, and is usually only when people start saying really loving dumb things.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CoffeeBooze posted:

I am really surprised you would give this advice, especially considering you are the one who melted down and started ranting about white knighting in the Wildstar thread.

The only thing these idiotic "le puppet master troll!!!!" posts accomplish is derailing threads and causing drama that no one enjoys. Its not about thick skins, its not even about staying on topic. Its about how people are getting into the obnoxious habit of being blatantly malicious and unfunny which causes otherwise ok threads to become cesspits.

Do you play any non-MMO games?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Also the gif posting thing doesn't happen in a lot of threads, and is usually only when people start saying really loving dumb things.

The gif posting usually happens when someone gets called out far acting like an rear end. Rather than actually try to straighten things out and get a thread back on some kind of track, nope, people just post feels.jpg when they are called out and things get even shittier. If we are really lucky people start calling each other faggots! Comedy! Yay!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CoffeeBooze posted:

Posters like you are what make imp excursions successful and even possible

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

CoffeeBooze posted:

speaking of meltdowns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody respond to coffee anymore its a waste of bandwidth, lmao.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

imp excursions

Arcade fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 10, 2014

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Widestancer posted:

When you pull out ageofconsentmap.jpeg or talk like a grizzled WW2 veteran about doxxing other goons for your spaceship game or get really pissed when someone talks bad about a developer of a game which is tanking (who doesn't even care herself which makes it even funnier) who posts here well um

I'm sure you're just trolling here but the problem isn't that anyone has thin skin. it's that le epic reddit memes aren't actually funny at all m'lady. That's the reason most of us paid 10bux to join this community instead of going to one of the other dozens of websites out there filled with hilariously wacky posters like you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I joined for the file forums.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

B-b-b-b-b-but this unoriginal, four year old meme I stole from 4chan is hilarious!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Does anyone knows where Coffee lives? We need to call the cops I'm afraid that he's about to blow his brains out

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
He's felt that feel....for the last time. Rest In Peace, CoffeeBooze.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Please don't kill yourself over a silly internet forum

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm sure you're just trolling here but the problem isn't that anyone has thin skin. it's that le epic reddit memes aren't actually funny at all m'lady. That's the reason most of us paid 10bux to join this community instead of going to one of the other dozens of websites out there filled with hilariously wacky posters like you.

CoffeeBooze posted:

lmao

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

elf help book posted:

I joined for the file forums.

:):respek::)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

This goon has the final say on what's funny, pack it up guys. We should totally care what known forums goodposter Adam Bowen thinks.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

For some reason I feel like the only reddit memes I see on SA are the ones posted passive-aggressively by people that complain about reddit memes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is a reddit meme?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

What is a reddit meme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zombie Samurai posted:

For some reason I feel like the only reddit memes I see on SA are the ones posted passive-aggressively by people that complain about reddit memes.

I think I've seen more 'ironic' meme posting in games by people whining about it this week than posting by the people who are being accused of it, lol

• Locked thread