Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

Tae posted:

No one mentioned Liam tried to argue that as long as Hardline's story is good, the rest doesn't matter.

A battlefield mod for all intents and purposes, all about the story.

The very first game he brings up to compare is VLR and 999.

Goddamnit, Liam.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but wow. Liam, almost no one cares about the story for Battlefield games. Come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

No one mentioned Liam tried to argue that as long as Hardline's story is good, the rest doesn't matter.

Goddamnit, Liam.

Liam has got to be trolling some of the time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That wasn't from the podcast, that was during the Hardline part of the Awards show. Even Pat was like "wtf the shooting is the only thing that matters"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The end to the new Dark Souls video is magical and I had to watch it twice. The animation (or lack of) is just too good.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tae posted:

Goddamnit, Liam.

BUT THE CONTRA

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just got around to watching the trio watching Geoff Keighley's super-duper cool self-funded game awards show. A few of the awards were a joke as expected, but the tribute to Ken and Roberta Williams, music by Koji Kondo, and the Zelda footage were all awesome.

I want to see more Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Hearthstone next year, Keighley.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Grand Cross posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but wow. Liam, almost no one cares about the story for Battlefield games. Come on.

He does though. He only plays the SP campaigns of CoD and BF.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im with liam. a battlefield game with a good single player is like.......woah

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

TheRealestMatt posted:

:stare:

On a another note, I'm glad someone finally got around to putting all the Evil Within Videos into a playlist on the channel. Because man is it a pain in the butt when I fall behind on you guys' playthrough otherwise.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

OneDeadman posted:

:stare:

On a another note, I'm glad someone finally got around to putting all the Evil Within Videos into a playlist on the channel. Because man is it a pain in the butt when I fall behind on you guys' playthrough otherwise.

All they have to do now is update DS2... Also, I remember Shitstorm 3 not being there until like super recent.

Matt, kick Pat in the rear end again and have him make more playlists! I think I sent him a message about it about 2 months ago on twitter.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Matt, how annoying is it pointing out items and stuff in Evil Within and getting ignored? It's getting to the point that I want to see another Safety Dance montage of sorts.
Well it's mostly cause the hanging corpses in that last update were incredibly obvious, letterboxing or not. Heck, the camera even lets you see them all during the cutscene on the catwalk.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When is the Sony conference video going up? I have to see Pat's reaction to the Yakuza 5 announcement. I need it

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

When is the Sony conference video going up? I have to see Pat's reaction to the Yakuza 5 announcement. I need it

Tomorrow night per Pat's twitter unless something else delays it.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Seriously? Wow. Different strokes I guess. I personally found all of them, besides Bad Company 1 and 2, to be really boring.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I love how the only thing you two become afraid of in TEW are the inevitable horrible survival horror game segment tropes you both predict. It's the impending boredom and tedium that really sends a shiver down your spines.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

HGH posted:

Matt, how annoying is it pointing out items and stuff in Evil Within and getting ignored? It's getting to the point that I want to see another Safety Dance montage of sorts.
Well it's mostly cause the hanging corpses in that last update were incredibly obvious, letterboxing or not. Heck, the camera even lets you see them all during the cutscene on the catwalk.

Right now, it's Woolie in Dark Souls that's driving me crazy with the items. He's been running past so much poo poo that even Pat has had to tell him to go back and pick stuff up lately. And holy poo poo the chest thing from the last video. I understand the snow makes it hard to see, but there are places where you just know there are going to be items.

But the ending definitely made up for it. :allears:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is the F2P model of Killer Instinct really as good as the guys said on the podcast?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Have you and Pat played Dark Souls longer than Skyrim by now?

And what are your thoughts on Witcher 3 being moved to May?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think they addressed that (or delays in general) in a recent podcast - delays are annoying, but with 2014 being notable for a number of games being released in a hilariously unfinished state, it's a good sign when developers are willing to push things back in order to actually fix them before release.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

fatherboxx posted:

Is the F2P model of Killer Instinct really as good as the guys said on the podcast?

Its not really free to play. I mean, you can buy everything the main game has to offer straight off the bat, and that's it. The free to play aspect of it, is that you can download the base game, with only one character unlocked, and you can use him in every mode until they rotate the character out. If you really like the game, you can buy everything, or if you fought against 2-3 characters that you think look really cool, you can just buy them. It's a very flexible system that just lets you pick and choose what you want before really committing, or you can commit right the gently caress away.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Have you and Pat played Dark Souls longer than Skyrim by now?

Do any of the Zaibatsu really love Skyrim? I can't recall anyone from the gang speaking with great enthusiasm about the Elder Scrolls, maybe I'm wrong about that. Also, Matt doesn't play Dark Souls, he said so two days ago in this thread.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

Do any of the Zaibatsu really love Skyrim? I can't recall anyone from the gang speaking with great enthusiasm about the Elder Scrolls, maybe I'm wrong about that. Also, Matt doesn't play Dark Souls, he said so two days ago in this thread.

Isn't Pat a big fan of TES or am I just misremembering?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Grand Cross posted:

Isn't Pat a big fan of TES or am I just misremembering?

He was pretty enthusiastic about it in their Machinima video for Skyrim, but I don't know if it was just for the video or because he's actually a fan.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

All I remember is him being enthusiastic about role playing as his favorite Mortal Kombat character in the game.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Holy poo poo I forgot about reptile the INVISIBLESSED

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

All I remember is him being enthusiastic about role playing as his favorite Mortal Kombat character in the game.

He was pretty hyped up about it when they pulled up the title screen to the game too, but it may have just been as a foil to Matt.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Dropping exclusive news here for you guys. There will be no Friday Night Fisticuffs tomorrow.

There'll be something else instead.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Dropping exclusive news here for you guys. There will be no Friday Night Fisticuffs tomorrow.

Finally, the Melty Blood weekly series I've been waiting for!

(Looking forward to whatever it is, Matt)

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
Friday night mount your friends.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Liam finally snapped and is gonna hunt you guys for sport huh?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

New Fighterpedia on Friday confirmed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Creep Anime Bullshit of Akibastrip.

E: Sony video still isn't up so I guess that's what it actually is.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 12, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One of my friends told me that "Pat totally said the sony video is coming on Thursday night" so been eagerly waiting for that :argh:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm in the same boat, but I checked Pat's Twitter replies again and he told someone else it might not go up until tomorrow.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Pat's clearly trying to hide from the internet his shame from running throughout the rich countryside of Canada yelling "YAKUZA 5" to any and all people he passes by.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Is there some running joke I missed or has Pat picked up another verbal tic with the "excuse me" thing from Evil Within?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

Is there some running joke I missed or has Pat picked up another verbal tic with the "excuse me" thing from Evil Within?

No, he's just Canadian.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rare footage of woolie being a coin holder

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Oh my god this video is too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

D'awww, when his legs are moving you can tell he's dreaming about EX Rainbow Balls.