Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Soylentbits posted:

So is the basic thinking that the Inhumans movie will end with a terragenesis bomb transforming large parts of the world into super people and Civil War about Iron Man wanting to have these guys registered since they're untrained and dangerous and Captain America opposing that because that's basically World War 2 nazi thinking?

Does that fit into the timeline? Is the Inhumans movie gonna happen before CW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Pander posted:

No, Inhumans isn't out until 2018. Civil War is 2016.

The only way that would work for be for the bomb to happen in one of the shows or in Avengers. I doubt it'll happen in one of the shows, but hey, we could be surprised.

More likely, Civil War will just be a highly changed, very loose that mostly just takes the name and the idea of Tony & Steve fighting eachother over superhero ethics. They've said as much, anyway.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 11, 2014

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Pander posted:

Nah, Inhumans is the last film announced in 2018. I think anyways. I imagine what will happen is the show will deal with a handful of Inhumans and trying to keep it under wraps whereas the movie will be them becoming public knowledge and dealing with some earth threatening crisis.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Yeah that's right. Whoops. I thought Inhumans was coming earlier.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Soylentbits posted:

So is the basic thinking that the Inhumans movie will end with a terragenesis bomb transforming large parts of the world into super people and Civil War about Iron Man wanting to have these guys registered since they're untrained and dangerous and Captain America opposing that because that's basically World War 2 nazi thinking?

Nah, Inhumans is way after Cap 3: Civil War, Inhumans is in like 2018 or something after the first part of Avengers 3 IIRC.

Only hope for it to affect Cap 3 would be for the show to blow one up in the aftermath of Age of Ultron(or before I guess, but unlikely on both counts)

edit: I guess that's what I get for leaving and coming back to post without checking responses...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Soylentbits posted:

It's certainly more palatable than "Tony has decided that even though there is literally only a dozen superheroes on the planet and the overwhelming majority of them have either worked directly for the government or showed a willingness to do the government's bidding, they're out of control and need to be registered".

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wait isn't Cap 3 standalone and Civil War is going to be a 2 part Avengers?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Cap 3 is Civil War, 2 part Avengers is Infinity War

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Nope, Civil War is Cap 3, and it's focusing heavily on Iron Man vs. Cap's ideals or something along those lines.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

TARDISman posted:

Nope, Civil War is Cap 3, and it's focusing heavily on Iron Man vs. Cap's ideals or something along those lines.

Stark says to reform SHIELD better than ever, Rogers says to burn it all down because it's too dangerous. They start to fight. The big reveal is that JARVIS has been secretly controlled by a Hydra virus, and uses all of Stark's resources against America. Fury gets killed, for real this time. Stark and Rogers unite and win somehow, and then develop a compromise that involves Avengers and space stuff, just in time for Thanos' poo poo to get real.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
My guess is that the Civil War stuff will not be resolved fully before the Avengers 3. So we get A3: Part 1 CAN THEY WORK TOGETHER?! And then Part 2, the resolution.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Hackening recently revealed that Marvel and Sony were in talks to get Spider-Man into Civil War, but it fell through.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

The Hackening recently revealed that Marvel and Sony were in talks to get Spider-Man into Civil War, but it fell through.

If I were a billionaire I'd buy up the rights to every comic character so bullshit like this doesn't happen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Kheldarn posted:

Actually due to the fan backlash about this falling through, talks have resumed. I guess the sticking point was that Marvel wanted full creative control of Spiderman going forward, with a 60/40 profit deal with Sony getting 40. Sony didn't want to give up control.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Dexo posted:

Ward's gonna screw with the programming and she's gonna end up looking like Skye.

I meant the mind control, not the mask

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Actually due to the fan backlash about this falling through, talks have resumed. I guess the sticking point was that Marvel wanted full creative control of Spiderman going forward, with a 60/40 profit deal with Sony getting 40. Sony didn't want to give up control.

Yeah Marvel wanted a full reboot under their studios and Sony wanted to retain creative control instead of taking the FREE GODDAMNED MONEY being thrown at them. But this is the studio that doesn't understand why they keep making Adam Sandler movies, apparently.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah Marvel wanted a full reboot under their studios and Sony wanted to retain creative control instead of taking the FREE GODDAMNED MONEY being thrown at them. But this is the studio that doesn't understand why they keep making Adam Sandler movies, apparently.

Nobody ever claimed Sony was smart. See: The Hackening.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

All this Sony Spider-Man garbage makes me sad because I really like Andrew Garfield as Spidey.

/offtopic

I love Daisy.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

GreenNight posted:

What are the talks trying to negotiate exactly? Spidey cameo? I'm trying to calibrate my expectations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

hiddenriverninja posted:

All this Sony Spider-Man garbage makes me sad because I really like Andrew Garfield as Spidey.

/offtopic

I love Daisy.

gently caress that I will go off-topic as much as I want! Garfield is closer to Peter Parker than Maguire ever was in delivery, appearance, and -face has basically just ruined him forever.

I am glad to hear that Spidey talks are back on, and hope they retain Garfield. Maybe they can get Wolverine in the deal too, for the future Avengers stuff.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If Marvel wants to be able to do a full reboot it sounds like a lot more than a cameo. I'd welcome Spider Man but I'm fine with them never getting X-Men back. I just don't think there is room for them in the MCU.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

What are the talks trying to negotiate exactly? Spidey cameo? I'm trying to calibrate my expectations.

I haven't heard anything about talks resuming, but basically what would've happened is that Marvel would've taken over the creative end of Spider-Man and been able to fold him into other MCU projects. Multiple alternatives were discussed for whether it'd a reboot or a continuation, but Marvel pretty clearly wanted at least a soft reboot. Sony Pictures and Marvel would split the costs and profits 60/40. Higher ups at Sony proper itself have been really pissed about how badly Sony Pictures has botched Amazing Spider-Man and its clumsy attempts to build a me-too MCU.

It's actually kind of interesting because some of the leaks indicate that Sony Pictures execs ran interference or outright lied to their bosses at Sony about killing the deal because of hubris and the risk of losing Avi Arad.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

GreenNight posted:

They are using Black Panther now in the movie instead of Spider-man.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Republican Vampire posted:

I haven't heard anything about talks resuming, but basically what would've happened is that Marvel would've taken over the creative end of Spider-Man and been able to fold him into other MCU projects. Multiple alternatives were discussed for whether it'd a reboot or a continuation, but Marvel pretty clearly wanted at least a soft reboot. Sony Pictures and Marvel would split the costs and profits 60/40. Higher ups at Sony proper itself have been really pissed about how badly Sony Pictures has botched Amazing Spider-Man and its clumsy attempts to build a me-too MCU.

It's actually kind of interesting because some of the leaks indicate that Sony Pictures execs ran interference or outright lied to their bosses at Sony about killing the deal because of hubris and the risk of losing Avi Arad.

If I am not mistaken, the deal breaker was that Sony wanted a share of the Cap 3 money, since Spidey was going to be in it, to which Marvel declined.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So it sounds like Marvel takes creative control of Spidey and all Sony has to do is foot the bill part of the bill and reap part of the profits? Geez how enamored are they with their creative division given how much money the MCU has been printing and has caused everyone to start their own copycat shared universe? If talks really did relaunch I hope it's on those terms again and not just 'Sony keeps making Spidey movies but Marvel will cameo Spidey in the MCU' because then I could see Sony's lovely movies tainting the MCU. I don't really care about the X-Men since we're getting the Inhumans.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

So it sounds like Marvel takes creative control of Spidey and all Sony has to do is foot the bill part of the bill and reap part of the profits? Geez how enamored are they with their creative division given how much money the MCU has been printing and has caused everyone to start their own copycat shared universe? If talks really did relaunch I hope it's on those terms again and not just 'Sony keeps making Spidey movies but Marvel will cameo Spidey in the MCU' because then I could see Sony's lovely movies tainting the MCU. I don't really care about the X-Men since we're getting the Inhumans.
The architect behind their plan is Avi Arad, who really hatres Marvel Studios. He was basically the producer on most Marvel-based films and live-action TV going back to the nineties, but he left the recently founded Marvel Studios in '06 right before it started to get big.

Dude is at least partially responsible for cape movies becoming a thing, he was one of the key people who put together the Spider-Man and X-Men films that kicked off this whole weird fad, but he also writes really long, slightly unhinged open letters about how he is the real genius behind Marvel Studios and Iron Man was his idea and Kevin Feige is a mean poopy head who has no idea how to secure financing for a major motion picture.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Republican Vampire posted:

The architect behind their plan is Avi Arad, who really hatres Marvel Studios. He was basically the producer on most Marvel-based films and live-action TV going back to the nineties, but he left the recently founded Marvel Studios in '06 right before it started to get big.

Dude is at least partially responsible for cape movies becoming a thing, he was one of the key people who put together the Spider-Man and X-Men films that kicked off this whole weird fad, but he also writes really long, slightly unhinged open letters about how he is the real genius behind Marvel Studios and Iron Man was his idea and Kevin Feige is a mean poopy head who has no idea how to secure financing for a major motion picture.

In his defense, Kevin Feige does kind of seem like a poopy head.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Geez I had no idea about all this backroom drama. I only know about Feige due to his profile from a whiel back and of Loeb because of the bitching on these forums. It sounds like I should be thankful for Avi Arad for kicking off the superhero fad and also thankful that he's gone.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Elucidarius posted:

If you weren't already convinced enough about this show and Inhumans Marvel's facebook page posted this

So Inhumans are basically mutants but instead of 'the x-gene did it' it's 'terrigen mist did it'?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Correctamundo!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

WarLocke posted:

So Inhumans are basically mutants but instead of 'the x-gene did it' it's 'terrigen mist did it'?

That's what Marvel Studios is hoping.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Soylentbits posted:

In his defense, Kevin Feige does kind of seem like a poopy head.

Oh yeah. He is totally a poopy head.

Xtanstic posted:

Geez I had no idea about all this backroom drama. I only know about Feige due to his profile from a whiel back and of Loeb because of the bitching on these forums. It sounds like I should be thankful for Avi Arad for kicking off the superhero fad and also thankful that he's gone.

Eh. Arad was just Marvel's movie/TV guy for a while and got a shitload of credits even for stuff that he was, at most, peripherally involved in. Various other people, including Feige, were at least as important.

WarLocke posted:

The Inhuman Royal Family has this great sort of pagan soap opera element to it, like Greek mythology but in a more contemporary setting. But that's probably not going to materialize until we start getting teasers for the film. A lot of the differences between them and mutants have been erased, right down to an attempt to create a Professor X/Magneto style split between Queen Medusa and Lash.

Also the Inhumans are better because they have a GIANT loving PUPPY WHO LOVES HUGS.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

West Coast Avengers confirmed on AoS!!!! :haw:

We just need Hawkeye to show up on the series and marry Bobbi and maybe have Tripp come back from the dead as Wonder Man. Also maybe a Rhodey/Warmachine cameo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dan Didio posted:

That's what Marvel Studios is hoping.

You don't get a say, you hosed up Everything in DCU. Get a real job.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

You know what would make a great TV Show? Great Lakes Avengers. It's too silly to really work in the films, but c'mon. Plus it's not like any of their powers would be that hard to do on a TV budget.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Train Spotting for Captain Britian!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A live-action Squirrel Girl would be great.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

Bruceski posted:

A live-action Squirrel Girl would be great.

It would never work. You'd need to have villains like Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Galactus for her to fight for there to be any suspense at all. And how are you going to get them on the small screen?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
CG Galactus's thumb or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

MaximumBob posted:

It would never work. You'd need to have villains like Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Galactus for her to fight for there to be any suspense at all. And how are you going to get them on the small screen?

Just have her beat Ward offscreen and then have everyone make fun of Ward forever.

• Locked thread