Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Manatee Cannon posted:

All of Marie's navigator dialogue will be in verse so you can keep up to date with the screams of her pathos. Her navigator skill will be called Heartful Cry.

I'd use her. I thought her terrible poetry was funny in P4G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Navigators are all well and good, but I would pay obscene amounts of money for DLC that reskinned Zan and Rei to Dojima and Nanako. Or any DLC that somehow included Dojima because he is the best worst dad ever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bussamove posted:

Navigators are all well and good, but I would pay obscene amounts of money for DLC that reskinned Zan and Rei to Dojima and Nanako. Or any DLC that somehow included Dojima because he is the best worst dad ever.

No way is he the best worst dad in a world where Gendo Ikari exists. That guy takes the cake for best worst dad.

"Hey your moms dead buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I put her soul in a giant robot. You're welcome."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder what sort of lines they are giving Nanako. Is she going to be able to sense resistances? Is she just going to just be cool with all these monsters and the P3 team and Persona summoning? Will her victory cry be the Junes jingle?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder what sort of lines they are giving Nanako. Is she going to be able to sense resistances? Is she just going to just be cool with all these monsters and the P3 team and Persona summoning? Will her victory cry be the Junes jingle?

That one's weak to fire big bro!

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

StandardVC10 posted:

Is it just my imagination, or is the encounter rate higher in the fourth labyrinth?

Also, this whole torch mechanic is poo poo.

It definitely feels way higher to me. I've actually been using the "lower encounter rate" items, the names of which escape me at the moment.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Holy hell Izanagi-no-Okami is busted. Time for some Heat Riser'd Kanji Myriad Arrows :getin:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Small question about something later in the game, since I'm not that far yet.

You can evolve your Personas after a certain quest, right? What does P3 MC's Persona evolve into, since Orpheus Telos is DLC?

Crabtree posted:

So its safe to assume this game is successful enough for a Q2 with possibly more casts mingling together? There's not many Persona games to use for a full Dungeon crawling SMT-lite Super Robot Wars, but I've only barely scratched the surface of this game and I want even more.

I can wait well after p5 for them to write up whatever sequel they wish, but I want more characters hanging out and beating up shadows.

They don't have to wait until P5, really. There's still enough people in the P3/P4 games to add to a sequel. I mean, once you involve time travel in a story, especially one as fanservice-y as Q's, you can use basically anyone you want.

The obvious choices for additions (to me, anyway), are FemC, Metis, Labrys, and maybe Sho and Adachi. You could probably add Elizabeth, too, using Thanatos as her main Persona like in the Arena games.

Hell, if they REALLY wanted to go all out, they could bring in the guys from Strega as party members, have something happen that forces them to work with the P3/P4 guys. You could even use Chidori as a third navigator option.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
So where do I get this panic circle ability that people have mentioned? I am on the second dungeon now and I checked all my personas and none have it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dexie posted:

Small question about something later in the game, since I'm not that far yet.

You can evolve your Personas after a certain quest, right? What does P3 MC's Persona evolve into, since Orpheus Telos is DLC?

They don't have to wait until P5, really. There's still enough people in the P3/P4 games to add to a sequel. I mean, once you involve time travel in a story, especially one as fanservice-y as Q's, you can use basically anyone you want.

The obvious choices for additions (to me, anyway), are FemC, Metis, Labrys, and maybe Sho and Adachi. You could probably add Elizabeth, too, using Thanatos as her main Persona like in the Arena games.

Hell, if they REALLY wanted to go all out, they could bring in the guys from Strega as party members, have something happen that forces them to work with the P3/P4 guys. You could even use Chidori as a third navigator option.

Messiah.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Messiah.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. :swoon:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Mistikman posted:

So where do I get this panic circle ability that people have mentioned? I am on the second dungeon now and I checked all my personas and none have it.

ukobach gets it, so pull him out of the compendium and fuse him up into something usable.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I just want them to add Persona 1 and 2 characters to the mix, but I don't think that will ever happen because it seems like they don't want anything to do with those games minus the PSP enhanced ports.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thinking on it now I'm kinda curious if Atlus plans on doing anything further with the P3/P4 guys or if that dumb dancing minigame is the end of it.

It feels like they keep building on this universe and while I haven't played it myself I heard Ultimax ends with Elizabeth and the crew trying to find a way to save P3's protag or something

Was I wrong in hearing that P5 was going to be a fresh start?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

dumb dancing minigame

whoa, let's not say anything we can't take back.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

P5's gotta be its own thing. I'd imagine it takes place in the same world as P1-4 because why not, so I imagine we'll see a few cameos like from those games. I wouldn't expect anything of substance relating to the previous Persona games though, since I can only imagine they really want Persona 5 to stand on its own.

Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena are great games, but they also assume that the players have already played Persona 3 and 4 already. I can't imagine that's an easy way to gain new blood to the series.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I kind of hope that en eventual Q2 expends on what happens after Arena and Ultimax, so that P5 can starts on a fresh base and maybe with changed rules. Some kind of suitably epic conclusion to P3&4's continuity, if you will, possibly ending with Narly's defeat once and for all, and vast, sweeping changes a la Unknown Armies. Hell, it's kind of funny if you know the tabletop game (and if you don't, you should give it a whirl) how it can maps rather well to P3 and P4: Both started out as street level campaigns, before moving to Global level, at list for the Shadow Operatives.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thinking on it now I'm kinda curious if Atlus plans on doing anything further with the P3/P4 guys or if that dumb dancing minigame is the end of it.

It feels like they keep building on this universe and while I haven't played it myself I heard Ultimax ends with Elizabeth and the crew trying to find a way to save P3's protag or something

That isn't really what happens. Elizabeth's same is the thing as it in P4: She's vaugly looking for a way to save the P3 MC but nothing concrete is involved.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ultimax ends with the Investigation Team and the Shadow Operatives buddying up to chase down the exposed culprit from Arena and Ultimax. Elizabeth has been doing her own thing since P4. Her P4A storymode intro has her murdering Erebus on the moon, and it's implied that she's been protecting the Great Seal this whole time by killing Erebus again and again. Saving the P3MC has been her goal from the start, but she's prepared for it to take a long-rear end time. As in, millenia.

I imagine P5 will mostly be a standalone story and then they'll have games like Persona 5 Arena to tie it all in to the larger world.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dexie posted:

And what happens with Shinji and Koromaru?

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Their personas just get a fiery blue aura around them, because they use their willpower to keep their personas looking the same while making them more powerful.

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 12, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

Their Personas keep the same form, but turn to a sort of "awakened" state so they can get in on new resistances/moves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Shinji and Koromaru do not want to evolve their persona because they mean something important to them so they don't evolve. They just get more powerful forms of their existing ones.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Butt Ghost posted:

e: Beaten like Junpei in a back alley.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Nope. Koromaru was about as important to the plot as Ken was: He has like his recruitement and a single scene and then he was a bystander for the rest of the game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There has to be at least one more crossover with the P3/P4 teams. They wouldn't go to all the trouble of setting all of this up if they didn't plan on saving P3MC at some point.

Iceclaw posted:

Nope. Koromaru was about as important to the plot as Ken was: He has like his recruitement and a single scene and then he was a bystander for the rest of the game.
Ken was important to the plot though? Shinji wouldn't have died without him, and that was a huge turning point for Akihiko's character.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Dexie posted:

There has to be at least one more crossover with the P3/P4 teams. They wouldn't go to all the trouble of setting all of this up if they didn't plan on saving P3MC at some point.

Ken was important to the plot though? Shinji wouldn't have died without him, and that was a huge turning point for Akihiko's character.

Hence my comment of being important for a single cutscene in the game, Shinjiro's death, and then fading into the background.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the whole erebus thing from the answer is dumb and i hope they keep it kept in the spinoffs

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Shinjiro is pretty much 500x better than Ken so I'm still upset about his P3 fate, even moreso after playing PQ. Ken why couldn't the plot take you instead

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

Shinji and Koromaru do not want to evolve their persona because they mean something important to them so they don't evolve. They just get more powerful forms of their existing ones.

IIRC, in Persona 3 Cerberus acts like it's an evolved Persona anyhow; it comes with Nulls rather than growing into them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm having trouble with a room in the second level of the fourth labyrinth. It has two paths around a pool, leading to a three-tile-wide area at the back of the room with a secret passageway. There are two doors at the other end, one of which leads to a bonfire which completely blocks the hallway in that direction. I'm trying to kite the two FOEs in the room away from the secret passageway, because it seems like the only part of the map I can do anything with right now (there's something in the other direction, but a cutscene specifically dissuades you from trying to cross that room.) But I keep getting boxed in after the flame runs out. Did any of that make any sense at all, and if so, any ideas what I might be missing?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You're talking about the room in the very bottom right corner, correct?

The cutscene you're talking about gives you a hint about how to handle it, actually. The Fast Guys move 2 squares at a time when they're aggressive, but only 1 when they've lost track of you. Lure them away from their spawn point, duck through a door, then immediately go back in while their back is turned. They only turn aggressive if you move onto a space in a line directly in front of them.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Am I missing a way to buy default personas once I register them? Is that not a thing anymore?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gently caress yeah theres a persona theme for the ds now

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
The naming conventions for spells in this game are confusing as gently caress for someone new to Persona.

What is the skill name for bind agility? I need to use it to kill a snake, apparently.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Mistikman posted:

The naming conventions for spells in this game are confusing as gently caress for someone new to Persona.

What is the skill name for bind agility? I need to use it to kill a snake, apparently.

Scarecrow

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Or Lethargy Circle.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Mistikman posted:

There's a weapon for Teddie on the first floor that sets his Attack to 1 but always inflicts agility bind. Just use that.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Soylentbits posted:

Am I missing a way to buy default personas once I register them? Is that not a thing anymore?

default personas? like izanagi and orpheus? you always have those.

if you're talking about registered sub-personas just go into the compendium and select the one you want. if you're really early on then you need to wait until you unlock the compendium though. think it unlocks on the third floor of the first labyrinth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cake Attack posted:

the whole erebus thing from the answer is dumb and i hope they keep it kept in the spinoffs

What was dumb about it? It was clearly intended from the start based on the background material and neatly answered a lot of questions about why things happened the way they did.

People's wishes give birth to gods in the collective unconsciousness, which then try to grant those wishes. The desire of people to die gives birth to Erebus, which tries to grant the wish for self-destruction by summoning Nyx.

• Locked thread