Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Phone posted:

gently caress you. K B motors are rad as hell.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Caught a crash on my dashcam, first one since I got it nearly a year ago. I'm so excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3JGo-GYPc

In other news, the new Scout is sold, it's going to Wilmington, NC. Now I'm thinking about selling the 250C and using the money to buy another Scout, and a motorcycle, and a cheap RallyX car that I will eventually build to a stage rally car. I'm thinking Honda Civic Wagovan 4wd with B-series swap.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

trouser chili posted:

a cheap RallyX car that I will eventually build to a stage rally car. I'm thinking Honda Civic Wagovan 4wd with B-series swap.

You are going to want something with good parts availability for body panels and suspension.

The best bet is something that has multiple availablity for suspension choices and that you can source panels and body cuts for for future repairs. If you get some rare rusty snow flake, you'll have a lot harder time piecing your car back together.

Also if you need spare part and don't have it, running a common car will give you more options at service with other teams. I have given out so much poo poo.

Good cars are ford focus, subaru impreza, vws although they are older.

The impreza is really the only car you can run literally any class and driveline config in. Plus they run from 93-07 for most common bolt in poo poo. 93-01 is a good year range for gen 1 cars and 02-07 gives you crashed wrx's to pull body and suspension from which kids are wrecking all the time. Plus outback and legacy poo poo can be used as parts too. You really can't go wrong with an impreza. Logically it is the best chassis. If you are cheap you can build your car and do an event for 8-10k.

Definitely IM/PM/mail me if you have specific build questions.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

trouser chili posted:

Caught a crash on my dashcam, first one since I got it nearly a year ago. I'm so excited!

I would've followed the idiot in the truck until you got his license plate, at least. :(

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cage posted:

I would've followed the idiot in the truck until you got his license plate, at least. :(

Fear not (from the dashcam thread):

trouser chili posted:

I gave the Mercury Milan driver a copy of the video, and the guy driving the Pontiac got the plates off the truck and came back.

All is well. :)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Probably wouldn't have mattered. If you swerve it's most likely going down as your fault.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fucknag posted:

Fear not (from the dashcam thread):

All is well. :)
Nice!

Adiabatic posted:

Probably wouldn't have mattered. If you swerve it's most likely going down as your fault.
I would've happily let the guy hit me, as long as it wasn't a pit maneuver. Winter beaters are the best.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

trouser chili posted:

Were you actually playing "Treat Me Mean, I Need The Reputation" there or did you dub it in later?

Also thank you for reminding me to buy that song again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Made it 23 minutes on the elliptical before my legs gave out. Not horrible for the first time in two years.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

My bank account is frozen. 20 dollars to my name.

fuck_north_carolina.gif

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Horse Divorce posted:

My bank account is frozen. 20 dollars to my name.

fuck_north_carolina.gif

What the hell is going on?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Horse divorce.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Ripoff posted:

Were you actually playing "Treat Me Mean, I Need The Reputation" there or did you dub it in later?

Also thank you for reminding me to buy that song again.

It was actually playing.

Cage posted:

I would have had I actually seen what happened. At the point I pulled over all I knew was that the Mercury lost control and had hit the guardrail. The truck was already back in it's original lane by the time I saw what was going on ahead of me. I was watching my driver's mirror and the lane to my immediate left for an opening, as the lane I was traveling in ends. It's a entrance ramp from another highway, yes that means the truck attempted to merge into an entrance ramp.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 11, 2014

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The last part of the galvanised water pipe to my house exploded last night

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Taxes. I thought I did them just fine, NC disagreed and waited several years until the intrest was higher than what i owed to tell me. i paid while i was working but school started up and i live at home, so i quit. NC decides they'd rather gently caress me for the 130 i had saved than wait until i have a job.

its my fault i guess, but why couldnt they have waited?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

You Am I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQzkdK2ha0

I love the technical run down. "Twin overhead cams" on a Cleveland?

Filmed in the University of Melbourne underground carpark (which still exists)

Also note where he reaches to rev the engine - that's the carburetor hiding under the gutted supercharger. If it were a real functioning Scott injector, he'd be reaching around the back of the injector hat - the throttle blade runs front to rear on that thing.
I've long thought that if I were to build a replica, I'd use EFI, and actually use the Scott as a throttle body, with a stupid long tube from it, through the supercharger, to the intake. Probably crap for throttle response, though.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Horse Divorce posted:

Taxes. I thought I did them just fine, NC disagreed and waited several years until the intrest was higher than what i owed to tell me. i paid while i was working but school started up and i live at home, so i quit. NC decides they'd rather gently caress me for the 130 i had saved than wait until i have a job.

its my fault i guess, but why couldnt they have waited?

They pulled this poo poo on me. Except better.

In the Army. First full tax year. I go to the free service on base for taxes. Follow everything to the letter. Submit. Get a small refund.

TEN YEARS LATER:

My bank balance is a couple thousand dollars lower than it should be. I can't make rent. WTF is going on? Call the bank; NC put a garnishment on your bank account, only information we have is this phone #. Call it; "Hello, NC Department of Revenue."

Turns out they didn't have records (lost them) of Uncle loving Sam ever paying my taxes for that year. At all. So they took out the taxes, the small refund, and then added a bunch of interest on top of that. The only way for me to get my money back was to provide a hard copy of my W2 for that year to them, to "prove" my employer/me had paid my taxes. This is from an office staffed by one lady whose voice mailbox has been full for three years and who never picks up her phone.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aussie Racer (who are going to be a free part of //DRIVE) have released their first video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCLyvGDQuPI

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Made it 23 minutes on the elliptical before my legs gave out. Not horrible for the first time in two years.

Gotta start somewhere! What was your goal?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

Aussie Racer (who are going to be a free part of //DRIVE) have released their first video:

DRIVE loving just wont stop with the loving awful background music

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 214 days!)

Cat Terrist posted:

DRIVE loving just wont stop with the loving awful background music

Who do they think they are? MCM?

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Sigma X posted:

They pulled this poo poo on me. Except better.

In the Army. First full tax year. I go to the free service on base for taxes. Follow everything to the letter. Submit. Get a small refund.

TEN YEARS LATER:

My bank balance is a couple thousand dollars lower than it should be. I can't make rent. WTF is going on? Call the bank; NC put a garnishment on your bank account, only information we have is this phone #. Call it; "Hello, NC Department of Revenue."

Turns out they didn't have records (lost them) of Uncle loving Sam ever paying my taxes for that year. At all. So they took out the taxes, the small refund, and then added a bunch of interest on top of that. The only way for me to get my money back was to provide a hard copy of my W2 for that year to them, to "prove" my employer/me had paid my taxes. This is from an office staffed by one lady whose voice mailbox has been full for three years and who never picks up her phone.

loving north carolina, i'd say it's unbelievable but i've stopped being an optimist.

I should start banging on some doors. When I did the math for my state taxes in 08, it came down to them owing me something like 12 dollars. I figured let them keep it, but i guess they figured wrong.

I wanted to submit a coding project for a copyright so I could try to get people's attention about it this month, maybe make a sale if I got real lucky. Goddammit why couldn't they wait? Right before christmas, too.

I'm going to go spend my last 20 on alcohol. gently caress it. it's all a waste anyway.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So I bought an and expensive, locally made shaving soap that not only made for the most uncomfortable shave I've ever had (my face is still burning almost eight hours later) but it left me smelling like I bathed in Pine-Sol too.

fuck_2014.gif

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Viggen posted:

Who do they think they are? MCM?

Vastly big difference between a few beats while doing a segway and "Every single second of otherwise good content with pathetic utter ear cancer".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

So I bought an and expensive, locally made shaving soap that not only made for the most uncomfortable shave I've ever had (my face is still burning almost eight hours later) but it left me smelling like I bathed in Pine-Sol too.

fuck_2014.gif

Electric shavers rule, although I have minimal facial hair to deal with thank god.

I can't imagine having to deal with a neck beard.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Electric shavers rule, although I have minimal facial hair to deal with thank god.

I can't imagine having to deal with a neck beard.

Electric gives me horrid skin. Like I stay broken out.

So I switched to a safety razor and never looked back. I can shavve the night before and wake up with baby smooth skin.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress I wish I could do that. Hell even like 6 hours after shaving it starts to reappear. So I am just going with beard at all time. I'm also lazy and work in a job that appearances do not matter.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

iwentdoodie posted:

Electric gives me horrid skin. Like I stay broken out.

Yep, same here. So I basically shave for important occasions, but otherwise stick with either a full (trimmed) beard or knock it down with a trimmer weekly. Apparently that's fashionable now, I thought I was just being lazy.

It grows like a god drat weed, I ended up with like a 3 inch beard last winter and it only took about a month and a half.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You Am I posted:

gently caress yes, I've been waiting for this!

Re: Razor chat, I still use the same electric Norelco i've had for the past 7 or so years. It's yet to fail me and I've never felt the need to replace it, it works wonders.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress I wish I could do that. Hell even like 6 hours after shaving it starts to reappear. So I am just going with beard at all time. I'm also lazy and work in a job that appearances do not matter.

That's how I am with any other razor. This poo poo is magic. Plus I like the ritual of it. Since I'm in the navy, shaving is a must so it's a pain in the rear end. But something about the ritual of actual soap, a brush and the sharp rear end blades makes it something I look forward to and enjoy.

But I much prefer having a beard.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

T1g4h posted:

Re: Razor chat, I still use the same electric Norelco i've had for the past 7 or so years. It's yet to fail me and I've never felt the need to replace it, it works wonders.
I have had a Braun 8595 for years. However it is slowly turning to the Ship of Theseus, as I have replaced the cam that moves the trimmer head and part of the case

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am just going with beard at all time. I'm also lazy and work in a job that appearances do not matter.

x2. gently caress it, near-zero effort for a warm face. The only time I shave is when I get slag damage-I tend to have to use the torch in positions that make this profoundly tough to avoid- though I've made it a year on this one and it's doing pretty drat well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You Am I posted:

I have had a Braun 8595 for years. However it is slowly turning to the Ship of Theseus, as I have replaced the cam that moves the trimmer head and part of the case

I actually haven't replaced a single thing on mine. Not kidding, i'm even still using the original blades that came with it. It's been solid.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I had a cheap rear end $50 braun about five years and it worked great until the blades went bad and it cost more for replacement blades than a new shaver. Got a new Panasonic cheap on amazon and it's awesome.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I shave with a straight razor these days, or if I'm really in a hurry I will break out the safety razor.

And unlike literally every other straight razor user on Earth I will end it at that and spare you all the pontificating because I find those people to be insufferable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Gotta start somewhere! What was your goal?

I wanted at least 30 minutes. I dont even remember my other stats because my heart was beating in my ears so I had to quit.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
gently caress you guys and your beard problems. I'm part Asian, middle eastern, and Mexican, so I can't grow a full beard for poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

mafoose posted:

gently caress you guys and your beard problems. I'm part Asian, middle eastern, and Mexican, so I can't grow a full beard for poo poo.

I didn't have to learn how to shave until I was 23. I still only shave about once every three weeks and that's mostly because what I can grow becomes very itchy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

leica posted:

I had a cheap rear end $50 braun about five years and it worked great until the blades went bad and it cost more for replacement blades than a new shaver. Got a new Panasonic cheap on amazon and it's awesome.

Panasonic's Arc shavers are the god-mode of electric razors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Pfffft, electric razors. Quattro Titanium piss on that.

Or the good old fashioned cutthroat. That is the best way to shave

• Locked thread