Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
So Sanjay's idea is a website to allow people to find out who the person they're perving over at the gym is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Did anyone else think Mark looked properly ill this week? He was sweating buckets.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

twoot posted:

Did anyone else think Mark looked properly ill this week? He was sweating buckets.

They edited it all dramatically when he choked. I genuinely thought he was going to end up in hospital and have to drop out or something.

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
Yeah, he looked properly rough in the board room too!

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
For the first time (I believe) this year, :golfclap: the YF makeup team.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Katie was really lovely but her business plan was out of her depth.

I thought it was adorable when Mark returned the house alone and Roisin still went out to go find Katie.

Roisin is going to win this series.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Well that's my pre-season pick blown out the water thanks to an unsuitable business plan that probably shouldn't have made it onto the show to start with.

All aboard Team Roisin I guess.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Solomon is an idiot, I'm amazed Bianca managed to pitch without loving up.

The thing that makes me laugh is how unoriginal many of the ideas are, I know plenty of people who have thought about opening a fitness restaurant before, no doubt it has already been done. Sanjay's fitness social networking idea, has he heard of Bodyspace? I'm sure it's not the only one already in existence. Never mind getting personal trainers to pay for membership: I think someone like Joe Donnelly is doing fine on Facebook without using a niche social network he has to pay for.

Lol at the close ups of Daniel's seethe face. I also thought Mark looked a bit ill, not just sweating but extremely pale complexion. Maybe his Achilles heel is being terrible with pressure. Karen should drop some bombs in the boardroom about all his backstabbing comments too, the Sanjay/Bianca thing was gold.

Roisin/Daniel final for me.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Sugar was exceptionally bad this episode. He compared Katie's experience of working numerous roles in a restaurant with him having "been to McDonalds" and made a crack about "biscuits"(?) sounding like a Real Madrid player...

Poor episode for me overall.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Hibiscus, only slightly better.

I don't understand why Mark copped to buckling under pressure to the point he was literally shaking in his boots instead of pretending eg he had a cough, he had something caught in his throat, aliens stole his voice etc

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It was Hibiscus, I think. I agree his McDonald's example was bollocks, but a lot of his examples are. He made an analogy about penalty takers missing the other week, in Sugar land Lionel Messi should be sat in the stands because he's missed a couple this season.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
He really is a bellend. The McDonalds line about Katie was especially bad, it's just literally a thing that only a wanker would say to belittle her, and if it was anyone else anywhere else I'm sure she'd have challenged them on it

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
The sad thing is that out of all the material that was the best they chose to show. Jesus. The boardroom is almost always bullshit but it hit a new low tonight.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Paperhouse posted:

He really is a bellend. The McDonalds line about Katie was especially bad, it's just literally a thing that only a wanker would say to belittle her, and if it was anyone else anywhere else I'm sure she'd have challenged them on it

One day I really want someone to quit mid-season and call him out on his bullshit.

I doubt it would make it into the final edit though. They'd probably be contractually obliged to reshoot it to make him look like the big man.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Lofty132 posted:

Solomon is an idiot,

Out of interest why, he clearly came up with some decent branding ideas which Roisin tried to downplay in the boardroom before Nick called her out on it?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Big Taff Man posted:

Out of interest why, he clearly came up with some decent branding ideas which Roisin tried to downplay in the boardroom before Nick called her out on it?

The branding thing is fair play but I felt like between his fannying about with the skeleton and his perception of a £2 chilled dessert as a gift I think there is potential there, by which I mean potential for some brutal scenes in the interview next week.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Lofty132 posted:

The branding thing is fair play but I felt like between his fannying about with the skeleton and his perception of a £2 chilled dessert as a gift I think there is potential there, by which I mean potential for some brutal scenes in the interview next week.

I think its over eagerness - remember hes not from a sales background so haggling over a price isnt exactly a skill hes had to use. I could understand what he meant with the gift of a desert, Ive bought the other half a gu desert when shes had a bad day. I am interested to see how he handles the interviews tho.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive bought the other half a gu desert when shes had a bad day. I am interested to see how he handles the interviews tho.

The extra preview on YF showed they bring up the Willykini :allears:

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Thom12255 posted:

Was that Ricky Martin in the interview preview clip?

Hell yeah it was!

Looking forward to the interviews even more now, it's always the best episode.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

The extra preview on YF showed they bring up the Willykini :allears:

bahaha, amazing. I like Solomon. He seems goofy and fun. Has he ever actually been in the boardroom final three though? I get the feeling that he has kind of got this far by being a nice sort of chap (not a bad thing, although he is no Tom :allears:) I don't think he will win it but he is my favourite candidate this year as he just seems genuinely enthusiastic and happy to be there.

ETA- He's been in once, according to this handy chart from Wikipedia

Rondette fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 11, 2014

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Solomon did seem like the Tom of this season, a smart young likeable tech start-up guy, so it's fitting that his business idea is not a tech start-up at all but a poorly thought-through lovely joke product.

Admittedly he's seemed less smart as he's gone along so the willykini thing really doesn't surprise me anymore.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Did they reveal thats his business plan?

I really wouldnt expect it to be, I think it'll be something that hes worked on to give an example of firms hes set up

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I hope it isn't his business plan. But I also really, really hope that's his business plan.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sugar ranting about the willykini is a guaranteed highlight whenever it happens.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

3 or 4 years since the change and the business plan thing still feels like a badly bolted on idea.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

3 or 4 years since the change and the business plan thing still feels like a badly bolted on idea.

Yeah, the format really needs an overhaul. I still think just shoving them all some money and getting them to do their business plans would be better.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dugong posted:

Ideally they'd have completely rebooted the structure and title of the show. They wanted to keep the familiar formula though. They've even spent this whole series celebrating the fact that the show has been exactly the same for 10 years running.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Christ, if he doesn't want to open a restaurant why did she even get on the show? He's such an rear end.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Man I really liked Katie. She was one of the few candidates with common sense and I thought she was becoming one of the front runners. But yeah, Lord Sugar's never going to go with a restaurant as the winning business idea.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
I missed the last couple of episodes because I've been busy and also I've kind of lost interest in this series (it has been a bit poo poo imo). It seems like Solomon is acting up for the cameras and not much else. I have a suspicion that he wanted to go on telly as a tactic to get twitter fame and I hope one of the interviewers will ask him stern and direct questions about this. I finally worked out that Róisín isn't reminding me of a particular person but of the zombies in weird BBC drama In The Flesh, with the piercing eyes. Also I was surprised to learn that Daniel is Jewish because I am quite sure that I remember him crossing himself during/after one of the boardrooms. Quite sure, but I may have imagined/dreamt it

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

As irritating as The Apprentice can be, at least it gives Cassetteboy a bloody good lot of material to work with.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108...-this-year.html

edit: also a good reminder about how forgettable plenty of the candidates from the last few years have been.

Flux Wildly fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 12, 2014

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

^ The way they do sralan's action business voice in the show sounds like a youtube remix anyway.

Paperhouse posted:

She quite possibly did, they cut from him saying that to two shots which were visibly out of place.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here have a slightly bland article about Stella English who won at some point or another.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...Apprentice.html

quote:

What has been your most lucrative work?
I work contractually for companies like Hewlett Packard and Citigroup. That is for a figure of more than £100,000 annually.
How do you get work like that man, what does she do?!?!

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Rondette posted:

Here have a slightly bland article about Stella English who won at some point or another.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...Apprentice.html

How do you get work like that man, what does she do?!?!

"I appear at corporate events for a few hours a couple of times a year, and if the pay is extrapolated to a full time job I am earning the equivalent of over £100,000."

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Doug Sisk posted:

"I appear at corporate events for a few hours a couple of times a year, and if the pay is extrapolated to a full time job I am earning the equivalent of over £100,000."

Ha yeah, that makes sense.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Me again. Anyone craving a Margaret fix should check out this documentary about Pompeii that was on the other day. I like the way she says 'Avalanche'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rn6c2/pompeii-the-mystery-of-the-people-frozen-in-time

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Did anyone watch the thing about the remaining contestants last night? The Final Five? :psylon:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gorki posted:

Did anyone watch the thing about the remaining contestants last night? The Final Five? :psylon:

They've done it the last couple of years, and I always make that association too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress this'll be good. Bring on Mark having a panic attack in front of a scowling old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Ready & waiting for this year's CV pearls.

• Locked thread