Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont know why i cant get down throw into up air to work. and yeah i have a problem where sometimes i get fixated on trying to do a single thing and its really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i dont know why i cant get down throw into up air to work. and yeah i have a problem where sometimes i get fixated on trying to do a single thing and its really bad

i have a problem with cars, killing me offstage, lmao

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i guess down throw to up air just doesnt work on wario for some reason. that really sucks for palutena

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i guess down throw to up air just doesnt work on wario for some reason. that really sucks for palutena

yeah i dunno if its the matchup or if youre just way better with robin but i can beat your palutena fairly handily but i get wrecked by robin

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i mean i'm definitely better with robin than palutena but a lot of the stuff i usually do with palutena just doesnt seem to work on wario for whatever reason. i was getting it to work against game & watch fine for the most part

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

shulk's counter is probably the most annoying thing in the world,

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i did not realize how big the hitbox on ike's neutral b is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i did not realize how big the hitbox on ike's neutral b is.

it's big and strong like ike is

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mr. game & watch is just having the time of his life with every movement

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mr. game & watch is just having the time of his life with every movement

this is extremely silly

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ganondorf is like my kryptonite. him and samus, i never beat, no matter what.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i need a fishing rod really bad right now

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my advice is to not stand next to the ledge

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that match was extremely rude from both sides

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i still can't beat ganondorf/

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hate that stage and its idiot floor

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i still can't beat ganondorf/

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm glad robin smiles in her victory pose on the wii u version. its good to smile

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you need to stop jumping off when i mess up a recovery because you're only making it easier for me to win and also its disrespectful, which is fine but i don't think that's what your intention is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

you need to stop jumping off when i mess up a recovery because you're only making it easier for me to win and also its disrespectful, which is fine but i don't think that's what your intention is.

rule number one: always follow your opponent off the edge for a finishing blow.

rule number two: always finish your opponent with your own hands.

rule number three: suicide if rule numbers one or two are broken

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

holy poo poo its late. i think thats enough. thanks for the games.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yeah sure, anytime. does this mean i can enter the tournament tho

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

yeah sure, anytime. does this mean i can enter the tournament tho

no. get out of my thread.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

no. get out of my thread.

i'm joshin ya, theres a bunch of people who will probably drop so i can just put you in their place

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

nice... by taking all of their spots, i'll have more chances to win,.. ive got this in the bag

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hey Reksi, is there a reason you use Dorf's alt down special?

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Hey Reksi, is there a reason you use Dorf's alt down special?

It goes over projectiles and gives you way better horizontal recovery if you're not hit at a low angle. I still use the default downB in certain matchups if I find myself hopping over approaches and whiffing a lot (happens often against Little Mac)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Reksi posted:

It goes over projectiles and gives you way better horizontal recovery if you're not hit at a low angle. I still use the default downB in certain matchups if I find myself hopping over approaches and whiffing a lot (happens often against Little Mac)

Ah, ok. I generally try to recover to the ledge as Dorf because there's such a long landing lag on his down b. Do you find yourself getting punished a lot on it when you use it to recover?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reksi knows his 'dorf

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

LanceKing2200 posted:

We should run a roll call on everyone in losers bracket, and anyone who doesn't post between now and like, Saturday gets dropped.

hey rhycool, let's play one some time and just assume eonwe won't get his poo poo fixed.

and if by some miracle he does, that's good too

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Ah, ok. I generally try to recover to the ledge as Dorf because there's such a long landing lag on his down b. Do you find yourself getting punished a lot on it when you use it to recover?

The landing lag on it is very punishable, but if you do it from far enough away, the kick ends in the air and you can jump or keep the momentum and airdodge/do aerials. Even in situations where the lag leaves you open, it's a mixup for his recovery and you get to keep your opponent guessing about how you're getting back.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Reksi posted:

The landing lag on it is very punishable, but if you do it from far enough away, the kick ends in the air and you can jump or keep the momentum and airdodge/do aerials. Even in situations where the lag leaves you open, it's a mixup for his recovery and you get to keep your opponent guessing about how you're getting back.

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully we can get some dittos in soon. Judging from the video you've got a better ganondorf than me but I think I could give you a run for your money!

I'm coming for lonlon's king DDD too...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LanceKing2200 posted:

Here's an updated list removing those who've been eliminated

A Fancy Bloke
Aston
Beef Waifu
Cake Attack
CodenameFANGIO
Dapper Duck
Deviant
Dieting Hippo
DoctorWhat
Eonwe
_Endgame_
Grimbal Lock
Guy Freeman
LanceKing2200
Lemming
Locust Fart Hell
Moriatti
Pops Mgee
Qnqnx
Rhycool
Seiferguy
Sitting Bull
Tender Bender
The Crusher
TheComicFiend
Undersea Magic
Zeuhl

Also Mabels you're super behind in updating the bracket, if you want to give me editing rights I'll keep it updated.

Hey Locust Fart Hell I had actually backed out of the tournament due to being unable to play, but I'm freed up again so if you wanna go tonight I'm game. Anytime 8-12pm EST works for me.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Deviant posted:

hey rhycool, let's play one some time and just assume eonwe won't get his poo poo fixed.

and if by some miracle he does, that's good too

I'll be free tonight, or tomorrow night, if you want to smash. Let me know what time works best for you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yo Locust Fart Hell sent you an NNID request. I'm around for a while if you wanna smash.

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
Okay, I've been without internet for a few days, but I'm here now. First...

MBD, I've noticed in your bracket, you've glossed over my last match.

Guy Freeman posted:

I've taken victory over codenameFANGIO 2 to 0. And then we had some more fun smashing. Merry smashing FANGIO.

So, that leads to my next opponent...

Undersea Magic posted:

i'm here and ready to smash, whoever's supposed to fight me

UNDERSEA MAGIC, let us have jolly smashing! Could you do tomorrow? Between, like, 4 - 9 PM, EST?

comma

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Guy Freeman posted:

MBD, I've noticed in your bracket, you've glossed over my last match.

He hasn't updated the last weeks worth of matches. I'm this close to remaking the bracket in my own account and updating it myself.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It is difficult to read all the posts.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

mabels big day posted:

It is difficult to read all the posts.

Just find the first post by each player and filter by their posts to figure out who won what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

LanceKing2200 posted:

Here's an updated list removing those who've been eliminated

A Fancy Bloke
Aston
Beef Waifu
Cake Attack
CodenameFANGIO
Dapper Duck
Deviant
Dieting Hippo
DoctorWhat
Eonwe
_Endgame_
Grimbal Lock
Guy Freeman
LanceKing2200
Lemming
Locust Fart Hell
Moriatti
Pops Mgee
Qnqnx
Rhycool
Seiferguy
Sitting Bull
Tender Bender
The Crusher
TheComicFiend
Undersea Magic
Zeuhl

Also Mabels you're super behind in updating the bracket, if you want to give me editing rights I'll keep it updated.

• Locked thread