Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Mentalizer posted:

I mean, it wasn't particularly successful but it definitely happened. I remember watching it and loving it as a kid, but then again I'm 40.

Right, I was vaguely aware of a previous live action "thing", but it was a small enough blip that I'm just a bit surprised that the 90s cartoon referenced it in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Servoret posted:

The guy looking at the reader in the first panel isn't from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon?
I haven't read the issue, but it might be Ultimate Peter Parker from the comics? He's got the right hairstyle and he's with Miles.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I haven't read the issue, but it might be Ultimate Peter Parker from the comics? He's got the right hairstyle and he's with Miles.

They just did a whole thing with the comic Ultimate Peter coming back from the dead and retiring to live forever off-camera, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The fourth wall breaker is from the current Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. That's his shtick.

theflyingorc posted:

That was pretty different and ended on a weird cliffhanger as I recall.

Also, in retrospect, it was weird to have "an actor from our world", because that series was before the Raimi films, and there hadn't really been a successful live action Spider-man thing.

Maybe it was the actor from the TV show.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 10, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Tastee posted:

Please tell me this will have Electric Company Spider-Man in it. Or Newspaper Spider-Man.

From Spider-Verse #1

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

The recap page makes it clear he's the Ultimate Pete from the current cartoon.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ashcans posted:

Am I crazy, or didn't this storyline already occur in the Saturday-morning cartoon, where Spider-man had to round up a bunch of alternates (including an actor who plays him in our world) to... fight something or other? Is this a recurring thing?

Yeah, that happened in the last arc in the 1990s cartoon: the Beyonder puts Spider-Man in charge of a group comprising Billionaire Jackass Spider-Man, Six-Armed Spider-Man, Corpse Looter Spider-Man, Actor Who Plays Spider-Man and Ben Reilly; together, they have to prevent Spider-Carnage from opening a giant portal which will destroy every possible permutation of the multiverse. Essentially Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths about 15 years earlier.

Ben Reilly's backstory in the cartoon is basically the Clone Saga, and when he finishes telling the others, the main Peter says it sounds like something out of a bad comic book.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Metal Loaf posted:

Yeah, that happened in the last arc in the 1990s cartoon: the Beyonder puts Spider-Man in charge of a group comprising Billionaire Jackass Spider-Man, Six-Armed Spider-Man, Corpse Looter Spider-Man, Actor Who Plays Spider-Man and Ben Reilly; together, they have to prevent Spider-Carnage from opening a giant portal which will destroy every possible permutation of the multiverse. Essentially Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths about 15 years earlier.

Ben Reilly's backstory in the cartoon is basically the Clone Saga, and when he finishes telling the others, the main Peter says it sounds like something out of a bad comic book.

You can't say that without posting the video.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Looking at the new Humble Comics Bundle, I had a :kimchi::3::kimchi:-fit :o:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

You can't say that without posting the video.

Christopher Daniel Barnes will never not be the voice of Spider-Man for me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Metal Loaf posted:

Christopher Daniel Barnes will never not be the voice of Spider-Man for me.

I waffle between him and the 60s Spider-man

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phy posted:

I waffle between him and the 60s Spider-man

60's Spidey never threatened to hunt Shocker across the globe in order to horribly murder him.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Mr Tastee posted:

Please tell me this will have Electric Company Spider-Man in it. Or Newspaper Spider-Man.

Is it too much to hope that Supaidaman will turn up in his giant flying robot?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Esplanade posted:

There's already at least one anime mecha-spider, so it's never too late.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

He showed up in one of the big multiverse montage shots, so odds are probably good that he'll show up in some form soon. Leopardon might not be with him, though, since while Marvel owns the rights to Spiderman I think Toei owns the rights to his robot.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Esplanade posted:

There's a strong chance.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Servoret posted:

The guy looking at the reader in the first panel isn't from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon?

It is, but "right now" is also not the 90's by 15 years.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Servoret posted:

I love that "Other dimensions? That explains everything" dialogue.

Pretty much ALL the dialogue in the Spider-Man '67 universe was magical.
Cartoon Ultimate Pete's "lol old timey racism" joke aside, it was all perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

Maybe it was the actor from the TV show.

It was clearly meant to be the voice actor from the cartoon.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Metal Loaf posted:

And after it's all done, Actor Spidey takes Regular Spidey to his dimension and he meets Stan Lee.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

SilverSupernova posted:

These two things posted...I heard the voice exactly from the OLD old cartoon, so I say it's a success. And given 60s Spider-Man was a master of bullshitism on par with Comics Magneto of the same era(Everyone remembers the Web Speedboat), there's gonna be a lot of fun with that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SilverSupernova posted:

I know that 67 Spider-Man is supposed to be webswinging (in one of his three webswinging poses) but without the animation it looks like he's hanging there. Like the other two swung around a corner and just found him there stuck like that.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

theflyingorc posted:

That was pretty different and ended on a weird cliffhanger as I recall.

Also, in retrospect, it was weird to have "an actor from our world", because that series was before the Raimi films, and there hadn't really been a successful live action Spider-man thing.

That actor must have been from the terrible alternate universe where the James Cameron Spider-man film was made.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

That actor must have been from the terrible alternate universe where the James Cameron Spider-man film was made.

Is that the same world where the JJ Abrams Superman got done as well? Or was it the Kevin Smith/Tim Burton one?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The universe of alternative films, with Nick Cage as Superman. The one where the Jodorowsky and Giger Dune got made, and the William Gibson Alien 3 where Hicks survives.

The one where the David Hasselhoff Nick Fury film was a cinematic masterpiece.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
James Cameron's Spider-Man, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as Doc Ock?

"Okey-dokey, then."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

It was clearly meant to be the voice actor from the cartoon.

That means it is very strange that he was dressed in a Spider-man costume.

edit: though I like the idea that the voice of Peter Parker was a method voice actor.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

If Electric Company Spiderman doesn't show up, at least tell me one of his enemies will show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMRRWzACpM

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

theflyingorc posted:

That means it is very strange that he was dressed in a Spider-man costume.

edit: though I like the idea that the voice of Peter Parker was a method voice actor.

He specifically noted that the entity that gathered them all together gave him a costume to wear and that he was very confused about the whole thing.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

axis: carnage is still the best and i hope he stays a wildly incompetent psychopath hero forever

context: carnage is magically compelled to be a good guy. he has no idea how, and kidnaps a random lady he sees on television to teach him how to be good because she shed a tear on television and therefore must be pure of heart. while he is being wildly incompetent and blowing up a bank as to prevent it from being robbed, she gets kidnapped by a magical skeleton wearing a green ski-mask who shoots people with a hellfire-infused sawed-off shotgun. this is the aftermath:

(axis: carnage #3)

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 11, 2014

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Mr Tastee posted:

If Electric Company Spiderman doesn't show up, at least tell me one of his enemies will show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMRRWzACpM

Somebody once told me that the Umpire is someone famous - tip of my tongue, who is it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manwithastick posted:

Somebody once told me that the Umpire is someone famous - tip of my tongue, who is it?

Morgan Freeman.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Manwithastick posted:

Clint Smith?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUML0EZ1BQ

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

It is, but "right now" is also not the 90's by 15 years.

Yeah, I was getting my animated series mixed up in my first post.

I haven't actually seen that much 90's Spider-Man. What the heck is a Corpse Looter Spider-Man?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Servoret posted:

I haven't actually seen that much 90's Spider-Man. What the heck is a Corpse Looter Spider-Man?

One of the Spider-Men the Beyonder summons to fight Spider-Carnage nicked Doc Ock's metallic arms and his sunglasses.

To be honest, it was a terrible joke. Mea culpa.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fereydun posted:

axis: carnage is still the best and i hope he stays a wildly incompetent psychopath hero forever

context: carnage is magically compelled to be a good guy. he has no idea how, and kidnaps a random lady he sees on television to teach him how to be good because she shed a tear on television and therefore must be pure of heart. while he is being wildly incompetent and blowing up a bank as to prevent it from being robbed, she gets kidnapped by a magical skeleton wearing a green ski-mask who shoots people with a hellfire-infused sawed-off shotgun. this is the aftermath:

(axis: carnage #3)

Shouldn't Carnage be super dead? I thought all symbiotes were extremely weak to fire and supersonic waves or something like that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AnonSpore posted:

Shouldn't Carnage be super dead? I thought all symbiotes were extremely weak to fire and supersonic waves or something like that.

Carnage hasn't been weak to sound since Maximum Carnage (though writer's occasionally forget that).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

A decade ago Bendis has the Sentry tear Carnage apart in space and he still came back. Popularity > Logic every time.*

* Popularity may be interchangeable with writer/editor favoritism, e.g: Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought it was torn in half then for good measure throwin into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SynthOrange posted:

I thought it was torn in half then for good measure throwin into the sun.

He doesn't throw everything into the sun. :saddowns:

• Locked thread