Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm guessing the vacuum sphere can't be cancelled out by normal attacks?

None of them can, they can only be cancelled by shield. Snaring Sphere just has a lot of cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

None of them can, they can only be cancelled by shield. Snaring Sphere just has a lot of cooldown.

Aura sphere can for sure get cancelled by Lucina's forward smash, though.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Since the game's been out for a while now, I'm wondering if there's a press kit out there of high resolution and quality renders of all the characters in the .png format I can download. Including the "secret" characters and stuff. I love video game artwork.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Silver Sound posted:

Online rules. You just need better internet. As an east coaster, I've played europeans and japanese without a hint of lag.

I have really good internet, and I get the poo poo matches from time to time, maybe one or two every other day. I don't see why Nintendo can't just kick someone with an outrageous ping or speed less than say 2Mb/sec.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Am I the only one who spends a stupidly inordinate amount of play time in "My Music" fine-tuning the likelihood of songs being played?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Balcony posted:

Am I the only one who spends a stupidly inordinate amount of play time in "My Music" fine-tuning the likelihood of songs being played?

Yeah you are dude. Yeah no one else uses that feature. You stupid, stupid motherfucker. Im going to shove your gamecube controller adapter up your rear end and sell it to the highest bidder.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

There's a face I haven't seen in a while. Still dreaming the impossible dream, Bonzi?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ahh.. One of the "Mewtwo will be the only DLC character" lot. Why don't you pull your head out of your rear end?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Ahh.. One of the "Mewtwo will be the only DLC character" lot. Why don't you pull your head out of your rear end?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Balcony posted:

Apart from making the final boss music from W101 be basically the only thing playing in the Mario Galaxy stage and the 1st stage music being played exclusively in the pilotwings stage, yeah I gently caress around with the likelihood of songs being played, since I don't normally exclude any songs.

Especially for the Sonic stage because I have always had Escape From the City with the highest priority, but the first ten times or so I played on that stage, it kept playing Open Your Heart/His World/Sonic Heroes/any of the other good songs that weren't at the highest priority so I was :psyduck: as hell.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I have really good internet, and I get the poo poo matches from time to time, maybe one or two every other day. I don't see why Nintendo can't just kick someone with an outrageous ping or speed less than say 2Mb/sec.

Kicking paying customers is the dumbest thing that's why. You should be able to see your ping to someone else before playing though.

Xad posted:

Apart from making the final boss music from W101 be basically the only thing playing in the Mario Galaxy stage and the 1st stage music being played exclusively in the pilotwings stage, yeah I gently caress around with the likelihood of songs being played, since I don't normally exclude any songs.

Especially for the Sonic stage because I have always had Escape From the City with the highest priority, but the first ten times or so I played on that stage, it kept playing Open Your Heart/His World/Sonic Heroes/any of the other good songs that weren't at the highest priority so I was :psyduck: as hell.

The only thing allowed on the sonic stages is the music from the genesis games, and the galaxy hub music is the best.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The only thing allowed on the sonic stages is the music from the genesis games

The song choices in Smash for the genesis songs are garbage, so I turn that poo poo down to zero.

Green Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone? Really? That's it?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Macaluso posted:

The song choices in Smash for the genesis songs are garbage, so I turn that poo poo down to zero.

Green Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone? Really? That's it?

The sonic heroes song is good enough to balance it out IMO

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There is a disturbing lack of Escape from the City in the above posts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

There is a disturbing lack of Escape from the City in the above posts.

Look man, Escape from the City is just obviously always there on the highest setting, it doesn't need to be mentioned.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

The removal of Sonic Boom is an unpardonable crime against gamers and cool people.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I just assume at this point the list of pre-Adventure classic Sonic music SEGA owns the rights to is smaller than the list in which they either don't own the rights or they maybe do sorta but stuff has come out where it turns out they probably don't.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Xad posted:

This is my problem with Gamer. I have the Gamer music set to max and everything else really low since I don't mind Ashley's Song or Warioware Medley or whatever. I only get Gamer maybe one time out of ten though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Balcony posted:

Same here. But I keep feeling like I should stop until I get all the music so I can really pick but I have no idea when I'll finish getting all the music and aaaaah.

Which boosts did people say were good for Crazy Orders to get health back? might focus on getting that and then just go crazy with Crazy Orders.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I really wish I could get a drat beam sword item so I can do this Dr. Mario trophy rush challenge.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Deviant posted:

I really wish I could get a drat beam sword item so I can do this Dr. Mario trophy rush challenge.

I got that challenge by just fitting him with two of the fastest shoes I could find for him and then one piece of equipment that allowed him to stop on a dime. Also I had to learn to wait a second or two before fever dies down so that I can clear a whole screen of coin blocks once it's back in normal mode to get the meter pretty high up again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I got that challenge by just fitting him with two of the fastest shoes I could find for him and then one piece of equipment that allowed him to stop on a dime. Also I had to learn to wait a second or two before fever dies down so that I can clear a whole screen of coin blocks once it's back in normal mode to get the meter pretty high up again.

Yeah, this right here is key. Never let your combo drop, try and do this, and try and save gold blocks for opportune moments if you can. It will still take quite a few tries but it's doable.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I learned something today. If you throw a cucco at ZSS, and she hits it with her side B, it'll just stop, like nothing happened.

So apparently you can't hit a chicken, but you can taze the poo poo out of one.

STOP RESISTING

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Deviant posted:

I learned something today. If you throw a cucco at ZSS, and she hits it with her side B, it'll just stop, like nothing happened.

So apparently you can't hit a chicken, but you can taze the poo poo out of one.

STOP RESISTING

You know how a chicken takes three steps and then forgets?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's okay she grew up with birds she probably knows a common avian dialect to calm it down.

She probably swears in bird with Falco all the time and nobody notices.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Xad posted:

Apart from making the final boss music from W101 be basically the only thing playing in the Mario Galaxy stage

It's supposed to be a 50/50 split between that and the final boss music from Bowser's Inside Story.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AnotherGamer posted:

It's supposed to be a 50/50 split between that and the final boss music from Bowser's Inside Story.

I have the latter turned to max myself. It's just too KH-ish not to, I love it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Charizard is the worst character in the game. Why bother? SO loving USELESS.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Anidav posted:

Well, he isn't

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Have you tried Lady Palutena without customs? i think your opinion might change.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
so i just found out that villagers watering can will push enemies in the air downwards, making it an excellent edgeguard thing.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

mabels big day posted:

Have you tried Lady Palutena without customs? i think your opinion might change.

she's good and fun!!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I use Charizard and Palutena, I don't think they're the best characters but they are cool and fun to use.
Palutena has one of the best down-throws for follow ups

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I am getting some mad mileage out of Charizard.

Link Classic, on the other hand... somebody needs to convince me that he's not hot garbage, because my cautious optimism is frantically slipping.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I actually think Link's the best he's ever been in this game. Still not an A-Tier Killer or anything, but at least he doesn't get totally embarrassed in every fight.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Everyone is good except Metaknight, who is bad.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I own random pubbies online as Toon Link.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

the truth posted:

I own random pubbies online as Toon Link.

Toon Link seems fine. Regular Link is making me gouge my eyes out because I really want to like him, I do, he's just making it difficult. I had this same problem in Brawl, though, where it feels like I've been presented with a Good Link and a Bad Link and I have dumb personal attachment to Bad Link.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am getting some mad mileage out of Charizard.

Link Classic, on the other hand... somebody needs to convince me that he's not hot garbage, because my cautious optimism is frantically slipping.

Link classic is actually completely loving annoying.

1. He can shoot arrows that do like 1% damage really fast repeatedly.
2. His tornado complete fucks your spacing. He'll often throw a tornado, then arrow spam, making approaching really annoying.
3. Blocks counter-projectiles by doing nothing with his shield.

So he might actually be the most annoying of the projectile spammers (not most effective, the tactic doesn't really do a lot of damage, but it's infuriating to play against.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Figured out how to do a forward bair, I'm super chuffed. I know it's a really simple thing in retrospect, but I'm still excited. See also; relearning how to use the C-stick after the wake of 3DS smash. Got a lot of bad habits to train myself out of from that.

• Locked thread