Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

"Fixed mechs occasionally floating in the air when their ground contacts were suddenly removed."

Excellent! Now if they fix the in game cursor bug I'd be a happy camper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:rip: Rock Em Sock Em Gargoyles

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

That was what I was saying - it's fun NOW. It spent around a year being a fuckawful horrible grind for nothing with little fun involved.

It's remarkable how a few seemingly minor changes were able to make the game enjoyable again.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
After the Transversepocalypse I still won't touch the game until we either have a fun Community Warfare to play with or they remove Ghost Heat. I'm glad to hear the game's turning fun again though, and I'm earnestly hopeful that I'll be playing with you goons again soon!

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Older builds:
Truckernaught - lasers in the arms are a trap to make you stare at mech, which you should never do, DON'T take them. Ammo in the arms is fine, Nobody shoots them enough to make them pop, you'll lose the side torso or expend all the ammo first.

Truckersnot - This build is specifically for breaking enemy lines. Be the first, lead with your shoulder, and keep twisting and firing. SRM4's are chosen for the cooldown advantage. The CT lasers are only for harassing lights early in the game, or replacing lost weapons later in the game. You don't have enough ammo or range for a long battle, so don't bother. Get everybody to follow you in.

DWF-B - This mech makes other mechs cry tears of metal. Easy on the lasers, it's too hot to use them much, but you can stand and destroy any mech you are willing to face. It's possible to optimize it further, but I'll let a more experienced pilot do so.

Ninjapants - You don't have enough ammo to stand and fight, so take the scenic route, and then shoot them in the rear end.

Other builds:
Cheap crab - Surprisingly, everything goes on a single button. Press the button, and if you have the ERL's on target, release to pump the gauss into the same location, otherwise hold it down until you lose the charge, as the ERL's won't have cycled by then. Built out of parts you have in stock with the lowest cbill cost (you only need to add endosteel). Not enough ammo, really, which is why you use the lasers to make every shot count.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PoptartsNinja posted:

After the Transversepocalypse I still won't touch the game until we either have a fun Community Warfare to play with or they remove Ghost Heat. I'm glad to hear the game's turning fun again though, and I'm earnestly hopeful that I'll be playing with you goons again soon!

I enjoyed the Transverse saga more than any other gaming story in a long time. Even Archeage's Pedo Gate doesn't compare.

Well done PGI.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

EoRaptor posted:

Older builds:
Truckernaught - lasers in the arms are a trap to make you stare at mech, which you should never do, DON'T take them. Ammo in the arms is fine, Nobody shoots them enough to make them pop, you'll lose the side torso or expend all the ammo first.

I use this build all the time and it is Good. If your twist game is strong and you are within 200 meters or so you can solo drat near any other assault mech in the game. It's surprisingly fast/agile for a 100 tonner, the ECM lets you be sneaky and lend sneakiness to your mechbros, and even if you are dumb and bad and get caught where you can't escape you can still kill another mech if you can survive long enough to get off three volleys.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

I use this build all the time and it is Good. If your twist game is strong and you are within 200 meters or so you can solo drat near any other assault mech in the game. It's surprisingly fast/agile for a 100 tonner, the ECM lets you be sneaky and lend sneakiness to your mechbros, and even if you are dumb and bad and get caught where you can't escape you can still kill another mech if you can survive long enough to get off three volleys.

definitely, I even use a 360 std for a bit more ground/twist speed

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Surprised that PGI is actually trying to turn this poo poo around. It may just be a sick joke and when everyone gets cozy IGP shows up "Surprise motherfuckers we bought out PGI, prepare to get hosed again and hey guess what, Niko is heading the company now!"

Not having played in forever how are the graphics coming along? It was pretty good running on an i5 and 660 Ti combo.

Bravo wrecking the Transverse poo poo on Reddit though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

demonR6 posted:

Surprised that PGI is actually trying to turn this poo poo around. It may just be a sick joke and when everyone gets cozy IGP shows up "Surprise motherfuckers we bought out PGI, prepare to get hosed again and hey guess what, Niko is heading the company now!"

Not having played in forever how are the graphics coming along? It was pretty good running on an i5 and 660 Ti combo.

Bravo wrecking the Transverse poo poo on Reddit though.

Good news: IGP is dead, Niko was finally fired to much fanfare.

Bad news: PGI didn't follow.

Also they had no intention of turning any of this around until the Transverse disaster. Before that were spitting out bullshit about how MWO "is a mature product" and had delivered on everything it promised. Then Transverse crashed and burned and all of a sudden hey, MWO is our thing baby! It then became obvious from a rushed design document that they had not started any serious work on Community Warfare for the entire past two years and were basically lying through their teeth the whole time. They didn't begin actually working on it until Transverse failed and they had to reluctantly accept that nobody would give them money for any product not based off the Battletech license.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I think my willpower to stay away has finally eroded and I'm going to reinstall tonight.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Super 3 posted:

I think my willpower to stay away has finally eroded and I'm going to reinstall tonight.

If you start to question this decision just play around in the Mechbay with UI 2.0 for a while and you'll be uninstalling again in no time!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

If you start to question this decision just play around in the Mechbay with UI 2.0 for a while and you'll be uninstalling again in no time!

You of all people should know the UI back and forth by now! :dukedog:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kazvall posted:

You of all people should know the UI back and forth by now! :dukedog:

Why is that.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Why is that.

Sorry my PTSD was kicking in. I almost like the ui now that I'm used to it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Sorry my PTSD was kicking in. I almost like the ui now that I'm used to it.

Just kidding. PGI needs to make the mech overview interactive and it would be 100% better.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Just kidding. PGI needs to make the mech overview interactive and it would be 100% better.

You had me despairing for your sanity for a few seconds there.

They also need to streamline something to make it not take 2 to 4 seconds to process saving mech changes and other ridiculous slow operations in the lab.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Baudin posted:

They also need to streamline something to make it not take 2 to 4 seconds to process saving mech changes and other ridiculous slow operations in the lab.

Yes, sarcasm doesn't always translate well across the internet. Also, nothing I post should be considered serious.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Yes, sarcasm doesn't always translate well across the internet. Also, nothing I post should be considered serious.

I have a history of misjudging sarcastic posts on SA. It's a disease, probably related to some form of neurological disorder which makes me log into MW:O on a regular basis.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Baudin posted:

This problem is part of a snowball effect. The more mechs and other inventory items you own, the slower your saving will be.

It's on the post-CW fix list.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

This problem is part of a snowball effect. The more mechs and other inventory items you own, the slower your saving will be.

It's on the post-CW fix list.

You guys should pay Hubis/Mija for Mechromancer and get a head start on the mechlab thing

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Here's a repost from Paul about drop ships:

Drop Ships and How They Work

This keeps coming up in a lot of questions so I'll try to clarify as much as I can on the topic.

Consider Drop Ships a loan from the Faction you are aligned to. You are a space hitch-hiker and they're giving you a ride to the battlefield. The reason I say this, is that for the moment, you cannot modify or engage the Drop Ships as they bring players into the game.

You MUST bring 4 'Mechs into the match. The total tonnage of all 4 'Mechs must fall between 140 and 240 tons. You will not be able to save your Drop Ship configuration until this requirement has been met.

There is only one Drop Ship loadout at the moment. This is why you can switch 'Mechs in your Drop Ship right up until the point that the Match Maker kicks in and starts putting you into a match. You will have enough time to configure your Drop Ship if needed and you will also know if you're attacking or defending.

Prior to dropping into a match, make sure you select which 'Mech you want to drop into battle with on the first pass. If you're 'Mech gets destroyed, you will see the standard death screen like you currently do in public matches. On this screen is a Drop Ship selection button which will bring up the interface to allow you to choose your next 'Mech to pilot. On this screen you also see how much time is remaining before the next wave of Drop Ships head into the battlefield. I don't want to spoil what happens during this time so you'll have to wait and see. It's pretty cool!

Once all 4 of your 'Mechs are destroyed, you will be able to spectate just you can right now in public matches.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

WebDO posted:

You guys should pay Hubis/Mija for Mechromancer and get a head start on the mechlab thing

Something is already under way.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Number19 posted:

Something is already under way.

Will this help crazy persons with 70 Mechs? Not that I'd know anyone with that many mechs. Nope. Not at all.

EDIT
Is Something under way. Or something awful? (sorry).

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Will this help crazy persons with 70 Mechs? Not that I'd know anyone with that many mechs. Nope. Not at all.

EDIT
Is Something under way. Or something awful? (sorry).

Russ pretty much explicitly said there's a smurfy style builder already begin worked on.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Here's a repost from Paul about drop ships:

Drop Ships and How They Work

This keeps coming up in a lot of questions so I'll try to clarify as much as I can on the topic.

Consider Drop Ships a loan from the Faction you are aligned to. You are a space hitch-hiker and they're giving you a ride to the battlefield. The reason I say this, is that for the moment, you cannot modify or engage the Drop Ships as they bring players into the game.

You MUST bring 4 'Mechs into the match. The total tonnage of all 4 'Mechs must fall between 140 and 240 tons. You will not be able to save your Drop Ship configuration until this requirement has been met.

There is only one Drop Ship loadout at the moment. This is why you can switch 'Mechs in your Drop Ship right up until the point that the Match Maker kicks in and starts putting you into a match. You will have enough time to configure your Drop Ship if needed and you will also know if you're attacking or defending.

Prior to dropping into a match, make sure you select which 'Mech you want to drop into battle with on the first pass. If you're 'Mech gets destroyed, you will see the standard death screen like you currently do in public matches. On this screen is a Drop Ship selection button which will bring up the interface to allow you to choose your next 'Mech to pilot. On this screen you also see how much time is remaining before the next wave of Drop Ships head into the battlefield. I don't want to spoil what happens during this time so you'll have to wait and see. It's pretty cool!

Once all 4 of your 'Mechs are destroyed, you will be able to spectate just you can right now in public matches.

Look I just want to have an airbrushed dragon on the side of my dropship.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Tusk posted:

Russ pretty much explicitly said there's a smurfy style builder already begin worked on.

And I remember UI 2.0 was supposed the be swell, community warfare was around the corner and some other nonsense was on the horizon. Seems like the only constants were the lies and money grabbing.

I was terrible at robits and mercifully for all parties involved my hard drive took a dump, when I bought my new SSD I never bothered to reinstall.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Looks like a video just went up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yipq9vOTt-k

It... contained a door. That was animated. I am genuinely surprised by this. Getting dropped off looks nice as well.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

My point was more about starting with a superior product instead of using something else lovely as a jumping off point

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Looks like a video just went up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yipq9vOTt-k

It... contained a door. That was animated. I am genuinely surprised by this. Getting dropped off looks nice as well.

This has me genuinely excited.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Paul posted:

I don't want to spoil what happens during this time so you'll have to wait and see. It's pretty cool!

You'll watch your Drop Ship circle in for a landing, but then suddenly crash with the rest of your robots because the pilot used too many thrusters at once causing the ship to shutdown from ghost heat.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
can i plz have the mp3 used in the trailer thx

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Infeckt posted:

You'll watch your Drop Ship circle in for a landing, but then suddenly crash with the rest of your robots because the pilot used too many thrusters at once causing the ship to shutdown from ghost heat.

massive leg damage from the initial drop

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Also maybe I'm behind on the times but I went into the in game galaxy map for the first time, immediately spotted this.

Which one of you fucks is responsible for this beauty.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

teepo posted:

can i plz have the mp3 used in the trailer thx

I might be able to have it put up on our Soundcloud

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Mindblast posted:

Also maybe I'm behind on the times but I went into the in game galaxy map for the first time, immediately spotted this.

it will be ours

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Mindblast posted:

That's seriously part of official Battletech Lore. PTN could confirm this. EDIT The name of the planet at least. The fluff text is probably their addition.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 11, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That's seriously part of official Battletech Lore. PTN could confirm this.

Yeah I just got informed on that. Shows what I know of battletech :v:. But the text, at least part of it, certainly is aimed at us. Or one of us to be more precise.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mindblast posted:

An AndersBot reference? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Fixed thermal vision on DirectX 11 when any form of anti-aliasing was enabled.

Does this mean no more green smoke? That was kind of cool for a bug.

• Locked thread