Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

BlueBayou posted:

I hope it turns out that the two witnesses are Jenny and Abbie. And they've just thought it was Crane because he was present during all this wacky stuff. But really its Jenny.

Because it totally should be them.
Perhaps we have more than one pair of witnesses in play.

Ichabod may have been chosen as one years ago, but due to taking the Horseman's head and then 200 years of sleeping, another pair of witnesses were chosen to prevent Moloch's next try. Then suddenly Ichabod is back, and now the prophecies are all hosed up and off-balance. Katrina's coven did punish her pretty hard for saving Ichabod's life, so it must have been a pretty big no-no.

Or Katrina is Ichabod's Witness-partner, and the coven just stuck her in purgatory so they still had a chance of being a matched set when he woke up. Even if Ichabod hadn't freed her, she may have been around at the end. When Moloch started to merge the worlds, some of his army slipped through. Perhaps the plan was for Katrina to come with them and do some last-minute save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That would be a nice companion point to Moloch revealing that Hell's been deploying Horsemen throughout history to set off the apocalypse.

Maybe Heaven's been doing the same with Witnesses to continually avert it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Binary Badger posted:

Skype has been capable of calling regular voice line numbers (for a fee) since forever.

I meant like....holding a tablet up to your face.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm sure its speakerphone.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Robot Hobo posted:

Ichabod may have been chosen as one years ago, but due to taking the Horseman's head and then 200 years of sleeping, another pair of witnesses were chosen to prevent Moloch's next try. Then suddenly Ichabod is back, and now the prophecies are all hosed up and off-balance. Katrina's coven did punish her pretty hard for saving Ichabod's life, so it must have been a pretty big no-no.

Or Katrina is Ichabod's Witness-partner, and the coven just stuck her in purgatory so they still had a chance of being a matched set when he woke up. Even if Ichabod hadn't freed her, she may have been around at the end. When Moloch started to merge the worlds, some of his army slipped through. Perhaps the plan was for Katrina to come with them and do some last-minute save.
The problem with Katrina/Jenny/Irving being underused really comes down to the writers not having any reason to split them off occasionally. It would be more interesting if they paired off Abbie and Ichabod with the other characters occasionally or something came up that required them to be separate. We got a bit of this in some season 2 episodes but nothing really significant really except Ichabod and Jenny in the premiere and even at the end into purgatory he was all "I got this now".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think a specific complaint was constantly bringing on Hawley to be the #3 in situations that they could've used Jenny with some minor rewriting.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Lycus posted:

I think a specific complaint was constantly bringing on Hawley to be the #3 in situations that they could've used Jenny with some minor rewriting.

That too.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Lycus posted:

I get the feeling that Hawley was fully clued into the supernatural from the get-go despite his previous claims. I suspect he was helping Team Witness both from attraction to Abbie and because he was actually working for a different archdemon to sabotage Moloch.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The whole Henry reversal uggajghjdfhg

I hate that they are making him have daddy issues.

It's not like "suddenly grown-up child who is mad at his dad" hasnt been done well. Look at Angel! oh. wait. no. dont look at Angel.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Anyone else think this when Irving lopped the War knight's arm?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Metropolis posted:

I also wonder, the way the sword's magic curse thingy is worded, that if it destroys a soul then it also destroys the wielder's. But if the wielder can be protected by already having their soul claimed, then perhaps the same applies in revere? i.e. if you use it to kill someone whose soul is already claimed, then it won't kill you, because the sword can't destroy a soul already spoken for.

I got the impression it wasn't the curse that killed him, but that wound to his side the Armor of War struck before Irving did his thing.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I liked the part where Moloch revealed that being a Horseman isn't exactly a permanent thing. So who knows how many times Moloch has tried this?

I am really glad that they stated this on screen. I want Abraham to piss off and we can go back to having a no face Headless stomping around

Also surprised at no tease of: The Kindred, the other 2 horsemen

Also wtf, did we see ANYTHING with Hawley after they left him there? It will be cool to see how that goes down

Robot Hobo posted:

That is kind of like a Buffy storyline but hell, it would work

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Valeyard posted:

That is kind of like a Buffy storyline but hell, it would work
It just seemed to me that if the Witnesses are necessary to stop the Horsemen, and Moloch said there have been many Horsemen in the past that have been replaced, then it's likely there were other pairs of Witnesses in the past too. The assumption was that this ultimate battle to avert Armageddon was a one-time thing, and maybe that assumption was just incorrect.

If the Witnesses show up to counter the Horsemen, then Abraham becoming the Horseman of Death might mean that a Witness would be drawn there by fate to fight him. Ichabod was there and he did the job, even to the point of sacrificing his life to the fight. (until Katrina meddled)

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 3, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

johntfs posted:

I get the feeling that Hawley was fully clued into the supernatural from the get-go despite his previous claims. I suspect he was helping Team Witness both from attraction to Abbie and because he was actually working for a different archdemon to sabotage Moloch.

That might be more interesting, but personally I really never got the impression that Hawley was more complex than the affable rogue archetype.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

This episode was great! I had a lot of fun. It was pure, glorious Sleepy Hollow. Ichabod 's face when he got off the motorcycle was priceless. Only 2 nags. 1. Where did Ichabod happen to find a perfectly fitted scabbard for the sword? 2. Goddammit, Katrina, the runes were on the blade of the sword, specifically the ricasso! The hilt would be the handle!

Also, am I the only one that saw Henry killing Moloch from a mile away?

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 3, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

10 Beers posted:

Also, am I the only one that saw Henry killing Koloa from a mile away?

No, but the way it was done was still epic. He went all biblical revisionist. Like father like son.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
This is your friendly reminder not to attempt to motivate underlings by taunting them with how replaceable they are.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tortolia posted:

This is your friendly reminder not to attempt to motivate underlings by taunting them with how replaceable they are.

Moloch is another honours graduate of the Megatron School of Villany.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ernie. posted:

No, but the way it was done was still epic. He went all biblical revisionist. Like father like son.

Yeah, I thought it would be a "gently caress you, I'll just take your place murder." Still could be, though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I hope they keep him a wild card, as the show would loose a lot if they got rid of John Noble.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BlueBayou posted:

It's not like "suddenly grown-up child who is mad at his dad" hasnt been done well. Look at Angel! oh. wait. no. dont look at Angel.

IRL like half the population has unresolved issues with one (or more) of their parents/caregivers. [citation needed] It seems super common, or maybe everyone I know is just hosed up.

Being locked in a box underground for years would seriously gently caress up anyone. It's amazing Henry is as functional as he is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BlueBayou posted:

You mean a huge part of his character since it was revealed that he was Ichabod's son?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I guess I just find it frustrating that both horsemen have issues of one kind or another

Ok how about this. Henry can stay complicated, but ole Abe needs to lose all his angst and just go back to being a shotgun wielding no head having badass

Like, take away any last scraps of humanity in exchange for him no longer being vulnerable to the sun. That'd be cool.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BlueBayou posted:

I guess I just find it frustrating that both horsemen have issues of one kind or another

Imma go out on a limb here, but maybe anyone who thinks that ending the world and putting a literal demon in charge is a good idea has "issues".

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope they keep him a wild card, as the show would loose a lot if they got rid of John Noble.

Regardless how exactly his betrayal plays out, I seriously doubt they would get rid of John Noble.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Henry using the sword on Moloch was the most predictable ending. As soon as that scene started, it was pretty much telegraphed.

But the worst? The worst was Irving doing that sword twirl before attempting to stab War, giving him enough time to deflect the thrust, leading to Irving's death.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 3, 2014

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
If anyone is near Wilmington NC.....https://www.facebook.com/events/359553707551101/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Join us for the celebration of the life of Capt. Frank Irving
our beloved servant of this earth. There will a live New Orleans Style Band directed by Leroy Harper Jr. Eulogy by The Rev. Brick Jackson Brick Jackson Full burial procession after the funeral followed by a celebration wake at KGB on the corner of Princess and Front Street.
Come show your love for one of our own. Black funeral attire suggested.
THE IS A FULL FILMED PRODUCTION.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!
#mockservice

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I king of like Henry and his parental issues. There's something deeply funny about an angry, sulky teenage senior citizen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Henry using the sword on Moloch was the most predictable ending. As soon as that scene started, it was pretty much telegraphed.

But the worst? The worst was Irving doing that sword twirl before attempting to stab War, giving him enough time to deflect the thrust, leading to Irving's death.

Both of those things owned a lot sorry.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

johntfs posted:

I king of like Henry and his parental issues. There's something deeply funny about an angry, sulky teenage senior citizen.

He needs some fatherly advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9YP1cl42s

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Great mid-season finale, but I am also super disappointed at no last minute showing up of Franklinstein's monster.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The mid season finale was okay but had substantial pacing issues, it was plodding and very predictable. Overall I'm disappointed enough in season two that I'm considering deleting the timer.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Give it at least another episode or two just to see how things shake out after the last episode.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Really hoping War just decides that God and Moloch are both awful and just wants to kill everyone.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
They just gave a whiny immortal teenager with daddy issues a sword that can kill anything. This still has great potential.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Imasalmon posted:

They just gave a whiny immortal teenager with daddy issues a sword that can kill anything. This still has great potential.

Sleepy Hollow has become an anime series, hasn't it?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

nine-gear crow posted:

Sleepy Hollow has become an anime series, hasn't it?
Jeremy. Get in the loving golem.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sleepy Hollow has always pretty much been anime. Like just imagine most of what happen already if it was animated.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
i find myself oddly relieved and disappointed with the internet today. After running a search for "Sleepy Hollow TV characters as anime" I was only able to find this

instead of the twisted treasure trove of large eyed, small mouthed Ichabods, Abbies and Katrinas that I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

johntfs posted:

i find myself oddly disappointed with the internet today.

• Locked thread