Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lurdiak posted:

I believe the faith of the robots is changing her just as the superstitions of man changed Coyote from a canine into a ridiculous supergod.

Yeah and the smoke coming off the Whale corpse is probably still all reality altering given that is how it was made/how it shouldn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I wonder if she still sounds like she usually sounds.

Also I can't wait for tomorrow's page...it'll probably cut back to the other boats or something though.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Brightman posted:

A sneaky squared-off speech bubble would have been pretty cool.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Brightman posted:

Also I can't wait for tomorrow's page...it'll probably cut back to the other boats or something though.

Eglamore with a bowl of popcorn wondering why Renard is late to movie night.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BobTheJanitor posted:

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1049 (standard warning, GC link, beware of archive binging)

I don't know if this is intentional or a difference between the two art styles, but in the "realistic" drawing, the right side of Kat's face is clearly cracked. In the latest comic, it's clearly intact. I wonder if this will come up in the story at a later point.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

The Red Queen posted:

Eglamore with a bowl of popcorn wondering why Renard is late to movie night.

He's getting progressively more worried, nobody would want to miss Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Lurdiak posted:

I believe the faith of the robots is changing her just as the superstitions of man changed Coyote from a canine into a ridiculous supergod.

Maybe it's not so much changing her as much as it's changing the etheric version of her. So in our reality she remains unchanged but in the etheric realms she becomes that insane robot angel/god.

Although if that were the case I can't imagine why Annie can't see that crazy form when she's floating around doing ether stuff.

Also, nice catch on the cracked face thing. As many times as I've seen that picture I've never noticed it before.

Edit: Goddamnit, now you nutjobs have me posting crazy speculation about poo poo right along with you. It was bad enough when I thought to myself "huh, I see a lot of those Gunnerkrigg avatars around, I wonder what that's all about?" and ended up reading the whole loving thing in like a day and a half only to end up waiting with baited breath for the newest pages. Now I've truly become one of you!

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 11, 2014

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Uncomfortable Gaze posted:

He's getting progressively more worried, nobody would want to miss Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.
Worse, it's the 100th meeting of the "Tony Carver is a Bit of a Tosser" club. You just don't flake out on that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

Edit: Goddamnit, now you nutjobs have me posting crazy speculation about poo poo right along with you. It was bad enough when I thought to myself "huh, I see a lot of those Gunnerkrigg avatars around, I wonder what that's all about?" and ended up reading the whole loving thing in like a day and a half only to end up waiting with baited breath for the newest pages. Now I've truly become one of you!

Oh yeah? Well where's your Gunnerkrigg avatar then, huh? :colbert:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

There Bias Two posted:

I don't know if this is intentional or a difference between the two art styles, but in the "realistic" drawing, the right side of Kat's face is clearly cracked. In the latest comic, it's clearly intact. I wonder if this will come up in the story at a later point.

I don't think it's realistic so much as it is Zimmy's "visions" being a lot more warped than they later appear. For example, she has a vision of Sivo/Renard on page 190, which is noticeably different than how he appears on page 41. Her vision is far more mangled and mechanical compared to how he actually looks.

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think the Avatar fairy stuff happens anymore, does it?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

There Bias Two posted:

I think it's still there, but it doesn't go all the way down (might be just due to the decrease in detail), you can sorta see it (maybe) right above the...brow? eye? There's smoke in the way, but it looks like it might still be there.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

There Bias Two posted:

I wanted to say the crack was a result of the flower themed headband, but then again Zimmy sees and hears things like pigeons-that-speak-and-act-out-inner-thoughts, so. Also, what others said about the crack appearing to be there, kind of obscured by the smoke.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Zimmy sees and hears things like pigeons-that-speak-and-act-out-inner-thoughts

They were real to me dammit!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Dammerung posted:

I don't think it's realistic so much as it is Zimmy's "visions" being a lot more warped than they later appear. For example, she has a vision of Sivo/Renard on page 190, which is noticeably different than how he appears on page 41. Her vision is far more mangled and mechanical compared to how he actually looks.

I've never thought that was supposed to be Sivo. Maybe another Rogat Orjak, or maybe just some nonsensical weird-rear end thing to show how crazy it is in Zimmyham. Or maybe it was Tom planting an early hint for the story of the cyber-dragon that we'll find out about in chapter 57.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BobTheJanitor posted:

I've never thought that was supposed to be Sivo. Maybe another Rogat Orjak, or maybe just some nonsensical weird-rear end thing to show how crazy it is in Zimmyham. Or maybe it was Tom planting an early hint for the story of the cyber-dragon that we'll find out about in chapter 57.
Tom outright conforms it's supposed to be Renard in Sivo's body when he goes over the chapter in his Youtube retrospective.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Tom outright conforms it's supposed to be Renard in Sivo's body when he goes over the chapter in his Youtube retrospective.

I didn't recall that at all, and it was enough to make me go back and check the video again. All he says is that her visions are manifesting in an 'oddly familiar shape', and also that said visions are sometimes prophetic. Not sure how you get from there to 'this is definitely Renard/Sivo', though. :shrug:

I mean, maybe I'm missing something, but feel free to check it yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXeILNEigjc&t=220s

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh no!

What if Paz thinks Kat is talking to her??? :ohdear:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Really Pants posted:

Oh no!

What if Paz thinks Kat is talking to her??? :ohdear:

Then we're probably in for some wacky forced drama as Paz goes around telling all her friends how mean Kat was to her, without ever once considering how stupid that assumption would be, or maybe just asking her for clarification. Unless, of course, Tom isn't a hack writer. I guess we'll wait and see! :v:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
same

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
And no wacky forced drama.

Except for Annie, because she feels like a ninth wheel.

Hey, Annie, go pet Reynardine. He did a good job, right?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
annie way to utterly own yourself

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
And we've gone back to http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1395

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zemyla posted:

Hey, Annie, go pet Reynardine. He did a good job, right?

He does need to be reminded that he is both Good Dog and Best Friend, after all.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The best Annie face.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Singletown, population: 1 (One) Annie. :v:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

except with a less oblivious annie re:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Gunnerkrigg Court - a comic about hugs.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 12, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good job everyone!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Where's Renard with Annie's hug?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Congratulations!

*montage of characters applauding, comic suddenly ends*

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Congratulations!

Bonus page: teachers back at the court going 'I'm sorry could you repeat that, the ship what?"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Congratulations!

I can't wait for End of Gunnerkrigg.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Good Job Annie! The ninth wheel is the best wheel!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Missing a shot of Vegeta and Janet.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

:golfclap:

I was wondering if someone would be able to work some photoshop magic on that last panel, there.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Regy Rusty posted:

One step at a time there, buddy. Besides, until the Avatar Fairy show up again to grace us with her favors my cheap rear end is quite happy being a GAR-BAGE DICK.

Well, maybe happy isn't really the word I want. I suppose it's more like 'good enough for now', but that doesn't really have the same snappy ring to it.

Edit: I'm a GAR-BAGE DICK for Gunnerkrigg!

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 12, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Thanks for the Hilarious Meme

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Antimony Carver: More of a wallflower than a literal shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

SynthOrange posted:

Good job everyone!
Good job, all!