Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I haven't been able to follow the series that well due to too much work, but I sure picked a good time to catch up!

That dick-punch. :allears: The dramatic scene prior to that with the Bearguy F and crying Little Guy was great as well. Now I want to see a montage of the baby Bearguy punching all sorts of gunpla in the cock(pit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Reviewing the race/fight a few times, something interesting stands out to me.

During her one-on-one fight against Taku, Mirai has Mama-Beargguy shield the Petit-Beargguy with its body to protect it from the Turn A's beam rifle. But that's kind of pointless, right? I mean, model damage level set to B means that it wouldn't have really done anything.

Except the system's damage level wasn't set to B when it was started up. In fact, there was no damage level indicated at all during the setup, which means it was likely left on whatever the default setting is. We know that "B" is the "slight cosmetic damage, limbs can be popped off" setting, and since it has to be specifically set, it's most likely not the default. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "A" is the default damage level (since logically A comes before B comes before C), and that's what the race was being run in. After all, whoever sponsored this thing wasn't expecting it to actually turn into a battle, so why would they bother adjusting the damage level?

So when Taku fired on the Petit-Beargguy it's entirely likely that he could have destroyed it with a shot that powerful. Mirai chose to sacrifice her first gunpla that she built to protect the gift Yuuma gave her. (On that note, the fact that Mama-Beargguy was still in one piece after tanking that hit is a credit to both Yuuma as her teacher and her as a student.)

The practical upshot to all this? If it was set to A, then that means Petit-Beargguy absolutely wrecked that Turn A's cockpit. :owned:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

During her one-on-one fight against Taku, Mirai has Mama-Beargguy shield the Petit-Beargguy with its body to protect it from the Turn A's beam rifle. But that's kind of pointless, right? I mean, model damage level set to B means that it wouldn't have really done anything.

Except the system's damage level wasn't set to B when it was started up. In fact, there was no damage level indicated at all during the setup, which means it was likely left on whatever the default setting is. We know that "B" is the "slight cosmetic damage, limbs can be popped off" setting, and since it has to be specifically set, it's most likely not the default. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "A" is the default damage level (since logically A comes before B comes before C), and that's what the race was being run in. After all, whoever sponsored this thing wasn't expecting it to actually turn into a battle, so why would they bother adjusting the damage level?

So when Taku fired on the Petit-Beargguy it's entirely likely that he could have destroyed it with a shot that powerful. Mirai chose to sacrifice her first gunpla that she built to protect the gift Yuuma gave her. (On that note, the fact that Mama-Beargguy was still in one piece after tanking that hit is a credit to both Yuuma as her teacher and her as a student.)

The practical upshot to all this? If it was set to A, then that means Petit-Beargguy absolutely wrecked that Turn A's cockpit. :owned:

Uhhhh, I think you might be overthinking this. :catstare:

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Bimmi posted:

Turn A looks impressively evil in Titans drag.
But that's not anywhere near Titans colors. It'd look way cooler if it was.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bimmi posted:

Turn A looks impressively evil in Titans drag.

Also, this had better mean something because it's just too cruel otherwise:

It only means something if we're also getting a Beargguy II and Cziommer Custom Zakrello.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Uznare posted:

But that's not anywhere near Titans colors. It'd look way cooler if it was.

…. what?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

W.T. Fits posted:

Go outside and talk to another human being instead of watching anime next time you want to watch anime.

Bimmi posted:

…. what?

Titan colors are dark Blue not Black.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's Trombe colors.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BlitzBlast posted:

It's Trombe colors.
I have no idea what you're talking about, Trombe clea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmTJVew_tY

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Ah yes, who could forget the classic first episode of Zeta, "Dark-Blue Gundam"?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bimmi posted:

Ah yes, who could forget the classic first episode of Zeta, "Dark-Blue Gundam"?

Same actually. I mean look at all the black on this mobile suit. Nothing Blue about this poo poo at all.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same actually. I mean look at all the black on this mobile suit. Nothing Blue about this poo poo at all.

Yeah, it's really more of a purple.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Uhhhh, I think you might be overthinking this. :catstare:

Yeah, possibly.

Go outside and talk to another human being instead of watching anime next time you want to watch anime.

Nah, not gonna happen. But feel free to take your own advice, I'm sure it'll do wonders for you.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
So guys how about that Turn A set-your-gunpla sound effect, wasn't it orgasmic. *PYOWSSSH...TRRRRR*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Try has been generally lacking in gundam eye noises, but that one certainly did not disappoint.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Based on the VAs (and the name) the dude who showed up in the stinger is the same dude who wrecked Yuuma's poo poo way back in the episode 2 flashback.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Pretty sure it's blue for the same reason the Red Comet uses pink Mobile Suits; it shows up better in that style and technology of animation.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.lantis.jp/special/gbft/sp/index.html

OST 1 samples are now available.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Pureauthor posted:

Based on the VAs (and the name) the dude who showed up in the stinger is the same dude who wrecked Yuuma's poo poo way back in the episode 2 flashback.

Which is weird because he looks literally nothing like what we saw of edgeman back then.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This is what I got:

quote:

1. Try Fighters
2. Clear and Serene (I think this was the name of Super Mode in G Gundam? It's a generic martial arts thing but still)
3. Strike, Spirit, Snipe!
4. Gun Dabada Gun Dabada (???)
5. Seihou Academy Gunpla Battle Room
6. "It's not done yet! What are you doing!?" (???)
7. A young lady…
8. Finishing Attack!
9. Your Fighting Spirit Will Change the World!
10. This Hand of Mine Glows with an Awesome Light! (literally this hand of mine howls with light but come on)
11. Gunpla Match
12. "This will end it! The topcoat!"
13. The Hesitant Soldiers
14. "Out of the way, super small fry."
15. Fall, Praying Mantis!
16. Melancholy of the Missed Shot
17. It's Love, Boy
18. The Chime of Resting Spirits
19. War in the Plastic (yes, it's a 0080 reference)
20. Power Down (???)
21. The School in the Hills
22. Know Shame, Mongrel!
23. "That gunpla, it's been customized!"
24. "Hahahahaha, there's only one left!"
25. I Can't Wait for Next Wednesday
26. Foolish Disciple of Twilight
27. "It's a shame, but this show is only two cours."
28. The Keenness of the Faded Color of Plastic at Night
29. "I'm left-handed!"

EDIT: Also 24 is the best track.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 11, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

This is what I got:

Not seeing any flamenco in there, but "It's a shame, but this show is only two cours." and "I'm left handed!" are pretty rad titles, as are most of them.

"Out of the way, super small fry." has to be Sekai's master's theme.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
JFC "War in the Plastic" that's terrible. :ughh:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I think my favorite is "This will end it! The topcoat!"

Other than that, there's a disturbing lack of flamenco. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Flamenco, and any returning S1 character themes for that matter, will probably be on the second disc.

chumbler posted:

"Out of the way, super small fry." has to be Sekai's master's theme.

If it's anyone's, it's Shimon's. Probably just fight music though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder which one is the theme that plays whenever someone prepares to bust out the Jigen Haoh style beatdown.

(Don't have the ability to go through the samples right now.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Seriously though, despite lack of flamenco so far, this soundtrack is still really, really good.

Track 10 is easily my favorite, and as far as I'm concerned it's Shimon's theme because it played during his fight, which is thus far the best in the season. I refuse to associate it with Sekai because Sekai sucks.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 11, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder which one is the theme that plays whenever someone prepares to bust out the Jigen Haoh style beatdown.

Clear and Serene of course. This Hand of Mine is the more dramatic version.

EDIT: V It's a saying: As Clear as a Mirror, as Serene as Still Water.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 11, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

明鏡止水

Literal translation is 'Clear Mirror Still Water' I think.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 11, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It might be me, but I feel like that Strike, Spirit, Snipe is almost definitely a Super Robot Wars reference, given that those are all spirit commands in SRW that generally enhance accuracy (Strike), amplify damage (Spirit), and extend weapon range (Snipe).

Course, I could also be dumb and wrong. :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

It might be me, but I feel like that Strike, Spirit, Snipe is almost definitely a Super Robot Wars reference, given that those are all spirit commands in SRW that generally enhance accuracy (Strike), amplify damage (Spirit), and extend weapon range (Snipe).

Course, I could also be dumb and wrong. :v:

It's a reference to the trio team that the show is about. The Punch Man, The Lady keeping this poo poo show together, and the angry team sniper.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It could also be that, yes. My mind just immediately thought of SRW references, given how reference-laden the show is usually.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It'd be 必中, 気合, 狙撃 instead of 必中、魂、狙撃 if that were the reference. Remember, Spirit is a... questionable translation of Yell.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Of course, Soul is a spirit command too.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. My bad. Lousy goodfornothing fan-translations! :argh:

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

It'd be 必中, 気合, 狙撃 instead of 必中、魂、狙撃 if that were the reference. Remember, Spirit is a... questionable translation of Yell.

To be fair, 魂 is also a spirit command.

But no, I don't think that's what they were going for.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Not that 魂 isn't also a SRW spell, but no it's not that. I don't know why it would be.

e: pffft lol

though

Monathin posted:

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. My bad. Lousy goodfornothing fan-translations! :argh:

It's not a fan translation thing, it's from Atlus' official release. The old rear end SRW3 translation has different weirdness going on that nobody pays any mind to because it's so questionable in basically every way.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh yeah, Soul.

Not gonna lie, I went with "Spirit" entirely because the Robot Spirits line was on my mind at the time. and on my desk

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We need a gif of Mirai reacting to the series of boxes Yuuma shows her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I thought the R-Gyagya's shield gimmick was just going to be like saws attached to the extensions but looking at the release kit the things have boosters on them so basically they are chakrams. Also she can pass one her beam swords through the shield to give it a big central spike AND her wing things in the back are gatlings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The shield swords are just natural parts of the weapon. It's literally the Gyan Vulcan's Valuable Pod attachment.

• Locked thread