Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Launch console, no stand, no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Did something happen to the web browser on the PS4? I can't load up the twitch site on it anymore, I keep getting the "Out of system memory" error. Seems like a lot of people got it after a couple patches ago.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
How long does "please wait" need to wait on system setup after all the privacy "close friends of friends" stuff? It's been 5 minutes now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

haveblue posted:

I will say the stand blocks some airflow, but the whole indent in the ps4 is giant intake vents. I doubt you could realistically block enough to mess with it.

Vertical consoles forever.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Rinkles posted:

Yeah I'm not too big a fan of racing games but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfLRV-fUYLE

Can we have this weather tech in the next elder scrolls?

FYI, I don't think that is actually in the game yet. At least, it wasn't in the game on its release.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

haveblue posted:

Bombadilillo posted:

I will say the stand blocks some airflow, but the whole indent in the ps4 is giant intake vents. I doubt you could realistically block enough to mess with it.

:hfive:

Thanks, guys. I currently have the PS4 and my 360 both standing vertically on the same shelf and I like them like this way more than I did horizontally.

I've got enough space for ventilation for both, except for that side vent being kind of blocked.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

Sorry for telling you where to find people who have literally been talking about what you are asking for 3 weeks straight. And continue to talk about it as you post here.

Dipshit.

You obviously play destiny.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I've had mine vertical for months now without issue.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Static Rook posted:

The music thing is usually because you can't stream licensed music, or at least there are some goofy rules regarding it, so people just play their friends' lovely mathcore band or something. Maybe with Google buying Songza and Twitch streamers will be able to use better music (they won't).

I thought it was just because of uploading it to Youtube later. If they have music on while streaming it's baked in, and popular music will be picked up by the youtube content id bot. I've seen some streamers have licensed music on if they don't plan to upload it to YT later.

e: I have no idea if this is different for PS4 tho.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That one got very money-grubby very fast. It has ads in the thing. Didn't we learn our lesson from MotionInJoy?

You want this one (also named DS4Windows even though it's a different fork because I don't know why).

Well poo poo. I even donated that few dollars to get rid of the ads and still looks like garbage compared to this. I'm swapping.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well poo poo. I even donated that few dollars to get rid of the ads and still looks like garbage compared to this. I'm swapping.

I wonder if and how many conflicts installing this one will cause if one has been using the other? I switched forks with the DS3 drivers on my old system and the bluetooth features stopped working. I'm not sure I want to go through the bother of switching right now, but if this one is significantly more stable...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I used DS4Tool to play the PC version of AssCreed Unity with my DS4 and it worked perfectly fine. But DS4Windows looks good too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

FYI, I don't think that is actually in the game yet. At least, it wasn't in the game on its release.

It's in. Been for a few days at least. The thread focused on it heavily for a day or so.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So everyone claims DriveClub is fixed. It says I have 2 challenges. I go to the Challenge Screen and I see one Solo and one Club. I click them and it loads up a screen that says "No challenges Found."

What gives?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Plat'd Duck Dynasty today. What a terrible idea.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

arbybaconator posted:

Why in the hell would you do this :negative:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

arbybaconator posted:

Congratulations on the platinum, gamer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Weird Challenge issues aside, I gotta say, playing online is nothing like it was. No skipping/invisible/jumping cars. Bumps seem less severe between players. Lobbies and multiplayer loads more than 95% of the time. It feels good.

[edit] Right after I posted that, I got a message about being disconnected from the DriveClub server. Part of me wonders if things only got better because everyone gave up on it but the folks who came rushing back are overloading it again. There's no way... is there?!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 11, 2014

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bombadilillo posted:

If you bought the official stand (official-ish in North America*) it has vents in the base, bringing in more air than standing it up naked would.

*Sony did not produce stands in North America. Aside from trade dress, the Rocketfish (Best Buy) and Red Samurai (Gamestop) versions are functionally identical, visually identical once installed, and likely produced from the same dies with only a different brand emboss.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The PS4 version of Tales from the Borderlands seems to have a lot of framerate issues and glitches. Nothing that made me have to restart or anything, but it was weird because Game of Thrones was perfect.

How is The Wolf Among Us on PS4?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Telltale Games have some of the worst programmers in the business. It seems like their games run like poo poo at least half the time on all systems they get released on. If you get a smooth ride with one of their games, then you are one of the lucky ones.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:hfive:

Thanks, guys. I currently have the PS4 and my 360 both standing vertically on the same shelf and I like them like this way more than I did horizontally.

I've got enough space for ventilation for both, except for that side vent being kind of blocked.

Mine is vertical as well and I found some rubber bumper things (like 5 mm thick and 1 cm across) and put 6 of them under the side so it's a bit off the surface and it works well - fan doesn't get any louder than horizontally.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

12 Month Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus Subscription Card $35 rakuten - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/139384

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I'm weird. I like to watch people stream with the hopes of them loving up and dying. Alien Isolation has provided me lots of entertainment.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

blackguy32 posted:

I'm weird. I like to watch people stream with the hopes of them loving up and dying. Alien Isolation has provided me lots of entertainment.

I watch people play horror games because I love them but am a weak weak man.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Was able to download game of thrones, using my acccount, on a friend's PS4.

Pretty sure I'm going to have to re-initalize or whatever its called, though when I clicked that option it urged to "deactivate the ps4 as my primary account" which sounded really scary and skullfucking.

Any idea what that means, and if I should do that?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Neron posted:

Anyone still playing Spelunky? I need more people in the daily leaderboards. PSN ID HubbaDucky

Hell yeah I do. I finally managed to clear the game through Hell. :madmax:

I want some Spelunky PS4 players as well. My friend daily list only has 1 to 4 people playing it now. PSN ID thebiglouie

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

arbybaconator posted:

What the gently caress, Duck Dynasty as a video game?

What the hell do you actually do?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Wade Wilson posted:

What the gently caress, Duck Dynasty as a video game?

What the hell do you actually do?

Shoot ducks

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Twibbit posted:

Shoot ducks

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Yechezkel posted:

Hell yeah I do. I finally managed to clear the game through Hell. :madmax:

I want some Spelunky PS4 players as well. My friend daily list only has 1 to 4 people playing it now. PSN ID thebiglouie
Congrats. I put down Spelunky for awhile after beating Yama but I think I'll come back to it now I've cleared some of my backlog and at least do the dailies. PSN - Taratang

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Did something happen to the web browser on the PS4? I can't load up the twitch site on it anymore, I keep getting the "Out of system memory" error. Seems like a lot of people got it after a couple patches ago.
Close any running applications and see if that helps. I had to close Netflix to watch the PSX stream. Hold the PS button and use the Close Application option from there and kill anything that is running.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I can't find Part 3 of the InFamous Second Son paper trail. Do I have to finish the story first?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Croccers posted:

I can't find Part 3 of the InFamous Second Son paper trail. Do I have to finish the story first?

No, you probably just haven't finished that stage on the website. It will explicitly tell you when to go back to the game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

haveblue posted:

No, you probably just haven't finished that stage on the website. It will explicitly tell you when to go back to the game.
I found Judge Paulson dead in Video Nerd's lair
From my site profile too:

But nothing on the in-game map

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I read somewhere (possibly here) that some of the new themes can cause this issue, if you're not using the default one already try switching back to it.

470nanometers
May 24, 2012

Croccers posted:

I'm pretty sure that you have to finish the story first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yep yep yep yep yep yep yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So where can I preorder?

• Locked thread