Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I don't think Baylor's that bad either, her mother is way too overprotective though and hurts both of them when she overreacts like she did with Reed's "brat" comment.

Binary Logic posted:

I think it would an advantage for a single to be in F3 against J and J.
1. Their multiple flips have backstabbed (or front-stabbed) several jury members.
2. They could split votes between them.
3. They could start bickering at final tribal council. Or reveal what the other one said about some players, making them both look bad.

Natalie vs. J + J would probably win.
Natalie vs. Missy and Baylor at F3 would also probably win, since Missy has few fans on the jury (Jon will be butthurt bitter after she votes against him) and Baylor only has Natalie as an ally and maybe gets one vote from Alec.

Keith could potentially win against Missy and Baylor since he has former allies and his son on the jury. Reid would probably not vote for either of those 2 ladies because Baylor is a brat - and Missy defended her.

While Jeremy, josh and Reed may be mad or annoyed at J&J, they all seem like huge fans of Survivor and I think it's less likely for a fan of the show to let bitter feelings dictate their jury vote. Based on that, I don't think Natalie stands a chance against John at final tribal, she might be able to beat Jax if the jury views her as having just followed her boyfriend's lead.

Missy and Baylor, Baylor she beats. Missy's a tougher call. Do the jury members view Missy as one of her alliance's leaders, was she instrumental in bringing & keeping it together, or how much say did she have in the alliance's strategies? Does the jury perceive Nat as having just been a floater in the alliance like Baylor?

Nat should be able to beat Keith just by her tribal speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
If someone referred to my mom as girl, I wouldn't yell SHE'S A MOM. Unless I were 6.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Ehhh, I don't know. I really don't see how Baylor is considered a bad person. She's boring, coasting at the game, and doesn't have any strategy, but she doesn't come off as being particularly nasty or unpleasant. She hasn't thrown any bitch fits at camp (Every contestant whose name starts with J), intentionally treated other team members like poo poo (Drew/Alec), or anything else that would make her a "brat".
Idk, Baylor does bratty things, and it owns. Just last episode, she wrote the hilariously petty "JULIE AKA TRAIL MIX" for no reason in her answer in the reward challenge, apparently had a fun squabbly relationship with Alec, rolled her eyes a lot. At minimum, you have to trust that Reed isn't an idiot and was at least trying to push an angle that had a kernel of truth.

She doesn't have no strategy, either - her and Natalie seem to be a strong pair, and she strategises and does things with Natalie without her mom. She was going to blindside Missy's biggest ally in the game without telling her!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Seriously look at how smug she is about TRAIL MIX :swoon:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really get the Baylor hate either. I mean, maybe she's incredibly lazy or rude in some way that would wear on the Survivors but I don't think any of that has made its way to the show except in Keith's complaining or Reed's random outburst. I'll give Reed the benefit of the doubt that he was just trying to stir stuff up but it seemed like kind of a mindless plan and he just kind of came off bad himself IMO.

Baylor's not a great player or anything. And she's probably not the most mature or likable person out there. But then again she's probably not the most immature and unlikable 20-year-old around. Especially one that's stuck on an island with her overbearing mom.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

Idk, Baylor does bratty things, and it owns. Just last episode, she wrote the hilariously petty "JULIE AKA TRAIL MIX" for no reason in her answer in the reward challenge, apparently had a fun squabbly relationship with Alec, rolled her eyes a lot. At minimum, you have to trust that Reed isn't an idiot and was at least trying to push an angle that had a kernel of truth.

She doesn't have no strategy, either - her and Natalie seem to be a strong pair, and she strategises and does things with Natalie without her mom. She was going to blindside Missy's biggest ally in the game without telling her!
In his boot interview with Rob, Reed said he was just mad and shouldn't have had an outburst like that, but that Baylor was being a brat at the time in his opinion. On the other hand, Tyson talked about the sort of stuff Homestar Runner was saying... that by fighting Baylor like that, he was in a way going to bat for Jaclyn. Tyson talked about how one time he told Colton he was right in an argument with Kat, because Colton had more power in the game at the time. He also mentioned a time Tina was ripping into people, especially Monica, post-Redemption Island, and how he normally wouldn't have said anything, but he went back at Tina saying she had no right to talk to Monica like that in order to position himself better with Monica. I forget if the 'brat' comment had anything to do with Jaclyn, if it really helped Jaclyn come around to Reed, or if that was more simply being left behind on reward, or if the brat comment was related to that...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I just listened to the Reed exit interview and I can just never buy it when someone comes on these things with an excuse for every perceived mistake and taking credit for a bunch of things the show didn't give him credit for. I mean, maybe its true but it always comes off very questionable when it comes at me this way. He was pushing them to ration rice. He was the one who made the Jeremy blindside happen. He had a good game with everyone until someone else poisoned the well. It just makes you wonder how objective the Survivor is being.

Although at least he admits he was an idiot for attacking Baylor.

Also Alec's an idiot.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 8, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Baylor isn't notably terrible, just the most annoying of this incredibly bland cast. Compared to a normal Survivor cast she's fine. This batch is so awful and boring she stands out.

Stick her on pretty much any other season and she's Purple Kelly.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Remember the first week or two? I seem to recall that we were cautiously optimistic and the cast seemed to suck less than the preview stuff indicated.

:sigh:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baylor pretty obviously sees herself as a very mature person by virtue of being more mature than her own mother, but doesn't realize that's only because her mother is so incredibly immature, and isn't really indicative of her general level of maturity.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Baylor pretty obviously sees herself as a very mature person by virtue of being more mature than her own mother, but doesn't realize that's only because her mother is so incredibly immature, and isn't really indicative of her general level of maturity.

How dare you call Missy immature, she is a mom.
(gives you the finger)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

HEY......... that's my MOTHER you're talking about!...

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol nobody is mature at 20

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

lol nobody is mature at 20

Counterpoint: Malala Yousafzai, who is 17.
(I'm sure there are many less extreme examples, too.)

v v v I couldn't think of a better example, but it's still true.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 9, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

thexerox123 posted:

uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I'm really close with my mom and I would be absolutely mortified if she tried to defend me while I was standing right there, fully capable of defending myself.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thexerox123 posted:

We'll see how that goes in three years.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

DaisyDanger posted:

I'm really close with my mom and I would be absolutely mortified if she tried to defend me while I was standing right there, fully capable of defending myself.

hahaha this. I'm 27 and my sister is 24, but neither of us will eat out with my mom because she still hasn't figured out that we're capable of ordering our own food in a restaurant. My sister takes the Baylor route with it but I return the favor and embarrass her back.

The reactions from mortified servers when I order a steak/burger/etc cooked one way, only for her to jump in and explain to them that's not how I really want it cooked ("He meant medium well not medium rare!") are completely hilarious though. This usually turns into a 3-5 minute argument before she'll drop it and let the server take my order. :laugh:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

thexerox123 posted:

Can't wait to see her on Survivor

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Midnightghoul posted:

Can't wait to see her on Survivor

Seems like a better fit for Big Brother.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mercaptopropyl posted:

hahaha this. I'm 27 and my sister is 24, but neither of us will eat out with my mom because she still hasn't figured out that we're capable of ordering our own food in a restaurant. My sister takes the Baylor route with it but I return the favor and embarrass her back.

The reactions from mortified servers when I order a steak/burger/etc cooked one way, only for her to jump in and explain to them that's not how I really want it cooked ("He meant medium well not medium rare!") are completely hilarious though. This usually turns into a 3-5 minute argument before she'll drop it and let the server take my order. :laugh:

Jesus Christ

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm gonna be annoyed if neither Jon nor Jaclyn goes home tonight

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
god i loving hate jaclyn

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Team Baylor continues to suck.

Love you Bay!

edit: Uuuugh, gently caress you Jon and gently caress you Getalong Gang!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh my god the Super Friends stupidity continues.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
jon and jaclyn gonna fuuuuuuck

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I hope all you dumb dumbs that think Jon is getting a "Winner's Edit" watched yet another scene where Jon has no clue what's up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Everybody in this season is so nice to each other. :3:

except Jon and Jaclyn hate each other

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: MEDIC! :siren:

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
I bet she didn't do any R.I.C.E. at all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Welp, see ya Missy.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Sit on your rear end, fail every Reward and Immunity, but you still get to vote. Do not leave you idiot.

Edit: But please still lose the game.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"The smartest thing to do."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would be a disaster at this challenge.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
This is a compelling challenge! Bravo, Survivor! :golfclap: Though it does suck you can get hosed by a gust of wind.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
C'MON NATALIE

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Natalie is Zen personified right now

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Poque posted:

C'MON NATALIE

:dance: Natalie is a beast!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
loving yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Poque posted:

loving yessssss

what he said

• Locked thread