Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

DarkstarIV posted:

I love you SE.

It's not a real percent chance as far as I know.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

https://github.com/anoyetta/ACT.MPTimer

Download link is on that page (run it through a translator to make it more clear), install it like other ACT plugins. To configure, look at this -

("Transmission delay" means transparency, credit to Chairman and postparc for translating)

Uncheck the middle box and have nothing selected in the pulldown box to get it to show up, uncheck the bottom box to be able to reposition it.

This is pretty neat. Thanks!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I love you SE.

Where is that from?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KaneTW posted:

Where is that from?

The "His Dark Materia" quest that's the last stage of the zodiac weapon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Someone posted that screenshot on the BG forums, figured it was kind of amusing. And scary.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm asking because it looks fake as hell.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kyrosiris posted:

The "His Dark Materia" quest that's the last stage of the zodiac weapon.

Oh, so it's a jokey thing on SE's part and it'll always succeed? Because that's pretty funny.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

DarkstarIV posted:

I love you SE.

No way in hell that can be even remotely real, Tanaka's no longer running this game!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Dear SE, here is a simple and easy solution for selling the devotion bracelets. wWhen the person purchasing the bracelets goes to buy them they have to choose whether or not its for them or someone else. if its for them its marked untradable if for someone else you have to put in their character name and that person has to be on your friends list for a week after or the item is removed from them and sent to you in untradable form.

any thoughts?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KaneTW posted:

I'm asking because it looks fake as hell.

Nah, same person posted it to Reddit as well as pictures of their Lilith Rod. Apparently it asks you the same thing in like four increasingly panicked "ARE YOU SURE?!?!?!?!?!" ways until you mash through it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Or we can just let people buy them with in game currency?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DarkstarIV posted:

I love you SE.

Oh hey I didn't know NC Soft was brought in to do the 2.45 patch.

Luna Was Here posted:

Dear SE, here is a simple and easy solution for selling the devotion bracelets. wWhen the person purchasing the bracelets goes to buy them they have to choose whether or not its for them or someone else. if its for them its marked untradable if for someone else you have to put in their character name and that person has to be on your friends list for a week after or the item is removed from them and sent to you in untradable form.

any thoughts?

SE not wanting to back this is dumb as hell because they sure as hell don't seem overly proactive hunting RMTers and essentially copying EVE (PLEX and such being tradeable in game) would do more to combat RMT than anything else they're likely doing right now.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 11, 2014

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Add PLEX, call them Adventuring Licenses, and get a bit tongue-in-cheek about how even the Warrior of Light has to follow international law. :v:

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Add PLEX, call them Adventuring Licenses, and get a bit tongue-in-cheek about how even the Warrior of Light has to follow international law. :v:

I don't get why not every MMO has started doing something PLEX-like, the developers still get paid for the game time, and it doesn't magically make money appear in the game.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

1342 light

put nexus light in the cash shop, Square, I loving DARE you.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I would buy it if they did that and implemented some sort of PLEX. Even at 5k gil/light it would only cost about the same as a crit/det novus.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

UraniumFuelElement posted:

I don't get why not every MMO has started doing something PLEX-like, the developers still get paid for the game time, and it doesn't magically make money appear in the game.

Please do this SE.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

*Finishes Hardflox Faststop*
"Oh huh, Baby Opo-Opo"
*Rolls Need of 99*
"Oh I already have this minion, I'll give it to our Static's new OT. Want this thing, you sounded like you do on Mumble"
"Um, yes?"
"Take it, thanks for being a friend"
*Looks up price on Market Board*
:downs:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kyrosiris posted:

Looked it up: you have to actually get through to the end of the ceremony arrangements, and then there's an NPC near the person you started it from (Zodiac <something>) that can annul your current arrangement. You can set up new ones afterwards.

Also apparently there's been a lot of people selling bracelets for gil and SE is not happy.

Update on this: You can cancel Ties that Bind at any point by talking to the Acolyte. Takes bangle and abandons quest so you can restart. Doesn't take away any of your wedding items, however.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Doublestep posted:

Update on this: You can cancel Ties that Bind at any point by talking to the Acolyte. Takes bangle and abandons quest so you can restart. Doesn't take away any of your wedding items, however.

You'll be in our thoughts going through this rough time, Doublestep. We're here for you buddy.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I just want an Alienware wedding

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How in the gently caress is Excalibur population capped at 4 am EST? I had to wait in a queue to get in!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

orange juche posted:

How in the gently caress is Excalibur population capped at 4 am EST? I had to wait in a queue to get in!
Servers just came back up from a gay catgirl marriage hotfix. Lotta people deprived of their anime fix.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
headsup y'all i hosed up and bought the wrong region card, selling it on SA-Mart right now, eu code.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687318

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I would drink an elf's piss, if it was fresh and right from the source.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I would drink an elf's piss, if it was fresh and right from the source.
Are you asking me to marry you?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Are you an elf.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013
Yo we get a snowman minion for Christmas.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

*Finishes Hardflox Faststop*
"Oh huh, Baby Opo-Opo"
*Rolls Need of 99*
"Oh I already have this minion, I'll give it to our Static's new OT. Want this thing, you sounded like you do on Mumble"
"Um, yes?"
"Take it, thanks for being a friend"
*Looks up price on Market Board*
:downs:

It is now a token of our eternal friendship

Also if you want to feel really bad:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hi, so a few goons on Excalibur have expressed interest in PvP because we all want to look glam as gently caress in our fursuits so we've made a PvP linkshell. Right now we're Adders but in 15 days if it's completely terrible we might switch to something else.

Bug Kiyro Eastknight or Lycelle Faust in game if you want an invite. We're not super hardcore or anything, but a few people coordinating in mumble can do a lot more than a single person zerging around with no real direction.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I wanna be the very best!

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Robo Reagan posted:

Hi, so a few goons on Excalibur have expressed interest in PvP because we all want to look glam as gently caress in our fursuits so we've made a PvP linkshell. Right now we're Adders but in 15 days if it's completely terrible we might switch to something else.

Bug Kiyro Eastknight or Lycelle Faust in game if you want an invite. We're not super hardcore or anything, but a few people coordinating in mumble can do a lot more than a single person zerging around with no real direction.

From my experience, Adders usually win FL on this shard, so Adders is probably a safe pick. (Source: I am in a fursuit)

EDIT: It's still so stupid that you need to all be in the same GC in order to do pre-mades for FL, I would love to join you guys but I am Maelstrom. They really need to overhaul their PvP matchmaking system as a whole, since there is already a lack of people participating that FL's, so much so that it's rarely a full 72 person match even during prime times. On top of this, there are long queue times, which makes FL even less popular.

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 11, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Blue Cow posted:

From my experience, Adders usually win FL on this shard, so Adders is probably a safe pick. (Source: I am in a fursuit)

EDIT: It's still so stupid that you need to all be in the same GC in order to do pre-mades for FL, I would love to join you guys but I am Maelstrom. They really need to overhaul their PvP matchmaking system as a whole, since there is already a lack of people participating that FL's, so much so that it's rarely a full 72 person match even during prime times. On top of this, there are long queue times, which makes FL even less popular.

Yeah, they've made some pretty bad choices with PvP so far imo. They have some changes planned in 3.0 including some new maps and a separate Frontlines map with different rules so at least they haven't forgotten it exists.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I found out I really like thaumaturge and unlocked black mage yesterday. Getting back to back thundercloud procs feels really cool.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

SarutosZero posted:

I found out I really like thaumaturge and unlocked black mage yesterday. Getting back to back thundercloud procs feels really cool.

When you get to 44, it gets even better, when you get firestarter procs.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Stupid Defiance questions here: Does it give a bonus to enmity to all attacks, or is it a one time burst on activation of the toggle? For that matter, is there any reason to toggle Defiance on and off in the middle of a dungeon that you are not massively overgeared for?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Stupid Defiance questions here: Does it give a bonus to enmity to all attacks, or is it a one time burst on activation of the toggle? For that matter, is there any reason to toggle Defiance on and off in the middle of a dungeon that you are not massively overgeared for?

Defiance gives bonus enmity for all attacks/enmity-generating effects made while Defiance is active. The only reason to toggle it off is during points where you can't activate Unchained for whatever reason and want to pump out extra damage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Unlucky7 posted:

Defiance gives an enmity bonus across the board, but it really is most significant with attacks that already have enmity multipliers like overpower, tomahawk, or butcher's block.

You toggle it off only when you need extra DPS, you're ahead enough on threat that you won't lose it, and you're not taking enough damage for it to matter.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

I have too much free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I found this yesterday. Thought it was pretty funny.

• Locked thread