Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Star Fox 2 is pretty good when you apply the patch that removes the dev stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

I don't know about Star Fox, the only really good one was 64 and that was almost 20 years ago.

The plans they have for the control scheme of the Wii U one sound kind of terrible but hopefully they'll have that worked out by the time it's released.

Honestly of all the stuff coming next year the only one I really care about is Zelda and even that feels more out of obligation than anything else.

Well that and Xenoblade. Xenoblade is gonna own.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 11, 2014

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Those are all pretty solid choices especially if you have people to play local multiplayer with.
My wife doesn't play much video games but she does like playing racing games and Mario games so that's a big draw definitely

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, if you like Musou games, Hyrule Warriors is pretty good. I'm sitll playing through it with a friend and the dlc has been pretty substantial.

I'm not sure how great it would be if you don't have anyone to play multiplayer with though and even then it does have some issues.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

axleblaze posted:

Also, if you like Musou games, Hyrule Warriors is pretty good. I'm sitll playing through it with a friend and the dlc has been pretty substantial.

I'm not sure how great it would be if you don't have anyone to play multiplayer with though and even then it does have some issues.

I got a lot of fun out of it--probably 15 hours--totally single player for what that's worth

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lmao Path of Exile is a good game and definitely not a MMORPG for the simple fact it has actual gameplay and it resets its economy every 3 months now, sorry

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

2014: The year of good poo poo.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Stux posted:

going to crosspost this as i think this is something this thread would enjoy

much thanks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

it's an MMO so that's a point against it. it's F2P so that's another point against it. it's not korean/anime so i guess it dodges that bullet.

you're not gonna come out on top playing an MMO, any way you cut it

Man dude you're more wrong about the definition of MMO than Wikipedia lists.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I've got some serious RTS-lust right now... need some help

It's like a switch went off in my brain and I have this uncontrollable urge to play WC3, but I can't find my CDs

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

It's like a switch went off in my brain and I have this uncontrollable urge to play WC3, but I can't find my CDs

Did you ever register their keys to a battle.net account? That lets you download them any time.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I have better odds of finding MCC matches than finding an actual room in GTA V.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

The Shortest Path posted:

Did you ever register their keys to a battle.net account? That lets you download them any time.

I can't remember. I might have had an old account but it is long gone. The only thing on my current account is Hearthstone

Guess I'm waiting for some Christmas sales or something

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you just want to play the campaign, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of ways to do that. But for multiplayer, yeah, you need to purchase the full game which is still something obscene like thirty bucks despite being well over a decade old at this point.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Who bought games off direct2drive? Rainbow six 3: raven shield has not been uploaded and has been undownloadable for something like three years. I want my raven shield.

On the plus side I bought brothers in arms road to hill 30 from them in 2005 and it works just fine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the number one rule about buyiong consoles (I have learnt while becoming the very videogames themself) is thusly:

can you game with friends if you get it: YES/NO?

if yes, then come on dude get that system and game on all day erryday!

if no, are there games on it you wish to play? YES/NO?

if no, then please save your money for something else. perhaps a new game for a system you currently own. or maybe even something else, like food or rent or giving a gift to a friend/loved one.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It's a good idea. The Wii U is fun.

I bought a Wii U and I'm having a lot of fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Buck Turgidson posted:

total annihilation is the best RTS ever made well anyway bye

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

TheHoosier posted:

Not to mention Zelda U, Yoshi, Mario vs DK, and Starfox coming later. Gonna be a solid 2015 that's for true

Mario Vs DK is the poo poo, and Donkey Kong '94. Used to spend so much time on my GameBoy just playing it, now I feel like emulating it again.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Buck Turgidson posted:

if you wanna play something current then CoH2 is pretty good if you don't mind a healthy bit of rng and the occasional bug, it's a lot of fun if not the most balanced

if you want something classic, Age of Empires 2 HD and DoW1:SoulStorm are both pretty cheap on steam, i'm fairly certain soulstorm now comes with all the armies so you dont need to buy the other 5 expacs to play everyone and both are great fun for turning on a big 8 man free for all and just building cool poo poo and blowing people/bots up

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
rn i've gotten into World of Tanks thanks to a friend, it's pretty cool even though sometimes you're matched up against some super heavy armour and you're driving something that can't even deal damage and will get 1 shot

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Buck Turgidson posted:

If by some chance you have your cd keys lying around somewhere, you can now register War3 toyour Bnet account and download the game whenever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wootman posted:

Mario Vs DK is the poo poo, and Donkey Kong '94. Used to spend so much time on my GameBoy just playing it, now I feel like emulating it again.

I think the new one is going to be another game in the minis series, rather than being like either of the games you and pretty much everyone else want it to be like.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
I'm just having fun with Earthbound, a bit of Skyrim and Tales of Maj'Eyal, and every so often just loving around a bit with Just Cause 2 or playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer because I've found a class that I'm actually good at, finally.

I can't believe I completely avoided using bottle rockets in Earthbound. I should remember to go buy a couple more for Jeff next time I'm in Fourside.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

VideoGames posted:

the number one rule about buyiong consoles (I have learnt while becoming the very videogames themself) is thusly:

can you game with friends if you get it: YES/NO?

if no, are there games on it you wish to play? YES/NO?

if no, then please save your money for something else. perhaps a new game for a system you currently own. or maybe even something else, like food or rent or giving a gift to a friend/loved one.

Lol if you haven't evolved passed the need for these silly things.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

axleblaze posted:

I think the new one is going to be another game in the minis series, rather than being like either of the games you and pretty much everyone else want it to be like.

Awe, well least those games are still fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol if you haven't evolved passed the need for these silly things.

well i know i have as i am a plastic box filled with media, but others may need such things, and for those i hope they spend wisely.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

VideoGames posted:

well i know i have as i am a plastic box filled with media, but others may need such things, and for those i hope they spend wisely.

Oh, I was speaking in general. I realized that you are beyond the flesh. A new flesh, if you will. :)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Stux posted:

yeah i feel the primes are aging quicker than the 2d games, and i think thats just a symptom of 3d games in general. i personally really really prefer the 2d metroids over them and i wish nintendo would do a 2.5d one for 3ds or something. i never got why they made that hunters game for the old ds :(

There was this one game on DS called Scurge:Hive that was a pretty decent isometric take on the metroid formula.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Stux posted:

i never got why they made that hunters game for the old ds :(
Hunters was basically a tech demo to show off that the DS could do Fancy 3D Things and Wi-Fi Multiplayer Things, by NOA's dev studio instead of Retro.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hunters was actually pretty good until they started recycling bosses and doubling the number of hits it took to beat them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hunters was really, really boring. Breaking a Metroid game up into small levels just doesn't work very well.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Have you guys heard of this PC card game on Steam called Infinity Wars.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644175

It's aright.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I thought solforge was a cool concept for an online card game that actually takes advantage of card effects that wouldn't really work for print card games, and it had decent card and deck design, but the developers made every possible effort to see it fail

I dont play ccgs much anymore

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

axleblaze posted:

Hunters was really, really boring. Breaking a Metroid game up into small levels just doesn't work very well.
The demo was better. Really. Actually some of the multiplayer was alright but even then the balance was terrible.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

Have you guys heard of this PC card game on Steam called Infinity Wars.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644175

It's aright.

Is this the usual pay-for-boosters deal, or is there a way to earn cards by playing, and if so, how long time does it take to get boosters compared to hearthstone?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Azraelle posted:

Is this the usual pay-for-boosters deal, or is there a way to earn cards by playing, and if so, how long time does it take to get boosters compared to hearthstone?

Play the game and get IP. Buy boosters.
Play the story missions and they give you whole faction decks and boosters.
Complete Cheevos and get rare cards and boosters.
Clear the academy missions and get cards.
Get high in the Rift Run Draft and get cards and more ip.
Level up and get a booster.

or you could just buy boosters with real money.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

Play the game and get IP. Buy boosters.
Play the story missions and they give you whole faction decks and boosters.
Complete Cheevos and get rare cards and boosters.
Clear the academy missions and get cards.
Get high in the Rift Run Draft and get cards and more ip.
Level up and get a booster.

or you could just buy boosters with real money.

Thanks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Azraelle posted:

It's like Might and Magic Duel of Champions, where you get asstons of free cards just by playing through the mediocre single player content, and can grind currency for packs at a decent pace.

Except that it appears to have actually good developers, unlike MMDOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope Cali goons like myself don't get hit too hard by the flood. Granted where I live in Cali, flood shouldn't reach here but yeah stay safe Cali goons.

Might be a good time to whip out the handhelds in case the flood causes power outages. :v:

• Locked thread