Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

RichieHimself posted:

My proudest poo poo was a massive, Iraqi food induced watery pile I left in the middle of the night against the door to a little mechanics shop behind the mosque/tomb of Jonah (the dude that pissed off god and had to live in a whale for a bit). My buddy pulled security for me and there was an overwatch team from another platoon next to us in a graveyard. Add to that the guys back in the strykers that were no doubt watching my backblast and laughing on infrared and that's the biggest audience I've ever had for a poo.

On the day before I give students a major exam, I offer them a mixture of ghost peppers and naga jolokia for their lame-rear end midrat baloney sandwiches.

Fire in, fire out you sons of bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I don't even know what the last two are.
:sigh:

Literally the entire first page of google hits for "middle sexualities" is either scholarly articles discussing sexuality in the Middle Ages or facebook pages for LGBTwhatever themed University events that include "middle sexualities" in the description...but don't actually discuss what the hell it is.

It is so obscure and made up that I can't even google it to figure out what the gently caress they're talking about.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
sorry n4i, you're old news. nobody cares about being gay or lesbian anymore, its all about the new hotness of being multi-gender trans-furry whatever the gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Transraptor gets slighted once again.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Every day there's a new term coined by some ~*~special snowflake~*~ who just isn't like everyone else.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

iyaayas01 posted:

Literally the entire first page of google hits for "middle sexualities" is either scholarly articles discussing sexuality in the Middle Ages or facebook pages for LGBTwhatever themed University events that include "middle sexualities" in the description...but don't actually discuss what the hell it is.

It is so obscure and made up that I can't even google it to figure out what the gently caress they're talking about.

My educated guess is a special way of saying bisexual. But bisexual means two so it isn't trans inclusive (:downs:) so that's what pan sexual is for-

Mother of god it's a special snowflake term for pansexual.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is pansexual the thing the ghostbusters were trying to stop the gatekeeper from releasing or something else?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm a goddamn sociologist and I don't know what most of those are.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Because sociology deals with reality.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I think it's helpful since I can tell kids what it's like to be gay in "real world". I also think it's nice for them to see a happy, functioning gay person in a committed relationship. I also take an opportunity to real talk about what to expect once you leave the safe space that is a major university.

Serious question: What is it like to be gay in the real world and outside of "safe spaces"? Like I know GiP likes to think it's all blowjobs and ESPN. What's it like?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is pansexual the thing the ghostbusters were trying to stop the gatekeeper from releasing or something else?

It's someone who gets hard/moist for a fresh hot loaf of bread.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress, I'll say it. There are only two genders.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm kind of curious how the T got tacked on to LGBT. It seems out of place. It would be like if the NAACP became the NAACFP where the F stands for fat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Serious question: What is it like to be gay in the real world and outside of "safe spaces"? Like I know GiP likes to think it's all blowjobs and ESPN. What's it like?

For me? It's not terrible but it could be better.

I mean it sucks to have to pass the man I'm marrying off as my roommate, but things are already a lot better than they were when I was in high school so :shrug:

In general you need to have thick skin and pick your battle to survive. I think that LGBT groups at universities aren't helping kids by ignoring that reality. Instead you have adults who should know better fawning over kids (and I'm using that word intentionally) exploring their identities without giving them the skills they need to survive a job interview after they graduate. It's irresponsible and I've always been vocal about that. I've had horrible things said to my face and behind my back because of this but I also get Facebook messages from folks saying I'm their gay role model.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm wondering how things are going to be for my sister soon. She's proposing to her girlfriend after living together for about six years, and everybody is super happy for them.

They live in Maricopa County.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I mean it sucks to have to pass the man I'm marrying off as my roommate, but things are already a lot better than they were when I was in high school so :shrug:

In general you need to have thick skin and pick your battle to survive. I think that LGBT groups at universities aren't helping kids by ignoring that reality. Instead you have adults who should know better fawning over kids (and I'm using that word intentionally) exploring their identities without giving them the skills they need to survive a job interview after they graduate. It's irresponsible and I've always been vocal about that. I've had horrible things said to my face and behind my back because of this but I also get Facebook messages from folks saying I'm their gay role model.

Huh. That's pretty fascinating how these groups aren't really doing these poor kids any favors.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

So what exactly do those groups do then?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would it be fair to say the general theme is similar to vet groups who pander to free poo poo and empty gestures rather than finding vets meaningful employment or other similarly helpful opportunities?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

As long as they're hot it shouldn't be a problem.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Huh. That's pretty fascinating how these groups aren't really doing these poor kids any favors.

I wouldn't say that since there's something to be said for being around people who accept you for who you are. My argument is that you have to draw the line somewhere even if it means bursting a few bubbles. I'd rather that bubble get burst in a supportive context.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sjurygg posted:

As long as they're hot it shouldn't be a problem.

I love my sister but she and her girlfriend are not petite women.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
how many cats do they own

or are they the golden retriever/subaru/flannel type

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

I love my sister but she and her girlfriend are not petite women.

They never are.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

They never are.

The sad truth about lesbians.

Sorry, guys :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They're down to a few cats now. It used to be bad, my sister was a cat lady who kept adopting strays and unfixed cats. :cripes:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The sad truth about lesbians.

Sorry, guys :(

My mother in law is petite but that's just because she's asian. All her girlfriends are... bigger.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The first time I saw the girlfriend of a lesbian I used to know, I thought it was her mom or maybe an aunt. Super nice, but the years are apparently republican.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Transraptor gets slighted once again.

clever xhirl.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Quiet, all of you...they're approaching the gender studies paddock.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The creature there doesn't want to be fed...it wants to hunt.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

For the love of god someone do the speech he gives the kid at the dig site.

edit: In script form, please. I want to submit something to the campus LGBQTtX film festival.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 10, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Volunteer Boy: That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot hambeast.

Dr. Alan Grant: A hambeast, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in Berkeley. You get your first look at this "six foot hambeast" as you enter a clearing. Xe moves like an elephant, lumbering, wheezing, mopping xer head. And you keep still because you think that maybe xis visual acuity is based on movement like cishets - Xe'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Polysexor. You stare at xer, and xe just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant: from the other two polysexers you didn't even know were there. Because polysexer's a pack hunter, you see, xe uses coordinated attack patterns and xe is out in force today. And xe assaults your common sense with this...
[he produces a smartphone from his pocket]

Dr. Alan Grant: A blog of "indefatigable arguments" and illogical hate, like nails on a chalkboard, in xer sweaty paw. Xe doesn't bother to debate you like a civilized person, say... no no. Xe shrieks at you here, or here...

[he lightly tongues the boy's ear, and twists his natural sexual organs]

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Oh, Alan...

Dr. Alan Grant: Or maybe you fight back and the group starts screaming rape as a trump card. The point is, you are alive when they doxx you, you lose your job, and the police finally come. So you know, try to show a little respect.

Volunteer Boy: OK.

e: vvv made a couple changes

EBB fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 10, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Dr. Alan Grant: A hambeast, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in Berkeley. You get your first look at this "six foot hambeast" as you enter a clearing. Xe moves like an elephant, lumbering, wheezing, mopping xer head. And you keep still because you think that maybe xis visual acuity is based on movement like cishets - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Polysexor. You stare at xer, and xe just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant: from the other two polysexers you didn't even know were there. Because polysexer's a pack hunter, you see, xe uses coordinated attack patterns and xe is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this...

Dr. Alan Grant: A blog of "undeafeatable arguments" and illogical hate, like nails on a chalkboard, in xer sweaty paw. He doesn't bother to debate you like a civilized person, say... no no. He shrieks at you here, or here...

Dr. Alan Grant: Or maybe you fight back and the group starts screaming rape as a trump card. The point is, you are alive when they doxx you, your lose your job, and the police finally come. So you know, try to show a little respect.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Dr. Alan Grant: A hambeast, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in Berkeley. You get your first look at this "six foot hambeast" as you enter a clearing. Xe moves like an elephant, lumbering, wheezing, mopping xer head. And you keep still because you think that maybe xis visual acuity is based on movement like cishets - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Polysexor. You stare at xer, and xe just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant: from the other two polysexers you didn't even know were there. Because polysexer's a pack hunter, you see, xe uses coordinated attack patterns and xe is out in force today. And xe assaults your common sense with this...

Dr. Alan Grant: A blog of "indefatigable arguments" and illogical hate, like nails on a chalkboard, in xer sweaty paw. He doesn't bother to debate you like a civilized person, say... no no. He shrieks at you here, or here...

Dr. Alan Grant: Or maybe you fight back and the group starts screaming rape as a trump card. The point is, you are alive when they doxx you, your lose your job, and the police finally come. So you know, try to show a little respect.

And that's a wrap. We're done here, folks.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Dr. Alan Grant: A hambeast, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in Berkeley. You get your first look at this "six foot hambeast" as you enter a clearing. Xe moves like an elephant, lumbering, wheezing, mopping xer head. And you keep still because you think that maybe xis visual acuity is based on movement like cishets - Xe'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Polysexor. You stare at xer, and xe just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant: A blog of "indefatigable arguments" and illogical hate, like nails on a chalkboard, in xer sweaty paw. Xe doesn't bother to debate you like a civilized person, say... no no. Xe shrieks at you here, or here...

Dr. Alan Grant: Or maybe you fight back and the group starts screaming rape as a trump card. The point is, you are alive when they doxx you, you lose your job, and the police finally come. So you know, try to show a little respect.

but sincerely and appreciatively, not to prop up my own personal endeavor despite it's glaring faults as the GIF might indicate for those of you familiar with the story of Orson Welles' 1941 masterp

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rosebud is symbolic of the cishet patriarchy. Kane gets a little credit for having aspergers, but he's still a shitlord.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

I'm wondering how things are going to be for my sister soon. She's proposing to her girlfriend after living together for about six years, and everybody is super happy for them.

SHERIFF JOE DID IT AGAIN!

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Victor Vermis posted:

In Mosul? That's gone now.

WAY 2 GO

You maniacs! You blew it up!

Godadamn ISIS, now where will I direct my descendants to make their deposits when they're fighting in Iraq War III and IV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

You're my gay role model, N4I, even though I'm straight. :patriot:

• Locked thread