Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

memes are really funny guys come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

large image with white text.jpeg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BERGfu posted:

memes are really funny guys come on

Said in Jimmy's voice from south park

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hey Eonwe you know what would be really cool if people made CONTENT for the threads we're all in, here's an example

The horror hole from Viseral Clean up or whatever disatser that was made playing last night

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Eonwe posted:

Said in Jimmy's voice from south park

Oh Christ I have been playing stick of truth recently and I just heard this clear as day

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Heard that's good probably pick it up

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah it rules

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
isnt that the south park game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BERGfu posted:

Hey Eonwe you know what would be really cool if people made CONTENT for the threads we're all in, here's an example

The horror hole from Viseral Clean up or whatever disatser that was made playing last night

Content would be great!

Also yes play stick of truth

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Yes. Yes. Let the angst flow. Let the hatred consume. Your misguided hopes of rationalizing what is going on here makes me erect. Thick skin? White Knights? They are but imaginary sticks that you all grasp at as you helplessly flow down the river of chaos. Your first video game is where you fell into my home. Your arguements are only for you to BELIVE that you have skin in the game. But alas my children. Beliving that you are elsewhere in Universe does not change where you really are. Welcome to the grind. You were hosed from page one.

Now does anyone have a Wii U gamecube adapter for sale or what amirite.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Content would be great!

Also yes play stick of truth

ahhh yeah

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Yes. Yes. Let the angst flow. Let the hatred consume. Your misguided hopes of rationalizing what is going on here makes me erect. Thick skin? White Knights? They are but imaginary sticks that you all grasp at as you helplessly flow down the river of chaos. Your first video game is where you fell into my home. Your arguements are only for you to BELIVE that you have skin in the game. But alas my children. Beliving that you are elsewhere in Universe does not change where you really are. Welcome to the grind. You were hosed from page one.

Now does anyone have a Wii U gamecube adapter for sale or what amirite.

1v1 my in infinity wars. A game I've never played and you want me to play so bad.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

I liked the room better when we exploded it with severed asses. Now its just blood and the framerate is stable. If only we could use the welder on this thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want to find a gamecube adapter and film myself smashing it

Drinkfist would go super flaccid watching that

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I do not expect to win also Stanley Pain let's swap names on Steam

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I liked the room better when we exploded it with severed asses. Now its just blood and the framerate is stable. If only we could use the welder on this thread.

My client crashed and I couldn't save the picture of the buttsplosion

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

1v1 my in infinity wars. A game I've never played and you want me to play so bad.

You better have a deck ready by the time I get home from these loving programming classes. I gotta slam you with a demon that never loving dies. We really need to make an Infinity Wars thread to get the crowd away from that god awful excuse for a card game Hearthstone. Now is the best time with the new set coming out tomorrow and the whole meta is gonna be flung into chaos. I got 25+ boosters on pre order now and the pre order bonuses are getting pritty crazy.

On that note Ill have to inhibit the sperg in Stanley Pain to make the thread seeing as how he keeps wrecking me with bullshit in it.

Everyone go play Infinity Wars. Free Card game on Steam. Really good. Rah Rah. Gamecube adapter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really need to add more of you guys in steam

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

I want to find a gamecube adapter and film myself smashing it

Drinkfist would go super flaccid watching that

Please do. I could probably make one myself by dissassembleing my gamecube/single adapter for parts. I just need to see how it is wired and such.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Eonwe posted:

I think I've seen more 'ironic' meme posting in games by people whining about it this week than posting by the people who are being accused of it, lol

All of the memes I've posted in this thread were posted unironically in previous threads. The reason you are seeing more 'ironic' posting of them probably has something to do with the fact that people are getting tired of seeing the loving things.

While loosened moderation standards have done a lot of make games a better place, they have also lead to some really dumb things being posted over and over and over. There needs to at least be some standard.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Did we mention that infinity wars will literally give you the ability to read minds irl? I am considering bashing my legs with a hammer and becoming professor X after I dethrone Stanley Pain. I swear the amount of times he has dodged my bullshit should have caught the attention of SHIELD. Gamecube adapter.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone link me to a particularly meme-heavy thread in Games? I gots to see this !!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Can someone link me to a particularly meme-heavy thread in Games? I gots to see this !!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686572&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CoffeeBooze posted:

All of the memes I've posted in this thread were posted unironically in previous threads. The reason you are seeing more 'ironic' posting of them probably has something to do with the fact that people are getting tired of seeing the loving things.

While loosened moderation standards have done a lot of make games a better place, they have also lead to some really dumb things being posted over and over and over. There needs to at least be some standard.

Who the gently caress is this guy? Standards in SA? This is a loving insane asylum run by the patients. I think you might be cured by todays standards. I hear they are holding a "Lets hate Justin Bieber and the goverment" session down the street. Go join the all the normal people stuck in the new loop. We are still thinking about which member of Hanson we want to gently caress in here.

Edit: Gamecube Adapter.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 10, 2014

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Stop liking what I don't like. Also what I don't like should be banned.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am really sad that isn't one of our smilies. Ask your shadow council if they have a Gamecube adapter.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How about a different thread than the one we're posting in, genius. Real brain master over here. I'm on mobile so Maybe @zen death robot can provide me a pro smiley to represent my exasperation with this rear end clown.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

How about a different thread than the one we're posting in, genius. Real brain master over here. I'm on mobile so Maybe @zen death robot can provide me a pro smiley to represent my exasperation with this rear end clown.

thank you

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

The Wildstar thread I mentioned earlier is a good start. It became a poo poo hole of low content posts consisting of people posting 4chan memes, calling each other human being, getting blatantly and unfunnily abusive, "top lel i r puppet master" posts, etc etc. It goes from bad to worse right around here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657496&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=98

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm on mobile too but I've always been partial to :thumbsup:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CoffeeBooze posted:

The Wildstar thread I mentioned earlier is a good start. It became a poo poo hole of low content posts consisting of people posting 4chan memes, calling each other human being, getting blatantly and unfunnily abusive, "top lel i r puppet master" posts, etc etc. It goes from bad to worse right around here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657496&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=98

Its a dead game sorry for your loss

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you - says it better than words ever could.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I feel like the pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way from moderation as well. I get that week long probations being used as punchlines weren't good for the overall health of the community, but there has been a lot of free reign given to humorless white noise posts that stifle both discussion and comedy. Beyond that, there's a difference between dropping an occasional bait post to lure out idiots and just spamming the gently caress out of a thread until they pay attention to you because nobody will tell you to stop.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'd still really like to see one of these meme dominated threads, if anyone has a link handy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please add Steam account linking so I can use all of my owned Steam emotes on this site as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

I'd still really like to see one of these meme dominated threads, if anyone has a link handy.

Duh he linked the wildstar thread, a very relevant thread for a good game with socially well adjust goons who post lots of interesting content filled posts and was ruined by trolling

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Take a look at the Wildstar thread I posted above. I meant to quote you, but somehow didnt manage to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Eonwe posted:

Duh he linked the wildstar thread, a very relevant thread for a good game with socially well adjust goons who post lots of interesting content filled posts and was ruined by trolling

Stop saying content.

• Locked thread