Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is on Byolante's wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Once again the Premier League shows it's tougher to break down two gritty banks of four than it is to put five past supposedly one of the top teams in Europe. I am shocked every summer that your Real Madrids and Barcelonas don't come sniffing round Lee Cattermole. He is the second coming of Claude Makelele in my opinion.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Im the ugly guy on his belly snd chest

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

fat gay nonce posted:

Im the ugly guy on his belly snd chest

Haha now I've seen it I cannot take that cool image seriously

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

An Actual Bear posted:

Once again the Premier League shows it's tougher to break down two gritty banks of four than it is to put five past supposedly one of the top teams in Europe. I am shocked every summer that your Real Madrids and Barcelonas don't come sniffing round Lee Cattermole. He is the second coming of Claude Makelele in my opinion.

Your Cattermoles

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

a ronaldo or a januzaj or a cattermole

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Cattermole Role

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Ninpo posted:

This is on Byolante's wall.

If only you could get it as a poster...

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
scholes is the worst, but gerrard gets the weird compliment stuff overlaying inspirational images too:

http://xtra.liverpoolfc.com/listicles/totti-ferguson-suarez-kaka-henry-torres-owen-and-zidane-on-steven-gerrard-26-special-tributes

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

As a QPR fan, I can assure you that LA and Seattle are at least as good as QPR/Leicester/Burnley. Really think this Galaxy team could do battle with the likes of Swansea and Stoke. Those terrible teams don't have players at the level of Jones, Nguyen, Donovan, Dempsey, Keane, Oba, etc.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

As a QPR fan, I can assure you that LA and Seattle are at least as good as QPR/Leicester/Burnley. Really think this Galaxy team could do battle with the likes of Swansea and Stoke. Those terrible teams don't have players at the level of Jones, Nguyen, Donovan, Dempsey, Keane, Oba, etc.

Those English teams just don't have players at the level of Robbie Keane.

e: although I will give them that going by Robbie Keane's scoring record, the MLS is at least a better league than the SPL.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

e: although I will give them that going by Robbie Keane's scoring record, the MLS is at least a better league than the SPL.
it is

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

vyelkin posted:

Those English teams just don't have players at the level of Robbie Keane.

Lies

:smith:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

whooo yeah that's bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Close thread.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No.

*freezes every post in mid-air*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Is this the Leicester game?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

mods rename me The Title Zone

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/11/why-liverpool-never-win-the-league/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

It starts off well enough and it's almost like he's going to make a good, if obvious, point about money in football now but then he goes completely mental with the advanced stats.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

It starts off well enough and it's almost like he's going to make a good, if obvious, point about money in football now but then he goes completely mental with the advanced stats.

totally redundant

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Unfortunately 35m Carroll and 20m Downing were sold and the squad value couldn't come close to being in The Title Zone.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

also they would have won the title last season if steven gerrard hadn't slipped

Erin Esurance Waifu
Sep 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJMr6nrl7c0

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did you guys know that Xavi likes Paul Scholes?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

remember when the daily mail published an article claiming that xavi had been talking about scholes in a press conference and yet he didnt mention him once, delusional manc scumbags

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
"My only regret is that no one ever attributes fake Scholes quotes to me."--Lev Yashin

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
that's a poo poo-ton of words just to say "Liverpoo"

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I don't think there's a lot wrong with that Liverpool article tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I would like Liverpool to get on the highway to the title zone imo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Joseph Stalin made a massive balls up of a situation when the Nazi German attacked USSR in WW II. He wasn't ready for it as he had a pact with Hitler. After starving people of Leningrad to death, the German army were within kilometres of Moscow. He had a choice. To leave Moscow in order to Save Russia (Buying himself some time)? Or to stay in Moscow and counter-back, risking he'll lost fast. He went within brinks of getting on the train to get to Eastern Russia, like what Mikhail Kutuzov the Tsar did in 1812, but in the last minute, he had a change of heart and made one of the most decisive decisions in history of this world. A decision that changed the world we live in today. A very bald and brave one. He stayed in Moscow and what happened next we all know.

This is the moment we need Brendan to have. A moment of pure instinct. A moment of inspiration that trumps all the self-doubt, caution, and fear. Come on Brendan, you can do it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Joseph Stalin made a massive balls up of a situation when the Nazi German attacked USSR in WW II. He wasn't ready for it as he had a pact with Hitler. After starving people of Leningrad to death, the German army were within kilometres of Moscow. He had a choice. To leave Moscow in order to Save Russia (Buying himself some time)? Or to stay in Moscow and counter-back, risking he'll lost fast. He went within brinks of getting on the train to get to Eastern Russia, like what Mikhail Kutuzov the Tsar did in 1812, but in the last minute, he had a change of heart and made one of the most decisive decisions in history of this world. A decision that changed the world we live in today. A very bald and brave one. He stayed in Moscow and what happened next we all know.

This is the moment we need Brendan to have. A moment of pure instinct. A moment of inspiration that trumps all the self-doubt, caution, and fear. Come on Brendan, you can do it.

holy loving poo poo, close thread, we're done here

it's beautiful

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Brony Car posted:

:captainpop:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

wrong thread

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Brony Car posted:

Stalin?
Wow.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brony Car posted:

:wow:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The history sperg in me wants to point out that Stalin choosing to stay in Moscow was almost entirely irrelevant to the outcome of Operation Barbarossa, and the main argument is as to Hitler choosing to delay the attack on Moscow from July until October 1941 since he didn't see it as critical to winning the war.

It is, however, the sort of thing that Stalin would talk up in a press conference before going home to look at the picture of himself he keeps in his own house.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Brony Car posted:

Inspirational. We should all be so lucky to have our own Stalin Moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Rename The Ray Parlour to The Joseph Stalin imo