Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Now lurkers complaining to mods about GiP behavior is apparently another story

This is why I should be GiP's mod.

Think of any given situation involving a report using SJW buzzwords. Now think of what N4I's limp wristed response would be.

Now imagine how shim handles that report queue. We'll have "Goons In Platoons: Shimmlers List Got Checked Thrice, Space Faggots"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Obama Africanus posted:

"Goons In Platoons: Shimmlers List Got Checked Thrice, Space Faggots"

I love you, can we be friends?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Omi-Polari posted:

(^ he's got beats headphones!)

lol

Omi-Polari posted:

of course it'll be interesting to see what happens when the U.S. reconstruction money runs out.

The same thing that happened when the Soviet reconstruction money ran out

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Now lurkers complaining to mods about GiP behavior is apparently another story

N4I can you post weekly or monthly tallies on who gets reported, because this sounds hilarious?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Omi-Polari posted:

of course it'll be interesting to see what happens when the U.S. reconstruction money runs out.

ISIS are the current religious whackjobs to beat so I imagine that the Taliban will try and top them.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

"Goons In Platoons: Shimmlers List Got Checked Thrice, Space Faggots"
:master:

In Current Events:

quote:

Suicide bomber attacks Afghan army bus in Kabul, six killed

(Reuters) - A suicide bomber targeted a bus carrying Afghan army personnel, killing six soldiers and wounding 11 on Thursday on the outskirts of the capital, Kabul, the Defense Ministry.

Five Afghan school children were also reported killed in a foreign forces airstrike, local officials said. The international coalition had no immediate comment.

Thursday's bombing comes after almost a two-week lull in Taliban attacks in Kabul in the wake of a wave of bombings on guesthouses, government officials and vehicles of foreign aid workers in the heavily-guarded capital last month.

Taliban insurgents have stepped up their attacks in recent months in Afghanistan with deadly suicide and roadside bombings as most foreign troops prepare to leave the country after 13 years of war.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/11/us-afghanistan-blast-idUSKBN0JP0FT20141211?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

quote:

Palestinian minister Ziad Abu Ein killed by Israeli forces in West Bank protests

A Palestinian minister has died after he was allegedly hit by an Israeli soldier during clashes in the West Bank.

Ziad Abu Ein, who served as settlements minister for the Palestinian Authority, was pronounced dead at a Ramallah hospital, where he was brought after overnight clashes in the village of Turmusiya, near the northern settlement of Shilo.

Palestinian officials said the minister collapsed after an Israeli soldier hit him in the chest using a helmet or the butt of a rifle, Ma'an news agency reported.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palestinian-minister-ziad-abu-ein-dies-after-protesters-clash-israeli-forces-1478919
Idk how reputable that source is but a bunch of news sites have hit on it. 9hrs old as of 3AM EST

quote:

Russia India: Putin on visit to broker energy deals

Russian President Vladimir Putin is meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a trip to India, where he is due to seek lucrative energy deals.

He said earlier that Russia was looking to export more Russian oil and gas to Asia because European consumption was not rising quickly enough.

Last week Russia scrapped a massive gas pipeline project with EU states.

Mr Putin will also meet business leaders and attend a diamond conference during his day-long Delhi visit.

Russia and India were close allies during the Cold War but in recent years the relationship has been more tense.

India is reported to be upset with Russia for selling attack helicopters to Pakistan.

On the other hand, Russia has been unhappy with India for choosing French Rafale fighters and American Apache attack helicopters over Moscow's defence products.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-30408274

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Now in "things that surprise nobody", Cheney comes up and says "yeah gently caress it the CIA did what we wanted and I don't know anything about blowing a puree up some guy's rear end but the lawyers said something so gently caress it it's fine" and demonstrates that he's still up to giving interviewers a runaround on par with Rumsfeld's performance in The Unknown Known.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3935116934001/cheney-cia-report-a-terrible-piece-of-work/?intcmp=latestnews#sp=show-clips

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

has he shot anyone else in the face yet

bij
Feb 24, 2007

If I could unfunnel that raghead's lunch out of his rear end I would, if only to shut you people up. The fact of the matter is you can't unhummus an rear end with talk, you cant unhummus an rear end at all. There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns and what manner of unknown an rear end hummusing constitutes cannot be determined with our current understanding of the butt feed. I do know, however, that we dumped a pureed lunch tray of nutritious and lawful nourishment into that man's rear end with the best of intentions. When you delve into buttlunches you confront the founding principles of our nation. A nation were an rear end full of whipped pasta and pine nuts can be rectally administered to a man that only days before was balls deep in a goat, camel, sheep, or perhaps even a young protege, an act that hearkens back to the halcyon days of the ancient city states of Athens or Sparta. Regardless of what he was banging, this man, this hero, took a butt full of lunch for team USA and he did it with prolapsing, hemorrhoid bursting, gooch tearing gusto. Perhaps he was an enemy, but an enemy with his rear end full of Wednesday's halal option B is an enemy that cannot plot the destruction of a tower, the bombing of an abortion clinic, or the administration of acid to an immodestly dressed strumpet's face. You can turn a wedding into a smoking, giblet spattered crater and turn the cacophonous whine of whatever people in that toilet of the world listen to on a broken radio into the music of death with a Hellfire, a JDAM, or a good old fashioned red blooded gun run, but those steaming mounds of pulped foreign flesh haven't had their butts filled with freedom and an empty rear end is an rear end that breeds the most dangerous sort of fanaticism. Man's ultimate purpose is to die, be it at the hands of famine, disease, or even at his brother's hand. In the grand cosmic scheme we are dust motes, briefly glistening in the shaft of sunlight that encompasses the entirety of our collective mortal existence and we owe it to ourselves as Americans to ensure that our memory is burned into the minds of every man, woman, and child in the third world before they are swallowed by rising tides, devoured by disease, or ripped apart by the screaming wings of justice we throw down from on high.

Valar Morghulis

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Potential BFF posted:

If I could unfunnel that raghead's lunch out of his rear end I would, if only to shut you people up. The fact of the matter is you can't unhummus an rear end with talk, you cant unhummus an rear end at all. There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns and what manner of unknown an rear end hummusing constitutes cannot be determined with our current understanding of the butt feed. I do know, however, that we dumped a pureed lunch tray of nutritious and lawful nourishment into that man's rear end with the best of intentions. When you delve into buttlunches you confront the founding principles of our nation. A nation were an rear end full of whipped pasta and pine nuts can be rectally administered to a man that only days before was balls deep in a goat, camel, sheep, or perhaps even a young protege, an act that hearkens back to the halcyon days of the ancient city states of Athens or Sparta. Regardless of what he was banging, this man, this hero, took a butt full of lunch for team USA and he did it with prolapsing, hemorrhoid bursting, gooch tearing gusto. Perhaps he was an enemy, but an enemy with his rear end full of Wednesday's halal option B is an enemy that cannot plot the destruction of a tower, the bombing of an abortion clinic, or the administration of acid to an immodestly dressed strumpet's face. You can turn a wedding into a smoking, giblet spattered crater and turn the cacophonous whine of whatever people in that toilet of the world listen to on a broken radio into the music of death with a Hellfire, a JDAM, or a good old fashioned red blooded gun run, but those steaming mounds of pulped foreign flesh haven't had their butts filled with freedom and an empty rear end is an rear end that breeds the most dangerous sort of fanaticism. Man's ultimate purpose is to die, be it at the hands of famine, disease, or even at his brother's hand. In the grand cosmic scheme we are dust motes, briefly glistening in the shaft of sunlight that encompasses the entirety of our collective mortal existence and we owe it to ourselves as Americans to ensure that our memory is burned into the minds of every man, woman, and child in the third world before they are swallowed by rising tides, devoured by disease, or ripped apart by the screaming wings of justice we throw down from on high.

Valar Morghulis

:911:

I'll have my lunch to go. *drops pants*

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Never thought that something normally considered to be a niche fetish could be turned into a patriotic act, but there you go.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Potential BFF posted:

Valar Morghulis

Can you audio record yourself saying this with Lee Greenwood playing in the background over stock footage of eagles in flight and schoolchildren waving tiny american flags?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Potential BFF posted:

Valar Morghulis
Can't argue with that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ActusRhesus posted:

this...but I need my boss to actually give me something to do.

stupid holiday slow down.

Are you just doing God's work locking up Georgia garden equipment or do you take companies to the cleaners for abuse of their employees as well?

Im sure you told us before but :effort: to go through your post history and find it.

I ask because I may have some work for you.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Potential BFF posted:

Valar Morghulis

The hush of the crowd is broken by the sound of a single mouse click on the Report Post button.

The DnD poster nods sagely and smiles, sipping from xir goblet filled with the finest, ethically sourced, organically grown white zinfandel box wine. "Justice has been served this day," xe whispers to xirself before returning to xir lonely vigil in an unfriendly territory. The last bastion of morality amongst the warrior caste.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Unless things have changed dramatically, there are very few actual reports and they're usually just shim-rants in the drunk thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
But still, I think that's justification Scalia could get behind. The constitution speaks nothing about what we do to a foreigners rectum after all. Pretty sure Paul Revere used some rectal nourishment to find out how the British were coming.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
nevermind

Zeris fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 11, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Valar Morghulis

A Good Post. :911: :patriot:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Genocide Tendency posted:

Are you just doing God's work locking up Georgia garden equipment or do you take companies to the cleaners for abuse of their employees as well?

Im sure you told us before but :effort: to go through your post history and find it.

I ask because I may have some work for you.

doesn't sound like it's really my swim lane from what you've written here, but hit me up on PM and I may be able to help you with a referral. Employment/labor issues are usually civil, but I knows people.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I know I've mentioned this before but I honestly get shocked every time I see the amount of verbal abuse people give you. You explain yourself well and you're not saying things that are massively controversial but you constantly get blunt insults and mockery which usually get excused as "I was being hyperbolic, sorry you felt threatened" when someone calls them out.

With Cole I can understand that reaction but you're just someone they disagree with which shouldn't invite that kind of language.

No I don't.

evilweasel posted:

you're not very good at dealing well with people you disagree with and just start throwing a fit which just discredits any valid point you have.

Ignoring the implicit misogyny in telling a woman that she's "throwing a fit" when she disagrees with someone, (and yeah, I know that's a mod...standing by for probation) I think a lot of it boils down to the same personality disorders that led to Palin derangement syndrome. Now, granted, I think that Palin as a candidate had some HUGE flaws, and the fact she has pretty much dedicated her life to reality tv stardom speaks volumes. But one thing I found interesting about her was her ability to send people into frothing at the mouth rage for purely existing. Her twitter account did more to undermine the ACA than any GOP commissioned study or ad campaign ever could, not because of her "death panels" comment...but because of the bat poo poo crazy response it provoked. As if she's the first political figure to ever say something stupid on Twitter. You see a bit of the same with Ann Coulter (who I secretly suspect is a man...she has an adam's apple for christ sakes) but pissing people off seems to be what she's built a career on. Still, Rush and Hannity get called names, Coulter has poo poo thrown at her. Michelle Malkin gets rape threats. For this reason, I really want to see Condi Rice 2016. I suspect heads would literally explode. (And yes, that is the correct use of literally...I imagine the rapid expansion of rage would result in actual self-decapitation.)

I think if you are a woman and are anything less than completely liberal, people just lose their poo poo. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that many of these people are actually secretly huge misogynists who know that their anti-woman views would not be tolerated among their peers, so they wait for someone who is not as sympathetic to their side to come along and then unleash all that pent up anti-woman rage against a target that is perceived as "safe."

the sad thing is, I'm not even all that far right leaning. Really more slightly right of center small l libertarian.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 11, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

IPvSH6T posted:

Now in "things that surprise nobody", Cheney comes up and says "yeah gently caress it the CIA did what we wanted and I don't know anything about blowing a puree up some guy's rear end but the lawyers said something so gently caress it it's fine" and demonstrates that he's still up to giving interviewers a runaround on par with Rumsfeld's performance in The Unknown Known.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3935116934001/cheney-cia-report-a-terrible-piece-of-work/?intcmp=latestnews#sp=show-clips

No sane human being should take anything that that horrible old man says at all seriously. In a better world he'd be listening to his cyborg heart *tick* *tick* *tick* it's last out at Supermax in Florence, CO.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
N: Suicide bomber in Kabul targets French-run school killing at least one, hours after am attack left six afghan soldiers dead on the outskirts of Kabul. 16 wounded, using a vest, detonated inside venue at the top of stairs which may have mitigated casualties.

Reuters. Phone posting no link

V: Two suicide bombers in 8 hours in Kabul

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I still know how to get a hold of Grover, if he wants us to.

Love him or hate him, I'd like to bring him by to discuss this little gem of news: :awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon::awesomelon: Click the robots, space faggots. Looks like the navy done got a small cheap powerful reusable weaponized reliable laser. The time has come for an actual grown up discussion of laser warfare, and Grover makes the logical starting off point since lasers have been his baby like the Tea Party and Libertarianism is Snowdens secret thing and abject insanity with a touch of lucidity is my thing, and big hairy gay dudes is N4I's and cole's thing. Some things people are just expert on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd only want grover back to remind him he's not a veteran and should go away again.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Ok. You can :lol: all you want at this.

But...

Skeet shooting with a laser from a battle ship is loving awesome. And you are a gigantic human being if you think otherwise.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You can think grover is a know-nothing broke-dick with an unearned sense of intellectual superiority while still thinking that lasers are cool. These are not mutually exclusive belief systems.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
How much do LAZORS wear out when you use them? What is the cost per burst, is gunnery training trivially cheap now? Or would it be the capacitors that wear out?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Cleaning my m4 was pain in the rear end enough so I'm glad I'm out before the laser revolution.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cole posted:

Cleaning my m4 was pain in the rear end enough so I'm glad I'm out before the laser revolution.

Theoretically there's way less moving parts that will rust from constant over-cleaning and contact with one another in a laser, at least.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

There's no way the common grunt won't be saddled with copious maintenance work, primarily while taking fire. The lowest bidder always finds a way.

But apart from that, are lasers in any way approaching a point where they can be useful against hard targets? I understand how pumping what is essentially copious amounts of heat into a soft plane, speedboat, missile or vaporizing someones face is highly effective, but is this still true for stuff like incoming shells or IFVs/tanks? And to what degree can lasers be mitigated by reflective armour stuff?

I know some time back the battleship enthusiasts were wanking furiously to the thought of lasers ending the era of planes and missiles, and making big floating armoured slabs with equally big guns a viable thing again.

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 11, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Theoretically there's way less moving parts that will rust from constant over-cleaning and contact with one another in a laser, at least.

I'm going to have a laugh when one of our infantry platoons is wiped out by some 12-year old kid with an AK that he dug out of a crater because our goony soldiers can't keep the lenses of their $1.2 million lazerguns clean enough to give him anything more than a suntan.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Richard Bong posted:

How much do LAZORS wear out when you use them? What is the cost per burst, is gunnery training trivially cheap now? Or would it be the capacitors that wear out?
I think one of the articles on the thing said $0.59 worth of juice per shot.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm going to have a laugh when one of our infantry platoons is wiped out by some 12-year old kid with an AK that he dug out of a crater because our goony soldiers can't keep the lenses of their $1.2 million lazerguns clean enough to give him anything more than a suntan.

seem to recall something about laser guns being possibly violations against the law of armed conflict.

blinding people with lasers bad, burning them with flamethrowers bad, shooting them in the head good.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

ActusRhesus posted:

seem to recall something about laser guns being possibly violations against the law of armed conflict.

blinding people with lasers bad, burning them with flamethrowers bad, shooting them in the head good.

Just get a legal memo saying our photon guns are not lasers, and we're good. Bring back that Yoo guy, he was good at that stuff.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ActusRhesus posted:

Aren't we nearing a point where the Laws of Armed Conflict need updated due to technology? I mean the US will still not sign it and still follow all if the rules.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

How many battalions does the law of unarmed conflict have?

ZORCHZORCHZORCH

OK, now how many?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

I thought the law of armed conflict said we couldn't shoot a person, but we could shoot military equipment. Like the uniform they were wearing and well.. poo poo happens when some cloth can't stop bullet travel.

But its been awhile since I read up on rules to dusting camel jockeys.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

Weapons intended to maim are bad, which is what all prototype man portable laser guns have been up to this point (in an antipersonnel context). Just glorified laser pointers.

There's no legal problem with inventing a laser gun that puts out so much heat it makes your targets head explode, I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LoAC is about proportionality.

That didn't stop an F-15E pilot dropping an LGB on a Iraqi helo though back in the Gulf War.
http://theaviationist.com/2012/02/10/f-15e-10000/

• Locked thread