Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I like the idea of the shuffling themes.

But I'd like the idea of letting me change the music on themes or disabling it. There are some themes I'd buy but won't because of the music.

Custom themes would be nice too but we'll never get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Does anyone know how Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire compares to the original Pokemon Pinball on Gameboy? I loving loved that game but I never played the GBA one.

It's way easier. I still haven't caught Mew in the original and I caught Jirachi like the day I bought R&S. It's very similar to the first game in terms of rules, but they dropped the number of times you have to hit targets in order to activate things or catch Pokémon. The speed is also way slower (especially compared to the madness of that directional arrow shooting the ball around on the Blue table) and the screen scrolls instead of being divided into halves and flipping back and forth between them.

I didn't really care for it at first compared to the original, but it has grown on me, mostly because it looks and sounds nice. Games can last a long time, though, which can get boring in pinball.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gently caress. I don't own any themes yet, but knowing that I don't have to pick one and I can just shuffle through them all? :retrogames:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is Azure Striker Gunvolt the game everyone was losing their minds over when it first came out? I have 28 hours of flying & layovers to go through next week so I'm stuffing my 3DS with things to take the edge off. And how's the 8-bit spinoff Mighty Gunvolt? $3.99 is right around "sure why not?" territory for me, but I could put that money towards Wario Land II or Shovel Knight which I've been meaning to grab for a while.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

C-Euro posted:

Is Azure Striker Gunvolt the game everyone was losing their minds over when it first came out? I have 28 hours of flying & layovers to go through next week so I'm stuffing my 3DS with things to take the edge off. And how's the 8-bit spinoff Mighty Gunvolt? $3.99 is right around "sure why not?" territory for me, but I could put that money towards Wario Land II or Shovel Knight which I've been meaning to grab for a while.

AS Gunvolt is really quite good. It probably won't keep you busy for 28 hours but it is a satisfying game for the price. Mighty Gunvolt you could take or leave, it basically plays like a simple Mega Man clone but without getting new powers and with rather simple level design. Shovel Knight and Wario Land 2 are both better options, honestly.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I haven't played Gunvolt but if you haven't played Wario Land 2 and Shovel Knight then come on son

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Mighty Gunvolt is rubbish, don't waste your money on it. It's disgustingly easy because the stages are barren of enemies. The game is sort of fun when you play as the GalGun character because you get a double jump and an ability to charm enemies, but Beck and Gunvolt play like poo poo. One boss is a pain in the rear end with the latter two because he has an attack pattern that's nearly impossible to avoid without double jumping over him.

I know it's a quick cheapy thing Inti Creates threw together, but MG's complete lack of quality makes me worried about Mighty No 9.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

absolutely anything posted:

I haven't played Gunvolt but if you haven't played Wario Land 2 and Shovel Knight then come on son

I played Wario Land II years ago, and I've had Shovel Knight on my wishlist for a while. Truthfully I probably don't need to buy anything for this trip, I've hardly touched Fire Emblem and am one badge into Pokemon X. Also still in Low Rank in Monster Hunter 3U despite nearly 50 hours of playing :shepface:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wayforward put out a new trailer for the Wii U version of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - as advertised, it uses the same pixel graphics with HD character portraits and such:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owekgBASJ0Y

According to their twitter, the game is in final cert right now and could still be out this year (in NA) if Nintendo gives 'em the nod.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

An image worth more than a thousand words.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP VC watch: Wii U is getting both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3 next week, as well as a couple PCE games and Vampire Killer, the MSX version of the original Castlevania. 3DS is getting nothing, just like every other week.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

An image worth more than a thousand words.

Is that calling Angry Birds of all things a loving platformer?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

JP VC watch: Wii U is getting both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3 next week, as well as a couple PCE games and Vampire Killer, the MSX version of the original Castlevania. 3DS is getting nothing, just like every other week.

Woah, when did they get MMBN2? We only just got the first one in August and knowing Nintendo's slow schedule with this I'm not even expecting MMBN2 until next year.
Wonder how they're going to handle Trading (I'm expecting that it'll be dummied out, and you'll be unable to get all the chips in both games).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Steel Empire 3DS is going on sale tomorrow: $16 until January 11. Releasing that game for $30 to begin with was a big mistake.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Is that calling Angry Birds of all things a loving platformer?

And charging forty euros for it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Please buy Angry Birds our country needs the money.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

A good poster posted:

And charging forty euros for it.

Well that part is no surprise. They charge $30-$40 for those games in the US (the Star Wars spinoff one cost that much alone on consoles) and we all know companies don't convert currencies when they could just paste a different symbol in front of the original price even if it does mean its almost twice as expensive because of it.

And its Activision, of course.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

2GBs of Anger Bird please

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

Please buy Angry Birds our country needs the money.

Angry Birds-based economy is working out well, excellent.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of December 11):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Rise of the Guardians - €19.99 / Ł19.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - Ł19.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    Tested With Robots! - €10.00 / Ł9.00
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Zen Pinball 2 Additional Tables (includes free demos)
  • South Park Pinball - €4.99 / Ł3.99
  • Core Collection - €9.99 / Ł7.99
  • Venom Table - €2.99 / Ł2.39
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire (GBA) - €6.99 / Ł6.79
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €14.99 / Ł11.99 until December 18
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / Ł1.34 until December 25
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / Ł1.34 until December 25
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / Ł12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / Ł12.40 until January 30

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Ben 10 Omniverse - Ł14.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Hello Kitty: Happy Happy Family - €34.99 / Ł29.99
    My Life on a Farm - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    I Love My Little Boy - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    I Love My Little Girl - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    Hello Kitty: Happy Happy Family (demo)
    I Love My Little Boy (demo)
    I Love My Little Girl (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    Rune Factory 4 - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    Fairune - €2.99 / Ł2.39
    Pyramids 2 - €4.99 / Ł3.96
    Battleminer - €7.99 / Ł5.99
    My First Songs 2 - €4.99 / Ł4.49
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Persona Q DLC
  • Navigation: Theodore - €2.99 / Ł2.69
  • Navigation: Elizabeth - €2.99 / Ł2.69
  • Navigation: Margaret - €2.99 / Ł2.69
3DS MENU THEMES
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: KK Slider at Club LOL - €1.99 / Ł1.79
    Mario Characters (green camo) - €1.99 / Ł1.79
    Mario Characters (blue camo) - €1.99 / Ł1.79
    Polka Dots (yellow/white) - €0.99 / Ł0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Crash City Mayhem (3DS) - €7.99 / Ł6.99 until December 18
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €9.99 / Ł8.49 until December 18
    Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €3.99 / Ł3.59 until December 18
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) - €11.99 / Ł9.99 until December 18
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €19.99 / Ł17.99 until December 25
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / Ł5.40 until January 1
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99/Ł1.79 until January 1
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / Ł3.09 until January 8

NA update (week of December 11):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Angry Birds Star Wars - $39.99
    Angry Birds Trilogy - $39.99
WII U eSHOP
    Lucadian Chronicles - free to download, $7.99 for full unlock
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Crash'N The Boys: Street Challenge (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - "over 50% off" from December 12-22
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until December 26
    ZaciSa's Last Stand (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until January 7

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    I Love My Little Boy - $24.99
    I Love My Little Girl - $24.99
    Angry Birds Star Wars - $29.99
    Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99
    Moshi Monsters Moshling Theme Park - $29.99
    Moshi Monsters Katsumi Unleashed - $29.99
    Transformers Dark of the Moon Stealth Edition - $29.99
    Wipeout 2 - $29.99
    I Love My Little Boy (demo)
    I Love My Little Girl (demo)
    I Love My Little Horse (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy - $29/99
    Xeodrifter - $9.99
    Hazumi - $3.99
    Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages - $4.99
    My First Songs 2 - $4.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    nintendogs+cats Theme - free for digital owners of nintendogs+cats, available until December 31 2015
    Famicom Theme - free to owners of Ultimate NES Remix, expires December 5 2015
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Harvest Moon 3 (GBC) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until December 15
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $14.99 until 15
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - $24.99 until December 15
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) - $14.99 until December 15
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until December 19
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - "over 50% off" from December 12-22
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until December 22
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Soul Hackers (3DS) - $14.99 until December 22
    AiRace Xeno (3DS eShop) - $1.69 until December 25
    Woah Dave! (3DS eShop) - $0.99 from December 15-January 2
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until January 8
    Steel Empire (3DS eShop) - $15.99 until January 11
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Clu Clu Land (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 14
    Metroid II: Return of Samus (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 14
    Picturebook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (WiiWare) - 250 Coins, available until December 14
    Pilotwings (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Starship Defense (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Tokyo Crash Mobs (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Vegas Stakes (Wii U VC) - 2O0 Coins, available until December 14

(not listed: lots of shovelware sales that I can't be arsed typing up and/or Nintendo can't be arsed listing actual prices for)

Lucadian Chronicles is a card battle RPG by some ex-Square Enix/Nexon guys, including one guy who worked on My Life As A King. It looks pretty fully-featured, with online async multiplayer and Miiverse integration and all that junk, and there don't seem to be any microtransactions beyond the full unlock fee which takes away the daily play limit.

Xeodrifter is a metroidvania from the team behind Mutant Mudds, and it looks to have a similar plane-shifting gimmick. It's also coming out on Steam even though they advertised it as exclusive to 3DS, so if you're in PAL-land and you really wanna play it you don't have to wait for them to (not) release it in Europe.

Woah Dave! is a single-screen Mario Bros./Bubbke Bobble-style action game from the makers of the Bit.Trip series. I haven't played it but it's also on PC and people seem to like it okay, so it's probably worth a buck.

Steel Empire is a remake of the old Megadrive/GBA steampunk shooting game. It's usually $30, hence why noone bought it.

Tested with Robots is, uh, optimistically priced.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 11, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
$40 for Angry Birds? I felt like an idiot when I bought it for $1.99 on the iPad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They've had to lay off a lot of people, they really need this you guys. Please give the Angry birds developers your money. They made one succesful game and rereleased it with a new coat of paint for years, they have earned it. They got to keep afloat before movie of the year 2015 Angry Birds is released, saving Sony pictures.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I know it's been on sale for a week already, but I've played a couple levels of Azure Striker Gunvolt and it's pretty rad. I don't know how long it is but the amount of responsiveness and polish is definitely worth $10.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I Love My Little Boy (demo) 
I Love My Little Girl (demo) 
I Love My Little Horse (demo) 

It's important that the 3DS competes with the Vita for creepiest games available.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megaman Zero is releasing today, as well. The first of 100 Megaman Zero games.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cloks posted:

It's important that the 3DS competes with the Vita for creepiest games available.

Geez, at least with the Vita you can't tell it's going to be an anime titty game.

I'm sure these are wholesome shovel ware games

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cloks posted:

They get creepy when creeps play it instead of kids, their target demographic.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I feel like I have been waiting years for Rune Factory 4 to appear on my 3DS. There was a period where I seriously considered importing a US 3DS for it. I can scarcely believe it is finally here.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Oh man a sale on Steel Empire, how can I not?! That was easily my favorite game back on the Genesis. :allears: Such a good soundtrack too!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MinibarMatchman posted:

Megaman Zero is releasing today, as well. The first of 100 Megaman Zero games.

Releasing where?

Also there were four Megaman Zero games :confused:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Releasing where?

NOA put up a Wii U VC page for MMZ which showed today as the release date, but they took it down so it was probably a mistake.

All the assets are still up, though: http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/bin/AQBNv8fg4YENeuwJ8fedptIWnouhxm5c/pvlHsniCC4uOr5mVcSAs6XoiC9ntD_mV.jpg

Doc V fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 11, 2014

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Releasing where?

Also there were four Megaman Zero games :confused:

He was probably thinking of the Battle Network games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Doc V posted:

NOA put up a Wii U VC page for MMZ which showed today as the release date, but they took it down so it was probably a mistake.

All the assets are still up, though: http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/bin/AQBNv8fg4YENeuwJ8fedptIWnouhxm5c/pvlHsniCC4uOr5mVcSAs6XoiC9ntD_mV.jpg

If this and Shantae come out before the end of the year, I think I'll be getting one last $5 DDP credit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Doc V posted:

Capcom forgot to ESRB-rate it, it seems. I guess it'll be out next week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't it already have an ESRB rating?

I think MegaMan Zero are fun hard platformers but I hate the scoring system the currency system and being actively punished for seeking out and using power ups.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

greatn posted:

Didn't it already have an ESRB rating?

I think MegaMan Zero are fun hard platformers but I hate the scoring system the currency system and being actively punished for seeking out and using power ups.

It needs to be re-rated for re-release, for some reason.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Anyone tried Xeodrifter yet? How is it?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Anyone have any $20 ideas what I should buy on WiiU eshop to get one last code while the promotion lasts? Captain Toad rolled me over to one $5 code and having 300 remaining points, so 200 more will get me one last code. My collection of eShop titles is somewhat extensive, so I'm more looking for diamonds in the rough, I have most of the more mainstream ones.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wayforward is saying they think the Wii U version of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will be out on Xmas day. I think that game's $20, isn't it?

EDIT: wait, $19.99 means you'd still need to buy something else...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I don't really care for those Shantae games anyway. If there's something I like for $19.99 I'll be fine with picking it up and maybe spending 0.50 on one of those cheap shovelwares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

greatn posted:

Anyone have any $20 ideas what I should buy on WiiU eshop to get one last code while the promotion lasts? Captain Toad rolled me over to one $5 code and having 300 remaining points, so 200 more will get me one last code. My collection of eShop titles is somewhat extensive, so I'm more looking for diamonds in the rough, I have most of the more mainstream ones.

Do you have Club Nintendo points you can redeem? I'm 27 points away from my next five bucks so I'm just snagging one of the next Wii U downloads they offer.