Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Also lol thief's wit.

Eh, I run Thief's Wit on all my frames and I'd say it's worth at least 10% more mods than the other guys get, in all gamemodes and locations. Even when you wouldn't expect it, like camping defense on the same godforsaken tile for 20 waves. Arguably it doesn't give any more rares, which are the types that "matter," but pretty much everything that can drop is just fusion fodder so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Kyte posted:

PWE can't force'em to do anything, stop with the goddamn fear mongering.

PWE owns 61% of DE.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

sleeptalker posted:

PWE owns 61% of DE.

No, Sumpo owns 58% of DE. PWE owns 3%.
And if you pull the "Sumpo is just gonna listen to PWE over DE" card then you're a goddamn retard.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kyte posted:

And if you pull the "Sumpo is just gonna listen to PWE over DE" card then you're a goddamn retard.

Especially since Warframe been consistently the 4th-5th most played game on Steam. If they had any sense Sumpo would just DE do what it's been doing.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Didn't this drama originally happen months ago? Nothing's happened since then, we're probably fine.But the word Sumpo is still funny. I'm a child.

Also 4th or 5th really? I used to be able to find a 'players online' line graph but with the new Steam design it seems to be gone. Wow.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DelphiAegis posted:

Also if anyone keeps up on deathsnacks for alerts, looks like we're getting a whole lot more sigils for the holiday.

If you're not done grinding for rep, is there any point in non-syndicate sigils? You still can't equip two, correct?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pierson posted:

Also 4th or 5th really? I used to be able to find a 'players online' line graph but with the new Steam design it seems to be gone. Wow.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

20,000 people playing right now, at 11:42am est on a wednesday.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I didn't realize so many people still play CounterStrike

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Kyte posted:

Lol, Sumpo is a holding company.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

sleeptalker posted:

Lol, Sumpo is a holding company.

And this is relevant how? Sumpo is not PWE. They aren't even related. Sumpo is a food company. Their full goddamn name is "Sumpo Food Holdings Limited". PWE already has its own holding, "Perfect Online Holding Limited".

Seriously, stop digging yourself deeper.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

If you're not done grinding for rep, is there any point in non-syndicate sigils? You still can't equip two, correct?

You've always been able to equip two. You just can't equip two syndicate sigils.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Kyte posted:

And this is relevant how? Sumpo is not PWE. They aren't even related. Sumpo is a food company. Their full goddamn name is "Sumpo Food Holdings Limited". PWE already has its own holding, "Perfect Online Holding Limited".

Seriously, stop digging yourself deeper.

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

hagie posted:

I didn't realize so many people still play CounterStrike
Everyone who loves CoD loves it on Xbox I guess.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I wouldn't really blow off the possibility completely like that, this poo poo happens all the time in every industry. Especially once DE posts their first bad quarter, if they can't sell the board on how they're going to fix it, then Sumpo gets to bring in new management and the game probably dies in half a year or less.

That being said, yes, if they were intending to do that up front then we would have seen some big shift in how they monetize the game by now.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

necrobobsledder posted:

Who would bother with Soma Prime unless there's some upgrade out of it anyway?

I would love to see some side-grades instead of flat upgrades. Not something along the lines of what dual pistols were suppose to be (higher damage less accuracy). More along the line of functional changes. Think Penta Prime shooting grenades that stick instead of bounce in lieu than just a stat change (I know its a bad example, deal with it).

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
Ouch with the pubs on ps4, is there not a goon presence I can join in on?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

d3lness posted:

I would love to see some side-grades instead of flat upgrades. Not something along the lines of what dual pistols were suppose to be (higher damage less accuracy). More along the line of functional changes. Think Penta Prime shooting grenades that stick instead of bounce in lieu than just a stat change (I know its a bad example, deal with it).

Dunno, given the pain it takes to get a Prime weapon, I better get my time (or money)'s worth.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kyte posted:

Dunno, given the pain it takes to get a Prime weapon, I better get my time (or money)'s worth.

Isn't it enough that it be gold-plated?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I lust for Primed Obex or Kogake. I'd settle for just a new drat fist & foot melee weapon though :smith: c'mon, DE, make it happen.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I'd like to see them add some option of a mastery or something where you can "prime" weapons by adding forma and a maxed weapon or something. Like, we've become adept enough that we can reverse engineer how the orokin poo poo works.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

So, we found the new rep grind strategy, now with bonus forma and prime gear:

Get 4 people together, make sure everyone has Corrosive Projection. Team comp is 2 Mesa, 1 Limbo, 1 Nova (neutral or speednova). Pop a T4D key.

Limbo keeps bubble on the pod and the Mesas banished, Nova primes poo poo for more damage, Mesas stand on top of the pod and murder everything with Peacemaker. Bail whenever you feel like it, we did 40 waves (~18k rep with 15% sigil and no affinity booster) but probably could have gone to 50 or beyond without much issue.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Oh neat a new event! Oh its just another stupid sigil thing. Anyone know if you get anything else for getting to 50 or is it like the last time where it was...another sigil!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Khorne posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

20,000 people playing right now, at 11:42am est on a wednesday.

If there's 20k people playing, why do I never see any pubbies doing the lowbie planet missions with me? :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Cainer posted:

Oh neat a new event! Oh its just another stupid sigil thing. Anyone know if you get anything else for getting to 50 or is it like the last time where it was...another sigil!
It's a tactical alert so expect the second reward to be another tier of your Stratos Emblem.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Charles Bukowski posted:

If there's 20k people playing, why do I never see any pubbies doing the lowbie planet missions with me? :(

Because everyone's doing Towers, Orokin Derelicts, Dark Sectors, boss missions, or a handful of specific mission nodes which offer easy experience/money/resources. Everything else is padding in the grand scheme of things in this game.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

I used to think so but then I realized I was dying inside a little bit with each time the Loki Prime Chassis didn't drop.
Then some more for the 32 cells I've had to farm this week.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Am I going crazy or is it impossible to make progress through the map through invasion missions? It won't let me more than one mission into phobos, which is awkward when I could really do with some materials from beyond there.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Pierson posted:

It's a tactical alert so expect the second reward to be another tier of your Stratos Emblem.

Ah, I'll just ignore them from now on then. Back to murdering for Alad V markers for me. Got three chassis and a systems, just need that stupid smug mesa head and I can finally go full cowboy/girl!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

Get 4 people together, make sure everyone has Corrosive Projection. Team comp is 2 Mesa, 1 Limbo, 1 Nova (neutral or speednova). Pop a T4D key.

Limbo keeps bubble on the pod and the Mesas banished, Nova primes poo poo for more damage, Mesas stand on top of the pod and murder everything with Peacemaker. Bail whenever you feel like it, we did 40 waves (~18k rep with 15% sigil and no affinity booster) but probably could have gone to 50 or beyond without much issue.
We did all the way to wave 40 in T4D in 30 minutes. That's worth pointing out, because that time is pretty quick. The average cerb run takes around 20 minutes if you cap all nodes and get a key.

I played the Limbo with you guys. You don't even have to banish the mesas because they get the mana regen in cataclysm.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 10, 2014

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

They will turn it into a hive mission.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

tlarn posted:

Because everyone's doing Towers, Orokin Derelicts, Dark Sectors, boss missions, or a handful of specific mission nodes which offer easy experience/money/resources. Everything else is padding in the grand scheme of things in this game.

What are these things? I am a shithead newbie and just sort of trying to unlock new stuff and play my way through whats out there without a lot of direction. I got my poo poo pushed in repeatedly by Vor on Mercury last night. Apparently I need to do it with a pub group instead of trying to do it myself with starter equipment? This game could benefit for more direction for new players than a tutorial quest followed by a 2? mission quest and then just telling us to go do whatever.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you need help unlocking nodes I'm sure some goons will help you.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Goons will take you on marvelous adventures where you'll get so much xp, syndicate rep, mods and mats and all the good stuff. You'll be flush with credits and have an orgy of irresponsible spending. I haven't been able to unlock anything on Mars yet though :P

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Male Man posted:

Nah. DE needs to sell us a constantly-changing-flavor-of-the-month.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah just ask in clan chat for some help, people have been very helpful to me. And if I'm on I'll take you with me to unlock the planets.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm assuming Limbo goes efficiency/duration? Also, nerf Snowglobe, replace with new frame that does it better!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

What about ODD? Easier with less than perfect groups, right?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Reeoorb posted:

Ouch with the pubs on ps4, is there not a goon presence I can join in on?

There are two goon clans that I know of, one with about 4-5 and the other with about 100,on the books but less than 10 who actually play at all these days.

I should probably bug Doji (The large clan's absentee Warlord) about actually getting the Alliance set up. Maybe the presence of Christmas Dojo decorations will lure him back for long enough.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

gaj70 posted:

What about ODD? Easier with less than perfect groups, right?

New infested types make ODD get hard pretty quick now actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Cainer posted:

Turns out its easier this time. Gimmick is that enemy damage ignores your shields.

Solution is to play Rhino! Rhino Skin still works fine.

(If you want a Sub 500 Conclave Build, I use Rhino Prime with *only* Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fort, and Fleeting Expertise with no Aura. It has a total of around 225 Conclave on the Frame, then bring whichever cheap gun you want).