Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I thought I was just joking when I said his main credentials were friends with A Gracie but lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I thought I was just joking when I said his main credentials were friends with A Gracie but lmbo

His main credential is 2 million Twitter followers lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

His main credential is 2 million Twitter followers lmao

His main credential is that a lot of dorks will probably pay money to see him fight someone who is probably a hobo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

To be fair that worked for Kevin Casey getting into TUF.

The way I look at it is UFC knows that CM Punk has almost no training but they're going to use that to market Punk to fans who don't give a poo poo about pro wrestling. A lot of fans of the sport are either fighters themselves, amateurs, or have some history with a martial art here and there. Like half of the posters in these threads train at some gym or at least wrestled in high school or whatever. But then there's that other half that doesn't do poo poo but play video games and go to work & still fantasizes about being a UFC fighter. Punk gets to live that dream, where the best camps in the world are literally begging him to come train there, and people get to live vicariously through him because of his celebrity status.

It's insanity and isn't sport but I'm gonna watch it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I am a blue belt (so apparently I am more skilled on the ground then punk) and have rolled with a real low level UFC fighter (Charles Rosa who debuted a few months back), and let's just say punk better start hitting the mats pretty hard.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If Punk's not even a blue belt the only way I could see him having a decent chance at winning, especially if his first fight is within like 4 months since it's supposed to be around Wrestlemania, is if his opponent is literally me, a fat nerd whose last real-world fight was like 10 years ago, or if his opponent gets paid to take a dive.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'll fight CM Punk. I am a flyweight but I can wear ankle weights and a jacket stuffed with stacks of cash onto the scale so that I make something close to 185.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'll be that guy wearing jeans to the weigh-ins if necessary.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
CM Punk should fight Reagan Penn. Win/win for UFC in that one. Then all they have to do is switch him for BJ after the fight and everybody will be chearing BJ Penn is Back!!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
punk just got interviewed, punk just got called CM Phil by the FS1 live guy and talked about making GBS threads himself

looks like 185

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

185 would mean jason frank could proably cut down and we could do power ranger vs cm phil

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CM Punk says his striking is his weakest skill but tbqh I bet you could shoot a low single and ankle lock him instantly.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

What does punk walk around at, because I feel like 185 is where you start running into serious power.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

yo, i just saw this and its hilarious

quote:

PETEY WILLIAMS: "In Spring 2004, myself, Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Sabu, and Jack Evans were the only people who witnessed the fight (between CM Punk and Teddy Hart) with our eyeballs. What happened was we used to eat at this place called the White Trash Café, just a name, that's where we used to have our catering at; it was right across the street from where we filmed. I didn't know that they had beef with each other at all; I wasn't hip to what was going on on the internet. Apparently they bad mouthed each other on the internet; I don't know the whole story behind the back story. We're eating and I saw Teddy and Jack walk in there and then me Sabin and Johnny Devine were walking away and they were like hey Punk is in the restaurant and Teddy just walked in, want to see what happens? I'm like what's going on guys? They said you know (Punk and Hart) don't like each other. We turned around and pretty much like Teddy and Punk walked out and it was kind of like, one of them says you've got a problem, he's like you've got a problem? There was like one shove, I can't remember who shoved whose shirt first.

Then it was just a couple of quick punches, Teddy got the upper hand I think like Punk kind of tripped and Teddy kind of tripped him over or something so he was on his rear end. Teddy was like punching him, and then Sabu jumped in, this all happened within 20 seconds. Sabu jumped in and kind of tore them apart and as Sabu is trying to tear them apart Teddy still has Punk's hair and is trying to kick him in the face.

teddy loving hart beat up cm punk lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Whoever fights Punk is gonna be a 0-0 guy who walks around near 185.

Edit: or a fat 170

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

What does punk walk around at, because I feel like 185 is where you start running into serious power.

I feel like there's some dudes at 170 with a lot of power

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I feel like it won't be hard to find a guy with enough power to knockout a professional wrestler with no striking or really grappling experience

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

askren vs punk, im telling you its the best option

amateur vs pro wrestling, big personalities

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They need to get Jake Shields back in the UFC. No knockout.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

They need to get Jake Shields back in the UFC. No knockout.

A dude that's not even a blue belt versus the AMERICAN JIU JITSU BUZZSAW?

That's cruel

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

dear mr. nice, is cain pillow fisted enough to not KO punk?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

I feel like there's some dudes at 170 with a lot of power

There absolutely are, but when you get to middleweight you're getting 6'+, 200 lbs+ men who train to hit people, so it doesn't matter who you are that poo poo is going to gently caress you up.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

yo when is brandon thatch coming back, he was a loving killer and he hasn't fought in over a year

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They realistically need to find a pillow fisted featherweight who might walk around at a fat 180.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Ask Nick Newell how much he really, really needs that 2nd arm.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Cathal Pendred seems to think he'll be the guy to fight Punk.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Cathal Pendred will maul punk.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

yo when is brandon thatch coming back, he was a loving killer and he hasn't fought in over a year

Rukus vs Wonderboy on the Brown vs Saffiedine card in February.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

Cathal Pendred seems to think he'll be the guy to fight Punk.

He's gotta just be talking poo poo, the UFC isn't going to make that fight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Rukus vs Wonderboy on the Brown vs Saffiedine card in February.

oh no poo poo? that sounds cool as poo poo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Do you think Sakuraba could get sanctioned anywhere? I'd make that fight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Cathal Pendred is way too experienced for a first fight, he's trying to talk himself into being that dude tho

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

Do you think Sakuraba could get sanctioned anywhere? I'd make that fight.

yo, do that poo poo in japan, inoki would cum his jesus-toga

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

Do you think Sakuraba could get sanctioned anywhere?

I seriously doubt it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i would be 100% for UFC ###: Sakuraba vs Punk

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Bubba Smith posted:

Like half of the posters in these threads train at some gym or at least wrestled in high school or whatever.

my lasting lesson from high school wrestling is that if i tried MMA i'd get loving mollywhopped really goddamn bad. maybe punk should've gone through the amateur ranks instead of going pro in someone's backyard so early

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Punk's favorite all time fighter is Dan Henderson so he's not all bad

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Punk is a larger than average guy but i don't see how he isn't going to look smaller and physically outclassed at middleweight. RIP CM Phil

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Punk is a larger than average guy but i don't see how he isn't going to look smaller and physically outclassed at middleweight. RIP CM Phil

Who are the guys that have never lifted A Weight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

maffew buildings posted:

maybe punk should've gone through the amateur ranks instead of going pro in someone's backyard so early

So his ceiling is Jeff Hardy?

• Locked thread