Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Do it, you know you want to.
Shouldn't it be like 'A for the Asspull' or something?

But yes, I agree. Defining moment right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bisse posted:

I have to say I actually like his power. He has the power of all-knowing. Meaning if your attacks are gimmick shite, he can understand how they work and apparently find ways around them. It does not (yet, who knows what plot twists will come later) seem to give him power or speed or anything, he does not press swords harder, but he's just a slipper gently caress who's probably got away out of everything short of... well, having a sword applied to his body hard enough. :p

That's not it at all, though. The attack is effectively inescapable, he just retroactively becomes immune to it when he understands how it works.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ichigo's power is T, "The Tap," because he can turn it up to 11.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Where is Gin when you need him?

His genre-savviness would have made short work of The Asspull.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think my favorite part of the new chapter is how Ywach is immune to Ichibe's very specific power once it's revealed, and this somehow not only makes him immune to the physical portion of the attack, a giant pair of hands slapping you, but also has the ability to immediately appear behind Ichibe, surprise him, and blast a hole in his torso before Ichibe even realizes what's going on.

IF YWACH IS FAST ENOUGH TO DO THAT WHY DIDN'T HE LEAD THE FIGHT WITH IT

Nothing about "The Almighty" explanation makes sense. This is a Aizen vs Soi Fong level asspull. "Because of the way my magic powers work, even the parts of your abilities that aren't magic and are physical characteristics are also invalidated" because ghost magic?

Bad end to a good fight, Kubo is on the razor's edge of quality here. He has the ability but seems unwilling or unable to consistently produce quality work.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'd go for a pre seireitei movie to see the band of marauders that found it. these guys are crazy

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 12, 2014

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Advice posted:

I think my favorite part of the new chapter is how Ywach is immune to Ichibe's very specific power once it's revealed, and this somehow not only makes him immune to the physical portion of the attack, a giant pair of hands slapping you, but also has the ability to immediately appear behind Ichibe, surprise him, and blast a hole in his torso before Ichibe even realizes what's going on.

IF YWACH IS FAST ENOUGH TO DO THAT WHY DIDN'T HE LEAD THE FIGHT WITH IT

Nothing about "The Almighty" explanation makes sense. This is a Aizen vs Soi Fong level asspull. "Because of the way my magic powers work, even the parts of your abilities that aren't magic and are physical characteristics are also invalidated" because ghost magic?

Bad end to a good fight, Kubo is on the razor's edge of quality here. He has the ability but seems unwilling or unable to consistently produce quality work.

you mean like what he did like 20 chapters ago with the Lethal when he made the lethal dose of blood in that dude's body some amount lower then what he needed to survive, and the Shinigami countered it by replacing all of his blood, despite that having nothing to do with his power?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
But not before opening a few veins out of dick-measuring goodness

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Aizen is the only way to save Bleach.

It would have been perfected he said A is for Aizen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hand of the King posted:

Aizen is the only way to save Bleach.

It would have been perfected he said A is for Aizen.

Aizen killed Bleach and now only he can save it. It's poetic in a way.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If anything this sets up Ishida to jump in against Ywach since he also has the letter A. Haschwalth just explained the power (very likely that he did it by external exposition) so now Ishida is aware of how it works.

Of course Ywach is just going to counter it by going "I gave you 'a' not 'A'" :smug:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stallion Cabana posted:

you mean like what he did like 20 chapters ago with the Lethal when he made the lethal dose of blood in that dude's body some amount lower then what he needed to survive, and the Shinigami countered it by replacing all of his blood, despite that having nothing to do with his power?

That made sense. It was Kirinji that replaced his blood and we already knew that the water used to replace his blood did that.

Pretty much Askin turns Oestsu's blood toxic and if he has too much toxic blood in him it will kill him. He first counters by cutting himself and to keep the toxic blood levels low. Askin reveals that he will die from blood loss if he wants to counter the toxic blood as he would need to drain nearly his entire body to counter it. Kirinji summons his blood water that refreshes and replaces all of Oestsu's blood saving him and allowing him to beat Askin.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lmao bleach owns but for a different reason every week

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am just upset that 'A' did not stand for Arrow.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am just upset that 'A' did not stand for Arrow.

well we still have time for that...

Caros
May 14, 2008

You know, for a guy who has a power that only works when other people explain how their powers work you'd think The Asspull wouldn't want people bragging about his powers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His secondary ability, Arrogance, compels people to brag about their powers.

On a side note, Gin and Aizen are the only two that ever bothered to lie about what their abilities did, yeah?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Almighty.
Ywach is Yahweh!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On a side note, Gin and Aizen are the only two that ever bothered to lie about what their abilities did, yeah?

I believe so. Ichigo has simply been consistently wrong about what his powers are.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda like Ishida being chosen to replace Ywach as a theme since of all the silly Quincy poo poo we've seen Ishida's abilities (including whatever the stupid german word for supersayajin they use for their transformed power) he's the most traditional. It's a goddamn bow and arrow with neato special effects.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fabricated posted:

I kinda like Ishida being chosen to replace Ywach as a theme since of all the silly Quincy poo poo we've seen Ishida's abilities (including whatever the stupid german word for supersayajin they use for their transformed power) he's the most traditional. It's a goddamn bow and arrow with neato special effects.

A is for Antique.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Caros posted:

You know, for a guy who has a power that only works when other people explain how their powers work you'd think The Asspull wouldn't want people bragging about his powers.

Well that's the white-hair's Letter: B for Bullshit

Somebody's gotta explain things

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Say Nothing posted:

The Almighty.
Ywach is Yahweh!

I noticed the odd comparison between this like a little bit after he showed up and didn't think it would ever mean anything, just 'oh lets give him a cool name that is kind of similar to Yahweh, since that's like the God of a Religion'

I don't know if it's still just a dumb coincidence or he did it on purpose.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bleach Thread 14: This Asspull has been brought to you by the letter 'A'

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

U-DO Burger posted:

Ok, now this suggestion is perfect.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

I support this new title.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sprite141 posted:

Ok, now this suggestion is perfect.
Yep loving nailed it

Wait no. Bullseye!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

U-DO Burger posted:

You are the 'P'. The Perfect Post.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I noticed the odd comparison between this like a little bit after he showed up and didn't think it would ever mean anything, just 'oh lets give him a cool name that is kind of similar to Yahweh, since that's like the God of a Religion'

Didn't the chapter where they showed his backstory have a part where he took his name from the god the people around him worshipped? I think it's got to be intentional.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stallion Cabana posted:

I guess we'll have to keep ywatching to find out.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So I guess Ywach has two pupils in each eye now? Is Bleach going to become a manga about strange eyes too?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

U-DO Burger posted:

Change thread title please

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

slev posted:

So I guess Ywach has two pupils in each eye now? Is Bleach going to become a manga about strange eyes too?

It's far too late for it to become the primary focus but I really hope its not some power that Ichigo ends up getting for some horrible reason. Eye powers as a unique ability would be okay with me, just don't do what that other manga did and make every power centered around the drat things and oh god.

I'm not going to go back and re-read the last few hundred chapters but I seem to remember Ichigo's reforged sword should have new powers right? His Quinsy Ywach was pretending to be his sword and giving him lovely powers and not his REAL powers. So we won't see his "speed" power set right? I could be horribly wrong, I usually read manga a night of drinking and discuss it while I'm sober, this sometimes ends in hilarity as I completely misread something.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pixaal posted:

It's far too late for it to become the primary focus but I really hope its not some power that Ichigo ends up getting for some horrible reason. Eye powers as a unique ability would be okay with me, just don't do what that other manga did and make every power centered around the drat things and oh god.

I'm not going to go back and re-read the last few hundred chapters but I seem to remember Ichigo's reforged sword should have new powers right? His Quinsy Ywach was pretending to be his sword and giving him lovely powers and not his REAL powers. So we won't see his "speed" power set right? I could be horribly wrong, I usually read manga a night of drinking and discuss it while I'm sober, this sometimes ends in hilarity as I completely misread something.

The implication I got was that he was getting a watered down and incomplete version of his real powers. So he'll probably have his "speed" powers, but like actually this time. Also probably a new version of his Getsuga Tensho.

Maybe it's rainbow colored this time or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stallion Cabana posted:

He was literally called YHVH in his back story.

He appeantly deliberately switched up the spelling to promote his own identity while still drawing parallels to the god he was named after

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 13, 2014

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Soul King has freaky eyes, too. I guess the more god-like you get in Bleach, the weirder your eyes get.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

pixaal posted:

He's got two swords so Kubo has to at least come up with something for Ichigo to do with the second, little cleaver one.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The more god-like you get in Bleach, the less you have to give a gently caress about another's opinion.

Who's gonna have the balls to call out the Divine Creator of everything for having goofy eyes? You let that guy look however the hell he wants no questions asked :colbert:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Shugojin posted:

He's got two swords so Kubo has to at least come up with something for Ichigo to do with the second, little cleaver one.

He now shoots two sword beams at once, he already demonstrated that. It's just been forever since it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Infected posted:

He now shoots two sword beams at once, he already demonstrated that. It's just been forever since it happened.

Yeah, he has that new Getsuga Tensho that he does where he makes a cross shaped beam that is similar to the kanji for ten making it a pun on top of everything. That said, the lazy way he used it was actually quite cool.

• Locked thread