Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Disappointed the Zakrello wasn't on the race.

I loved that the Zakrello had that guy on it from the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kirara made it by playing herself in the Oscar-winning Fellini biopic movie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kirara made it by playing herself in the Oscar-winning Fellini biopic movie.

I would totally watch remakes of classic films but with Fellini as the main character, alongside Kirara.

Just imagine Casablanca with those two. :allears:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Frankly my dear, your paintjob isn't worth a drat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
World-class Gunpla battler and world-famous Hollywood star.

I hope they get actual screentime at some point.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, any bets on Bandai marketing a "Beargguy II" kit as a web shop exclusive at some point in the future? :v:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, any bets on Bandai marketing a "Beargguy II" kit as a web shop exclusive at some point in the future? :v:

I'm not sure what a Beargguy 2 would be, but they're selling the kit from the show with a little beargguy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm not sure what a Beargguy 2 would be, but they're selling the kit from the show with a little beargguy.

The Beargguy II was the fictional kit that the F was customised from.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Look, I just have to respect a show that chose the Turn A as an antagonist mecha just so that they could punch it in the dick crotch cockpit.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mecha Gojira posted:

Look, I just have to respect a show that chose the Turn A as an antagonist mecha just so that they could punch it in the dick crotch cockpit.

Didn't they also have a Turn A Gundam get shot down last season as it was trying to Moonlight Butterfly its opponent?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Raxivace posted:

Didn't they also have a Turn A Gundam get shot down last season as it was trying to Moonlight Butterfly its opponent?

That was a gold Turn X, and it got shot down by Sazaki's customized Gyan.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Darth Walrus posted:

The Beargguy II was the fictional kit that the F was customised from.

Yeah. In fact, the box art they showed for the Beargguy II in the episode is just an edited version of the box for the Beargguy III.

Also, if you look closely at the background of the Beargguy F box art, you'll see a Beargguy II box.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, if you look closely at the background of the Beargguy F box art, you'll see a Beargguy II box.

Holy poo poo, hats off to you Bandai. :golfclap:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Was it just me, or did the damaged exterior parts of Mama Beargguy simply become chipped/scorched paint that Mirai put on, returning it to the stock color?

She should have primed before painting :colbert:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MJP posted:

Was it just me, or did the damaged exterior parts of Mama Beargguy simply become chipped/scorched paint that Mirai put on, returning it to the stock color?

She should have primed before painting :colbert:

Considering it tanked a full charge shot from Turn A's beam rifle without exploding that's not bad.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 10, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I would have imagined the Turn A would be banned from battles, on account of being too OP.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought it was kind of funny that only Fumina was actually paying any attention to the swimsuit models, and the zaku Mirai rejected won.

Also it's good to see Kirara has done well for herself and is looking smug as hell.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Canonical suit power means jack poo poo in this series, thats why you get Gyans beating Wings. And a ball beating an assortment of suits.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ka0 posted:

I would have imagined the Turn A would be banned from battles, on account of being too OP.

That isn't how Build Fighters fights have ever worked in either season. Power is proportional to build quality, not canon.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

That's what I like about these series (BF and this one), power is based on build quality silliness and not story (although Iori and his dad loved to preach about them).

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Why yes, I would like to go to Yazan Gable Beach House.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Good to see McDaniel's are still operating in the BF universe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Canonical suit power means jack poo poo in this series, thats why you get Gyans beating Wings. And a ball beating an assortment of suits.

Except the Gyan and Ball are obviously the most OP units ever made.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Level Slide posted:

And stop by to get a bite to eat at McDaniel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Got stuck all day in loving jury duty so I wasn't able to say more earlier but:

One thing that really helped this episode is just the general energy it had. Characters emoted and reacted and did things and it was genuinely funny and something that had been noticeably missing from recent episodes. Yuuma got to actually do things and have a personality and Sekai's sister is kind of more interesting than Sekai is. It was easily the funniest episode of the show by a significant degree.

Also the Turn-A dickpunch is probably the single funniest joke in all of BF.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pyroi posted:

And stop by to get a bite to eat at McDaniel.

I probably would have died if I saw Henken flipping patties.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level Slide posted:

"I'm gonna violate your hunger!"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Just remember to lock your doors at night.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
"I should thank you. I finally got screentime."

It's episodes like this and G-Muse that make the majority of this show kind of annoying. The writing can be energetic and fun! It can be like it was in S1! So why do they constantly refuse to do that in the non-filler episodes?

quote:

SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam (Turn A)
Unicorn Gundam [SD] (Unicorn)
RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex" (0080)
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam (W)
TGM-79 GM Trainer (MSV)
MS-05A Zaku I Early Type (08th MS)

Was really not expecting to see SD Unicorn. :allears:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

If this does not say "Jigen Haoh School Ultra Dickpunch" I will be sad.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
蒼天 紅蓮拳 literally translates to "Blue Sky, Crimson Lotus Fist". I don't think there are any puns you can exploit to get a dick joke out of it, sorry.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

DigitalRaven posted:

If this does not say "Jigen Haoh School Ultra Dickpunch" I will be sad.

Azure Sky Crimson Fist
I interprete it as scattering your enemy's balls all over.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

BlitzBlast posted:

蒼天 紅蓮拳 literally translates to "Blue Sky, Crimson Lotus Fist". I don't think there are any puns you can exploit to get a dick joke out of it, sorry.

Pretty sure anyone's lotus would be coloured crimson after that.

Best I could do, sorry.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Today, I watched a robot with a mustache fight a tiny bear robot and lose to the bear because of an uppercut to the cock(pit). Bless your heart, Build Fighters. :allears:

Moral of the day: Do not gently caress with robot bears. Especially robot bears that know kung fu.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Love that a band called s'gock exists.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone get all those cameos on the model catwalk? I recognised Lalah, which made me assume there were more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone get all those cameos on the model catwalk? I recognised Lalah, which made me assume there were more.

One of them was a female George. I don't think Nadleeh-Miko and Zebra Gundam-Bikini Model were references to anyone though. Bikini V Gundam Girl and Char-chan were both obvious. I don't think the Federation girl was a specific ref tho'.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
That was the best episode

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
More like this episode, please.

Death to the main plot, more goofy filler forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Turn A looks impressively evil in Titans drag.

Also, this had better mean something because it's just too cruel otherwise:

• Locked thread