Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Well it was all a bit of politcal push, and it would be nice if he told the judges before handing out the reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

It would be nice if he told his ministers before handing out policy too.

E: Almost as though all of this is following... a General Patton of behaviour. :v:

Les Affaires fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 12, 2014

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWjUox8lLTU

John Kaye is a BAMF.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Les Affaires posted:

It would be nice if he told his ministers before handing out policy too.

E: Almost as though all of this is following... a General Patton of behaviour. :v:

:golfclap:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

This is the kind of speech I want to hear from Labor :|

EDIT: Meanwhile in a Official ALP Survey

No "Don't lock people up on an Island" Option. What should I do at this Christmas party? Get pissed off vodka before hand and kick the door open with a shotgun?

Anidav fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 12, 2014

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Anidav posted:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Anidav posted:

No "Don't lock people up on an Island" Option. What should I do at this Christmas party? Get pissed off vodka before hand and kick the door open with a shotgun?

Stitch your mouth closed and refuse to eat any of the food?

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Anidav posted:

Resign and post your impassioned and rousing resignation letter online to go in my collection of political_party_resignation_tears.txt for people to laffo at.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Anidav posted:

What should I do at this Christmas party? Get pissed off vodka before hand and kick the door open with a shotgun?
You should join The Greens.

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

Anidav posted:

Crazy idea: you could not go and join The Australian Greens instead.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Turn up with a giant watermelon and stare accusingly at the attendees. Then moonwalk out of there while flipping them all off

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

If Anidav constantly ignores advice and acts against his best interest like this irl I see why he can't get a non-horrible job.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

EDIT: Meanwhile in a Official ALP Survey

If all of your posts about your jobhunting and ALP escapades were collated together they'd make for a superb E/N thread

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

If all of your posts about your jobhunting and ALP escapades were collated together they'd make for a superb E/N thread

It'd be an Australian version of Benny the Snake's thread. With similiar results.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

anidav, join the greens.

I would, but we disagree on Nuclear power.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can my new years resolution be to follow this thread's advice so long as it's sound and if it doesn't land me a job by 2016 then we all get Perma'd which will do society a favour?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
What are greens policies on irradiated milk?

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Kommando posted:

anidav, join the greens.

FYI down in SA we have someone who almost certainly disagrees more with the Greens re: nuclear power and he gets on just fine.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Dis...agree on nuclear power? I don't mean to start up a bunfight, but I thought the economics were pretty much self explanatory these days.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hey here is some debate and discussion on the topic of Australian politics

Tony Abbott is a loving wrecking ball

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Finally caught up on this thread! I had to stop reading for a week because our new NBN isn't working right. The actual internet is fine but our neighbour hopped the fence and took a poo poo in the connection box. He says he dug a poop grid and he's had to extend it into our yard because he already filled his and he promises not to get drunk before pooping next time. I guess everyone has their foibles, haha. Anyway, off to my weekly LNP meeting.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Les Affaires posted:

Dis...agree on nuclear power? I don't mean to start up a bunfight, but I thought the economics were pretty much self explanatory these days.

They are. Solar/wind make more sense and can supply baseload

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Kommando posted:

anidav, join the greens.

I would, but Labor just offered me a blow job to stay, how can I say no?

FTFY

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

They are. Solar/wind make more sense and can supply baseload

This covers a little bit about solar: http://scott-ludlam.greensmps.org.au/WA2.0

If you can find the video of the full presentation he gave in Perth you should watch it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ettin posted:

Anyway, off to my weekly LNP meeting.

Hey that's my gimmick :mad:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

80% of why people don't want Nuclear Power is because of The Simpsons
:goonsay:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Kommando posted:

anidav, join the greens.

lmao

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mod fight?

Mod fight!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

tithin posted:

Mod fight?

Mod fight!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Av battle!

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Is there anyway to join the Greens, but still be against party politics? That's my one main sticking point.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Can my new years resolution be to follow this thread's advice so long as it's sound and if it doesn't land me a job by 2016 then we all get Perma'd which will do society a favour?

Under the 1000 year reich of mecha-Morrison, by 2016 anyone without a job will be permabanned from life anyway.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sanguine posted:

Is there anyway to join the Greens, but still be against party politics? That's my one main sticking point.

Sure, you can just join and donate and do nothing at all if that's your wish.

Anyone not seen this fun annotation of our Foreign Minister's hilarious speech at the Lima conference? Well now you have.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I also disagree with the Greens on their nuclear policy, but having a small disagreement on a fairly fringe, hypothetical issue with a party that you otherwise broadly agree with is a really dumb reason not to join up. I will start worrying about it on the day an international consortium actually wants to start building molten-salt thorium reactors on the outskirts of Sydney, which I expect to happen some timebetween first contact with the Neptunians and the second coming of Christ.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

why not get involved and try and push whatever you want internally

you know

kinda like changing them from within?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

you know

Isn't QM literally doing this, at least in regards to The Greens position on the Lucas Heights reactor?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
It's not like any of the other parties are particularly pro-nuclear. Which is fine when you consider that we basically have no nuclear industry and support network to build and operate it and we would also need to train/import experiend personell to safely construct and operate all the power plants we'd need it seems like a non-starter.

Meanwhile we are geologically blessed with excellent conditions for solar and wind, and (well less so recently) but have generally been a world leader in producing and advancing these technologies. And we have the ability to start deploying it in quantity right now if we were so inclined.

Are greens against research/medical reactors? That's about the only reason we really have to run them in Australia.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Matthew Beet posted:

you know

Nah I'm going to start a party called Greens for Nuclear and roll my way to a Ricky Muir esque crossbencher position.

Unless someone has already done that then I'll have to change the name slightly.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Shanakin posted:

Are greens against research/medical reactors? That's about the only reason we really have to run them in Australia.

They are, or were last time I checked (last federal elections), which is the main reason a lot of people dislike their nuclear policy.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

Kommando posted:

anidav, join the greens.

I disagree with way more than just nuclear power. So far I have managed not to go off at anyone, despite there being times I really wanted to and arguably times I should have. You don't need to submit to the Green hivemind and agree on everything when you sign up as a member.

If you're elected, though, they put a chip in your brain to override your conscience and free will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shanakin posted:

It's not like any of the other parties are particularly pro-nuclear. Which is fine when you consider that we basically have no nuclear industry and support network to build and operate it and we would also need to train/import experiend personell to safely construct and operate all the power plants we'd need it seems like a non-starter.

Meanwhile we are geologically blessed with excellent conditions for solar and wind, and (well less so recently) but have generally been a world leader in producing and advancing these technologies. And we have the ability to start deploying it in quantity right now if we were so inclined.

Well see this is a good point. You have the fat cats in the coal industry going bananas over renewable certificates, you reckon they'll sit down and go 'you know what Tones, Shawty? you guys go do nukes yeah? it's good for the country'.

• Locked thread