Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Are those by official artist, or is it fan stuff? I take it the Bell/G-Self one is referencing Attack on Titan?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't actually know the source but I want a set.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

An Assassin's Creed style show where a character memory dives into older shows to learn more about the Black History would be hilarious/awesome.

"Oh, they have Gundams and Zakus here too. Of course they do."

It exists actually. Gundam Age EX-A. It's a sidestory where a guy dives into Gundam history and fights a bunch of MSV dudes and stuff.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh my god

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The AoT reference at least makes a bit of sense since wasn't the last episode directed by the guy who did the AoT and Death Note animes?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TARDISman posted:

The AoT reference at least makes a bit of sense since wasn't the last episode directed by the guy who did the AoT and Death Note animes?

That it was.

Guilty Crown as well, but we don't talk about Guilty Crown.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

It exists actually. Gundam Age EX-A. It's a sidestory where a guy dives into Gundam history and fights a bunch of MSV dudes and stuff.

It's not AGE related at all but is a pretty rad manga with the weird evolving Extreme Gundam. Extremely fun to play as in Extreme Vs as well.

A weekly cartoon or OVA would be cool as hell.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
@next week's preview: Oh gently caress. It's Zanscare.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's Happening.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh poo poo Zanscare's back... And Mask and Noted Genius Klim Nick are working together against them. :getin:

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Huh, that at least explains why Ameria's primary mobile suit is named what it is.

Guess they still remember Ginn Jehannam well enough to name a mobile suit after him

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The line right after the one you bolded points out that history is filled with all sorts of different interpretations. That's what they meant by black history.

It's a purposefully nonsensical explanation; "all of them are in the black history. why? because black history".

EDIT: With a different writer In a different interpretation of history, the events of Destiny and AGE weren't stupid as all get out.

TARDISman posted:

"In MY version of the One Year War, Zeon was a race of genetically enhanced supermen!"
"That's loving stupid Jimmy, clearly my version, which features the Heart of Space is correct."
"Both of you are wrong. The conflict between Earth and the colonies was resolved with robot punchfights."

Thing is though, this does kinda lead back to them being all concurrent rather than linear progression. Which means Reconguista could indeed be headed for Moonlit Butterfly time.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

LeadSled posted:

Huh, that at least explains why Ameria's primary mobile suit is named what it is.

Guess they still remember Ginn Jehannam well enough to name a mobile suit after him

I don't recall who this is, gimme a hint.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Maarak posted:

I don't recall who this is, gimme a hint.

The leader of the League Militaire, Zanscare's arch-enemies in Victory Gundam. Both the real one, Uso's dad, and his body double died in spectacular ramming attacks near the end of the war.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Well I'm not gonna understand any of these references. :v:

Caros
May 14, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

Well I'm not gonna understand any of these references. :v:

Right there with you. Victory is one of the only Gundam series I haven't watched, so if there be references I sure as gently caress don't know them.

Caros fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 12, 2014

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

The leader of the League Militaire, Zanscare's arch-enemies in Victory Gundam. Both the real one, Uso's dad, and his body double died in spectacular ramming attacks near the end of the war.

Oh, you can't just post that and not link the body double and all the old dudes going out in a blaze of glory.

V Gundam spoilers, since that tends to be too depressing for most folks to have seen the end.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spoilers guys.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Thanks!

Reconguista might be the push that gets me to finish Victory.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

@next week's preview: Oh gently caress. It's Zanscare.

You know, it figures that if any single faction would survive the end of the Universal Century and the first thousand years of the Reguild Century, it would be my least favorite bunch.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I secretly want the first words out of the moon people's mouths to be Sieg Zeon. They are like cockroaches. You can never be rid of them.

Also every time Mask spins his suit around firing lasers I can only think of the Death Blossom.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ethiser posted:

I secretly want the first words out of the moon people's mouths to be Sieg Zeon. They are like cockroaches. You can never be rid of them.

Also every time Mask spins his suit around firing lasers I can only think of the Death Blossom.

So much this.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Klim Nick posted:

Those people in Towasanga come from Universal Century survivors who made up the Hermes Foundation and-

I guess this sentence ends in Zanscare, huh. Wonder why they spent what's gotta be at least decades, if not centuries, hanging out on the moon recharging batteries for earthnoids. I guess there's been a political shift up there and now they want to come home.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Oh boy, the faction that brought us the guillotine, giant Gundam motorcycles, and a bikini squad?
:getin:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sue posted:

Oh boy, the faction that brought us the guillotine, giant Gundam motorcycles, and a bikini squad?
:getin:

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be easy to beat. All Bellri and company have to do is shut down their brains by explaining that women can become pregnant.

Seriously, though, we probably should have seen this coming as soon as we learned that the game was being run by a space-headed UC faction who use religion to control their vassals. Remember Maria?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I wonder if they kept the blueprints for the cock and balls space laser.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, though, we probably should have seen this coming as soon as we learned that the game was being run by a space-headed UC faction who use religion to control their vassals. Remember Maria?

I really hope this series doesn't go full Angel Halo but I'm down for all the other craziness that the final stretch of Victory brought us.

Looking back though this makes me wonder if the weird G-Self toolkit has some cool references, mainly the F91-esque MEPE afterimages that it can fire apparently.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
That's no moon...

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
So the ED's Mystery Matador Woman is a Moon-fleet general? I just can't imagine anyone with her design being villainous. It's too heroic. You know what, she'll probably be a voice of reason like Wilmit or Gusion.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It didn't start out that way but the Mack Knife's my favorite suit in the series so far. I hope there's still crazy things it can do that they haven't shown off yet, it's cool to watch.

I might get the kit of it if they can make it anywhere as flexible as it is in the show.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Sharkopath posted:

I might get the kit of it if they can make it anywhere as flexible as it is in the show.

Probably my favorite mechanical part about this show. All the suits are so flexible and move in such fun ways.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sharkopath posted:

It didn't start out that way but the Mack Knife's my favorite suit in the series so far. I hope there's still crazy things it can do that they haven't shown off yet, it's cool to watch.

The Roundhouse Missile Kick is probably my favorite attack in the show.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm super interested to see what happens when Bellri meets and interacts with the actual Towasangans too, I haven't seen every gundam but I think he's the first protagonist to be outright religious in nature.

Tomino has been promising that episodes 13-15 will be 'VERY FUN!' so I'm excited to see them anyways.

They're doing a series of movie theater screenings on the 28th that will end with the early showing of episode 15, and if you go you get your very own Mask Mask.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 13, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tomino saying something will be fun fills me with fear. Say goodbye to whoever you liked, they're going to have a "fun time"...

Also I want that Mask mask. I'll wear it and shout loudly everything I think, probably call someone Banana while I'm at it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

Tomino saying something will be fun fills me with fear. Say goodbye to whoever you liked, they're going to have a "fun time"...

Also I want that Mask mask. I'll wear it and shout loudly everything I think, probably call someone Banana while I'm at it.

Yeah, that sounds Fun as in Dwarf Fortress. I've got money on the Inspector-Generial dying at the very least because they haven't killed everyone Aila loves yet.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Here's a detail I didn't pay much attention to until checking out the model kits:

The G-Self arrives in episode one with a fancy beam rifle and red shield:

(screenshot from Episode 11)

When Aida attacks the Crown later in the episode, she's got a simpler rifle and blue shield:

(screenshot from Episode 4)

Bellri has switched between them several times so far, but always uses them in the same combinations. He never uses the original rifle with the blue shield as far as I recall, for instance. But the HG G-Self comes with the original rifle and the blue shield, and the Space Pack, which is naturally sold separately, comes with the simpler rifle and the red shield. Looks like a subtle case of Bandai trying to milk more money from nerds. :v: You want your toys to be screen accurate, don't you?

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
http://a.pomf.se/yrarmb.webm

I might not care about getting killed if it meant getting killed by Banana's laser thighs.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The Mack Knifes have so much fun with what to do with the extraneous legs of a space-use mobile suit. Lasers, missiles, more hidden missiles in the crotch, they have it all. I hope mask ends the series with some kind of nega-zeong that has a million laser legs under its skirt like a big robot jellyfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
I hope they build on the Mack Knife's "weapons in every part of the body" concept and develop a mobile suit that can split its body apart into individual weapons. Maybe have them be remotely controlled.

heh

• Locked thread